Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Roy in his youth was even more handsome ^___^
Noway! Rose is Roy's daughter?! For some stupid reason I hoped since the first episode that Solty somehow will turn out to be Rita, just with all parts of her body replaced.
Solty was awfully clumsy on those bombs. But main heroes don't die ;) However, she is free from egoism. She didn't envy Roy to Rose a bit. She's too perfect to be a human child...
Isn't it unordinary that we have learned the mystery of Roy's daughter already in the middle of the series? I hope it means that another mystery awaits us in the next series xD

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
May 9, 2009 8:33 PM

May 2008
Outstanding! I think this series is really starting to take off. I was suckered into thinking that one of the RUC girls was his daughter from the grave visitation scene a few episodes previous.

So now all that's left is - who or what is solty?
Oct 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Oct 2007
I'll be honest. I haven't really been enjoying the series that much.
I had originally thought (and somewhat hoped) that Solty was Roy's daughter, and while I was surprised that it turned out being Rose,
the reveal was not executed as well as it could have been.
As usual, the animation and overall artwork is substandard and disappointing, and the dialogue feels forced and unnatural.
This episode felt very formulaic.
It's only halfway through the series and most of the plot is already wrapped up.
I thought they would take longer to reveal who Roy's daughter is.
Meh. :/
Apr 13, 2014 8:49 AM
Jun 2013
I was surprised rose was his kid.
Jan 7, 2017 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
Honestly glad. Solty wasn't Roy's daughter. It would have been too cliche.
Now that this mystery is out of the way, now we can focus on Rose's love interest and that graveyard scene.
Sep 6, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2019
The song "Return to Love" is amazing. It alone would sell the nostalgic story. In fact, this is like "You belong to me" from Bioshock Infinite, another nostalgic story about a father and daughter reunion.

On the other hand, I can't make heads or tails of this series either from the tone or the writing. It remains fairly grounded in tone despite showing some fan service shots from time to time, and somehow Solty isn't made out to be a cute girl.

But what is Solty doing in this series anyway, if she's not the daughter surrogate? They revealed that Rose was his daughter, but then it's done intentionally anticlimactically, instead of taking the expected route of saving the twist for the end for some melodramatic reunion. And they did this twist before much development from Roy. Maybe this is the start of his becoming a better person? But then in what way? What's his flaw? Being unable to display emotion?

Oh and you gotta love how no-nonsense Larry is. Shoots the bad guy multiple times. On the whole the series gets surprisingly violent although it doesn't have a gratuitous depiction of said violence.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 24 Discussion

XorMal - May 6, 2009

16 by XXXXXXXXXIII »»
Nov 1, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 1 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Apr 7, 2009

8 by NoviSun »»
Oct 26, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 17 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 6, 2010

5 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 14, 2022 4:22 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 14 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jul 13, 2009

5 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 14, 2022 2:59 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 5 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 21, 2008

4 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 14, 2022 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.