Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2009 3:55 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Talk about an anticlimactic ending. But oh well, I'm already hooked. >.<
Jan 23, 2009 11:42 AM

Feb 2008
:? what happened at the end of this episode anyway,its been some time.

Hooked..but for just how long @_@
Jan 23, 2009 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
Scygoku said:
:? what happened at the end of this episode anyway,its been some time.

Hooked..but for just how long @_@

Tsukasa's guardian had just launched an attack against Bear; Bear in turn had jumped to fight back, and then the episode ended.

And, I'll probably at least finish the series. We'll see. It has a promising start, at the very least.
Jan 24, 2009 6:51 AM

Feb 2008
^_^ ah thanks,now I get the story is.

Just wait till you get to the end..well atleast the 26 episodes (theres two extra episodes) and when your confused i'll explain.This is assuming:

a)You don't already know and
b)Your willing to continue

Mind me asking if you just recently started watching anime or not had time to update the list?
Jan 24, 2009 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
Well, I haven't seen much anime, but I've read quite a bit of manga. I've just been lazy about working on my list. I've been sick today, so I've been lazy about everything today, haha.
Jan 25, 2009 4:54 AM

Feb 2008
I hear chicken ramen cures what ales you ^.^
Jan 25, 2009 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
Ah, I'm feeling a heck of a lot better today. I don't think ramen would have helped much yesterday, as I couldn't even keep down water for the majority of the day. >.<
Jan 25, 2009 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
:/ i've only have something like that once,could've keep anything down so they gave me pills that needed to be put under the tongue.
Jan 25, 2009 3:50 PM

Jan 2009
Yeah, luckily, I am feeling a lot better today.
Apr 21, 2009 10:08 AM

Mar 2009
Im really enjoyed this episode.
Oct 25, 2009 6:35 PM

Oct 2009
im liking this show...its combing my two loves...videogames and anime! lol

Nov 25, 2009 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
Lol that animal is weird that he raised. Bear mentioned some BBS program didn't go further about it. I wonder what it was about.

He is kinda sweet though, since he is worried about the boy.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 9, 2009 4:28 AM

Mar 2009
It was ok.

Dec 13, 2009 3:38 AM

Apr 2009
God, the main character is so unlikeable.
Jun 19, 2011 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
Guardian is pretty epic
Tsukasa's a bitch
But you gotta feel for him, not being able to log out and all...
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Jun 25, 2013 6:33 PM

Oct 2011
Tsukasa is just a little bitch. >:(
Grr.... I don't think I can stand him much longer!
Oct 20, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
Camon guys, give him a break..the series just started. Besides should be hard to be unable to log out and having amnesia and all that :/
Jun 3, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2008
I don't recall being able to PK in this version of the game. Maybe I should replay it...
Feb 24, 2015 7:18 PM

Apr 2012
Why is there already a whole group of strangers fretting about this mopey dick who mumbled he couldn't log out once?

Why is there a big drama about some admin guy who passed out in front of his computer? Really?

"There's no way to know whether it's true or not, but I can believe it"
- Why do these people jump to believe the stupidest shit and immediately start theorising wacked out stuff about games carrying on when you logout FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER?! Even if that is apparently the plot of this show... but people aren't like this.

Guardian looks dumb, cat is stupid and all the characters are horrible. Think I'm trying to say I'm dropping this. !!!

Hope y'all enjoy it even if I don't. There's always Lain again.
Oct 29, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2015
Blackouting said:
Why is there already a whole group of strangers fretting about this mopey dick who mumbled he couldn't log out once?

Why is there a big drama about some admin guy who passed out in front of his computer? Really?

"There's no way to know whether it's true or not, but I can believe it"
- Why do these people jump to believe the stupidest shit and immediately start theorising wacked out stuff about games carrying on when you logout FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER?! Even if that is apparently the plot of this show... but people aren't like this.

Guardian looks dumb, cat is stupid and all the characters are horrible. Think I'm trying to say I'm dropping this. !!!

Hope y'all enjoy it even if I don't. There's always Lain again.

I have to disagree with this.

1. The guy could die from not being able to eat or sleep in the real world. If someone is dying and you can do something about it, the majority of people would probably get involved.

2. Because it's a video game. It's supposed to be virtual reality and yet someone was damaged so badly in the game that it effected them in real life. It could happen to others. It could get worse over time and end up killing someone.

3. People believe a lot of things that they have no way to prove. Religion, for one thing. The guy is either telling the truth or not. Either way there's no way to know whether or not it's true, but Bear's just getting the feeling that it is. It's called intuition.

4. It's episode two out of TWENTY SIX and you are already convinced that you know the characters to the fullest extent. And who cares if the Guardian and cat look stupid? If I dropped an anime every time I didn't like the designs then I wouldn't have watched some of my favorite anime.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Feb 7, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2008
the end of this ep nearly makes me want to drop the series... what an absolute pussy protag. well, at least there's plenty of room for him to improve... he's very unlikeable atm though (but the girl is nice)

also @Blackouting I believe it's kind of the whole point of this show to make you question so many things and look for answers as you continue to watch it... though I doubt we'll get all the answers by the end of the series, I do think it'll make (a lot) more sense than it does now...
Feb 7, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2012
I don't mind mystery, but these people are hugely overreacting given the knowledge they have. WE know something's up, but they don't. Some weird guy passing says something weird, you just ignore them, you don't stop what you're doing and immediately form a posse, wondering if reality as we know it is broken.

And I can't remember much of the plot but I don't think there was much reason for them to panic because some fat dude passed out in front of his computer, let alone to worry that the game was alive.
Feb 7, 2016 9:43 AM

Mar 2008
yeah I totally agree with you.... I just don't get why they give a shit at all. The only person that should be worried about this is the sys admin as it's HIS responsibility considering everyone else is helpless against Tsubasa (or rather his guardian monster or w/e it is). If everything doesn't work as a player I'd just abandon the game and play something else, lol. Why bother to worry about some random ass dude I know nothing about.. if the game master aka sys admin can do nothing I'd just say screw it all and stop playing.. I mean all the other players are able to log out, so what's the problem really..
I guess I just have to keep watching *sigh
Sep 8, 2017 10:01 PM
Mar 2015
Cliff hanger huh. Wonder what happens next.
Sep 28, 2017 11:39 AM

Nov 2015
This is sad. he passed out while being online rpg... he will never come back.
He wanted to escape from real world so it's not so bad situation... but the rules are similar in the game than in the real world we living so he's screwed x_x'
Mysterious girl convinces him there's a place where he can be in peace (alone), and said to be his guardian and protect him :/ Hmmm..

đź’˘

Mar 5, 2018 6:08 PM

Jul 2017
I always think about what Bear says about resetting a video game and leaving that virtual world in peril. This episode elaborated on Tsukasa's weirdness. It was a little weaker than the first episode though.
Feb 4, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2019
I LOVE THIS SERIES but im having a really hard time staying awake for more than 2 minutes lol

Jun 22, 2020 6:03 PM
Jul 2009
Still not completely sold but much better than episode 1. LOL did they just try to jumpscare us with a plushie?!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
May 12, 2021 4:37 AM
May 2021
This episode was very interesting.... I was kind of irritated that we couldn't hear what the cat was saying when talking to him. Unsure if that's an issue with the English Dub, which is how I'm watching it.... (I know, I know... I'm sinning or whatever lol)

However, this anime does look promising. I have noticed a lot of people have called the main character a little bitch boy, and while I agree, I'm not going to let that stop me from continuing on with the series. Also, the cat is super adorable!
Sep 14, 2022 10:14 AM
Jan 2021
I think it's a product of it's time. slow start but episode 2 things really get going
Mar 10, 2023 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
that emo pig/cow creature at the beginning talking about not wanting to grow up and the town not needing another like him and just floating away into the air made me rolling!

and I also didn’t expect the end to be so intense, especially when the Guardian showed up and started attacking Mimiru!

More topics from this board

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 18 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 29, 2008

22 by Lil-Bird »»
Mar 14, 9:46 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 10 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 25, 2009

14 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 5 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

26 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » .hack//SIGN Episode 4 Discussion

CyanideKoolaid - Jan 23, 2009

38 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 25, 2023 6:34 AM

» [Deleted]

JustOscar - Jun 30, 2023

2 by Karinara »»
Jul 12, 2023 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.