Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 8, 2014 7:22 PM
Sep 2014
awesome arc.. way better than the Index Sister's Arc.

Too bad Misaka can't own up to her own feelings... like what 10032 said LOL
Jan 5, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
''Hope you're ready for this, 'strongest'. You're gonna get a good taste of my 'weakest'.''
Gosh, stop that already, Touma. You're gonna make Misaka panty wet.

Touma breaking Accelerator finger was awesome. I both cringed and giggled like a little girl. I'm such an idiot.

Now, Misaka as finally reached the tsundere mode with Touma. Sadly, Touma is as dense as your average harem MC, so I expect something to happen with Misaka around the year 2032.

The MISAKA are now free. I almost teared up at that after-credit scene :'|
We all have used a swing like that at some point in our youth. In fact, I was mostly using it like that x)
That sisterly love... I hope there will be a lot more :')
Damn, I'm an emotive man...

Well, now the Sister Arc is over. It was really fun, the action scenes were particuliarly amazing. The magic action scene from Index can't top the science side ones. It have something really thrilling that Index fighting doesn't have.

But I just really have one question left... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO NUNOTABA?!?? D:
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 12, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
Tsundere and Electromaster. Does that make her a thundere?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 21, 2015 8:38 PM

May 2014
Xynical said:
He never got/even noticed the cookies though...

=/ THAT! + We never got to see that face Misaka made at the end, was it extreme giddiness, soft face that one uses to look at the beloved, is it dreamy? NOOOO! SHOW US!!!
5/5 for rewatch LMAO. Loved this so much.
May 18, 2015 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
Good to see Accelerator get his just rewards. Really enjoyed it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 27, 2015 4:55 PM

Jan 2015
Really liked this arc much more in Misaka's POV and now i like biribiri even more ^^
Mar 1, 2016 6:43 AM

Mar 2015
3.2/5

Breaking finger is kinda new to me.
Mar 30, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2015
Such a beautiful arc. A perfect ending too. I can't believe on how cute Touma x Misaka is. Misaka 10032 too.

Especially that part where she wants to give Touma cookies. Hnghh. Tsundere Misaka is best.

Sep 22, 2016 10:44 PM

Aug 2014
Memor said:
I would've been so happy if the season had just ended right there...

Ah well, I shouldn't automatically assume the filler arc is so bad. It's just because I've heard everyone say it's complete trash. Plus the filler arc from S1 was terrible as well. But we'll see.

But on that note... OTP RETURNS ONCE MORE! YES! I love these twoooo. <3

Fucking best arc of anything lol, you win everything. I could just cry right now but I'm not that melodramatic.

∞/10
Even though this arc is a repeat of Index, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were many differences that kept things interesting. Still, it's hard to be excited for the next arc when, arguably, the best one just finished.

This arc was pretty stressful actually haha. I think it'll be good to go back to a more lighthearted tone.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Sep 23, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
Memor said:
This arc actually felt super fresh to me considering just how different it was. It's crazy to think that Misaka was infiltrating all these research facilities and ITEM were getting involved the whole time haha. It's incredible what J.C. can do when they really try. It's just kinda... rare, unfortunately...
I agree, it was a breath of fresh air. I think the reason it feels so much better than usual is because we've technically already seen the Sisters Arc in Index. Sure they put a new spin on it but we still know the main factors and variables. So something new after something old just seems that much better.

Also, can't say I'm familiar with J.C. staffs history. I see a lot of comments, old and new, on these threads praising J.C. but also lamenting it. I wonder why there is such a polarizing response. Are there other series they messed up? Because Toaru seems great so far.

Moon           Lovers
                  

Sep 23, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
@Memor

Simply put, Index had a lot cut out. Entire scenes and characters were removed, but that actually isn't so bad since they covered it up pretty well.
Perhaps if I read the light novels that would have influenced my decision more. In any case, I do agree many things aren't properly explained in Index. One thing in particular that felt like it came out of nowhere was the Imaginary District and Kazakiri.

As for Railgun it's much different and way more obvious. From what I'm hearing from you, you enjoyed every episode of the series, but a large portion of others loathed J.C. for both this season and the first due to the second halves of each, which are anime-original.
Oh trust me, I was rolling my eyes at this arc too. I thought I was watching Gundam at the end there with the mech combination.

Moon           Lovers
                  

Nov 7, 2016 12:30 AM

Jun 2011
What can I say, wow, that was a perfect first half to the episode, just amazing. That ending yoo, the only word that came to my mind was "ship" repeated a thousand times. Well since this is going to be the last canon episode from what I've heard, and the filler is supposedly going to be terrible, might as well leave my opinion on this series here.

The second season was basically about the Sister arc and nothing else, and yes, it's definitely more detailed compared to Index, but that for me was not necessarily a positive. The entire sister arc was heavily dependent on Touma to clean up the mess, and even though it gave Misaka huge character development, she couldn't possibly carry the arc on her own, and her character development doesn't deserve a series for herself based on what's being portrayed. The only episodes that were really, really good are the past 3 episodes, which all had been shown in the original series.

You can tell that the Railgun series was not planned from the beginning and when they made the series, they had to 'retcon' a few things to make it flows more naturally, and even though Uiharu and Saten are part of the main group, their involvement in this arc is minimal at best, and they have no overall impact on this arc, and the author doesn't dare to include them in the arc, afraid that things may become more messy and incoherent. I definitely prefer Index way more because it is the original series and the events weren't forced to go one way like Railgun does in order to fit with the original timeline.

This episode is best to show why Accelerator and Touma are such good characters, that character exposition/development/whatever you wanna call it for Accelerator was great in the brief flashback that was shown, and Touma is befitting of being the protagonist of the Index series, dude's badass!

The soundtrack have been fantastic throughout the arc, nothing to complain there. Voice acting however, could really use some improvement. High note, low note, go soft or go hard, little things like these could really bring the best out of the feels, and frankly none of those have clicked for me in this series. The only character that was voiced perfectly was Accelerator, when he goes hard on someone, his voice gives me legit chills, unlike Misaka, she left me feeling meh.

Welp, time to brace myself for the remaining filler episodes, heard they were awful.

P.S. Give us Index 3 please. :c
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 13, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2013
Best arc in the series for me. Railgun really improved the arc for me.

Too bad Touma never got those cookies.
Mar 26, 2017 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
Well that's the end of the sisters arc I love so much.
Just wish I could see Mikoto's face at the very end there LOL.
Aug 3, 2017 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
Sensible to the Sisters arc. It was superb. Enjoyed the most in Toaru franchise.

She didn't give him the cookies AGH.
ALSO I WANT TO SEE THAT FACE! PLZ.
Oct 13, 2017 8:30 AM

Jun 2017
I am usually not very entertained by Touma, but I have to admit I did laugh at his teasing Misaka. I guess half the humor comes from her being a textbook tsundere, heh - and just a cute character. Her reactions always make me smile, because of how easily he gets a rise out of her.

Good stuff. Touma was actually borderline cool in this episode, and the previous. I find that I like him a lot better when I don't have to see him constantly, and he's not being a cheesy goody-two-shoes.
Jan 25, 2018 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
Good that this is finally over as well, hoping for some new content now without Touma.
Feb 8, 2018 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
i like Misaka cones more then Misaka, they are just hilarious lol
Feb 8, 2018 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
Sisters arc was nice, but frankly, it was one of the main culprit for the illusion that Touma was weak.

Honestly, I am surprised that NO one commented on the fact that Touma got shocked to near death by Mikoto, had to run for KMs to get to the battleground, and still have the strength to beat Accel to a pulp.

Maybe it is because they didn't demonstrate his precog well enough? Or is it the fact that Accel bragging made everyone thought he was the stronger one?

I guess there are just some stuff you can't translate into anime form, like the fact that accel's long range AOEs were fricking useless forcing him to resort to CQC, or the fact that accel was a CQC mage in the first place.

Honestly that fight would have ended in under 10 seconds if Touma was in a better form and rested well.

Accel should be thanking Mikoto and Kamachi on nerfing Touma and making sure he brought his brain for this fight, unlike the time with Amata were he stood around like a stump.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 5, 2018 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
Well,Kuroko,that's the face of someone being in love.

Good arc with a sweet conclusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2018 1:39 PM

Sep 2017
Poor Accelerator. They don't show what happened to him this time too.

However I believe that the true hero in this fight was Accelerator. Not only did he allow himself to take the hit from Touma(which he could have easily dodged) for such a great distance on the ground to make it believable that he was beaten, but also he realized in that moment that he was also a puppet. It is possible that he was the one who recommended suspending the experiment, himself citing that it was rigged. That's why they don't show him this episode. Misaka should actually be grateful that Accelerator decided to abandon the project.

Railgun got more cheesy.*sigh*. A lot of things don't make any sense here and Misaka talking to Touma at the hospital was better in Index. They even left out the part here about the research facilities to prolong MISAKA's lifespan.

I won't give this 10/10, but it is quite good, so I will give 9/10. If the next half of the series is as good as this one, I may give this whole series 10/10, otherwise not.
JeremiahOrangeApr 19, 2018 9:19 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 16, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
A sweet ending to a good arc.

Jan 31, 2019 6:12 PM

Dec 2014
Miaska 10032 is best misaka

and what the fuck is Toumas durability

he's been through so much painful shit at this point in the timeline already, he must be losing decades of his life
Feb 14, 2019 5:23 PM

Aug 2017
The entire Sisters arc was better here than in Index. I really like all the characters.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 14, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2014
so like she didn't give touma his well deserved homemade cookies.... so much good that it finally connected to the main series
Jan 6, 2020 2:14 AM

Oct 2019
Touma is really weak compared to Accelerator. Seeing him do damage and knocking Accelerator out really pisses me off. They should have give him a better ability if they wanted him to stand up against Accelerator. Accelarator could have taken a building and drop it on him with ease, he's dead in a second.
Feb 13, 2020 12:50 AM

Feb 2010
OneWayChaos said:
Touma is really weak compared to Accelerator. Seeing him do damage and knocking Accelerator out really pisses me off. They should have give him a better ability if they wanted him to stand up against Accelerator. Accelarator could have taken a building and drop it on him with ease, he's dead in a second.
except accelerator up to this point had never lifted anything at the size of a building before and doing that took a lot of effort and him using the planet rotation that could have ended all life on earth to do.

also dropping a building on touma wouldn't work for accelerator because of
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 29, 2020 6:49 AM

Sep 2018
But what a nice episode! Full of feelings, touching in the dialogues and that for a reason that makes the enemy appear not as such, but as a victim of society and its hypocrisies, although it has its own personal faults, it must be remembered. The narration satisfies everyone's palates, covering various aspects and making it as logical as possible, so that the episode runs as smooth as oil to the end, even if the Misaka cookies could give them to Touma, oh well !
May 18, 2020 12:34 AM
Jul 2019
Thus concludes the Sisters arc. Honestly, the third best arc of the entire series, second is WWIII and the first is of course, Magic God Othinus. I could just stop here if I want to. I can give this a 10, put it in my favorites and pretend that Silent Party didn't exist.

And for those asking about Touma being durable as heck, no, he isn't a "normal high school boy you can find anywhere" like he thinks he is. It's honestly delightful to be so deep in the story and returning to the beginning to see the it in a new light.
Jun 13, 2020 6:05 AM

Aug 2017
I'm satisfied with the conclusion, this belongs to one of my favorite anime arcs. And Misaka, c'mon I know you're a tsundere but at least give him the homemade cookies that you worked so hard for..
Jun 24, 2020 5:41 AM

Aug 2018
Glad that experiments got stopped.. Misakas lives matter.. ;P
Honestly, Misaka giving permission to use her DNA doesn't mean anything.. You think researchers still wouldn't just go against law and use it anyway?.. ;P Come on, they're already breaking plenty of laws with clones experiments, and killing of them.. It's just a silly point.. Misaka has no guilt in this part.. Only maybe in part that she didn't stop it, but there is none in there as well, because she tried all of her time since she learnt about Misakas..
Yeah, don't worry, Misaka.. Your sisters already have plenty of knowledge about world.. And are interesting persons already.. ;P
Though, Misakas imoutos also want to find meaning for their life now.. Well, hopefully they all will find their own things they want to do in their lives..
Well.. To be honest, I never saw that lovers would have some "different" look on their face.. It's just a myth that people look different in love.. Haven't seen anyone who would look different.. In fact, people are quite less expressive than in anime, as well as more easy to just take whatever emotion they want.. It's a myth I don't like too much myself..
And Misaka sister got frog pin~ Sweet end~ ;P
Oct 31, 2020 10:56 AM

Dec 2016
this arc was definitely the best. their fight against Accelerator, those Misaka x Touma scenes... it was beautiful.
Nov 10, 2020 4:31 AM
May 2020
Great conclusion to a long arc. JC Staff did better at animation in this Railgun S than Index I. Wholesome relationship created, and Index finally got a screentime lol. Really great anime.
Jan 15, 2021 2:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Misaka imouto getting the frog pin at the very end there gave me some feels man ngl. It’s gonna be weird watching anything else the world of index/railgun after watching something carrying so much weight. Kind of disliked the first railgun for mostly being goofy shit, but now I’m actually hoping for something more light hearted to finish off railgun S with, kind of need a breather after that arc bro!

Kind of have a lot of questions though: such as are these clones numbering just shy of ten thousand just casually released into the wild and are now free roaming academy city? Will we see them walking around in the index series? And why exactly did our off screen baddies decide to stop the level 6 experiment? I mean yeah I guess a lot went down, but I want to know why exactly they chose to stop. Was it that accelerator was defeated? Maybe they finally saw that the clones had souls? Or maybe they finally saw accelerator as too overpowered already and would be just about impossible to control if he actually did reach level 6. I’m surprised they were able to keep him on some sort of a leash anyhow. Although he was pretty much walking around, along with all the other clones just casually walking around wtf wasn’t it supposed to be a top secret experiment or something??

Anyhow, ignoring all the minute details, this sisters arc sure gives you your money’s worth of expectations after hearing how highly acclaimed it is. This is what the fans are proud of when the present the index universe to newcomers I suppose. Now that the good stuff is over, onto the shit! Fr though, really hoping the rest is not leagues below the sisters arc in story telling quality. I’m going in index one and two with low expectations, even railgun T. Index III however, with THAT score and THOSE reviews, probably won’t even be able to get through it. Hoping to squeeze some enjoyment out of the rest of this universe for myself though; fingers crossed.

Now if you excuse me I’m gonna watch the rest of railgun s and hopefully not be disappointed after watching such a high stakes arc

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 9, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2017
9.2/10 for the Sisters Arc as a whole. That was great and this episode wrapped it up really nicely. Shame that there's 8 more episodes to go with this season and I can't recall anything that happens in them so not too excited for them. Probably will take the rating of the season down by a bit. But still, what a great showing this arc was, especially from an adaptation perspective from JC Staff.
Sep 5, 2021 2:39 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Why not give him the cookies AAAAH. Breaks my heart:S
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 15, 2022 5:30 AM
Oct 2019
Great Ending to Sister Arc... definitely was better than Index Season 1 for sure.

Touma didn't get the cookies, come on Biri-Biri...
Nov 3, 2022 2:00 AM

Dec 2020
I was expecting tie ins that intertwined with index. But they entirely redid the scenes. Along with all the index context, story and background made the arc way way way better. Continuity wise idk why they changed some scenes though.

Great overall though. Hope we see what happens to that student that made the misaka network. Sorta just disappeared lol
Mar 3, 2023 6:04 PM
Aug 2013
a better ending to the arc than Index's version but still overall just okay.
Jun 13, 2023 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
I'm a bit disappointed that Accelerator lost on purpose. At that point, I'm sure he already knew he was no match against Touma in close combat. He could've used his powers to manipulate the objects around him to defeat Touma. It would've made more sense if Misaka somehow managed to critically wound Accelerator while he was busy fighting Touma; then Touma could go for the finishing hit.

I enjoyed the Touma x Mikoto moments as usual, especially when she gets so flustered around him. It's too bad she couldn't give him those handmade cookies in the end.
Jul 16, 2023 3:47 PM

Jan 2021
Mikasa blushing is why I am here. Worth every second.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 29, 2023 5:06 AM

Nov 2023
This is really fun! Accelerator defeated!
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Jul 2021
This arc is one of the best stories involving clones I've seen in any form of media.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.