Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
Well that was creepy, ghosts doing zanbai on the roof.
Sep 7, 2014 3:53 AM

Aug 2013
That was creepy holy crap O___O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 10, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
I just assumed that the other patients were ghosts who were maybe jealous that he was getting to leave, or maybe he was "supposed" to die on the mountain and they were mad somebody saved him. Another atmospheric episode either way!
Nov 3, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
Maybe it has to do with it being a foreign language to me, but I found the idea that reversing "banzai" creates something ominous like that to be rather laughable.
Jan 8, 2015 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
Probably not wise of me to watch this at 2am.
on my way to steal yo girl
Mar 31, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
I suppose Kanbai has the opposite effect of Bankai?
Jun 23, 2015 3:03 PM
Mar 2015
HybridMBL said:
The cheap picture book style animation actually adds to the atmosphere. This episode was really unsettling

Yeah, it's unsettling in a way.
Nov 3, 2015 1:12 PM

Sep 2013
Mmm I think those guys were ghost of the guys that died in the mountains :(
Poor taxi driver got caught up in it :'(
Jan 29, 2016 4:13 AM

Apr 2014
Personally, I prefer the first episode to this. They both left you with the feeling you only had half of the pieces for the puzzle but it worked better than in this one.

You knew something was up with those men

And so, something happened.

The first one had a bit of a bait and switch

Still loved it.
Feb 14, 2016 4:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wasn't creepy, however that accident was unexpected.

2/5
Mar 10, 2016 8:11 PM

Dec 2015
Creepy af :o I loved it
Mar 11, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2016
Them terminal old bags are jealous enough to wish death upon those who got lucky enough ta get out of the hospital. I found the chanting to be creepy. Zanbai zanbai. @_@

I'm starting ta warm up to Miku ED

Jul 11, 2017 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
Creepy. So he stepped into a wrong place (where he fell) so his hospital neighbors didnt want to let him out alive.
Sep 19, 2017 4:55 PM

Dec 2010
Pretty nice. Creepy enough to be interesting.
Dec 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2015
Quite a bone chilling episode and also really what's zanzai, I get banzai though. I guess its one those you will never leave village horror type of setting. Nice.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 3, 2018 6:15 PM

Jan 2018
Zanbai.... Zanbai... Zanbai...

Damn, that was creepy as hell.
Dec 7, 2018 9:16 AM

Nov 2009
This is actually creepy, I like it a lot. Usually don't like this type of art style but it works well here.
Sep 12, 2019 5:14 PM
Sep 2019
Being a zanbai expert, i wanna chime in to discuss the truth about zanbai. Some time in the 1300s, there was a little girl whose mom was very ill, she'd be in pain most days and couldn't get out of bed. None of the doctors at the time knew what was wrong with her and could do very little to help her heal. The little girl hated to see her mom in that state and wish she could just take the pain away from her so she can enjoy some time of peace.

One day the little girl went to a festival and towards the end of the festival as they were setting of the fireworks, many people around her started waving up and down. They all looked happy and cheerful as they waved their arms slowly up and down.

The little girl grabbed the old lady in front of her and asked why everyone looked happy and waving. The old lady gladly explained to her the tradition behind the arm wave. Once the little girl heard this, she frowned at the old lady and said she'd didn't to participate.

The old lady had explained to the little girl that when the fireworks start going off, all the people will wave up and down saying banzai to wish their loved ones more years to live. The little girl thought about her mom and didn't want to wish more years of pain on her.

After a little while, the little girl started to do the banzai, but she changed up the motion and started waving downwards instead. Instead of saying banzai, she decided to switch up the words to say zanbai to indicate the opposite of a long live so her mother wouldn't have to suffer longer.

The old lady saw this and looked in shock. She approached the little girl and asked her what she was doing. The girl explained and she old lady felt sad and sympathized with the little girl, so much that she joined her in the zanbai wave. More people saw this and decided to join the girl to zanbai the fucks out of her mon so that bitch doesn't live anymore. Cause fuck the this little girl wishing her mom would die, i mean did she even ask her mom if she wanted to die? But that's not the point, the point is you've made it this far and first of all congratz, your curiosity has brought you to a turning point in your life. Right here and right now you must decide for yourself what's more important, the life you're living right now, or the life you could live if you were to just take some time to think about investing in a time share. For as little as $10000, you could be a co owner of a new time share in clearwater, florida, where the sun is as warm as a babies smooth butt. This about it before it's too late. Real estate is the future and the now. Don't miss out on an absolute awesome opportunity to not only grow your financial career, but to set yourself up for a long and prosperous future!!
Dec 25, 2019 7:37 PM
Jun 2017
Yo this shit legit gives me the shivers, how can this be so creepy (╯°□°)╯
Dec 25, 2019 7:40 PM
Jun 2017
zanbaiexpert said:
Being a zanbai expert, i wanna chime in to discuss the truth about zanbai. Some time in the 1300s, there was a little girl whose mom was very ill, she'd be in pain most days and couldn't get out of bed. None of the doctors at the time knew what was wrong with her and could do very little to help her heal. The little girl hated to see her mom in that state and wish she could just take the pain away from her so she can enjoy some time of peace.

One day the little girl went to a festival and towards the end of the festival as they were setting of the fireworks, many people around her started waving up and down. They all looked happy and cheerful as they waved their arms slowly up and down.

The little girl grabbed the old lady in front of her and asked why everyone looked happy and waving. The old lady gladly explained to her the tradition behind the arm wave. Once the little girl heard this, she frowned at the old lady and said she'd didn't to participate.

The old lady had explained to the little girl that when the fireworks start going off, all the people will wave up and down saying banzai to wish their loved ones more years to live. The little girl thought about her mom and didn't want to wish more years of pain on her.

After a little while, the little girl started to do the banzai, but she changed up the motion and started waving downwards instead. Instead of saying banzai, she decided to switch up the words to say zanbai to indicate the opposite of a long live so her mother wouldn't have to suffer longer.

The old lady saw this and looked in shock. She approached the little girl and asked her what she was doing. The girl explained and she old lady felt sad and sympathized with the little girl, so much that she joined her in the zanbai wave. More people saw this and decided to join the girl to zanbai the fucks out of her mon so that bitch doesn't live anymore. Cause fuck the this little girl wishing her mom would die, i mean did she even ask her mom if she wanted to die? But that's not the point, the point is you've made it this far and first of all congratz, your curiosity has brought you to a turning point in your life. Right here and right now you must decide for yourself what's more important, the life you're living right now, or the life you could live if you were to just take some time to think about investing in a time share. For as little as $10000, you could be a co owner of a new time share in clearwater, florida, where the sun is as warm as a babies smooth butt. This about it before it's too late. Real estate is the future and the now. Don't miss out on an absolute awesome opportunity to not only grow your financial career, but to set yourself up for a long and prosperous future!!

Did you just created an account to post this comment? Respect.
Dec 28, 2020 6:36 PM

Dec 2020
Really creepy...
Feb 5, 2021 7:44 PM
Jan 2020
So the zanbai is like the opposite of banzai I guess. Okay.
Mar 2, 2021 1:09 PM

Sep 2018
I really don't get why this is so highly-rated compared to its infamous spin-off, Ninja Collection. Sure, Ninja Collection's animation was definitely worse, but is that really enough to justify a difference of over three points? From what I've seen, it's not as if Yami Shibai is any creepier - a bunch of guys shouting 'Zanbai' from the roof is just more funny than anything actually approaching scary.
Apr 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, that episode was amazing. Creeped the hell out of me, Zanbai everyone!
Jun 13, 2021 3:01 AM

Feb 2021
Okay that was legit creepy but what the hell is a 'zanbai'?? And were the 3 patients some weird cult members?

Jun 13, 2021 3:07 AM

Feb 2021
zanbaiexpert said:

Woah thanks for explaining this to us. And was this account created just for posting this comment?? Fr tho? Dayum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jun 13, 2021 3:07 AM

Feb 2021
zanbaiexpert said:

Woah thanks for explaining this to us. And was this account created just for posting this comment?? Fr tho? Dayum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jul 31, 2021 8:38 PM
Mar 2018
In this short a video, there is no extraneous dialogue. The doctor said that it was lucky that he was found after the fall. That implies that there were others who fell and were NOT saved. I.E. the other "patients" were the spirits who died falling off the mountain. And they are NOT happy that this new guy has escaped their fate.
Oct 21, 2021 2:48 PM
Oct 2021
OverkilledRed said:
AiCon said:
Can someone explain to me why they cursed him in the first place? I don't get it.

Well, it doesn't have much room to explanations, but maybe the path where he fell was somehow forbidden to go and he was cursed for such. Or the whole village was cursed and don't let travelers go away.

My theory is that something else happened to the man before he went to the hospital and either the person who found him was lying about what happened or the doctor was lying about what happened and is covering something up and whoever else was involved got the Zambia curse. The way the doctor talked to him always sent chills through me every time I've binged Yamishibai 😂 Thoughts?
Dec 26, 2021 5:57 AM

Feb 2020
Another creepy episode. RIP that random dude.
May 8, 2022 10:01 AM

Dec 2020
DeonX said:
Okay that was legit creepy but what the hell is a 'zanbai'?? And were the 3 patients some weird cult members?

The title is a wordplay on "banzai" (万歳, may you enjoy a long life); "zanbai" ( 惨拝) translates to "misery".
May 8, 2022 10:02 AM

Dec 2020
Oh that was creepy. Though not as much as the first one. I dig this.

The title is a wordplay on "banzai" (万歳, may you enjoy a long life); "zanbai" ( 惨拝) translates to "misery".
May 8, 2022 7:24 PM

Feb 2021
troilus_05s said:
DeonX said:

Oh thanks I pretty much forgot about it lol

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami Shibai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Aug 18, 2013

66 by Chadpazzo »»
Jan 24, 1:12 PM

» Fanservice/sexual content found in Yami Shibai (all existing episodes to date) (copied and pasted message template)

captaindirt1999 - Mar 19, 2017

6 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yami Shibai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

melina_putri - Aug 25, 2013

73 by LittleQt »»
Sep 24, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Danyn - Jul 14, 2013

105 by Killbat6661 »»
Jul 18, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

57 by pipegf98 »»
Feb 7, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.