Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2013 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
CLZ said:
Damn he was supposed to be immortal... why did he die :( ~

poor ai ...

I think it had to do with his happiness. Like his immortality was tied to his desire to die a happy man, and once he realized Ai was his daughter and that she'd grieve him when he was gone, his life ran out... Something like that, anyway.
Jul 21, 2013 7:13 AM

Jun 2013
So much for the immortality he had...he was shot, tortured, he blew himself up but he died because the "wish" he wanted came true? I would prefer if he stayed alive and immortal.

Anyway he was the reason why i decided to continue watching this instead of dropping it not so sure now. He's too cool i wish he was the main instead of the loli girl.
WolfyRaidenJul 21, 2013 7:18 AM
Jul 21, 2013 8:24 AM
Mar 2010
Wait. WAIT A SECOND! He's really dead? Seriously? I was watching this show just for him! LN readers, does he come back? Like, come back to life?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 21, 2013 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
Them feels.. he was my favourite character of the serires, why did he have to go and die :|

I'm curious to see what will happen in the later episodes.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 21, 2013 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
nyansensei said:
first of all, WTF (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
I read most of the manga that was updated so I didn't know THAT HE WOULD EVENTUALLY DIE. LIKE IN THE THIRD EPISODE IN.

no but ssrsly, I was thinking he'd be a character that would stick around until the end of the series protecting Ai and doing cute daddy shit BUT ISN'T IT A BIT TOO SOON TO KILL OFF THIS PRECIOUS BBY ( TДT)

this episode was sad and unexpected, it from 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww' and 'yesssssssssssss' to really quickly 'WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

Forgive me for whining and being a bit dumb, but I still don't understand how he died though. Isn't he Humphnie Humbert the mechanical toy that NEVER DIED. Why didn't he bounce back to life like he usually did after he closed his eyes? (excluding the fact he did kinda did come back to life as a zambie[actually, how could they even tell?]) But WHY though? Was it because in some sort of happy sappy twist of fate God heard his wish and granted it for the hell of it? Or was it because Ai's appearance and information finally made him happy enough to fulfill his life?
this is everything i wanted to say. i was so sure he would stay until the end or at least i didn't expect him to die in the fucking third episode. fuuuu.
i also think he died because his wish came true. he wanted to die happily, and finding his daughter and finally figuring out what happened to his hana made him happy. which is fucking cruel, actually.
Jul 21, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2009
I feel like I'm watching the ending of Angel Beats :'(
This episode.. this was very unexpected. He died?
Gaaaa... I'm totally depressed now. :((((((
@_@

in the middle of the episode, I feel like this is already the ending.
and i was right.. this is the ending for Hambert..

Gaaa... I didn't expected this.. Now, I'm so depressed..
Jul 21, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2010
Dafuq man, I did not expect that to happen, I was like, how could you kill off a main character in the middle of the anime?

I was starting to like him too.

Hate it when you're starting to like the character and he suddenly goes Bye bye
Suzune-chanJul 22, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 21, 2013 9:26 AM

May 2011
^Thanks for spoiling that. I was just about to get to that arc too. =/
Jul 21, 2013 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
Dem feels. T_T

How dare he kick a loli off a bridge, be a dad for her and then die.
Jul 21, 2013 9:31 AM

Oct 2011
well.. fk... i don't think i can sleep well tonight. too depressing ;w;

RIP Kizuna

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Jul 21, 2013 9:32 AM

Jul 2012
That's rough, having to bury both your parents and your whole village.
Jul 21, 2013 9:33 AM

May 2013
What just happened? I thought he was immortal. Damn this was a good episode.
Jul 21, 2013 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
I hope the show will remain interesting without the father.
Jul 21, 2013 9:37 AM
Dec 2010
How the fuck do they tell if he came back to life via his ability to be immortal or as a zombie? I mean, everyone is a zombie if they die and aren't buried by gravekeepers so I guess it would be a really common occurrence. How could they tell that Astin isn't revived via his own immortality?

Also, why did he absolutely HAVE to rid Ai's village of the undead? I mean, they are acting perfectly normal and aren't hurting anyone at all. In fact, they were just trying to preserve their way of life and protect Ai from the horrible truth. It can't be that harmful to do that can it? It's not like they're all mindless zombies. They might be reanimated corpses but they are living a proper peaceful life, so to speak. Same goes for Ai burying Astin. I don't see a REASON to bury Astin at all, he didn't lose his mind and turn into a crazy zombie after his revival. Only because Astin hates the dead and thus hates being a zombie so he's A-OK with truly dying? Even after he's found his own daughter after so many years???
Jul 21, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, this episode was really... special?
I really didn't expect that something like this will happen so early. Well, let's see what will happen in the next episodes without him. I thought that he'll stay at least a little bit longer.

Good episode. I hope for more good episodes like this!
Jul 21, 2013 9:40 AM

May 2011
Kami_no_Kage said:
Dem feels. T_T

How dare he kick a loli off a bridge, be a dad for her and then die.

He did it to save her life (she would have been in great danger otherwise). Hampnie had every good reason to die. I thought those father-daughter moments were really touching (the following burial was much more touching as a result of that as well).
Jul 21, 2013 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
Man so close to a manly tear being shed at the end of this one.

Episode has been far better than the first two. Here's hoping it continues.
Jul 21, 2013 9:49 AM

Aug 2011
Nope. Nope. NOOOPE.

I cried. Pretty damn hard. I don't even know why I had all these feelings and he'd just accepted her as his daughter and almost gotten over Hana and they were doing daddy-daughter things and being happy and stuff and then she had to bury him by her own hands and adklfjalsdf q23oirflkddaslkdf.

Ughhhh nooo I cannn't. I love this anime way too much. Kizuna is a great daddy. He hated the dead but he stayed for one day just to make memories with Ai. I can't even. Someone help.
Jul 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
I thought he's immortal?
How can he be dead?
Jul 21, 2013 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
If the "next episode"-preview hadnt been there i nearly would have thoght that the anime is over.
wow that Hampnie Hambart guy is stupid.. needs 3 epsodes to find out that Ai looks EXACTLY like his lover.. just wow
and then the loli pwns like shit.. this anime becomes more and more generic..
end of episode was way to overdramatic.. as if i would care about these characters until that point ( well Hampnie was cool and likeable in the first 2 episodes but they kinda destroyed him in the third one)
Jul 21, 2013 9:54 AM

May 2011
newnar said:
How the fuck do they tell if he came back to life via his ability to be immortal or as a zombie? I mean, everyone is a zombie if they die and aren't buried by gravekeepers so I guess it would be a really common occurrence. How could they tell that Astin isn't revived via his own immortality?

I'm not sure I'm reading your question right, but I'll try to answer. If everyone else suffers a fatal attack, they stop moving; if they're buried, they die. When Hampnie suffers a fatal wound, he recovers from it. There hasn't been anything to imply an exemption of him dying if he is buried by a grave keeper.

newnar said:
Also, why did he absolutely HAVE to rid Ai's village of the undead? I mean, they are acting perfectly normal and aren't hurting anyone at all. In fact, they were just trying to preserve their way of life and protect Ai from the horrible truth. It can't be that harmful to do that can it? It's not like they're all mindless zombies. They might be reanimated corpses but they are living a proper peaceful life, so to speak. Same goes for Ai burying Astin. I don't see a REASON to bury Astin at all, he didn't lose his mind and turn into a crazy zombie after his revival. Only because Astin hates the dead and thus hates being a zombie so he's A-OK with truly dying? Even after he's found his own daughter after so many years???

Pay better attention to what he says. He killed them out of spite for how God handled the world. Why wouldn't she bury him? It'd be a great act of kindness to fulfill a man's dying wish (especially if it's your father). And Hampnie wanted to die in a way that people would mourn for him, and that moment was the most ideal time for it to happen.
Jul 21, 2013 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
We need that cry a lot meme right about now.Someone make a pic T.T
Jul 21, 2013 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
I don't really know what this anime is about...

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jul 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Easily saddest moment of this season if not of the whole year so far.
Jul 21, 2013 10:04 AM

May 2011
Lockensocke said:
wow that Hampnie Hambart guy is stupid.. needs 3 epsodes to find out that Ai looks EXACTLY like his lover.. just wow

Invalid. Anyone can look like other people without being related. Do you get out much?

Lockensocke said:
and then the loli pwns like shit.. this anime becomes more and more generic..

To be honest, she really hadn't done that well combat-wise. If she didn't have the others helping her, I doubt she would've been very successful. And considering her drvie to save her father, one could say it was a realistic outcome to do as well as she had done.

Lockensocke said:
end of episode was way to overdramatic.. as if i would care about these characters until that point ( well Hampnie was cool and likeable in the first 2 episodes but they kinda destroyed him in the third one)

I cared about the characters. Not sure how Hampnie's character was destroyed, I personally have a better opinion of him after this episode. And so what if it was overly dramatic? Some people like tearjerkers.

Shame this wasn't your kind of anime. Better luck next time I suppose.
Jul 21, 2013 10:15 AM
Jan 2013
@Everyone wondering why he died despite being immortal

I get that this can be confusing.
Out of this context I would also find it weird for him to die just like that cause his wish was granted.

But in this context, everything makes sense. First of all, how did he become immortal? Its not something that happened out of nowhere. He wished for it at the time God abandoned the world.

At that time he was weak and could die easily if exposed to the sun for too long. So he wished for a body that wouldn't die. With this in mind, its not surprising for his wish to die happy, leaving his family and friends with regrets, to come true.
Jul 21, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2013
Wow that was very sad
Now with the third episode being this good, I hope the rest will be good too or even better.
Jul 21, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
Show of the season already.
Jul 21, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
dat feels ;__;
Jul 21, 2013 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
goddammit, first 10 minutes and i was like... okay..., he kick a little girl to fall on a river from a bridge.. and then it continued until like last 5 minutes and i was like what the hell man, at least put up some more things before u died... so much of a waste character just for 3 episode...

really, poor little girl, 2 episode not knowing his own father and then for about 2 minutes having fun and burying him...

need fix here, really wanted two of them to be together again...
Jul 21, 2013 11:17 AM

Jul 2011
Yeah okay... Just ruin the only reason I'm watching this series then kill him off as a happy daddy to the moe girl despite his immortality. I'm completely fine with that. =___=

Though I liked his little speech about dying happy. The villain here was really damn random though.
Jul 21, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
Not sure if I should continue watching this after my favorite character died. Ai is not that really interested to me. I will see one more episode to see how it goes , but I think I will drop this anime.
-khriz-Jul 21, 2013 11:47 AM
Jul 21, 2013 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
Wow felt more like a ending ep than just a arc ending.
Jul 21, 2013 11:55 AM
Oct 2010
So he died cause he found happiness?

I guess god is still there, and he has a trollish sense of humor. Well, Hambart did get what he wished for, even if the "live happily" part was really a fleeting moment.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if it ended there, as a short but intense story. I would give it a 10 if it wasn't for the seriously lame villains... so maybe a 9?

But it does continue, I wonder if it can prevent itself from going downhill after such an emotional start.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 21, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2009
This was unexpected O_O
Jul 21, 2013 12:01 PM

Jul 2008
leeo268 said:
5/5....

Wow, he is more than half of the reason I am watching this anime.
I was seriously expecting them journeying for the whole season and meeting all those characters in the OP.

Why did that god take away Humbart's immortality right when he discovered his daughter? Abandon the world my ass. That god is a major troll.
-Oh you want immortality? Here, and I am also leaving the world and 'no one will be born'.
-Aw, you realize that you will be all alone eventually? Don't want immortality no more? Nop, no take back.
-Want happy family? Nop! your wife left you.
-So, you fallen into despair and no hope of every dying happily? I am getting bored.
-Here, you discovered you long lost daughter, who I gave special exception be born! I planned this hope for you 13 years ago. :)
-NOP! I taking back the immortality! You Died :D
-Get buried by your own daughter!! :D "MonoKuma laugh"

No, God gives human what they want. Nothing more but nothing less.

That's why he first gave people immortality and then created the grave-keepers to grant them a way to die.
In a world where children couldn't be born, he gave a child to someone that dearly desired it and he granted Humbart's wish not to die before he found his love.
The thing is that wish god granted him and which was the result of his immortality was fulfilled. He found out about the death of his loved one and had no reason to pursue that goal anymore.

Humbart accepted his death. That is because if his immortality continued, he would eventually see his own daughter die and would be alone forever. That is the same reason that made Ai not able to says those words. She knew that if Humbart would stay with her, it would eventually lead him towards 'hell' so she accepted him departing while he was happy, just like he wanted.

I am enjoying that series much more than I first thought I would.
Jul 21, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Kinda rushed and many things were too sketchy.

Please don't do this to me Kamisama Nichiyoubi... I want you to be a good show.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 21, 2013 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
it was good.

but, guys, he is immoral, so why he died?? i don't understand
Jul 21, 2013 12:28 PM
Feb 2013
How you people can rate this drivel highly is incomprehensible to me. The pacing in this series is garbage and the handling of the characters pathetic. The death scene was asinine, illogical and completely devoid of impact. This was a 0/5 easily.
Jul 21, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
marian11 said:
We need that cry a lot meme right about now.Someone make a pic T.T
here ya go

but yes... wow! oh the feels that i am feelin'! to kill off my fav character in this show like that... its like im watching the end of Angel Beats all over again!
Jul 21, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
Kurokolist said:
How you people can rate this drivel highly is incomprehensible to me. The pacing in this series is garbage and the handling of the characters pathetic. The death scene was asinine, illogical and completely devoid of impact. This was a 0/5 easily.

It's because some people don't have shit taste. Not your case, though.
Jul 21, 2013 12:42 PM

Feb 2012
okay ... what? I really can't imagine what else can happen in this show now .... Hambert shouldn't be listed as a main character . It's misleading. A lot of people were expecting more action with this bad ass Dante-like guy. This episode would be awesome if it wasn't just the third episode.

BUT ... I love Ai . She inherited the badassness from her father xD I thought she would be the same classic annoying-moe-lolita who always needs protection from the male lead. I'm so glad that she is a strong-willed bad ass little brat :D

So about the village .. it was as I said, they were already dead. I think I'm starting to understand this story's logic .... let's see what happens next as I'm somehow dumbfounded by this ep ....
SakonkeKojiJul 21, 2013 1:09 PM
Jul 21, 2013 12:43 PM

Mar 2010
OMG. Why did he let himself buried? Even though he met his daughter.. so sad.
Jul 21, 2013 12:45 PM
Feb 2013
Litrydow said:
Kurokolist said:

You should probably take a break from the anime scene and educate yourself a little bit if you think this was passable. Some other media with more literary value might do you some good. I understand though, Japanimation can have adverse affects on the impressionable.
Jul 21, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Kurokolist said:
Litrydow said:
Kurokolist said:

You should probably take a break from the anime scene and educate yourself a little bit if you think this was passable. Some other media with more literary value might do you some good. I understand though, Japanimation can have adverse affects on the impressionable.

You're hilarious.
Jul 21, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
Wasn't expecting him to pass away this soon but damn
RIP Kizuna Astin

Ah so that's why the villagers did what they did
Jul 21, 2013 1:00 PM
Oct 2012
Lovely episode, both answered all the lingering questions from the previous 2 questions and then opened up tons of new ones for the next episode.

I think Shangetsu on Page 6 has the best explanation for why he could die. It makes good sense in that God did create the Gravediggers after he supposedly "left" the world. This shows that "he" is still around out there paying attention will be interesting to see where he shows up again.

For those who are complaining about Humbert being killed, in retrospect, he had to die there. With the discovery that Ai is his daughter, he could no longer be the anti-hero that we had been enjoying. He would have turned into a "father", and this show would have become something far different from what it appears to want to be. I said in the first episode that this writer doesn't seem to be frighten of "big ideas", nice to see that this still seems to be true. Can't wait for next week.
Jul 21, 2013 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
shit! I'm crying in this episode... :'((((
so its true if hambart is ai's father.. and he really want to "go"
hambart why??? why you make ai crying? at last she has found her father and you have gone :( poor ai :/
wonder how next episode will be..

btw, hambart giving ai new name :3 Ai Astin.. what a great name.. :)
Jul 21, 2013 1:15 PM
Mar 2011
that Scar chic is strong. are all gravekeepers that strong? would that mean Ai will become that strong when she grows up? or not because shes half-human?

love the unexpected death. hopefully he stays dead. if theyre bringing him back, it better be some epic story
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 21, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
The anime is now ahead of the manga, and since I can't get my hands on the novel I totally had not been expecting Scar to bust in like that. Props to Ai! She is a spectacular heroine that must be acknowledged. For those complaining about pacing, the manga was pretty much this way too. That just means we have a lot more exciting things to look forward to. Yay!!

On a less serious and more fangirlish note, Ai's mother was very beautiful. Hampnie you naughty boy. ;)
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.