Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2013 2:03 PM
Dec 2010
I really want to start reading this manga again, but it seems that nobody has complete translated every chapter into English.
Most scanlation groups that I come across will translate a few of the chapters at the beginning, but won't do any of the chapters nearer to the end that actually need translating, and it's really irritating.
So far, I've not had any luck finding the complete set. I live in the United Kingdom, and am unable to buy them over here as no Publisher seems to be interested in the series. However, you CAN get them in German and French, but I can't speak either of those languages, so everything has to be in English.

I would assume that the fact that nobody has translated this series is because it's not very good/unpopular in comparison to the author's other work such as 'Fruits Basket', but the fact that I can't read the series, means I want to read it even more.
I hope someone can point me in the right direction, it would be so much simpler if I was fluent in Japanese and could actually read the raw scans ^^;
Oct 3, 2013 10:42 PM

Sep 2012
I wish they had the English translation! I assume the it's not popular because Hoshi is practically a cheaper version of FB. What I mean by that is, take out the fantasy element of Fb, add bad parenting and abrupt romance to get Hoshi!
From the very beginning the romance is done so badly that it doesn't feel real. Then, you have the samething FB characters went through: parents being really mean. Also, you have the two close guy friends and one protective best friend (a mixture of hana and Uo. Oh! It takes a very long time to see the characters as individuals. You keep comparing them to the author's old work.

Nonetheless, it was sad and I still enjoyed it :D. (mainly because) Now I want to star gaze so badly :D.

I just checked. 60 chapters have been scanlated. Just read it. 5 more chapters to go if you actually are planning to read from the scanlation.
DigestingAnimeOct 3, 2013 10:49 PM
Dec 14, 2013 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
@DigestingAnime I don't agree with you, I think that Hoshi wa Utau is quite different from Furuba in many ways. They have a completely different atmosphere, both great in it's own ways.

I've read the 60 chapters that are able on the internet, is there really no way to read the last five chapters in english?
"I want to protect that smile"
Dec 14, 2013 9:16 PM

Sep 2012
Hanasanaide said:
@DigestingAnime I don't agree with you, I think that Hoshi wa Utau is quite different from Furuba in many ways. They have a completely different atmosphere, both great in it's own ways.

I've read the 60 chapters that are able on the internet, is there really no way to read the last five chapters in english?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED it (one of my fav), but i still believe it has a similar atmosphere. Except FB started off happy, and then slowly went to the dark side. This started off sad, and transitioned into a sadder piece. However both have the same thing (abusive parents, suicide, depression, everyones inner battle, friendship, moving-on, etc)

There are some Japanese scanlations, but nothings out in English. I just read the in-depth spoilers.

(oh! just an fyi, Tohru's son makes a small "cameo" in the end ^_^. It just tops the cake. Don't worry, it's not a spoiler because if people didn't mention it, I would have NEVER known it was him; he would have just been a passerby
May 16, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
The entire series is completed now in English. Rejoice! :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi wa Utau Chapter 61 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

1 by bucciest »»
Aug 10, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Hoshi wa Utau Chapter 65 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

7 by Kitty-Kate »»
Jan 24, 2021 4:53 PM

Poll: » Twinkle Stars Chapter 20 Discussion

Faust721 - Jul 30, 2008

4 by Firechick12012 »»
Aug 31, 2018 1:39 PM

Poll: » Twinkle Stars Chapter 16 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 10, 2008

6 by Firechick12012 »»
Aug 31, 2018 1:31 PM

Poll: » Twinkle Stars Chapter 19 Discussion

XD3r3K-chanX1996 - Jul 5, 2008

5 by Ishiryoku »»
Aug 9, 2017 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.