Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2007 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woot best ep sofar. Moonmen discovering Earth what a fairy tale XD
And the suit were so hilarious ^^
Jan 31, 2008 12:36 AM
Nov 2007
You mean those alien suits? It was a bit wrong tho, maybe less so from a girls perspective...
Feb 29, 2008 10:00 AM
Dec 2007
I LOVE Freedom, Otomo is such a genius ! I believe it's the best thing he has done besides Akira, and I consider it being even better than Steamboy.
JacutMar 18, 2008 3:35 AM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 31, 2008 9:08 AM

Jan 2008
GREAT episode! The Planet of the Apes reference was hilarious, haha. Cant believe they turned the show into a road trip across America, just genius. And those alien suits, haha.

Great ep, made me raise its score.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 23, 2008 10:54 AM
Apr 2008
Lol impact suits :O

The road trip thing is funny and I did enjoy the weird people they meet... The next 3 should be interesting...

May 3, 2010 10:27 PM

Mar 2007
OMFG they landed in LAS effing VEGAS (i live there) HAHA
The whole thing reminds me of the end of Planet of the Apes (lots of 'of's)
Well this anime is definintely getting good quick.

Funny place to land from space, but im still kerfuffled about how that landing didn't blow them to bits. Its obvious Kazama's calculations were off. So they should've disintegrated to tiny bits based on how hard they landed and how deep of a crater they made. Why is there a giant freighter ship in the Mississippi River? looks way too big to be sitting in St.Louis.

We could only hope life after civilization would be as peaceful as they portrayed it. Did anyone catch the poster of hard gay in the van?? HAHA. Wierd how they were going up towards DC when that is completely the opposite direction of where they're going. But St. Louis is a good departure point i guess. Halfway through the episode it definitely started to turn into a typical anime. I was hoping it would actually get a little more serious but its obvious that isn't going to happen :(

The cityscapes are just amazing to look at. I still cant believe that most of that stuff is hand drawn.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 5, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
That was pretty sweet, watching them take off and land back on Earth, to find it in ruins but more than inhabitable again after the Apocalypse wore off. Dr Zeus made me LOL, even tho the 'impact suits' were disturbing ;p

One thing that bothered me is the fact that these kids should have, at the very least, been laboring heavily just to move their bodies when they first landed. They're going from an environment with very little gravity (the moon) to one with 'normal' gravity (Earth), yet it doesn't seem to bother them at all. Maybe Eden has an artificial gravity generator to prevent degeneration ... or maybe it's just a show and I should really just relax :P
Sep 19, 2011 3:13 PM

Aug 2010
Could have do without the alien suits...
Jan 12, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode! Funny as hell and those suits xD Dat ending was just brilliant!!! Dare? xD Fantastic episode! He finally found her lets see what happens next!
Jan 15, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2008
Just a little off course, but they actually made it.
Oct 4, 2013 2:15 AM

Apr 2009
Wow they made it across the US with that bike...umm lunar tricycle and then traveled for a while with a bunch of hippies! Impact suits FTW! LOL
Blind_Guardian said:

One thing that bothered me is the fact that these kids should have, at the very least, been laboring heavily just to move their bodies when they first landed. They're going from an environment with very little gravity (the moon) to one with 'normal' gravity (Earth), yet it doesn't seem to bother them at all. Maybe Eden has an artificial gravity generator to prevent degeneration ... or maybe it's just a show and I should really just relax :P
Yeah I had bunch of technical questions last time but I've decided to just stay on the fourth wall where I belong. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 5, 2014 6:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Didn't like the whole thing with the suits and road trip to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 17, 2015 10:52 PM

Sep 2014
Those alien suits were not attractive at all.
Sep 12, 2015 3:56 AM
Jul 2014
OMG, I'm soooo thrilled I came across this Anime!!! Progressively it's becoming one of my favorite ever!! I can't stop watching it, I watched first episode when I woke up in the morning, drinking my coffee along watching, now It's just past 12 o'clock and I'm eating my lunch in front of my computer (which I never do) as I can't get enough of it as characters (main protagonist) have grown to my heart in the past few hours!
This Anime is getting better and better! In episode 4 it genre became road movie with plenty of humor and interesting characters.
I LOVE IT!!!! 10/10!!!
Sep 12, 2015 4:32 AM
Jul 2014
:P[/quote]
Blind_Guardian said:

I can't believe you guys?!? Didn't anyone notice that what you're watching is actually DRAWN, it's fiction, it's not real!!! Looking for mistakes such as what's real and what isn't?!? How can you watch any movie f.i., guessing if the story could happen in the real life or not?!? That's plain stupid! There's thousands of facts that doesn't hold water in any Anime, yet alone in sci-fi one...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freedom Episode 6 Discussion

Jacut - May 28, 2008

12 by RubanS »»
May 4, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Freedom Episode 1 Discussion

ryukyu808 - Oct 7, 2007

14 by InfinityDude88 »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:38 PM

Poll: » Freedom Episode 7 Discussion

Jacut - Jul 11, 2008

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Freedom Episode 5 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Mar 19, 2008

10 by jakov »»
Sep 12, 2015 5:24 AM

Poll: » Freedom Episode 3 Discussion

Harout - Dec 6, 2008

10 by jakov »»
Sep 12, 2015 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.