Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 2, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2013
that kuruko and biribiri convo is soo heartbreaking T_________T
Nov 4, 2013 1:55 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't expect a remake of this TMNI episode, this is actually great, and it means that this season overlaps TMNI so we won't get a bad ending.

The part about Accelerator's past was so good, I couldn't get enough of it. Same goes for the theme :0
Nov 6, 2013 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

TAMnI and Railgun series , are essential for me , are the nemesis and antithesis . If only TAMnI had been carried out graphically and technically better, JC Staff would earn money hand over fist . ^ ^ "
Episode fabulous, engages in a wonderful way on to TAMnI and leads us to a lot of background knowledge and different perspectives that leave me super happy ! * _ *
Any doubt on the arc of the sisters makes sense! Space ! * _ *
Narrative that seems like a rewind of past situations , but the many different elements make it interesting . It starts with the different background hidden so far ending with the prospects of characters that at first is not TAMnI interaggivano with the narration ! Fabulous ! * _ *
Ah ! Some avran definitely noticed the difference that there has been in the business of cans ...! ASD
Very beautiful designs and animations good , pity that the Sisters now have a different design of the eyes , I preferred the old one, the difference now is for true connoisseurs ! LOL
So much beauty deserves full marks ! : D

If all the stories of TAMnI were faced with a spin -off would be a colossal work ! Hooray !
Jan 7, 2014 12:13 AM

Nov 2012
oh shit it is imagine braker and accelerator XD damn miss this guys.. XD
they have a nice art .. it became more better now XD really really love it..
XD grr.. really want to see when touma want to stop misaka and when he fighting accelerator.. YEAH!!! its gonna be GREAT!!! XD <333333333
Apr 12, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
Hmmm.. so they decided to change all the clone's eyes like that after all. I guess you can still tell which are clones with that orangle blob in the bottom left corner of their eyes, but I like the old ones better.

Other than that I loving them showing the same Index scenes with little alterations of different POV's. Especially Kuroko's commentary.
May 16, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2012
Oh wow the connections this episode had to the Index series were pretty great.

Majutsu no Index I spoilers:
ThreePercentMay 16, 2014 8:24 PM
May 18, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
So Touma is back again :D So happy to see that,he is awesome.
And it seems that they are even more friend than ever ^^
Misaka can be so stupid sometimes...why did she said that to her clone.... :/
I knew that i wouldn't finish like that,so they got more labaratories,i doubt she can destroy 188,i mean she can but it will take so much time.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 29, 2014 11:58 AM

May 2014
Touma and Misaka are quite similar. hehe, both lost thousands of yen on that vending machine lol.

Misaka loses her innocence. The revelation that the upper echelons of the city carries out inhumane experiments finally gets to her head. YES! YES! YES! Good episode, hope she ditches part of her altruistic nature, I mean, the world just isn't this nice. Treat others the way you are treated.

I LOVE ACCELERATOR! He hates people who analyze him lol. That's how I would feel in this city. Hopefuly Misaka catches his draft a little bit.

Good episode, she seemed like that Korazu guy in Skilllout. Getting caught by someone who holds dear is fine by him. She's the same with Kuroko. =)
Sep 7, 2014 2:15 PM
Sep 2013
The vending machine brought them together. Lol at kuroko on the Misaka could be with a boy. Heartwarming in the end. Accelerator backstory too.
Jan 5, 2015 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
Chaser! And so continue the poor trials of the vending machine. It was nice to see our dense Touma getting confused by everything around him. The poor lad can't never catch a breath.

And the experiance continue... It even became stronger with even more investors. When science goes too far...
R.I.P #10020. You didn't even appeared on screen :/

Depressed Misaka makes me depressed... But it's time to attack the root of the project I guess. Don't know what it is, but Misaka seem determined to do it, even if it may destroy her own future.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 28, 2016 6:08 PM

Mar 2015
Re-tell with different point of view. It's weird that Misaka Imouto eyes are brown. I really liked the grey one because it feels like robot to me.

From Shirai pov, she thought Misaka have a affair with a guy, haha.

3.5/5
Mar 30, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... I just checked with Index episode 10, while they had the same premise there are somethings that never happened in Index. Such as Misaka playfully pushing Touma out of the way or the way Kuroko holding Touma's hands but not in Index.

Well at least this sets up that this coincides with episode 10 Index I and that Touma have forgotten his memories. But holy shit it really connects with episode 10 and EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE!

Also this is weird to see the sisters' eyes to have the same with Misaka original. Since the Index I and II have green eyes.

Since Accelerator is on 10030th kill, that means next episode we'll see Touma witnessing 10031's death and protect Misaka 10032, the 2nd best girl.

Sep 15, 2016 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
I'm a little bit confused here.
but it all makes sense after I checked again in Toaru Index.
I thought the experiment has been cancelled since Index destroyed the tree diagram. I forgot that it still continue even after the destruction.
AbyhapeSep 15, 2016 1:56 AM
Feb 13, 2017 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked the connections with Index
Mar 25, 2017 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
There's even bits of Accelerator's past.. this is good.
Aug 2, 2017 8:48 AM

Mar 2013
I thought it was her tongue he was chewing lmao
Jan 22, 2018 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
So we already saw parts of this episode in Index season 1 before. So it was not that exciting to see again actually ^^;
Feb 8, 2018 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
when they were talking about Misaka Having BF at the beginning, Kuroko reaction was hilarious lol
Apr 4, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty funny episode again. We saw some stuff already in Index,but I prefer the Railgun version of this arc so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2018 12:17 PM

Sep 2017
The first part of the episode had some sub(ti)tle innuendos I didn't expect.

But the second part. Accelerator looks like he ain't living a good life. Poor guy. Also, he already killed 10 MISAKAs that very same day, if we take it from index. WHOA.

Misaka figured it out. Academy City is behind this. That scene where the satellite moves along the sky was something.

Misaka's frustrations and how MISAKA interprets her previous memories in the network are just well portrayed. Kinda sad that MISAKA didn't live to see the day.

Sometimes I hope Misaka doesn't end up with Touma. But that's just me. Anyway, I am looking forward to Accelerator.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 30, 2019 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
So Accelerator is the strongest in the world? Damn

I would have thought there would be someone out there in the vast world who would be stronger than him. I guess all of the strongest ones just gathered in Academy City
Feb 10, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2017
Recently, I watched the 10th episode of Index and is the same with some minor differences besides the improvement in the animation. They added flashbacks for Accelerator.
NurguburuFeb 10, 2019 2:39 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 13, 2019 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
So happy it is now linked with original series
Sep 2, 2019 11:21 PM

Aug 2011
God I can't believe I managed to make it to episode 11 of this steaming pile of shit. Its been months since I started but I'm finally here.

The Railgun/Index series encapsulate everything that is wrong with the anime medium.
I made it this far because the fanbase continuously claimed that Railgun S was good, now that I've made it this far its clear the fanbase doesn't understand what makes a narrative good. Well also cause my waifu Mikasa and the other girls are pretty darn great but for that I should just stick to other online sources...

After I finish this series in the next 5 months or so I'm done with this terrible mindless franchise. Only finishing it out of duty at this point.
Sep 12, 2019 6:16 AM
Sep 2019
Hi Guys. Just bought Season 2. In which episodes does Kuroko meet Misaka's clones/ her mother?
Jan 3, 2020 2:35 PM

Oct 2019
They showed how Accelerator got involved with the project, that wasn't in Toaru Majutsu no Index.
Feb 23, 2020 12:41 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that is basically transitional, but that at the same time carries on the main plot and in the meantime also gives more details to things that had not been explained so far. Pleasant even if a little gloomy at certain times this episode, it is still interesting to watch. The parts where there is room for reflection by Misaka's character add value to the narrative. Excellent performances by Kuroko and Touma, thanks to the great quality of the drawings.
Jun 12, 2020 12:23 PM

Aug 2017
That vending machine scene was better in Index, but other than I'm amazed how good this is up until now.
Jun 23, 2020 6:15 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, and Misaka asked for a code the other day then.. Why?.. No girls, she's not spending her nights with a boy.. ;P
Eh, Misaka, I'm pretty sure that even without your consent of using your DNA, they would use it anyway.. Your guilt is just not grounded at all in this point.. And I don't really like how author uses it often.. Because it doesn't make any sense, really.. On the other hand, she still can't save them now.. But I wish they'd stop with that agreement point.. It's just dumb..
Well, makes sense that inhuman experiments couldn't be tested in open like that.. Yeah, city's rulers are also behind project..
Is Misaka planning to destroy Dendogramm Tree?.. Or however it's called in English..
Oct 30, 2020 1:50 PM

Dec 2016
yeah, those misaka x touma scenes are the best! soo... is misaka going to try destroying everything?
Nov 9, 2020 8:23 PM
May 2020
Is it just me or MISAKA's eyes isn't black-emptiness like she was in the Index I? MISAKA with brown eyes is cute :3
Jan 14, 2021 3:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Looks like misaka needs to wake the f##k up, she has a city to burn

I really think newcomers to this universe should start with Railgun S rather than the first season. Reason being that the first season gives you the impression that this is all just a happy go lucky world; and while that may be true a lot of the time, this sisters arc is proving that it’s not all sunshine and rainbows, especially for our girl misaka. This whole situation is quite mentally devastating for her when you think about it. First of all she realizes that the government or whatever has been cloning her without her consent, and not for some righteous motive but rather just to make an already overpowered dude even more overpowered. Then she goes on a rampage by herself destroying facilities and labs and in doing so worries her friends as they are unsure of what she is doing all these late nights out. And then recently she just got beat up pretty badly by espers on her level. And then, when she thought it was all over and that her job was done and she could finally take a breather, she’s greeted with what’s basically a ghost of her past and realize what she did was all for naught, as the organization she’s been fighting has been regathered to full strength in a matter of days, tenfold their previous power. And then she realizes her enemy isn’t just these research labs, but the entire city backing them. Pretty brutal yo, and I love it, this is the railgun I signed up for. Although it is pretty sad that once this arc is over, the best that the entire universe of index has to offer will probably be over as well. Hopefully the first season of index or maybe railgun T will have some good stuff as well. But for now I’m just glad that Railgun S is leagues above what I thought was an abysmal previous season.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 10, 2022 7:35 AM
Oct 2019
Ahh okay, the scene with vending machine in Index Season 1.

Damn, this episode is serious serious.
Jun 13, 2023 6:13 AM

Nov 2010
I wish there were more Touma x Mikoto SoL moments. They are amusing to watch together. Adding Kuroko's misunderstanding to the mix made it funny.
Ah, that explains why they're conducting such experiments so openly. I had a feeling that was the case from the start.
Jun 15, 2023 2:44 PM

Jan 2021
I am finally able to somewhat connect this with the main index series. I mean when what happens and stuff. Now that I am remembering this stuff, I am seeing Index series from a very slightly different perspective which is a lot more emotional. When the clone arrived again and Misaka's expression changed, from then on I could feel the emotions. A very touching episode for me for some reason. Absolutely loved it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 29, 2023 5:03 AM

Nov 2023
Touma appears in the anime where he's not the MC!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.