Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 4:12 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"Love master"? Weird phrase.

Sakamoto seems like a cool guy I guess. And lol@ that cliffhangerish ending. Wonder if this will ever be serialized into a full series.
cyruzJun 17, 2015 8:11 AM
Jun 16, 2013 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
It would be nice if it was seralized but she is doing Ao Haru Ride now, but you never know maybe in the future.
I liked it - it was a really good one shot that let you feel the characters personalities and feelings even in that short time.
It's was nice to have a character who gets it rather quickly and isn't stupid.
inzarathaJun 16, 2013 9:26 PM
Jun 17, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2008
I have déjà vu xD
But still LOVE IT!

Story is as always pretty cool!
Art is as always so cute and pretty!
Characters as always are likeable!

Anyway... Love it!
Great oneshot!
Jun 17, 2013 8:42 AM

Jul 2011
the story was fine and the art was veeery cute.
講廢話,被撞到.
Jun 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Jun 2010
The story was cliche at first but later I was surprised that he turned up to be a different guy. It could be interesting as a long series since I like the author.
Jun 20, 2013 3:26 AM
Jul 2018

Cliffhanger-like ending.
I wonder if this will be serialized.
Jun 20, 2013 4:31 AM

Sep 2008
^I don't think so...
This is just oneshot created for "Bessatsu Margaret" 50th anniversary :)
This would be pretty cool if they serialized this,
but I don't have big hopes.

I wonder this is coincidence that main heroine of this oneshot
look like Narumi from Ao Haru Ride xD
I know characters looks simillar because they are created by the same mangaka,
but this is quite interesting that she looks exactly like her xD
Jul 2, 2013 9:53 PM

Nov 2007
HAHA. Geez!
"Do you love me?; then Go For It!"
*squeaaaaaals*
Ugh. Sakisaka Io's oneshots are really awesome! :D
Nov 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
This was a great oneshot!

It's a done-before theme, but that doesn't mean it loses any relevance. I think that's what makes a mediocre story separate from a good story: the ability to extract a theme, a lesson, and apply it to real life. A good story needs a "message" so to speak. Even if its something as simple as "you can't win if you don't try". That's what gives a story actual value. You can learn something from it.

It is, in my opinion, much more compelling than the typical, shallow, "does he love me? Uguu" plotlines we get in the majority of shoujo manga.

This is a short story, and wouldn't really work as a longer serialized version. The entire purpose of the story was to present this simple theme. Dragging the plotline out, or further developing the two characters' relationship, would undermine this theme, and the overall story would defeat its own purpose. This author knows what she's doing.

Plus, I really like this artist's style. 8/10
Jan 17, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
...and he misses catching her and she breaks her leg. The End.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Apr 18, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
This one-shot was adorable. Of course I expected that from Sakisaka Io. It was cute, and had a warm feeling.
Aug 24, 2014 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
inn0centdem0n said:
HAHA. Geez!
"Do you love me?; then Go For It!"
*squeaaaaaals*
Ugh. Sakisaka Io's oneshots are really awesome! :D

I'm going to suggest that this translation is even a bit understated.

removed-userMar 14, 2015 1:05 AM
Oct 8, 2014 2:30 PM
Aug 2013
Adorable.
Now while this could probably get annoying if this became a full length manga, I really like the characters themselves. They weren't annoying at all. It's rare for shoujos to have all nice characters, so it was a pleasant surprise. If a shoujo had characters that were all around good like them, I could actually enjoy it. Maybe it could work as a longer manga, but not too long.
Dec 21, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
it was a nice story but i didn't liked that the girl looks like narumi
Feb 17, 2015 11:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
This was a great oneshot!

It's a done-before theme, but that doesn't mean it loses any relevance. I think that's what makes a mediocre story separate from a good story: the ability to extract a theme, a lesson, and apply it to real life. A good story needs a "message" so to speak. Even if its something as simple as "you can't win if you don't try". That's what gives a story actual value. You can learn something from it.

It is, in my opinion, much more compelling than the typical, shallow, "does he love me? Uguu" plotlines we get in the majority of shoujo manga.

This is a short story, and wouldn't really work as a longer serialized version. The entire purpose of the story was to present this simple theme. Dragging the plotline out, or further developing the two characters' relationship, would undermine this theme, and the overall story would defeat its own purpose. This author knows what she's doing.

Plus, I really like this artist's style. 8/10

Preach. I really like the whole instance at the train station. It not only showed the difference in the two characters' personalities, but also served as the theme of the story. Sure she may look silly trying to catch the train by running, but there's always that possibility that she could make it. And if she does, it won't be so silly after all, and she would save some time from waiting for the next train. It's kind of like the carpe diem theme which we often see in all types of narratives, but I like the way Sakisaka Io executed it in her short, simple, yet effective story. I agree that this only works because it's a one-shot rather than a dragged out story. Nicely done.

VersoSciolto said:

I'm going to suggest that this translation is even a bit understated.

Ohh interesting, thank you for explaining the translation or the significance of the dialogue at the end! Sometimes, nuances of languages can be lost in translation.
Mar 13, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2010
7 for the one-shot and +0.5 for the last page. I mean that jump and the guy's expressions... priceless.
Aug 28, 2015 12:38 AM

Dec 2014
Sakisaka Io's works are masterpiece including this. One of the cutest one shot romance c: i liked it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhae »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.