Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2012
pming said:
kaykenner54 said:
I so happy that Crunchyroll is getting faster and faster with Shingeki no Kyojin. You can tell the people who work there love this anime when they are releasing it faster every week.

I am wondering what they bribed Kodansha and IG-Wit with to get them permission to release Titans like only 2 hours after it premiered in Japan.

Almost all animes are released and subbed an hour after they air on crunchyroll. That is not nothing new. The only thing that could change that is if they sub a later broadcast.
Jun 15, 2013 2:27 PM
Nov 2011
kaykenner54 said:
pming said:
kaykenner54 said:
I so happy that Crunchyroll is getting faster and faster with Shingeki no Kyojin. You can tell the people who work there love this anime when they are releasing it faster every week.

I am wondering what they bribed Kodansha and IG-Wit with to get them permission to release Titans like only 2 hours after it premiered in Japan.

Almost all animes are released and subbed an hour after they air on crunchyroll. That is not nothing new. The only thing that could change that is if they sub a later broadcast.

It's different with Titans. I think CR had an agreement with Funimation. Wasn't Funi suppose to air before CR?
Jun 15, 2013 2:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Loved Pixis speech(es). One smart commander. Lol at Eren spitting out whatever Pixis gave him to drink XD Armin gets some spotlight again with his wonderful plan, and that 3DMG scene was intense. They ended the episode with a perfect cliffhanger as always. But man, Rico/Riko put a lot of pressure on Eren when they were running :( I still like her though.
Jun 15, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
Krissirk said:

I call that Bishonen Titan distant relative of Kawaii Titan

Naahh ... Moetan is another kind of a pretty :)

Krissirk said:
Also about that ending. I think since Eren has been using up his "Titan Jutsu", or whatever it's called, so much that he's now having difficulty using it. I think I count it as the 3rd time he used it that day? Probably took a swing at Mikasa either cause it upset him that she treated him as a child/little brother and when he transformed his anger increased also or that he just wanted to test out Mikasa's abs.

Good episode btw.

Three times in a very short succession, obviously taking toll on him after the partial second. But if you remember, the first time he transformed in the bearded titan, he went on a rampage on the smaller 7 class jumping titan and continued till his power went down. So, apparently Eren is not a ready-delivered omnipotent power buff and the success of his transformation depends on his state of mind, drive, or focus - call it as you like (at this point). I also think that his confrontation with Mikasa subconsciously affected him, although he might not know it yet (well, he doesn't :L).
zellamiJun 15, 2013 2:34 PM
Jun 15, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, and the ending.... can't wait for the next one.
Jun 15, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
pming said:
kaykenner54 said:
pming said:
kaykenner54 said:

It's different with Titans. I think CR had an agreement with Funimation. Wasn't Funi suppose to air before CR?

Really? I don't know about that because they obviously beat funi this week.
Jun 15, 2013 2:36 PM

Aug 2011
So much QUALITY and Slideshows... man, i believe they blown all the budget on a few fairly good drawn scenes.
And the lack of action doesn't help this Anime either...
Jun 15, 2013 2:37 PM

Mar 2012
I noticed the stills a lot more this episode than any episode before it. I don't know if I just happened to be paying attention to them more this time or if there are actually more and more stills being used.

Oh well. That glorious 3D maneuver gear scene at the end there made up for a lot of it. (But I do still wish that they had enough room in their budget to keep continuous animation going.)
Jun 15, 2013 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
pming said:
And btw, why do some people act as though critics should be immune from criticism?
"Get out" isn't criticism, it's "get out."
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 15, 2013 2:42 PM
Nov 2011
3nvy said:
pming said:
And btw, why do some people act as though critics should be immune from criticism?
"Get out" isn't criticism, it's "get out."

Why would low quality criticism expect higher quality criticism?
Jun 15, 2013 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
HMP13 said:
So much QUALITY and Slideshows... man, i believe they blown all the budget on a few fairly good drawn scenes.

Mindless action doesn't make a show good.

Unless you think like Michael Bay.
Jun 15, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
pming said:

My comment was not criticism. It was a question. His comment was not criticism. It was a command which I will not follow. What are you talking about?
Jun 15, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2010
Amarrez said:
Archie74 said:
zellami said:
pming said:
Titans stills also have more detail.

I must have missed this in the manga, because was shocked to see this titan,

who has kind of proportionate features. And the look on his/her face when eating people ...

Okay, for one you need to tag that spoiler. And two, no, it's definitely not.

MY post had the spoiler button on it. The post I QUOTED did not, because there was nothing to spoil, it was just a screenshot with a story-irrelevant comment.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jun 15, 2013 2:47 PM
Jan 2013
I liked this episode however, the episodes seem like they are getting too repetitive. I hope that it's gonna change later in the series. The 3D maneuver gear in action was really cool though. Props to Production I.G
Jun 15, 2013 2:49 PM
Nov 2011
3nvy said:
pming said:

My comment was not criticism. It was a question. His comment was not criticism. It was a command which I will not follow. What are you talking about?

You'd be less confused if you don't edit other people's quotes. Anyway, enough. Even looking at your name gives me a headache.
Jun 15, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2008
3nvy said:
pming said:

It's a question you already know the answer to since you claim you read the manga. Just because you think this series strong point is the action (which is not true in the least.) doesn't give you rights to act like some critic that can spout whatever bullshit he wants and have people agree with him. That's why I told you to get out.

If you couldn't tell there are more valuable things in this series than just the action then you are not worth anything more than a "get out" from me.
Jun 15, 2013 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
Kur0i_Senritsu said:
the episodes seem like they are getting too repetitive.

Yeah, I got that vibe too. And it wasn't just the "waaaah life is hopeless lets scream" thing happening every single episode. Someone on /a/ pointed out a couple scenes where they completely recycle the animation from previous episodes. I think that's what's it.
Jun 15, 2013 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
3nvy said:
Kur0i_Senritsu said:
the episodes seem like they are getting too repetitive.

Yeah, I got that vibe too. And it wasn't just the "waaaah life is hopeless lets scream" thing happening every single episode. Someone on /a/ pointed out a couple scenes where they completely recycle the animation from previous episodes. I think that's what's it.

It wasn't exactly the same, Mikasa dodged it this time. I think it's supposed to be recycling a gag, something basically all anime does.
Jun 15, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit! MIKASA!.GIVE ME NEXT EPISODE NOW ._.
Jun 15, 2013 2:54 PM

Sep 2012
Pow right in the Mikasa...
Jun 15, 2013 2:58 PM
Mar 2013
i loved all the other episodes but i disliked this one.....i hate long speaches and most off the episode was like that :/
Jun 15, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2011
JustALEX said:
HMP13 said:

When it's the only thing that drives a show, than is a lack of it quite bad. I don't think there is more in this Series.I caught myself more than once where i just flew over some pages in the Manga because it's just plain boring and pretty stupid Dialogue.
Jun 15, 2013 3:01 PM
Nov 2011
It will be mostly action in the next two episodes.
Jun 15, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2009
Gal3riel said:
i hate long speaches

I hates peaches, too.
Jun 15, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2012
pming said:
JustALEX said:
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Lol....still better than Bakemonogatri's PowerPoint presentation.

Although, as long as the story is interesting and that art remains good, I really don't care.

SHAFT have their unique way of animating. I really enjoy how they work, even if they look like powerpoint presentation.

I don't care about still pictures. I have seen some anime with pretty sloppy action scenes. Shingeki beats most of the action anime out there in the actions scenes anyways. And even for stills, they are nicely drawn, so I really don't care just like you said. :)

There were a few blips here and there which caught my attention though, like in 00:12:25 (Eren giving Armin some words of confidence) of the previous episode, Eren's lips didn't move for a whole sentence. That was pretty much as fail as one of the episodes of Psyco-Pass.

Agreed.

The action sequences have been animated very nicely and as long as they allocate their budget to what matters most, I don't mind the stills at all.

Hell, I didn't even notice them (that much) until everyone on here began complaining about them.

Seems to me, people are always going to complain about something.

They're running out of things to complain about. Can't complain about Eren being a Gary Stu cause the other characters get so much screen time. Can't complain about Eren being OP, because he's not OP - just look at what he did at the end of episode 11.

Can't complain about it being brainless action series, cause also lots of talking, lots of character development.

And complaining about (detailed gorgeous-looking) stills again and again is ridiculous when the show spends more time showcasing awesome 3DMG and MMA scenes.

You seem to know me better than myself, if you think I will ever run out of stuff to complain about you have another thing coming though, the budget for this show went down the drain in the first episode by the looks of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a SHAFT-esque PowerPoint presentation next.
Jun 15, 2013 3:04 PM
Sep 2012
The freaking mysteries and story are the best part of this series. Are we reading the same series?
Jun 15, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
Pipoko said:
The freaking mysteries and story are the best part of this series. Are we reading the same series?

The mystery element of the plot doesn't really kick into gear until certain events in the next arc.
Jun 15, 2013 3:05 PM

Feb 2013
goosebumps 24/7
Jun 15, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
pming said:
JustALEX said:
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Lol....still better than Bakemonogatri's PowerPoint presentation.

Although, as long as the story is interesting and that art remains good, I really don't care.

SHAFT have their unique way of animating. I really enjoy how they work, even if they look like powerpoint presentation.

I don't care about still pictures. I have seen some anime with pretty sloppy action scenes. Shingeki beats most of the action anime out there in the actions scenes anyways. And even for stills, they are nicely drawn, so I really don't care just like you said. :)

There were a few blips here and there which caught my attention though, like in 00:12:25 (Eren giving Armin some words of confidence) of the previous episode, Eren's lips didn't move for a whole sentence. That was pretty much as fail as one of the episodes of Psyco-Pass.

Agreed.

The action sequences have been animated very nicely and as long as they allocate their budget to what matters most, I don't mind the stills at all.

Hell, I didn't even notice them (that much) until everyone on here began complaining about them.

Seems to me, people are always going to complain about something.

They're running out of things to complain about. Can't complain about Eren being a Gary Stu cause the other characters get so much screen time. Can't complain about Eren being OP, because he's not OP - just look at what he did at the end of episode 11.

Can't complain about it being brainless action series, cause also lots of talking, lots of character development.

And complaining about (detailed gorgeous-looking) stills again and again is ridiculous when the show spends more time showcasing awesome 3DMG and MMA scenes.

You seem to know me better than myself, if you think I will ever run out of stuff to complain about you have another thing coming though, the budget for this show went down the drain in the first episode by the looks of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a SHAFT-esque PowerPoint presentation next.

Oh my. Did the last sentence in that post touch a nerve?

You know, the one that you edited out?
Jun 15, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2012
Mikasa: I believe in you Eren! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ You cant totally do this and-

POWWW
Apr 2013
HMP13 said:
JustALEX said:
HMP13 said:

When it's the only thing that drives a show, than is a lack of it quite bad. I don't think there is more in this Series.I caught myself more than once where i just flew over some pages in the Manga because it's just plain boring and pretty stupid Dialogue.

I like the Dialogue and I don't think it's stupid or so forth. So, you need to watch M.B.

Jan 2012
pming said:

Oh my. Did the last sentence in that post touch a nerve?

You know, the one that you edited out?

No it was tl;dr feel free to explain it to me if you feel you have to.
Jun 15, 2013 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
That was a rather handsome titan.

Nov 2011
PSA - I am no longer replying to any poster who does not even have the courtesy of not editing other people's posts when quoting.

Excluding also counts as editing. FYI.

I'm sparing myself the trouble.

Apr 2009
3nvy said:
Amarrez said:
The mystery element of the plot doesn't really kick into gear until certain events in the next arc.

That's true, but this arc should not have been dragged on for nearly as long.

Arguably. They were always going to end this cour before getting to the next arc though, and what else were they going to have a climactic episode with but the last part of this arc? It was either drag it out or be anti-climactic as all hell.
Jun 15, 2013 3:11 PM
Mar 2013
JOHJ said:
Gal3riel said:
i hate long speaches

I hates peaches, too.
you were making fun of me because i wrote speaches instead of speeches yet you wrote hates, nice one ;)
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:

There is a similar suspense in this, though. I love the conclusion to this arc. Because of all this effort that is put into this plan and the build-up, the conclusion is going to feel incredibly satisfying.
Oct 2010
someone just inserted a ton of fuck into my mind -_______________-

hey guys lets join the super elite awesome titan killing squad.

5 months later, I DONT WANT TO DIE!!!

wtf. pls go
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 15, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2009
KingCez said:

wtf. pls go

You didn't just miss the point, you actually don't even have a clue of where the point is. You'd need to buy a map and hire a guide to even have the slightest chance of locating the point.
Jun 15, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2012
The ending made the whole episode FUCKING WORTH IT!

Also, it looks like Moe Titan has a new friend:

Shoot first, think never.
Jun 15, 2013 3:18 PM

Oct 2012
Open-Dice said:
The ending made the whole episode FUCKING WORTH IT!

Also, it looks like Moe Titan has a new friend:

LONG LIVE BISHIE!!

Oct 2012
don't like don't watch
Jan 2012
I enjoyed every second of this anime :) I love it, this episode was kinda a slideshow but I don't mind it since it was dialog heavy, and the 3D Maneuver Gear part was awesome and the ending as well xo,I didn't except that
Jun 15, 2013 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
There was a spider sneaking up on Mikasa, but it's okay—I think Eren got it.
Jun 15, 2013 3:31 PM
May 2011
That goddamn poosay who kept bitching was so annoying; plz kill him.
ban1o.jpg
Jun 15, 2013 3:31 PM
Mar 2013
Sourire said:
Shaduge said:
Such an intensely boring episode.
action action action I want only action action please shounen action ahhhhhhhh
agree with you nice speech but it took all the epsiode to do it
Jun 15, 2013 3:32 PM
Mar 2013
Marenwynn said:
There was a spider sneaking up on Mikasa, but it's okay—I think Eren got it.
hahahah XD
Jun 15, 2013 3:33 PM

Apr 2013
3nvy said:
Sourire said:
Shaduge said:
Such an intensely boring episode.
action action action I want only action action please shounen action ahhhhhhhh

Well what else is this show good for? Clever and engaging dialogue?
why don't you drop it already?
Jun 15, 2013 3:34 PM
Nov 2009
KingCez said:
someone just inserted a ton of fuck into my mind -_______________-

wtf. pls go

Most of them joined the army to stay inside the walls, not to fight against giant naked people. Only the scouting legion is supposed to fight them.
Jun 15, 2013 3:36 PM

Apr 2013
Even more talking... Next episode does look like some action is going to take place though. :]
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.