Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 23, 2011 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
In the end Accelerator was as fragile as glass. ^^

Pretty good fight and I love the outcome. Hopefully MISAKA will be alright though, even though she's just one of many...

Next up looks like a filler, but I sense some Misaka goodness! =3

Mar 26, 2011 11:18 AM
Nov 2008
I still can't get used to Index's loliness.....it just feels wrong when i see her and Touma all cozy like that....I see it like a brother-sister relation although i know it is not meant to...which is freakin' me out.
Apr 11, 2011 3:50 PM

Feb 2011
Loved this episode mainly because im glad that prick Accelerator is out of the way. I was sort of expecting him to have a troubled past that explains his nature but since there was none of that im content with disliking him.

Hurray for Kaori in the next eps preview!

Apr 14, 2011 12:30 AM

Oct 2010
Kvakond said:
OK episode but nothing epic about it. Over-confidence + physical weakness -> sooner or later your ass will be handed to you.

Accelerater ended up to be just another retard. I mean you try to touch the guy but he punches you in the face (although he shouldn't be able to do that). What you do? Try to get near him 5 more times, then create a ball of plasma, and when that fails you try to get near him again.

Anyway, it would have been cool to see Misaka using the railgun even if she'd die instantly. Sacrifice yourself so we could see the railgun!!

Well at least Index made yet another guest appearance. And here I was thinking that she'll only remain in the title of the show (for legal reasons only).

PS.: Originally I wanted to ask what they'll do in the next 10 episodes, but then I saw the preview. Maybe after the beach episode there will be a School festival ep with cosplay cafe and after that a Hot spring ep

Holy shit I lol'ed so hard
Apr 14, 2011 7:16 AM

Feb 2011
aside from the fight the part where index hugs touma in the back was the best <3
Apr 15, 2011 8:39 AM
Jul 2010
Hum... The fight was good. Nothing to write home about though. Accelerator was kinda stupid. I mean, he had no idea of what was happening since he knew nothing about Imagine Breaker but when he tried to attack Touma directly and didn't succeed, the logical procedure would be not to attempt it again. Especially if he had like infinite ways of killing him without making physical contact. But well, whatever... I still like this show.
May 29, 2011 12:31 AM

Jul 2010
wow, loved this episdoe. the fighting, and the background music.
the moment with index (where the hell has she been all this time?!!?) was super adorable

Antanaru said:
Don't underestimate power of the guys right hand ;]
Wow, Index was sweet as hell in this episode ^^

yep, totally agree. he may have 1 simple power. but whatever god-mode crap you throw at it its done for.

Jun 7, 2011 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
To Aru Majutsu no Index - successfully DROPPED.
Total disappointment for me. Fanservice, moe, kittens (I do love cats, but this perpetual "mew" in the middle of a scene annoyed me very much), loads of moe-girl, the whole story of Index is forgotten and she plays now only this nerve-racking moe-KAWAIIIII-role. Hate this stuff.
The whole battle agains Accelerator was too simple, why was he standing SO LONG accumulating plasma? And then got beaten by this pretentious schoolboy. WHY didn't he use distant attacks, he actually saw that they were effective?! And saw that beating Touma with his fists was wasting of time (my time too).
Too much moe, fanservice and kawaii, too much causeless emotions and deeds, immortal schoolboy and so on - I got really sick and tired of this stuff. I want my time back.
Aug 13, 2011 4:18 PM
Jul 2011
Did anyone else enjoy watching Accelerator get pwned?
Aug 16, 2011 12:32 AM

Apr 2011
I'm actually enjoying Index's absence from the show ... I find her annoying at best, abusive, stupid and spoiled at worst. Fortunately, for a show that's named after her, she's surprisingly absent from most of the major developments.

The fight wasn't quite was I was expecting ... Accelerator seemed to have no grasp of tactics whatsoever, but they did take pains to remind the audience that he's never had a fight go past the first few swings. It really showed, too, Touma kicked his ASS. If there's one thing Touma does well, it's take a beating, and he simply outlasted Accelerator despite Railgun girl injuring him a few episodes back (forget about that? So did the writers).

Still, not a bad conclusion to the Accelerator arc. Now I'm going to accelerate myself, right past the shitty filler eps and up to episode 21 or so, where the plot resumes.
Dec 17, 2011 8:08 PM

May 2011
i enjoyed seeing accelerator getting his ass kicked, good stuff ^^
Mar 10, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
Damn, Touma you lucky bastard. You now have your own Misaka Harem (with over 9,000 Misakas) wow I am jelly!
Jun 30, 2012 4:22 AM

Jun 2012
It’s stupid that Toma doesn't realize that he has his nullifying power from the start. He has to realize that he has the power to nullify? I'm starting to think he's retarded...

Also, that accelerator guy, if he knew that direct physical contact wasn’t working on Toma, why didn’t he manipulate the surrounding in order to kill Toma? Like when he kicked that rock and it flew at an incredible speed. Or the metal that he can throw/ bend. Also how is it that the people behind the experiment with accelerator who decided to stop the experiment since he lost didn’t take notice to Toma’s power? Toma should have been awarded a rank up or something. >=(

And what was up with Mikoto who didn’t show much appreciation for what Toma did? All she did was give him a box of cookies? Are you f***ing kidding me? She was going to die at the hands of accelerator to stop the sisters from dying, and Toma took care of it for her, and all she does to show her appreciation is give him a box of cookies? He basically saved her life, you would think that is worth more than a box of cookies, and they weren’t even homemade… what a lousy girl…
5HAD0WFREAKJun 30, 2012 7:12 PM
Never go full retard
Aug 19, 2012 11:45 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Still feel that the FIRST arc is the BEST! Good fight, but how Touma needed help cause he couldn't hold on his own was sorta lame... Couldn't he have just blocked that plasma thingy with his right hand? :O Woulda been much more badass if Touma just blocked that thing and punch Accelerator. Touma was so beat down and weakened that I wanted him to punch Accelerator's lights out already before he gets crushed and lets everyone down. Didn't feel much like a showdown, but that knockout punch was the moment what I was waiting for.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 30, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2012
The fight was meh, he should have grabbed him with his right hand and beat the crap out of him with his left hand. Mikoto brought him cookies, aawwww
Dec 23, 2012 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, Accelerator had nothing to do with Index after all...which only means that this arc had nothing to do with the story at all.

Boring.

I know this is years later but....I don't get this. Just because Index doesn't have a role in the arc it has no value at all? That's ridiculous.

Anyway, the arc wasn't all that great. The end of the fight was kind of anticlimatic and, well, it just didn't engage me all that much. I hope the rest goes a little better.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 6, 2013 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
MorEdel said:
To Aru Majutsu no Index - successfully DROPPED.
Total disappointment for me. Fanservice, moe, kittens (I do love cats, but this perpetual "mew" in the middle of a scene annoyed me very much), loads of moe-girl, the whole story of Index is forgotten and she plays now only this nerve-racking moe-KAWAIIIII-role. Hate this stuff.
The whole battle agains Accelerator was too simple, why was he standing SO LONG accumulating plasma? And then got beaten by this pretentious schoolboy. WHY didn't he use distant attacks, he actually saw that they were effective?! And saw that beating Touma with his fists was wasting of time (my time too).
Too much moe, fanservice and kawaii, too much causeless emotions and deeds, immortal schoolboy and so on - I got really sick and tired of this stuff. I want my time back.

There is no reason to be disappointed, since it was pretty clear right from the start that the anime would go in this direction. Seeing as the anime is named after a loli nun, you should have dropped it after the first episode if that kind of thing annoys you that much. I would have done so if I hadn´t seen a YouTube amv that had Accelerator in it and a clip of Touma going Berserk beforehand.
But don´t say anything bad about Accelerator, else I'd have to admit that I wasted 6 hours of my life on a pretty average anime. Anyways, I´m not giving up just yet, at least Index doesn´t show up as often as you'd expect of a character whose name is in the title (and yes, in this case, that's a good thing).
Jan 31, 2013 11:15 AM

May 2012
Oh boy nice finisher on Accelerator! Quite a nice ending as well and lol next episode is a beach episode :D
Apr 18, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
The combat is interesting only in the end, a little paradoxical beginning where Touma with only one arm can stop Accelerator? A little comic too! Idisegni are good a little less animations, final and cute with a sister character a little unexpected I hope the new arc is intriguing more than that of the sister!
Apr 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Jun 2012
Touma's harem continues to grow at a rapid pace. What a stud muffin.
May 21, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2012
For me it's epic episode XD
After watching railgun s (sisters arc) I had urge to watch this again
Well lol , I guess sisters & Misaki will be added to TouMAN's Harem
"Signature removed"
May 22, 2013 10:55 PM

Jun 2009
Jun 10, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2010
Not a baaad episode! The Accelerator vs. Touma fight was pretty good. I felt for Misaka 2.. she's doing much better than Ayanami Rei.
Jul 2, 2013 2:31 PM

May 2013
hmmm accelerator got beat up if touma just hold on to accelerator while punching it could have been more easy
Aug 2, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
Why is it that Misaka's Sister 10032 can read Touma's heartbeat while holding his right hand? I though for sure that imagine breaker will block any ESP powers like detecting heartbeat, bloodpressure etc.
Aug 2, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
_ClariS said:
Why is it that Misaka's Sister 10032 can read Touma's heartbeat while holding his right hand? I though for sure that imagine breaker will block any ESP powers like detecting heartbeat, bloodpressure etc.

Who said she was using her powers?Who said that this is what she was doing?*blink*
Aug 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
ssjokg said:
_ClariS said:

Who said she was using her powers?Who said that this is what she was doing?*blink*

In the hospital, she said heartbeat and brainwaves are transfered via electricflow as she hold touma's hand on her chest. But remember on touma and misaki battle on the toaru kagaku no railgun, no electricity can flow on touma's right hand.
Aug 2, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
_ClariS said:
ssjokg said:
_ClariS said:

In the hospital, she said heartbeat and brainwaves are transfered via electricflow as she hold touma's hand on her chest. But remember on touma and misaki battle on the toaru kagaku no railgun, no electricity can flow on touma's right hand.
That not what I meant.What I am saying is that her statement was BS.Lets say that he doesnt have IB.Why would she need to put his hand in her chest?Why not just hold it?Her powers arent different in her chest.

ssjokgAug 2, 2013 11:15 AM
Nov 28, 2013 2:54 AM

Nov 2012
yeah accelerator got beaten at least :3

and index :o

hmm really curious with next episode because THERE IS MISAKA ON IT! XD
Dec 17, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
Aww such a cute ending :). Both Index and the cat with Misaka.
Mar 22, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2012
Well the fight with Accelerator ended up in disappointment. I mean, does he really have to stand in front of everyone for 10 minutes to unleash some kind of ultimate power without expecting a retaliation in return?
Apr 18, 2014 3:02 PM
Dec 2011
The hell was that noise Accelerator made?

Kind of an anticlimactic end to the fight.
Jun 16, 2014 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
The Sisters arc was of the best arc from the novels,yet this adaption of it was rather lackluster.

I see Railgun S focuses on the sister arc so hopefully that ended up being a better adaption.Just gonna have to wait and see.
Jul 25, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
I felt like MISAKA was hidding something. The way she didn't respond when he asked ''That will really save your body, right?'' make me believe that these adjustements are against Touma...

Anyway, the most important thing now is that she's able to stay with the kitty. Now, she can discover his most powerful attack : cuteness overload.

Accelerator biggest flaw is his lack of self-control. He could easily have killed him using his environment, but instead, he wanted him to suffer the most and to show-off by proving how much he have power. When coming in hand to hand, his vector make no difference (at least, the way he was using them ; could have used them to make his move faster, etc.) so that was a big fail on his part.

Misaka is such a tsundere. Buyiing cookies instead of saying ''thanks'', such a tsundere move xD

Ahhhh, here goes the beach episode. There is always one, always...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 15, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
Touma's power is just stupid. It counters everything. I mean, a level 0 defeats the strongest lvl 5? What the hell ? How can he be level 0?
Anyways, I'm satisfied with this arc. And that's surprising because I don't like Misaka. Her clones are much better lol.
Kanzaki is back in hte preview. Yay.

Annisa said:
it's nice that the remaining 9,000 something Misaka were saved.

They were saved but they will die soon anyways :|
Aug 17, 2014 3:02 AM

Aug 2009
Kyouraku-san said:
Touma's power is just stupid. It counters everything. I mean, a level 0 defeats the strongest lvl 5? What the hell ? How can he be level 0?
Anyways, I'm satisfied with this arc. And that's surprising because I don't like Misaka. Her clones are much better lol.
Kanzaki is back in hte preview. Yay.

Annisa said:
it's nice that the remaining 9,000 something Misaka were saved.

They were saved but they will die soon anyways :|
It doesnt counter everything and the levels are assigned to espers based on how much the are valuable to the scientists.Touma isnt an esper and has 0 value to the scientists.

And he isnt the only one that can defeat a lvl 5.At least Touma HAS a power.
Sep 6, 2014 8:57 PM

Nov 2013
Lesson learned from this episode: NEVER vote for the villains in shounen anime cause they will always get the shit beaten out of them no matter how weak the main character is. 1/5

Mar 29, 2015 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was rather anticlimactic, however I loved the Touma x Index scene, and the end with the sister and the cat was so sweet :3
Jun 3, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
it's the third time already that touma ends up in the hospital, it's like his second home
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Aug 31, 2015 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Accelerator is the only reason I'm watching this show.
Oct 8, 2015 9:17 PM

Oct 2014
Accelerator went full retard at the end. He can change the velocity and direction of an object right? Which means he isn't actually creating something from his powers which is what touma counters.. So why not just trap touma and bombard him with steel planks or something like he was doing at the start?

The one time the antagonist decides to fight physically is the time when he doesn't need to and not to mention accelerator looks like he hasn't eaten for a week.
Oct 18, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
lmfao

i feel like this was the best this show could offer
we'll see how it goes
Nov 24, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
"Godlike."
The infamous Falcon Punch .
"For myself."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2015 3:05 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was fucking perfect, especially the end with the music, I loved it :D
Dec 29, 2015 6:54 AM

Mar 2015
Is that Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb???

Accelerator defeated that easily???? LOL.
Just look at the Akatsuki from Naruto. They are very tough opponent that can't be defeated just by mere 2 or 3 episode. I thought the fight will last like 3 episodes but never mind.

Accelerator evil laugh is the best thing in this show.

Nice ending to MISAKA Arc.

Touma sure went to hospital a lot, haha.

Next episode sure is promising.
Feb 20, 2016 3:34 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... why is everyone liking on Accelerator? There's at least 5k members liking him. Well maybe he'd change to ally or something, but he's just completely a jerk and asshole to Misaka clones.

Misaka 10032 is clearly lying... she used his right hand to touch her chest... while we know that Touma's right hand DISPEL anything and anything. So there is no way she could listen his heartbeat. WHICH MEANS! Misaka 10032 is clearly in love with Touma that she wants "one last touch" thing.

2 more harem additions to Touma... The doctor will end up in his harem too if he visits the hospital all the time.

Is it wrong to love a robotic Misaka and real Misaka at the same time? Because I'm all for it.

May 4, 2016 3:16 AM
Apr 2015
While this arc is fine, it's so much better in Railgun. Shows how much JC Staff and all the seiyuus have improved.
Aug 24, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Not seeing the hype for Accelerator either tbh

Touma punching Accelerator was pretty awesome tho
Oct 26, 2016 7:03 AM

May 2015
the fight scene looked pretty nice but the mc needs to stop talking so much in said fight scene. made it kinda boring.

i dont see why accelerator is so liked? maybe in the future but rn he's not anything to me

but the index and touma moment in the end was pretty cute :3
Dec 3, 2016 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
In the end, I liked the episode. The confrontation sort of ended in an anticlimax, but I thought the involvement of Mikoto and the MISAKA clones was cool.

Rather, it's Accelerator himself that I found disappointing; he's just a psychopath with OP abilities. I honestly find it kind of disturbing that so many people like him, knowing that he has killed over ten thousand clones. Plus he has zero redeeming qualities, as far as I know. And I also didn't like that Touma didn't get all that creative either; he knocked Accelerator out with a single punch, as many times before.

I really like the MISAKA clones, and I'm happy for the ones that can now live, though with a reduced life span. I might even find them more likable than Mikoto, though I still think Mikoto is cool. For example, Mikoto may have anger management issues, but that makes her a bit more three dimensional, and I like that.

However, I found the part where Touma's hand is on the MISAKA clone's breast pretty dumb. It didn't seem to add anything to the scene (which shouldn't have been comedic), she could have just held his hand normally without any pandering.
LeeTailorDec 3, 2016 5:32 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

204 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.