Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 21, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2012
For me it's epic episode XD
After watching railgun s (sisters arc) I had urge to watch this again
Well lol , I guess sisters & Misaki will be added to TouMAN's Harem
"Signature removed"
May 22, 2013 10:55 PM

Jun 2009
Jun 10, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2010
Not a baaad episode! The Accelerator vs. Touma fight was pretty good. I felt for Misaka 2.. she's doing much better than Ayanami Rei.
Jul 2, 2013 2:31 PM

May 2013
hmmm accelerator got beat up if touma just hold on to accelerator while punching it could have been more easy
Aug 2, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
Why is it that Misaka's Sister 10032 can read Touma's heartbeat while holding his right hand? I though for sure that imagine breaker will block any ESP powers like detecting heartbeat, bloodpressure etc.
Aug 2, 2013 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
_ClariS said:
Why is it that Misaka's Sister 10032 can read Touma's heartbeat while holding his right hand? I though for sure that imagine breaker will block any ESP powers like detecting heartbeat, bloodpressure etc.

Who said she was using her powers?Who said that this is what she was doing?*blink*
Aug 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
ssjokg said:
_ClariS said:

Who said she was using her powers?Who said that this is what she was doing?*blink*

In the hospital, she said heartbeat and brainwaves are transfered via electricflow as she hold touma's hand on her chest. But remember on touma and misaki battle on the toaru kagaku no railgun, no electricity can flow on touma's right hand.
Aug 2, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
_ClariS said:
ssjokg said:
_ClariS said:

In the hospital, she said heartbeat and brainwaves are transfered via electricflow as she hold touma's hand on her chest. But remember on touma and misaki battle on the toaru kagaku no railgun, no electricity can flow on touma's right hand.
That not what I meant.What I am saying is that her statement was BS.Lets say that he doesnt have IB.Why would she need to put his hand in her chest?Why not just hold it?Her powers arent different in her chest.

ssjokgAug 2, 2013 11:15 AM
Nov 28, 2013 2:54 AM

Nov 2012
yeah accelerator got beaten at least :3

and index :o

hmm really curious with next episode because THERE IS MISAKA ON IT! XD
Dec 17, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
Aww such a cute ending :). Both Index and the cat with Misaka.
Mar 22, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2012
Well the fight with Accelerator ended up in disappointment. I mean, does he really have to stand in front of everyone for 10 minutes to unleash some kind of ultimate power without expecting a retaliation in return?
Apr 18, 2014 3:02 PM
Dec 2011
The hell was that noise Accelerator made?

Kind of an anticlimactic end to the fight.
Jun 16, 2014 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
The Sisters arc was of the best arc from the novels,yet this adaption of it was rather lackluster.

I see Railgun S focuses on the sister arc so hopefully that ended up being a better adaption.Just gonna have to wait and see.
Jul 25, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
I felt like MISAKA was hidding something. The way she didn't respond when he asked ''That will really save your body, right?'' make me believe that these adjustements are against Touma...

Anyway, the most important thing now is that she's able to stay with the kitty. Now, she can discover his most powerful attack : cuteness overload.

Accelerator biggest flaw is his lack of self-control. He could easily have killed him using his environment, but instead, he wanted him to suffer the most and to show-off by proving how much he have power. When coming in hand to hand, his vector make no difference (at least, the way he was using them ; could have used them to make his move faster, etc.) so that was a big fail on his part.

Misaka is such a tsundere. Buyiing cookies instead of saying ''thanks'', such a tsundere move xD

Ahhhh, here goes the beach episode. There is always one, always...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 15, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
Touma's power is just stupid. It counters everything. I mean, a level 0 defeats the strongest lvl 5? What the hell ? How can he be level 0?
Anyways, I'm satisfied with this arc. And that's surprising because I don't like Misaka. Her clones are much better lol.
Kanzaki is back in hte preview. Yay.

Annisa said:
it's nice that the remaining 9,000 something Misaka were saved.

They were saved but they will die soon anyways :|
Aug 17, 2014 3:02 AM

Aug 2009
Kyouraku-san said:
Touma's power is just stupid. It counters everything. I mean, a level 0 defeats the strongest lvl 5? What the hell ? How can he be level 0?
Anyways, I'm satisfied with this arc. And that's surprising because I don't like Misaka. Her clones are much better lol.
Kanzaki is back in hte preview. Yay.

Annisa said:
it's nice that the remaining 9,000 something Misaka were saved.

They were saved but they will die soon anyways :|
It doesnt counter everything and the levels are assigned to espers based on how much the are valuable to the scientists.Touma isnt an esper and has 0 value to the scientists.

And he isnt the only one that can defeat a lvl 5.At least Touma HAS a power.
Sep 6, 2014 8:57 PM

Nov 2013
Lesson learned from this episode: NEVER vote for the villains in shounen anime cause they will always get the shit beaten out of them no matter how weak the main character is. 1/5

Mar 29, 2015 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was rather anticlimactic, however I loved the Touma x Index scene, and the end with the sister and the cat was so sweet :3
Jun 3, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
it's the third time already that touma ends up in the hospital, it's like his second home
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Aug 31, 2015 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Accelerator is the only reason I'm watching this show.
Oct 8, 2015 9:17 PM

Oct 2014
Accelerator went full retard at the end. He can change the velocity and direction of an object right? Which means he isn't actually creating something from his powers which is what touma counters.. So why not just trap touma and bombard him with steel planks or something like he was doing at the start?

The one time the antagonist decides to fight physically is the time when he doesn't need to and not to mention accelerator looks like he hasn't eaten for a week.
Oct 18, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
lmfao

i feel like this was the best this show could offer
we'll see how it goes
Nov 24, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
"Godlike."
The infamous Falcon Punch .
"For myself."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2015 3:05 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was fucking perfect, especially the end with the music, I loved it :D
Dec 29, 2015 6:54 AM

Mar 2015
Is that Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb???

Accelerator defeated that easily???? LOL.
Just look at the Akatsuki from Naruto. They are very tough opponent that can't be defeated just by mere 2 or 3 episode. I thought the fight will last like 3 episodes but never mind.

Accelerator evil laugh is the best thing in this show.

Nice ending to MISAKA Arc.

Touma sure went to hospital a lot, haha.

Next episode sure is promising.
Feb 20, 2016 3:34 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... why is everyone liking on Accelerator? There's at least 5k members liking him. Well maybe he'd change to ally or something, but he's just completely a jerk and asshole to Misaka clones.

Misaka 10032 is clearly lying... she used his right hand to touch her chest... while we know that Touma's right hand DISPEL anything and anything. So there is no way she could listen his heartbeat. WHICH MEANS! Misaka 10032 is clearly in love with Touma that she wants "one last touch" thing.

2 more harem additions to Touma... The doctor will end up in his harem too if he visits the hospital all the time.

Is it wrong to love a robotic Misaka and real Misaka at the same time? Because I'm all for it.

May 4, 2016 3:16 AM
Apr 2015
While this arc is fine, it's so much better in Railgun. Shows how much JC Staff and all the seiyuus have improved.
Aug 24, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
Not seeing the hype for Accelerator either tbh

Touma punching Accelerator was pretty awesome tho
Oct 26, 2016 7:03 AM

May 2015
the fight scene looked pretty nice but the mc needs to stop talking so much in said fight scene. made it kinda boring.

i dont see why accelerator is so liked? maybe in the future but rn he's not anything to me

but the index and touma moment in the end was pretty cute :3
Dec 3, 2016 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
In the end, I liked the episode. The confrontation sort of ended in an anticlimax, but I thought the involvement of Mikoto and the MISAKA clones was cool.

Rather, it's Accelerator himself that I found disappointing; he's just a psychopath with OP abilities. I honestly find it kind of disturbing that so many people like him, knowing that he has killed over ten thousand clones. Plus he has zero redeeming qualities, as far as I know. And I also didn't like that Touma didn't get all that creative either; he knocked Accelerator out with a single punch, as many times before.

I really like the MISAKA clones, and I'm happy for the ones that can now live, though with a reduced life span. I might even find them more likable than Mikoto, though I still think Mikoto is cool. For example, Mikoto may have anger management issues, but that makes her a bit more three dimensional, and I like that.

However, I found the part where Touma's hand is on the MISAKA clone's breast pretty dumb. It didn't seem to add anything to the scene (which shouldn't have been comedic), she could have just held his hand normally without any pandering.
LeeTailorDec 3, 2016 5:32 PM
Mar 23, 2017 5:56 AM

Aug 2013
I like Touma's fighting style.. just keep punching and end with an upper cut. XD
Needs more development between Touma and Mikoto... she's still best girl compared to the rest.
Beach episode next..?
Nov 14, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
So that was Accelerator huh... seemed like the default villan to me so far, wonder why he's so popular on MAL?
Mar 18, 2018 3:04 PM

Sep 2017
Accelerator being overconfident and no good in a fist fight made sense. I still would have preferred a more creative use of imagine breaker than just punching him in the face though. Since the sisters bailed him out of the plasma bomb situation it didn't really feel like Touma actually beat him. Also the way they finalised it didn't really hint that Accelerator would be back looking for revenge against Touma. Which seems strange. I'm assuming he'll probably be back later and maybe have some kind of redemption, but in the immediate future I would have thought he'd be pretty keen on repairing the damage to his ego.

Also I only just realised that shot of a satellite being destroyed when Index used Dragons Breath was what Misaka was referring to last episode, when she said the super computer had been destroyed by some unknown blast
Apr 19, 2018 12:58 PM

Sep 2017
The fight was realistic. However, in Railgun S,it is quite overblown. I can't forgive them for that.

Also, what happened to Accelerator-kun? I hope we get his real name soon. Touma should really not be greedy for his harem though, asking for homemade cookies and finger boob grabs.

But the final scene with Index and Touma was heartwarming. Nice to see that Index was worried about Touma. I ship them the most.(I don't care about Misaka and Touma. To be frank, Misaka x Kuroko is my next favorite ship. That is, until
comes and falls in love with Accelerator.)

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 28, 2018 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
so like that was a fulfilling end...nice to see it all/// touma is so fun to watch...
Jan 21, 2019 5:42 AM
Mar 2018
Railgun did this fight better. You can't change my mind.
Feb 14, 2019 5:08 PM

Aug 2017
Accelerator is physically weak, so he's defeated by Touma.

Well, the fight was much better in Railgun S. Here, it lacked many things. Not bad anyway. Also, the ending of this arc too.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 18, 2019 3:02 PM
Jul 2016
even if Railgun S (which i didn't watch it just yet not even Railgun I so no spoilers) did it better
i don't care
Index I did it well too
it have this dark action vibes which is really good
Aug 19, 2019 5:51 AM
Jul 2016
JeremiahOrange said:
The fight was realistic. However, in Railgun S,it is quite overblown. I can't forgive them for that.

Also, what happened to Accelerator-kun? I hope we get his real name soon. Touma should really not be greedy for his harem though, asking for homemade cookies and finger boob grabs.

But the final scene with Index and Touma was heartwarming. Nice to see that Index was worried about Touma. I ship them the most.(I don't care about Misaka and Touma. To be frank, Misaka x Kuroko is my next favorite ship. That is, until
comes and falls in love with Accelerator.)

>Nice to see that Index was worried about Touma. I ship them the most
>Last Order
comes and falls in love with Accelerator

CALL THE FBI !!!!
Jan 14, 2020 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
Accelerator is the only reason, I'm watching this show.

And he was defeated easily? Plot armor.
Jan 14, 2020 2:54 PM

Nov 2019
Sniper-01 said:
Accelerator is the only reason, I'm watching this show.

And he was defeated easily? Plot armor.
Don't want to be that guy.. But you know that without his refflection Accelerator is just a teenager ?
Mar 4, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
So how long after hormones slower growth treatment will be able to live robotic Misakas?.. A year?.. Or for how long?..
Classic "they wouldn't blame you" for anything.. It works at times of guilt sometimes, I guess..
Well, I'm satisfied with how robotic Misaka was portrayed.. She's quite cute, had development with cat, her stoic expressions and talking from third person is quite enjoyable.. She's a very enjoyable character.. ;p
Some beach fanservice and family backstory episode next?..
Mar 7, 2020 7:15 AM

Apr 2015
this show is incredibly stupid, I cant comprehend how it has such a high score.
Mar 7, 2020 10:52 PM

Apr 2019
OberonFelsach said:

Then go watched Railgun or Accelerator series.
Mar 7, 2020 10:59 PM

Apr 2015
ShadowBladeX said:
OberonFelsach said:

Then go watched Railgun or Accelerator series.

yeah maybe I will. Accelerator is the reason I started to watch this, but his character seems different than when I watched his scenes without context on YT.
May 14, 2020 5:50 PM

Jan 2020
OberonFelsach said:

but his character seems different than when I watched his scenes without context on YT.

That's because his character development is amazing and you probably watched the videos from the time after the Sisters experiment was cancelled.
Aug 30, 2021 12:06 AM

Mar 2016
Railgun version of this fight was definitely improved although there were some areas where I prefered this version, namely the electrical effects on the wind turbines as the Sisters started reversing their rotation.
Thinking about this arc overall, it doesn't feel like it should've actually been part of the story at all considering it had nothing to do with Index or the magic society. Guessing that it was likely a drawn out way to highlight the effectivness of Imagine Breaker and Touma's friendship with Misaka and fight with Accelerator. Hoping to see some eventual outcomes shake things up as a result of this.
Nov 22, 2021 1:08 AM

Jun 2017
despite I prefer index series over railgun, Railgun S really did a much better job at doing what's this season supposed to with sister arc

however, seeing old comment after over a decade about how this unrelated to the main plot is just, lmao
Mar 13, 2022 2:40 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well that was the quickest less intense "bss fight" I've ever seen in an anime *slow clap*

May 2, 2022 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Surprisingly the fight is just okay and not as intense as i expecting.

Accelerator got beat by Touma One Punch Man!!
who would have thought.. lol

at least next episode is the Obligatory Beach Episode...
that always sounds fun.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Mar 8, 2009

113 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:11 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Mar 14, 2009

61 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.