Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' to get Movie Adaptation in Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 9, 2013 6:13 PM

Mar 2011
suzuha said:
Completely unnecessary, especially since they're already having a season 2. Oh well.
Nothing's unnecessary if it brings in the $$$
Jun 9, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2011
So please explain to me why there are no Chuunibyou merch (figures, etc) for sale.
Jun 9, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2009
Recap and probably just 30 sec to 1 minute new footage.

Eh, 2nd season can't come soon enough.
Jun 9, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2013
so it's just a recap. what makes me curious is the new footage
Jun 9, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
I'm guessing this was what the "contract renewed" thing meant? Or possibly a 2nd season trailer would pop up at the end of the movie.
Jun 9, 2013 8:12 PM

Feb 2011
Chunibyou Movie? Wow, I didn't see that coming.

Somewhat interested, but a Recap???
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Jun 9, 2013 8:14 PM

Feb 2012
Not too ecstatic but more Dark Flame Master is welcome~
Jun 9, 2013 8:59 PM
Dec 2011
i'll watch it but i wish they would have made a new movie and not just a recap
Jun 9, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
A recap huh. Not sure how much new footage there will be but I bet not a lot, so much has happened in the series not sure how they will put all of it and more into one movie.
Jun 9, 2013 9:34 PM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
BigSimo said:
ugh. kyoani's worst case of milking yet?
Or best case.
Yeah. Definitely not.
Jun 9, 2013 9:43 PM

Feb 2012
VioLink said:
This is a big year for Kyoani.

Close up pictures of those four Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! limited-edition swimsuit clear file folders
http://i.imgur.com/ftLvTIW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YphP88H.jpg
Dat Rikka ass

Hot damn. They all look so sexy.
Jun 9, 2013 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
DraconisMarch said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:
Or best case.
Yeah. Definitely not.
Not best or worst? Sounds right.

====

According to flyer information from presale movie ticket, the movie will be about the 1st season from Rikka's perspective. So my guess is that new footage will be on things that are seen or experienced by Rikka but not shown on TV.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
those action scenes are gonna look beautiful!!
Jun 9, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2011
Let's see, there's gonna be: Free!, Chu2 , Kyoukai no Kanata, and now a ChuMovie.
Damn, KyoAni, good luck.
Jun 9, 2013 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
Seriously now?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jun 9, 2013 10:43 PM

Aug 2012
Love Chunibyou but can't stand recaps sooo no thanks.
Jun 9, 2013 10:52 PM

May 2012
what about season 2?
Jun 9, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
TheGreat1s said:
what about season 2?
No change in plan.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 11:30 PM

Apr 2013
TheGreat1s said:
what about season 2?
still gonna be epic.

& funny
Jun 9, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
Nothing interesting if it's just a recap...Still waiting for the season 2...
Jun 10, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2012
DraconisMarch said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:
Or best case.
Yeah. Definitely not.
No, DraconisMarch-senpai. symbv was quite accurate in his statement.

I'd be a bit more accepting of your opinion if you'd seen more than ~2 episodes of the show. But..
AndyRayyJun 10, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 10, 2013 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
Ummm... Hell yes?

Why though? S2 was already announced. So i think people will be more focused at it.
Regardless will be looking out for this.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jun 10, 2013 12:33 AM

Mar 2012
AndyRayy said:
DraconisMarch said:
symbv said:
BigSimo said:
Or best case.
Yeah. Definitely not.
No, DraconisMarch-senpai. symbv was quite accurate in his statement.

I'd be a bit more accepting of your opinion if you'd seen more than ~2 episodes of the show. But..
On a side note, I bet Drac would probably like Chuunibyou if he kept watching. I don't think it's very good, but it falls in line with what he seems to like. In fact, I bet he'd like a lot of shows if he didn't drop every second show he watches. No point in convincing him that though
Jun 10, 2013 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
Yvese said:
VioLink said:
This is a big year for Kyoani.

Close up pictures of those four Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! limited-edition swimsuit clear file folders
http://i.imgur.com/ftLvTIW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YphP88H.jpg
Dat Rikka ass

Hot damn. They all look so sexy.

Dat Rikka ass indeed

Jun 10, 2013 5:06 AM

Apr 2012
SaberRitsu said:
On a side note, I bet Drac would probably like Chuunibyou if he kept watching.
I agree as well.

Since he supposedly came in "expecting nothing", he probably already was planning on looking down on it no matter what it turned out to be. Also, the fact that he compares it to K-On! shows that he hasn't seen much of the show (if any at all, honestly).

Meh, it's his loss. I mean, sometimes the be-
I don't think it's very good, but it falls in line with what he seems to like.
Wait, what the fuck did you just say?! Did you just call chew-knee-FUCKING-bee-oh not very good?!

Me and you are going to have some problems, friend.
In fact, I bet he'd like a lot of shows if he didn't drop every second show he watches. No point in convincing him that though
Indeed.

I just checked his dropped list and found quite a few gold nuggets in there, though senpai seems to think that an anime must reveal it's full power level within the first ten fucking seconds or else it's shit.

Again, his loss~

Jun 10, 2013 6:06 AM

May 2012
Kyoani will milk this franchise for all its worth it seems.

Cant they milk a series that actually MATTERS? Like Full Metal Panic!? Or even Haruhi...?
Jun 10, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
MusicSynesthesia said:
Ever since Clannad's attempt to make a movie recap, I've despised any attempt by any company to recap an anime tv series... it's left a lasting impression, full of cynicism and distaste.
Clannad was a totally different monster, though.

The movie came out before the show did and was made by a different animation studio entirely, so it was less of a recap as opposed to a tightly packed (and arguably bad) adaptation of the VN.
SteampunkDalek said:
Cant they milk a series that actually MATTERS to me? Like Full Metal Panic!? Or even Haruhi...?
Fixed your statement a bit.

Jun 11, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
lol movie recap with new scene is coming for sure
Jun 11, 2013 2:17 PM
Feb 2012
Looking forward!!
Jun 12, 2013 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
SteampunkDalek said:

Cant they milk a series that actually MATTERS? Like Full Metal Panic!? Or even Haruhi...?

They DID milk Haruhi. MAN did they milk it. Eight times, plus a movie.

As for FMP... IT DOESN'T SELL THAT WELL. Why is that so hard to understand?

Anyway... BRING ON MORE DEKOMORI!!!!
Jun 12, 2013 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
DmonHiro said:
SteampunkDalek said:

Everything they make is milking, tell me one anime they have done lately that aren't packed with pointless "fanservice" moe ;)
Jun 12, 2013 5:03 AM

Mar 2012
Liph said:
DmonHiro said:
SteampunkDalek said:

Everything they make is milking, tell me one anime they have done lately that aren't packed with pointless "fanservice" moe ;)
All of them except for Tamako Market
Jun 12, 2013 6:05 AM

Apr 2012
jmal said:
"Milking" is without a doubt the most vapid and meaningless word fandom has ever latched onto.
Finally! I was seriously waiting for someone to come along and say this in as eloquent a fashion as you did!

Besides, I bet if KyoAni ever announces a new Full Metal Panic anime, the same folks playing the "milking" card would probably pull a 180 and proclaim, "Finally! All hail KyoAni-sama!" Though I'm sure that they'd try and twist the facts to make it seem otherwise.

'Tis a shame that fans nowadays can't simply let other people enjoy what they enjoy and ignore what they themselves don't as opposed to being so negative and hateful about things.
SaberRitsu said:
Liph said:
And the truth strikes again!

Jun 12, 2013 6:16 AM

Sep 2012
The thing is, if you are in business why don't you want to exploit the success of a line of product? The question at the end is, are they going to do it in a successful way that can please the existing fans or expand the appeal of the product?

Those who call it milking are likely not to be a fan of the franchise to start with, or perhaps they are disgruntled fans who may or may not have justified reason to bemoan the continuation of the franchise. Though my guess in this case is that those who complained here are more likely to be the former group.

AndyRayy said:
SaberRitsu said:
Liph said:
And the truth strikes again!
I am not sure, because serious questions need to be asked for the first post in this chain, saying KyoAni anime are "packed with pointless fanservice moe". What is that?? Pointless to you maybe, but perhaps part of the point of the anime is moe itself (besides many other existing points for the anime) ? Also, it all depends on what you mean by "fanservice" moe. We also have bathing scenes in Tamako, not to say even an exposed ass. And I would ask how much "fanservice" there is in Nichijou, despite its heavy dosage of moe artwork and moe style animation.
symbvJun 12, 2013 6:26 AM

Jun 12, 2013 6:25 AM

Jan 2008
So... if you find a formula that makes your anime popular and you keep, that's milking?
Funny, I thought it was called "common sense".
Jun 12, 2013 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
DmonHiro said:
So... if you find a formula that makes your anime popular and you keep, that's milking?
Funny, I thought it was called "common sense".
And "common sense" says that "milking" carries a negative connotation.

Jun 12, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Only if the "milking" produces low quality garbage, like Endless Eight.
Jun 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Sep 2012
DmonHiro said:
Only if the "milking" produces low quality garbage, like Endless Eight.
Then you said it now. Basically your definition is just not right when you said milking is "a formula that makes your anime popular and you keep" and claimed it is "commonsense". Basically you are using "milking" for an extension of the franchise that you hate and do not approve. And I am not even talking about whether it is true that Endless Eight really is "low quality garbage" as you said.

Jun 25, 2013 8:41 PM

Sep 2012
Jul 18, 2013 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Hypehypehype.

Really excited for this- even if it's a recap movie. Watching that PV made me so happy because of all the tiny snippets of new footage that just make me happy. I'm marking my calendar for September 14th!
Jul 18, 2013 1:35 AM

Jul 2012
So a movie and a second season?

That's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the epic delusional battle scenes in godlier animation.
Jul 19, 2013 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
Another little teaser:
Aug 10, 2013 1:56 AM

Mar 2013
Full Trailer:

OP: "Across The Line" by Maaya Uchida
ED: "Black Raison d´être" by Maaya Uchida, Chinatsu Akasaki, Azumi Asakura, Uesaka Sumire

Aug 10, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
That EVA beginning lol.
The visual is going to be amazing and the change of perspective in the movie is going to be pretty interesting.
Aug 10, 2013 5:26 AM

Feb 2012
This will be an interesting recap :D
Aug 10, 2013 5:29 AM

Jul 2013
Aug 11, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2011
egnaro315 said:
That EVA beginning lol.

Hahaha I wasn't expecting that.
[center]
Sep 14, 2013 6:35 AM

Aug 2013
Its finally out in Japan today
Sep 14, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
Just in case some people have seen some news/rumors about new KyoAni works, I would like to clarify here:

There have been tweets from anime fans who have watched the Chu2 movie. In KyoAni CM before the movie, apparently it is announced that Chu2 season 2 will air in Winter 2014. And then there is the big news of new series of Tamako Market.

Thing is, since they are all tweets from fans, as much as I believe they are probably not trolls and they were not lying, it is difficult to use those as a news source from a proper journalism perspective. I would wait a bit and see if there is any official source or major professional news site that confirms it before starting a news thread.

So if you have seen some "big breaking news" about KyoAni works and wonder why there is no news about it here, now you know why.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.