Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Gotta give some credit for Kikuchi confessing tbh.

Well, it looks like back to square one though...
May 19, 2013 2:05 PM

Mar 2012
Ohhhhh the shipping battles. This manga can go many ways now that we're back to Futaba's feelings and all that craze.
May 19, 2013 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
I have hope this fandom will not end up like others...

Kou/Futaba will be together, so I hate Kou, because he is this one who gonna be with her not sweet, cute, adorable... Touma.

Hate rival just because your ship have no chance is...
I think I will refrain from commenting.
May 19, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
I just wish that Kou would be honest - Touma is and I've gotta respect that - So I do like Touma but I don't think she will go out with him when she still likes Kou.
Even though I wanted Kou and Futaba together Kou could be a lot nicer and more honest to her, he's often quite a jerk. If he loves her he should have just been friends and supportive of the other girl without letting her manipulate him like that emotionally. I know Kou loves Futaba and doesn't want to show it but with that other girl he won't move on from the feelings of pain of losing his mother and she is manipulating him using those feelings and I don't like that. ( the other girl playing on his feelings of loss)

I sort of like Futaba's friend with Touma's friend though lol
May 19, 2013 5:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This chapter was just...it hurt my heart. First, Touma's incredibly honest and sincere (and patient) confession was beautiful. I think he has a chance, but it won't be anytime soon unless Futaba gets over Kou. And then Kou's conversation with Narumi. I think she relies way too much Kou. Kou still has problems that he hasn't fully come to terms with yet. If anything, he also needs the and help and support from other people. Narumi is incredibly selfish. It's like Futaba said, Narumi's problems will only make Kou stuck back in time with his own. Although Kou's been frustrating me for the last few chapters, it's sad to see him being anemic, he's still going through a lot. That last scene with Futaba and Kou was kind of melancholy, I mean not too depressing, but very real. It's almost as if I was there watching, I could hear the silence during their conversation. The mangaka does a great job creating the mood. Lastly, I love how Kou tells Futaba that he doesn't like "a girl losing weight." He's only honest in other ways than romance...he's basically saying that he likes the way Futaba is, without losing weight and without the lip gloss (and make up too probably). One of the best chapters yet ^^
May 19, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2009
LittleStar said:
I have hope this fandom will not end up like others...

Kou/Futaba will be together, so I hate Kou, because he is this one who gonna be with her not sweet, cute, adorable... Touma.

Hate rival just because your ship have no chance is...

You're right, and sadly, that's what we're gonna get.
We all know how this story is gonna end up, with Kou and Futaba together. It doesn't matter how much plot, character development, love triangles and stuff they face, they will end up together... But it saddens me that such an amazing character like Touma is gonna end up rejected eventually. He might get his heart broken but seeing him as he is now he may just move forward and be happy. That's what I'm looking forward.

Also, I don't wanna start a war myself, but Kou has many reasons to be hated. Just imagine you know and have feelings for such a boy, that's sad. Him having a lot of family and personal issues and not moving forward... Not many girls would endure that, but there's Futaba, who has helped him get out of those troubles and YET he comes back to them by standing close to Narumi... and I'm not even gonna talk about her because Futaba already said it: she's selfish. AND, even though right now I want to smash Kou's head to a wall, I believe he's a good person, and he just needs love and support from his friends to get over all the bad stuff in his life... but if he's not willing to move forward, then no one can do anything for him.

I'm sad for him though, to get to the point of fainting :/
May 20, 2013 1:06 AM

Feb 2013
Kou really has some issues that he must deal with. >.<
May 20, 2013 3:53 AM

Sep 2008
But... let's don't forget this is manga.
There must be "bad guy" and "nice guy".
Something MUST happen before manga will end.
Do you really want that Kou was such nice guy,
so after Futaba confess they start dating and that was the end?
No more Ao Haru Ride.

If you don't like long manga,
then start to read oneshots or short mangas,
where in one or three to five chapters
couple start be together.

Also, I like Kou help his friend. (Narumi)
He isn't like other character when since he have new friends,
he doesn't care about problems his old friend.
Narumi character maybe is little annoying,
but I can understand her...
I understand, she want be with somebody who she know very well...

Also Futaba and Touma aren't perfect too...
Really Touma really disappointed when he confess his feeling after
find out Futaba was rejected by Kou.
May 21, 2013 4:21 PM

Dec 2011
I love how honest Kikuchi is and I wish Kou would be more like that, but I suppose it's part of Kou's character not to be. I wonder when he will realize that not everything is his responsibility....
Next chapter ><
May 22, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2009
So.. No development.. Starting to wonder if things will ever move forward.
May 22, 2013 9:46 AM

Jun 2008
^ Same here... I hope we're now through the first half at the very least.

I was actually surprised Touma wasn't going to give up after saying she's only been looking at Kou all this time... Poor guy~ Kou on the other hand... first rejecting her, then not wanting other guys to look at her as a girl (¬_¬) To think he appeared as a nice guy at the start of this manga (and Futaba still calling him kind... He is being kind to neither himself nor others like that)... ~.~ His health condition was unexpected, though.
May 26, 2013 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
damn her ! T0T just make Kou jealous by going out with Touma easy !

May 27, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2012
NO WAY! That will ruin the perfect shoujo image of Futaba! Plus, in this chapter, we basically saw what's inside Kou's head (what's been eating him). He's still sad about his mother's death, and Narumi's sudden intrusion made it worse. He pities Narumi and he sees himself in her. She doesn't have anyone to rely on or make her happy, and Kou feels that in order to comfort Narumi he has to be the same as her. He rejected Futaba most likely because he feels unworthy or feels that he'll be betraying Narumi if he does go out with her.

So basically this unpleasant situation between Kou and Futaba is all Narumi's fault! It's also because of her that Touma got the chance to confess! (But it was still the most adorable confession ever) Narumi should be castrated!!!

BUT, I really feel that we're getting close to where Kou realizes that he has to have Futaba and confesseses dramatically (I hope). Fingers crossed but still I'd really hate to see Touma depressed and alone. :( Anyhow, this manga is sooo seriously addicting!
XiaoLaineMay 27, 2013 7:30 AM
Jun 2, 2013 1:47 PM

Mar 2011
tingy said:
. Lastly, I love how Kou tells Futaba that he doesn't like "a girl losing weight." He's only honest in other ways than romance...he's basically saying that he likes the way Futaba is, without losing weight and without the lip gloss (and make up too probably). One of the best chapters yet ^^

Oh, I thought that was a reference to how his mother lost weight as she died from her cancer. ;A; #allthesefuckingfeelz
Jun 4, 2013 10:51 PM

Sep 2011
I thought it meant he liked her how she was - like she didn't have to change - but also I think he doesn't want her doing things to attract another guy at least at a semi conscious level.
Jun 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
XiaoLaine said:
So basically this unpleasant situation between Kou and Futaba is all Narumi's fault!

Um, Kou could just leave her alone or whatever. It's not like he's on her leash or something.
Jul 31, 2013 3:57 PM

Apr 2012
ahhh it was really brave of kikuchi to confess like that. i think he did it really well and he DID get fubata's attention with it. however, she still kinda has feelings for kou.
and it looks like kou hasn't been eating lately since then. what kind of troubles was he talking about? does he really have feelings for fubata or is he confused between both her and narumi or is it something deeper?
either way, kou and fubata are always fatefully interacting with each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2010
Feels repeat of Strobe Edge.
Jan 30, 2015 2:33 PM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
Gotta give some credit for Kikuchi confessing tbh.
Agree. Touma knows how to talk.
Feb 3, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2013
Uhg... this isn't going nowhere.
And at the same time, going somewhere...
Mar 25, 2015 10:57 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone is nice in this manga. But, oh well, strong feelings can bring out the best and
the worst out of people. But if it's such a glorious feeling, it can't be wrong. I guess. :)
Dec 30, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
Oh man c'mon ... Touma get away from them ... She will never love you.
Jul 8, 2016 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
I need some development.
Jan 30, 2019 8:33 PM

Jun 2015
Seems like everyone is trying so hard.
:)
Mar 30, 2023 2:55 PM
Jan 2021
Isso está ficando cada vez mais triste..!
"Se eu minto para mim.. imagina pra você..!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.