Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 11, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
Mikasa is the daughter of the Colossal Titan! That lightning! That muscles! That floor shattering feet! Titans are Orientals! Attack on Orientals! The Oriental Onslaught!
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 11, 2013 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah that Titan run was the best part of the episode. Titans are top-tier shounen villains because they're badass without having any stupid abilities, they don't go on monologues during fights, they're evil as fuck, they either look cool or hilarious, and they do funny shit like that. They're the best thing the show has going for it right now.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 11, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2011
Probably the best episode. Mikasa is the best character.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler
LunaMay 11, 2013 9:32 PM
May 11, 2013 7:05 PM

Dec 2012
I
Ekaros said:
SupaNiper said:
So my theory is that "Dr. Jeager" have been treating Mikasa and possibly Eren with some weird drugs when they were younger?? And that explains the Epic Hilt Crushing ability?? I have only watched the Anime so i don't know. I really hope we get an explanation for it though.. I know there are titans'n shit, but superpowers?? Meh..

And the basement key, and the dreams... He isn't dead yet? Or did I miss something? I think he has some sort of role to play in future...
I think he's dead. Didn't he go crazy after the mim's death or something? I agree with the experimentation hypothesis though. Would explain a lot.
May 11, 2013 7:05 PM
Jun 2008
3nvy said:
MorningGlory said:
@3nvy
mental disorder.... our Main character(dead) -_-"
Well, that was a good reason...
He should had kill his mom since he hate her sometimes .
Because mommy putting eren in time out is equivalent to dudes murderig mikasa's family and trying to sell her as a sex slave?

but still, killing a two grown up man without hesitation is... From what I see, He is like an experienced murderer.
May 11, 2013 7:07 PM

May 2012
This episode just proved Eren > Mikasa. He was a bad ass little kid, Mikasa was a docile LOSER.

Oct 2010
Disappointed they didn't show that Franz was completely missing his lower half.....made it that much sadder in the manga.
Oct 2012
Lol, I laughed a little bit too much at that Titan's run.

Another solid episode, cannot wait until Mikasa finds out about Eren.
May 11, 2013 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
Dude that titan running..

I just... the anime staff must have did that as a joke lol cause that shit was HILARIOUS AS FUCK!

Still, great ep. Backstory on Mikasa is welcome, though it's unfortunate what happened to her parents. The world they lived in is fucked man :(

Also found it interesting that Mikasa is part of an 'extinct' race. Can't wait to learn more about that as well as how Eren survives.

Man, I HATE WAITING A WEEK!
May 11, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
So is Mikasa kinda like Morgiana from magi didn't remember her gaining such brute strength when she stabbed the guy in the manga or i could be wrong and it was just a added effect to the scene.
May 11, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
MorningGlory said:
3nvy said:
MorningGlory said:
@3nvy
mental disorder.... our Main character(dead) -_-"
Well, that was a good reason...
He should had kill his mom since he hate her sometimes .
Because mommy putting eren in time out is equivalent to dudes murderig mikasa's family and trying to sell her as a sex slave?

but still, killing a two grown up man without hesitation is... From what I see, He is like an experienced murderer.
Have you heard of the case where a 13 year old girl killed her neighbor for no reason? She hadn't experienced any trauma to make her like that, she was just insane and felt like it. If kids can be crazy enough to kill for no reason, I think they can be crazy enough to kill for a good reason. It's not normal at all, but has eren seemed entirely normal and rational to you in the rest of this series? He's apparently always had something wrong with him. Good character development imo.
May 11, 2013 7:09 PM

Feb 2009
pp813 said:

Next episode: EREN IS BACK (I'm guessing. lol I don't know).

If you think about it, after this episode it's pretty obvious he isn't dead. Not even a spoiler. How else would you explain that Armin managed to pass out on that roof and not immediately get eaten by the same titan? Ymir says "maybe they thought he was dead" which might make sense if one hadn't already almost eaten him and as of last episode had only been a few feet away from him while he was still moving about and screaming.
May 11, 2013 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
SimmianPrime said:
Disappointed they didn't show that Franz was completely missing his lower half.....made it that much sadder in the manga.
They might show it on the blu-ray, though I'm honestly surprised they censored that part considering they have no issues showing people/limbs getting eaten and titan necks getting slashed.

/shrug
May 11, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2013
Yvese said:

I just... the anime staff must have did that as a joke lol cause that shit was HILARIOUS AS FUCK!
No it was in the manga too,
but dumb titans just run like idiots.. it was drawn the same way in the manga :x
TachiiMay 11, 2013 7:34 PM
May 11, 2013 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
PoeticJustice said:
This episode just proved Eren > Mikasa. He was a bad ass little kid, Mikasa was a docile LOSER.
Eren couldn't even put her scarf on properly. And eren wasn't hot enough for people to want him as a sex slave. And he doesn't even have cool lips. And Mikasa didn't get eaten by an eoten. Mikasa stays winning.
May 11, 2013 7:11 PM

Jun 2012
I knew what was gonna happen before watching, but I still liked this flashback. Might be my favorite ep so far, since I wasn't blown away quite as much as some with the other episodes. I like how this one played out.

Though the non flashback parts. Dat fucking retard titan.
May 11, 2013 7:13 PM

Feb 2012
OfficialGuts said:
Yvese said:

No it was in the manga too, you'll see intelligent titans later on that have a good running form, but dumb titans just run like idiots.. it was drawn the same way in the manga :x
Ah, I see.

Still funny as hell though XD

Jun 2012
"When Eren is with me, I can do anything."

Can't wait to see how she reacts when she finds out what happened to him in the prior episode! So far, I think she's been a pretty boring character, but I'm getting interested in her now. Can't wait for the next episode. This one felt really short for some reason.
Shoot first, think never.

Sep 2011
ReasonDesu said:
GodlyKyon said:
Ew... The animation quality dropped pretty drastically, why do they do these shows episode by episode??? Like, a group of people only has 1 week to prepare by drawing...

Looking at the crowd,the entire crowd might as well as be a part of the Durarara background crowd, all of them were faceless.... This thing can sell better than most of the hits in the past years, the animation better be fixed in the BD

It's a debut for the studio to be fair and they were advertising for more animators on twitter. Not really inducing great confidence. Although I cannot doubt the animation quality has dropped I'm still really enjoying it. Hal their next project looks to be pretty top notch animation too from the PVs, hopefully they can back it up.

What? are you saying this is the first anime for this studio?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 11, 2013 7:17 PM

May 2013
I liked that we got a backstory on mikasa kind of, But when it finished I realized I really just didn't give a shit. I reaaaalllllly want to find out what happens with Eren and I told myself I wasn't gunna read the manga...

But my resolve is weakening...

Fuck

IM BACK
May 11, 2013 7:19 PM

Nov 2011
That running Titan is just full of lol. The abnormal sure is something else.

Mikasa's past was shitty, by shitty I mean horrible. Eren has more balls when he was a child. I wanted to see what Mikasa did to the third criminal.

May 11, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2010
Yvese said:
SimmianPrime said:
They might show it on the blu-ray, though I'm honestly surprised they censored that part considering they have no issues showing people/limbs getting eaten and titan necks getting slashed.

/shrug

Yeah, they didn't even need to show much blood. Just a wide shot where you could clearly see that it was missing would have been enough to show just how utterly pointless trying to give him cpr was.
May 11, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Mikasa's backstory to occupy an episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2013 7:21 PM

Jan 2009
ernst said:
Mikasa is the daughter of the Colossal Titan! That lightning! That muscles! That floor shattering feet! Titans are Orientals! Attack on Orientals! The Oriental Onslaught!

do not give the fansubbers any idea especially Commie fansubs

SupaNiper said:
So my theory is that "Dr. Jeager" have been treating Mikasa and possibly Eren with some weird drugs when they were younger?? And that explains the Epic Hilt Crushing ability?? I have only watched the Anime so i don't know. I really hope we get an explanation for it though.. I know there are titans'n shit, but superpowers?? Meh..

super powers is common on shounen genre

Dec 2012
Fiji said:
I didn't expect Mikasa's backstory to occupy an episode.
Because its not important?
May 2013
These Feels They Feel :'(
May 11, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
wish i could fast forward to next week
May 11, 2013 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
DingoBingo said:
I liked that we got a backstory on mikasa kind of, But when it finished I realized I really just didn't give a shit. I reaaaalllllly want to find out what happens with Eren and I told myself I wasn't gunna read the manga...

But my resolve is weakening...

Fuck

I really wanted to know too! It felt like such a tease! But It did enjoy hearing Mikasa's backstory so we can know why she is the way she is, and it will help build up Mikasa's reaction when she finds out the bad news.
May 11, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2011
FloridaOranges said:
Armin is bad and he should feel bad.

Why?
May 11, 2013 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
Open-Dice said:
"When Eren is with me, I can do anything."

Can't wait to see how she reacts when she finds out what happened to him in the prior episode! So far, I think she's been a pretty boring character, but I'm getting interested in her now. Can't wait for the next episode. This one felt really short for some reason.

We better get a killing spree.
pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

Because he's a worthless pussy and that's all he will ever be.
May 11, 2013 7:27 PM

Feb 2009
FloridaOranges said:

Armin will get his chance to shine soon.

Jan 2009
3nvy said:

pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

manga reader here and all i can say is you are all wrong about Armin, his aptitude is not about fighting so wait and see

/soon

Jun 2012
pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

I like Armin. He's a nice contrast to Ed and his sister. I like how reacts to the situations, like when Hannah is trying to revive that guy and how he was desperately trying to get her to stop. Really hammers in the futility and hopelessness of the world they are in.
May 11, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
What I wanna know is how those spiderman contraptions they use for transportation work.
May 11, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 2011
3nvy said:

pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

He changes, but i understand why you think that
May 11, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?
He pussied out that's probably why.

TBH though I don't blame him. He's not the front-line type and this experience should be a wake up call for him.

Judging by posts from manga readers, his smarts will be put to good use later which is how it should be. He's a detriment on the battlefield.
May 11, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2012
Yvese said:
pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

TBH though I don't blame him. He's not the front-line type and this experience should be a wake up call for him.

Judging by posts from manga readers, his smarts will be put to good use later which is how it should be. He's a detriment on the battlefield.

That's annoying. I was hoping he'd die soon (maybe a sacrifice, or just a cruel death for the drama), but the manga readers have pretty much confirmed that isn't going to happen soon.
May 11, 2013 7:34 PM

Nov 2012
Yvese said:
pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

yeah, just wait for it..

What a nice adaptation from the source material, it will only get better and better..

cant wait for next week, it's to painful to wait.. But i guess 1 week waiting for the next anime episode is much less painful than waiting for the 4 weeks for the next manga chapter XD

Jul 2011
3nvy said:
What I wanna know is how those spiderman contraptions they use for transportation work.

IDK if this can help:

Feb 2012
Open-Dice said:
Yvese said:
pralan said:
FloridaOranges said:

Why?

That's annoying. I was hoping he'd die soon (maybe a sacrifice, or just a cruel death for the drama), but the manga readers have pretty much confirmed that isn't going to happen soon.
Well he is one of the main characters :P

It was revealed last ep that he's incredibly smart so I was surprised when they sent him out there.

I personally can't wait to see how he puts his brain to use. Remember, soldiers need intelligence/technology. It's people like Armin that provide that :P
May 11, 2013 7:35 PM

May 2013
3nvy said:
3nvy said:
Also these swords cut through shit that cannons don't scratch, but they break after smacking two people with the flats of the blade? C'mon son. It's possible to have action that isn't realistic, but is still logical.

I think they were pretty much gone at that point. Still no sane person goes against person with blank stare who just killed monster size of building...
May 11, 2013 7:38 PM

Oct 2012
3nvy said:
3nvy said:
Also these swords cut through shit that cannons don't scratch, but they break after smacking two people with the flats of the blade? C'mon son. It's possible to have action that isn't realistic, but is still logical.
It was worn when she struck the titan, not the people. Did u not see the damaged blade after hitting the titan? The blades are made of special steel, and cannons are only effective to slow them down, it DOES scratch them, but they regenerate. And for these "spiderman contraptions", it's basically wire, and gas pressure. The remotes act as blade handles aswell
AnimeHAwk616May 11, 2013 7:41 PM
May 11, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2012
Yvese said:
Well he is one of the main characters

Right, but that didn't save Eren, did it? As far as I know, anyway.

Jul 2010
Amarrez said:

Oh no, I'm going to be late to Eoten Elementary!

Made my day.

nnangle said:
Let's hope we see some budget increase now that we enter the more interesting episodes.

Or maybe using all their money on the first episode and then fucking up the rest was all part of the plain all along..

That's because they wasted all the budget with these EYES: /jk/ but still, those eyes are seriously impressive.

Amarrez said:
Eren is a perfectly well adjusted child.

Like his beloved teacher.
Actually, they might be: Father&Son.

Emiloo12 said:
All I have to say is this....
I can't wait for this soundtrack.

^ This.

Also, this scene reminded me a lot the Ending theme:

Feb 2009
3nvy said:

Seems pretty certain they aren't going to give a more detailed explanation in the anime, these are from chapter 3:
May 11, 2013 7:42 PM
Jun 2008
3nvy said:
It's not normal at all, but has eren seemed entirely normal and rational to you in the rest of this series? He's apparently always had something wrong with him. Good character development imo.
I do agree he is hot blooded guy but I don't think he is mentally insane or crazy.
3nvy said:

Last episode I think I saw some big oxygen tank . I think its pressured air.
May 11, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tyrel said:
Oh the animation was pretty bad this episode too.

Characters outlining is just so bad. You could see the dark outlines far too much from before. Bunch of other stuff too..

They're a new found company. Stop if you just only watch it for sorely the animation.

and quit your bitching
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 11, 2013 7:52 PM

Oct 2012
Tommk said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tyrel said:
Oh the animation was pretty bad this episode too.

Characters outlining is just so bad. You could see the dark outlines far too much from before. Bunch of other stuff too..

They're a new found company. Stop if you just only watch it for sorely the animation.

and quit your bitching
The atmosphere was so dark I couldn't even tell. I don't get how these people notice this stuff
May 11, 2013 7:52 PM

Apr 2010
MorningGlory said:
3nvy said:
It's not normal at all, but has eren seemed entirely normal and rational to you in the rest of this series? He's apparently always had something wrong with him. Good character development imo.
I do agree he is hot blooded guy but I don't think he is mentally insane or crazy.
3nvy said:

Last episode I think I saw some big oxygen tank . I think its pressured air.

It's natural gas. Fuel will be a focal point in the next episode or so.
May 11, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2008
YAY, I caught up.

I don't read the manga, but my many years of reading shounen battle manga allows me to KNOW for a fact that Eren is NOT dead and he unleashed his shounen hax to survive....or something happened to spare his life.

Anyways, I guess Mikasa's background makes perfect sense why she is how she is.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.