Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2013 10:26 PM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Kivos said:
Master7432 said:
Ah, this adaption is turning out great! ~
I <3 A-1

Yeah,uhh A-1 didn't do this. Thank god.

Da hell you are talking about? A-1 has great adptations

I though Production I.G.did this... o.o
Apr 20, 2013 10:27 PM

May 2012
wow

Apr 20, 2013 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
GodlyKyon said:
Kivos said:
Master7432 said:
I <3 A-1

i hope you're joking. they shit all over their adaptations
Apr 20, 2013 10:28 PM
Nov 2011
Kakuri said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kivos said:
Master7432 said:
I <3 A-1

I though Production I.G.did this... o.o

SnK anime is by Production IG and Studio Wit. And the manga is NOT by the Death Note duo.

The credits already have English romanization.
Apr 20, 2013 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
What was the song that played toward the end? That song was pretty damn awesome.
Apr 20, 2013 10:39 PM
Mar 2013
I think my taste is a little different from some people here cause I absolutely LOVED this episode. DAT OST...DAT POTATO GIRL...DAT LIPS MIKASA.
Jokes aside...I think this episode was pretty great...it had comedy, it had drama, it even had some small amounts of action. And those still shots were pretty well directed...
My score so far:
Ep 1: 11/10
Ep 2: 9/10
Ep 3: 10/10
Apr 20, 2013 10:43 PM

Apr 2013
Excellent episode. I suppose this is the obligatory loser-to-hero character transition in the transgressor type characters (eren). It's also good to see that Eren is able to make some friends asides from Mikasa and Armin. That aside, the music really hyped it up for me at the end.

It also seems like the next episode = mini time skip again. When does it stop?
Apr 20, 2013 10:43 PM
Nov 2011
Mine is:
Episode 1 - 10
Episode 2 - 10
Episode 3 - 9

Taking a point off cause they didn't all the scenes and conversations from chapter 15 and 17.
Apr 20, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2012
Mine is:
Episode 1 - 5
Episode 2 - 3
Episode 3 - 2
Episode 12 and over = *SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE FACEPALM*
Apr 20, 2013 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
My theory is that Mikasa sabotaged his belt so that he wouldn't be able to make it into the military. Anyone else agree?
Apr 20, 2013 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
Amarrez said:
My theory is that Mikasa sabotaged his belt so that he wouldn't be able to make it into the military. Anyone else agree?

none manga reader detected
Apr 20, 2013 11:02 PM

Apr 2009
j0x said:
Amarrez said:

I've read the manga up to the latest chapter twice, it was never confirmed or denied in the manga.
Apr 20, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
Amarrez said:
j0x said:
Amarrez said:

I've read the manga up to the latest chapter twice, it was never confirmed or denied in the manga.

if Mikasa has done it then it should have been revealed long ago on the manga by now and besides its out of character for Mikasa to do that since she is the supportive type

its just faulty equipment thats it
Apr 20, 2013 11:07 PM

Aug 2012
I LOVE POTATO GIRL!
Apr 20, 2013 11:10 PM

Apr 2009
j0x said:
Amarrez said:
j0x said:
Amarrez said:

if Mikasa has done it then it should have been revealed long ago on the manga by now and besides its out of character for Mikasa to do that since she is the supportive type

She isn't the supportive type, she's the overly protective type. Why else would she tell Eren to just give up on being a soldier this episode? She wants to protect him no matter what.
Apr 20, 2013 11:14 PM

Jan 2009
Amarrez said:
j0x said:
Amarrez said:
j0x said:
Amarrez said:

She isn't the supportive type, she's the overly protective type. Why else would she tell Eren to just give up on being a soldier this episode? She wants to protect him no matter what.

no wonder you are suspicious about Mikasa you got a different view about her than me thats for sure
Apr 20, 2013 11:14 PM

Nov 2012
potato girl HAHAHAHAHAHA love her so much!! Really love this episode though no actual action happening. Looking forward for next episode!
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 20, 2013 11:15 PM

Nov 2011
Non-manga person here.

A bit of a vibe change but I consider that a good thing, not because I didn't like the first 2 episodes but because it's good to have some variety. Introduced us to some new characters and showed us a bit about them. All in all a solid episode. I also see this one was particularly sparse on animation, but an episode like this didn't really need any crazy Sakuga so they were smart about it. Save the tent pole animation for more "important" episodes.
Apr 20, 2013 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
WorldInverse said:
potato girl HAHAHAHAHAHA love her so much!! Really love this episode though no actual action happening. Looking forward for next episode!

we might get some great animated action scenes on episode 5 or the ending part of episode 4
Apr 20, 2013 11:18 PM
Sep 2012
Not as exiting as the first two episodes, but at least there's some character development here. I like that Eren is starting to act more mature about swallowing his pride and the introduction of the new characters was pretty nice. Hope to see some action in the next episode.
Apr 20, 2013 11:20 PM

Jan 2009
AiCon said:
Not as exiting as the first two episodes,

as soon as this school setting cliche on most anime is over then prepare for suspenseful action
Apr 20, 2013 11:21 PM

Aug 2009
It has been a while since i enjoyed anime this this much.. damn this is a classic.
AzureFlame64Apr 21, 2013 1:59 AM
Apr 20, 2013 11:23 PM

Feb 2012
I was worried the show would start turning all shounen with the training and Eren being all talk and having to build himself up, but this ep was a relief. Thank god it was just faulty equipment and the kid can back his big mouth up.

Now the dude can go rape shit.

And my god, Mikasa grew into quite the babe. My face lights up whenever she's on-screen now ;D
Apr 20, 2013 11:24 PM

Dec 2012
man waiting inbetween weeks is gona be hard for this one... i just cant wait till next week!
Apr 20, 2013 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
Krizalid- said:
In manga Mikasa says "he's relieved that he doesnt have to be close to me" (with tears)
In anime Mikasa says: "he's relieved that he doesnt have to be separated from me"

So, WTF?

Either the manga or the anime probably has a faulty translation. I can't imagine the anime team making such an obvious screw up.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 11:27 PM

Aug 2011
This was beautifully adapted, for a training episode, this was an amazing episode to watch.

Sasha the Potato girl was great, loved the face when she smelled bread from the distance and just snatched the it away from Kristina. You just can't hate this girl for her guts, determination...and her logical way of thinking. Also not to mention how Mikasa trolled her, love it!

I noticed that the anime is dropping hints as the manga did for future situations, so for people who are watching it, keep your eyes out whenever something is mentioned and when the frame switches. ^^

The final part of the episode was glorious, that OST being played when Eren passes as the solider was just epic, and fit perfectly. The relationship between Mikasa and Eren is indeed special.

Jan 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Krizalid- said:
In manga Mikasa says "he's relieved that he doesnt have to be close to me" (with tears)
In anime Mikasa says: "he's relieved that he doesnt have to be separated from me"

So, WTF?

Either the manga or the anime probably has a faulty translation. I can't imagine the anime team making such an obvious screw up.

yep fansubbers translation error if there is a v2 of the fansub you have watched then get the updated version
Oct 2010
Krizalid- said:

So, WTF?

It's a non issue anyway but I agree that it's probably a bad translation.
Apr 20, 2013 11:28 PM
Oct 2010
Amarrez said:

No, because it was clearly stated that a part of the belt had badly rusted.
Apr 20, 2013 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
5/5
Apr 20, 2013 11:34 PM

Jun 2009
@ Forgetfulness

I'm not sure why you deleted that but I think you are right that what Eren said didn't match up with with Mikasa's words. At first I just thought she was wrong, but after coming to these forums I'm thinking it was a faulty translation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 11:37 PM
Oct 2010
Forgetfulness said:
skudoops said:
Amarrez said:

Well, going with his theory the instructor said "I've never seen this part of the belt rust before" and they've been fighting for how long again?

But then again, Mikasa probably can't magically make rust :T

Well he said he has never seen it rust there before, but it probably has been known to be an issue (the effects of those faulty pieces not the rust) since he identified it pretty quickly the second time around.
Apr 20, 2013 11:39 PM

Oct 2012
Ok that's it!
I'm gonna make 3D Manuever Gear!

VioLink said:
Next episode

Yes! XD

ElfinMint said:

I was hoping this anime will never surpass FMA and this will end up like GC,SAO and ANE

FMA =Fullmetal Alchemist
GC = Guilty Crown
SAO = Sword Art Online
ANE = ???
"Signature removed"
Apr 20, 2013 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Forgetfulness said:
skudoops said:
Amarrez said:

Well, going with his theory the instructor said "I've never seen this part of the belt rust before" and they've been fighting for how long again?

Well he said he has never seen it rust there before, but it probably has been known to be an issue (the effects of those faulty pieces not the rust) since he identified it pretty quickly the second time around.

Guys, don't worry about small things! XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 20, 2013 11:44 PM

Apr 2009
Ray_Light said:
skudoops said:
Forgetfulness said:
skudoops said:
Amarrez said:

Guys, don't worry about small things! XD

Trust me, SnK is a series where all the small things need to be worried about.
Apr 20, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Krizalid- said:

So, WTF?

The scanlation is wrong.
I can see beauty where others see ugliness. That either makes me an artist or a person of very poor taste (с)

Apr 20, 2013 11:49 PM
Nov 2011
Mikasa probably didn't sabotage his belt. I can't imagine her sneaking into the boys' locker room or dormitory to sabotage Eren's belt.

The author probably just wrote it this way because 1) this series doesn't have magical equipment that never get damaged, never gets worn down or never needs to be refueled.

In real life, a lot of equipment can result in horrible failures when not properly maintained and inspected. Sometimes, it takes just ONE broken part to take down an aircraft.

2) Eren and Armin needs an excuse to make friends. This is one way to do it. Have them looking for help from their classmates. It will also explain why Eren (in later chapters) gets to hang out with Reiner, who's the one who sorta introduced Eren to Annie.

I just wish the anime hadn't excluded the panel wherein it was Marco who suggested that they go ask Reiner and Bertholdt.

3) Something which I think the anime did better than the manga - in the anime, the instructor said that he should include the belts for maintenance and inspection. I don't remember the manga mentioning this. It was a nice touch.

Anyway, there's other "better" reasons for Eren's belt to be damaged. Besides, after Eren's accident - Mikasa would had exchanged her belt with Eren's (if she had sabotaged it) cause she's that overprotective of Eren.
Apr 20, 2013 11:51 PM

Sep 2012
Potato girl is obviously the best character
Apr 20, 2013 11:54 PM

Apr 2013
wow... there's a ton of hate already... really huh? it can't avoided though

ElfinMint said:
I was hoping this anime will never surpass FMA and this will end up like GC,SAO and ANE

there are some really stupid ones to boot. what? afraid this will be better than FMA? I'm not saying it would be (that depends).... but how idiotic is that? you want an anime to fail just because it endangers your favorite? -_-

Read the manga but didn't have any problems with the adaptation so far... I got over the lips thingy and it really doesn't bother me much...

the manga's order of events has it's reasons but the chronological way also has its perks... let's say the non-manga readers would have the time to know all the characters more so they wouldn't get confused with the fast pacing later on

some parts were not as comical as from the manga, timings were kinda off, but still managed to make me laugh and it's good as it is going

still a super episode 5/5
HidoiSanApr 20, 2013 11:59 PM
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 20, 2013 11:59 PM
Sep 2012
RPGenius_Chiyo said:
Krizalid- said:

So, WTF?

The scanlation is wrong.

Proof?
Apr 21, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2007
Krizalid- said:
RPGenius_Chiyo said:
Krizalid- said:

So, WTF?

The scanlation is wrong.

Proof?

The manga version you read was fan translated and the anime version you read was fan translated... so yea.. translation error..
Apr 21, 2013 12:05 AM

Apr 2013
Pknoctis said:
Commie subs (or w/e) was the one on animecrazy? The one that translated as "Eotena" or something? Besides that weird translation though, I thought the translations were great.

yup it was commie... their translations are great but they did that so I have to stick with GG... I just... don't... like... how... it... sounds...
HidoiSanApr 21, 2013 12:08 AM
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 21, 2013 12:20 AM
Oct 2010
Amarrez said:

Trust me, SnK is a series where all the small things need to be worried about.

I agree, the author goes into great detail in the manga even with small things.
Apr 21, 2013 12:21 AM

Jan 2011
Ray_Light said:
Ok that's it!
I'm gonna make 3D Manuever Gear!

VioLink said:
Next episode

Yes! XD

ElfinMint said:

FMA =Fullmetal Alchemist
GC = Guilty Crown
SAO = Sword Art Online
ANE = ???

LoL, why are u putting godlike series like FMA with SAO and GC?
Sorry, I really like this show so far, but it aint nowhere near FMA.
On the other side, its better than SAO and WAY better than GC.
Apr 21, 2013 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
HidoiSan said:
Pknoctis said:
Commie subs (or w/e) was the one on animecrazy? The one that translated as "Eotena" or something? Besides that weird translation though, I thought the translations were great.

yup it was commie... their translations are great but they did that so I have to stick with GG... I just... don't... like... how... it... sounds...

actually scratch that! I just watched Commie's Sub of episode 3 and it was TRANSLATION RAEP O____O
HidoiSanApr 21, 2013 12:34 AM
Apr 21, 2013 12:32 AM

Sep 2008
Another good episode. The over-exaggerated comedy bugged me a little. I was hoping this show would be more serious.
Apr 21, 2013 12:35 AM

May 2009
THAT SCENE IN THE ENDING FIRED ME UP LOL!

Apr 21, 2013 12:35 AM
Nov 2011
5layer said:
Another good episode. The over-exaggerated comedy bugged me a little. I was hoping this show would be more serious.

It will, very soon.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.