Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 20, 2013 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
Is this taking place before the first railgun? or after?
I mean she knew Touma and the sisters in the first railgun but here it seems like she dont know about the sisters at all.
Meaning this is playing out the same time as index?
Marluxia is classy..Classy as FUCK!
Apr 20, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
I see they're not wasting any time ^^
Apr 20, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
Yep. Nunotaba is still creepy. Even though she doesn't have her fish-eyes in the anime, that voice actor did a great job combining her voice, her line breaks, and intermittent English. That was absolutely wonderful.

Let's see. This episode covered only one chapter: Chapter 18.
And based on the preview, Episode 3 will cover Chapter 19 only. As such, it may be safe to say that they are covering a chapter per episode. Based on the fact that there 21 chapters in this arc and that the fight scene episodes may be cut down, I estimate that this arc may span over a good 16-17 episodes.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Apr 20, 2013 8:37 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm, seems Mikoto was tricked as a child by an emotional ploy to give scientists a sample of her DNA to use for their level 5 cloning experiment. What seemed like a routine case involving mysterious money cards is the lead in to Mikoto's eventual discovery of her "sisters", huh. So Saten spotted one first, I expect more sightings of her clones until she herself meets one of them.

Love both the OP and ED for this one. I did not realize until later that it was also Yuka Iguchi who sang the ED. It was a nice surprise, since I didn't know her normal singing voice sounded like that.

Hollow90 said:
I mean she knew Touma and the sisters in the first railgun but here it seems like she dont know about the sisters at all.
After the first Railgun. She didn't know about the sisters yet in season 1 either, as the first Railgun was set before the Sisters arc happened in the season 1 of Index.
Apr 20, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Hollow90 said:
Timeline:
Apr 20, 2013 9:52 AM
Sep 2011
SayakaMagica said:

Hollow90 said:
After the first Railgun. She didn't know about the sisters yet in season 1 either, as the first Railgun was set before the Sisters arc happened in the season 1 of Index.

Timeline of Railgun
1 Season: 16-24 July
Sister arc:

Edit: More detailed timeline above...
Beginning of Index 1: 20 July
Apr 20, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
wow, i'm suprised. i thought the last episode was horrible. i'm glad i was told to give it another try because episode 2 was great. the new girl seems pretty interesting too. the last sequence with her vs those dudes was dope. hope the show stays this consistent.

my only gripe at this point is Uiharu. can't stand her would love to see her die a slow and agonizing death.
Apr 20, 2013 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
ninearts said:

my only gripe at this point is Uiharu. can't stand her would love to see her die a slow and agonizing death.
Pretty sure it is for some random reason.
Apr 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
Looking at the reactions of Saten at the clone she wasn't aware it was a clone it's safe to assume that this happened before the Accelerator arc in the Index series and also before the war with the Catholic church.
There where also several indicators of this in the previous episode.
The new girls with the stoic face seems to be aware of the clones and most likely also the project involving Accelerator so i guess this arc will explain a lot about how that project came to be.
It the Index series it wasn't clear how they got Misaka's DNA and why to picked her for the cloning project it's also unclear what her relation with Accelerator is besides the fact that they both are level 5's.

A other question is what the new girls roll is in the project and her involvement with Misaka she was the girl in Misaka's memory but besides that Misaka doesn't seem to know her.
Another question is why was she spreading around those money cards, i was thinking it might have something to do with her power.
My theory is that her power works with everything she came in contact with meaning that since she distributed the cards she obviously came in contact with them now if some one picks up that card her powers will work on that person.
Off course it's just a theory and i might be completely wrong here.
Apr 20, 2013 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
Aversa said:
Looking at the reactions of Saten at the clone she wasn't aware it was a clone it's safe to assume that this happened before the Accelerator arc in the Index series and also before the war with the Catholic church.
There where also several indicators of this in the previous episode.
The new girls with the stoic face seems to be aware of the clones and most likely also the project involving Accelerator so i guess this arc will explain a lot about how that project came to be.
It the Index series it wasn't clear how they got Misaka's DNA and why to picked her for the cloning project it's also unclear what her relation with Accelerator is besides the fact that they both are level 5's.

A other question is what the new girls roll is in the project and her involvement with Misaka she was the girl in Misaka's memory but besides that Misaka doesn't seem to know her.
Another question is why was she spreading around those money cards, i was thinking it might have something to do with her power.
My theory is that her power works with everything she came in contact with meaning that since she distributed the cards she obviously came in contact with them now if some one picks up that card her powers will work on that person.
Off course it's just a theory and i might be completely wrong here.

I am sure that they did say that it was for medical purposes in the Index anime..

As for her power
Apr 20, 2013 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

more or less. i just can't stand the sight of her. her and those ridiculous flowers on her head. she couldn't be more annoying.
Apr 20, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

more or less. i just can't stand the sight of her. her and those ridiculous flowers on her head. she couldn't be more annoying.
-_-''
Apr 20, 2013 11:17 AM
Oct 2010
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 20, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion

seriously? i never even saw the 2nd season of index. i'll make it a top priority now though. when does the new season start? you just made it my most anticipated anime.
Apr 20, 2013 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
Seems like I'm the only one to comment on this:

Kun Kun!
Apr 20, 2013 11:30 AM
Oct 2010
ninearts said:
Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion

seriously? i never even saw the 2nd season of index. i'll make it a top priority now though. when does the new season start? you just made it my most anticipated anime.

Unfortunately it will still take a while. It's unannounced, but I expect it to be in either Spring or Fall 2014 (Fall being the most likely season).
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 20, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Yeah

She so annoying and ridiculous....
Apr 20, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2011
So, she was just acting? wow. Now I'm even more curious to know her true skills.

and great ED.
Apr 20, 2013 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Yeah

truer words were never spoken.

Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
Ajunky said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Spoiler by suggestion

Unfortunately it will still take a while. It's unannounced, but I expect it to be in either Spring or Fall 2014 (Fall being the most likely season).

i see. plenty of time to catch up then i suppose. guess i'll have to put up with index for another 24 episodes but it'll be well worth it. but hey, how often do the railgun characters appear in the 2nd season anyways? or better yet, what about accelerator? he was prolly my favorite index character.
Apr 20, 2013 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:
ssjokg said:
ninearts said:

Yeah

truer words were never spoken.

You do realize he was being sarcastic there, right?
-------
On another note, for those who don't know, Nagatenjouki Academy (Shinobu's school) is also where Accelerator is a student at.

Apr 20, 2013 1:07 PM
Oct 2010
ninearts said:
Space

i see. plenty of time to catch up then i suppose. guess i'll have to put up with index for another 24 episodes but it'll be well worth it. but hey, how often do the railgun characters appear in the 2nd season anyways? or better yet, what about accelerator? he was prolly my favorite index character.

EDIT: Uiharu's appearance is almost on cameo level. (Somehow I was forgetting a relevant arc)

About Accelerator
AjunkyApr 20, 2013 5:30 PM
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 20, 2013 1:31 PM
Mar 2013
Ajunky said:

About Accelerator

In response to everyone else I didn't quote, Uiharu is a boos. She's the
which makes her a boss. Also, like we said,

As to Accelerator, I think that he becomes a much much much much better character soon, not that he isn't already a great character. In fact in terms of Index characters I put Misaka, Touma #1 Accelerator and Shiage #2 , Crowley #3 and then other characters. Well... not exactly true, but I don't wanna to spoil any characters not in Railgun or Index anime yet.
CreationBreaker said:

And based on the preview, Episode 3 will cover Chapter 19 only. As such, it may be safe to say that they are covering a chapter per episode. Based on the fact that there 21 chapters in this arc and that the fight scene episodes may be cut down, I estimate that this arc may span over a good 16-17 episodes.

Based on the episode description and preview I actually think it could cover chapters 19 and 20. Maybe they were just starting slowly. They didn't want to throw in too much and stop at an awkward point. When the story picks up, it has its own fuel. Maybe they just wanted to add in the mention about the SS which is why it took longer than usual. It was also important to show
right?

But if so, I would like it if they do what you are saying because they will have good filler. I just hope they don't go crazy on filler and it affects the emotions of what the characters will be feeling.
dnivApr 20, 2013 1:37 PM
Apr 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
Too bad this is only PG13
Apr 20, 2013 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
That last part was thrilling
Apr 20, 2013 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
ehhh. shouldve made index 3.
need more misaka or touma.
Apr 20, 2013 3:46 PM

Dec 2012
ahh i see. great news then. love accelerator, thats my dude.. definitely another reason to watch seasons 2 and 3. only down side now is that damn blue haired nun. well, who knows. maybe she's developed past the "touma i'm hungry!" phase so i'll give her another shot.

but that aside, it sure is genius that they have 2 ongoing franchises out at the same time from the same little universe. you'd think other studios would try the same thing.

but back to the railgun series: for the people who read the light novels? how far, time wise, novels ahead of the anime? is MIsaka in like highschool or someshit?
Apr 20, 2013 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
I can't really understand people hating on Uiharu. I mean, well, she may not be a battle-type character who blows stuff up. Some might see her as rather unnecessary. But why all the hate?

Also, non-VN readers might not know but Uiharu is actually
Apr 20, 2013 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
ninearts said:

but back to the railgun series: for the people who read the light novels? how far, time wise, novels ahead of the anime? is MIsaka in like highschool or someshit?

The Index novels are in mid-November right now. Railgun S is in mid-August. Railgun's manga is in mid-September.

dniv said:

CreationBreaker said:

Based on the episode description and preview I actually think it could cover chapters 19 and 20. Maybe they were just starting slowly. They didn't want to throw in too much and stop at an awkward point. When the story picks up, it has its own fuel. Maybe they just wanted to add in the mention about the SS which is why it took longer than usual. It was also important to show
right?

But if so, I would like it if they do what you are saying because they will have good filler. I just hope they don't go crazy on filler and it affects the emotions of what the characters will be feeling.

I looked through the preview and I saw no evidence that Chapter 20 would be covered in the next episode. All of the scenes in it were from Chapter 19 and the bear hugging scene was in neither, Most likely that bear hug with Kuroko is just going to be filler while Mikoto is infiltrating the facility.

Naoki-Saten said:
I can't really understand people hating on Uiharu. I mean, well, she may not be a battle-type character who blows stuff up. Some might see her as rather unnecessary. But why all the hate?

Ditto to that. She also

That was also. I really cannot understand why people actually hate her.

Apr 20, 2013 4:12 PM

Mar 2012
Naoki-Saten said:

You're playing to many VN. It was LN not VN. And Uiharu is top 10 programer in Academy City.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 20, 2013 4:13 PM

Jun 2007
I love the ED, it really gets across the sweetness yet the foreboding at the same time of this arc. The characters seem to be being treated a lot more properly this season too. Aside gushing over how perfect Biribiri is (especially with the changes from season 1 to now in terms of how they are making her be and how Rina Satou is voicing her), the rest of the cast got a big upgrade too. I didn't really notice it so much in the previous episode, but looking at both Kuroko has really gotten a shit ton better about controlling herself. I like that instead of molesting Mikoto in her sleep she's just holding her sweetly.

I feel like they are doing a good job of adapting the content again like with season 1. I didn't notice anything cut out but I felt like there was a lot extra, and that's what I was hoping for, so I'm even happier with this season than I was last week.

I wrote my weekly Railgun post on my blog as well; *HERE*. (Sorry if it seems a little off this time, I ended up writing a lot about some spoilers from later on and realized it after almost finishing; I don't want to give spoilers so I cut them all out)

Naoki-Saten said:

They already hinted very heavily at this in season 1 - with her easily working with several monitors (in entertainment that means COMPUTER PRO) and also being able to very easily track people and control devices, she always has her little handheld computer too. She wouldn't be given access to such high level stuff (which she is several times) like in season 1 if she wasn't extremely talented.

Skimming the thread I see a lot of hate for Uiharu from one or two people, but I don't see why. She's cute and a very useful asset to the group - she's got information on both a higher and more local level and knows how to use it on par with federal authorities. Information is extremely important. Alongside that, it keeps the show from being just overpowered characters. Kuroko, while not being amazing, is very skilled in combat, Biribiri is one of the strongest in the entire world let alone Academy City - so Saten and Uiharu give the party a good balance.
TallonKarrde23Apr 20, 2013 4:30 PM
Apr 20, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2010
That 'critical' ability is pretty scary, but I still don't really understand how it works. Shinobu's pretty dangerous and cold either way. I wonder what her exact history with Misaka is and why she'd hide all those money cards.

Apr 20, 2013 4:24 PM

Mar 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
That 'critical' ability is pretty scary, but I still don't really understand how it works. Shinobu's pretty dangerous and cold either way. I wonder what her exact history with Misaka is and why she'd hide all those money cards.

It wasn't a real ability. She just drugged them using the needle taped to her hand.
Apr 20, 2013 4:25 PM

Mar 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
It's not an ability. She just use psychological trick to shock them. And if you look at OP it seem like she was scientist.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 20, 2013 4:26 PM

Mar 2012
Onyxthegreat said:

The scary part is she has no ability (that we know of). The entire Critical thing was an extremely well played bluff on Shinobu's part. Combining the anasthesia she had on her hand with some well done acting and fear tactics, she was able to knock out all of those guys.

Her history and the reason behind those money cards...you'll find out next week. Just be patient...or read the manga. Either works.

Apr 20, 2013 4:35 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
I love the ED, it really gets across the sweetness yet the foreboding at the same time of this arc. The characters seem to be being treated a lot more properly this season too. Aside gushing over how perfect Biribiri is (especially with the changes from season 1 to now in terms of how they are making her be and how Rina Satou is voicing her), the rest of the cast got a big upgrade too. I didn't really notice it so much in the previous episode, but looking at both Kuroko has really gotten a shit ton better about controlling herself. I like that instead of molesting Mikoto in her sleep she's just holding her sweetly.

I feel like they are doing a good job of adapting the content again like with season 1. I didn't notice anything cut out but I felt like there was a lot extra, and that's what I was hoping for, so I'm even happier with this season than I was last week.

I wrote my weekly Railgun post on my blog as well; *HERE*. (I repeated some of the things from the first post by mistake, but more importantly it might seem a little shorter or just a little less too it because I had to cut out a lot - I wrote a lot that involved some spoilers and I didn't want the post to include any spoilers, so I edited that all out.)

Naoki-Saten said:

They already hinted very heavily at this in season 1 - with her easily working with several monitors (in entertainment that means COMPUTER PRO) and also being able to very easily track people and control devices, she always has her little handheld computer too. She wouldn't be given access to such high level stuff (which she is several times) like in season 1 if she wasn't extremely talented.

Skimming the thread I see a lot of hate for Uiharu from one or two people, but I don't see why. She's cute and a very useful asset to the group - she's got information on both a higher and more local level and knows how to use it on par with federal authorities. Information is extremely important. Alongside that, it keeps the show from being just overpowered characters. Kuroko, while not being amazing, is very skilled in combat, Biribiri is one of the strongest in the entire world let alone Academy City - so Saten and Uiharu give the party a good balance.
Pretty sure that only ninearts had a problem with her,for literally no reason at all.

NeoAnkara said:
Naoki-Saten said:

You're playing to many VN. It was LN not VN. And Uiharu is top 10 programer in Academy City.
Isnt Uiharu #1?She even created a

@dniv
I wouldnt call it fighting but yeah.
Apr 20, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2013
Kuroko FTW
Yes....The arc has finally started.....
I really like Nunotaba's character design iin the anime, in the manga it was a it creepy
Apr 20, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2011
Here we go! Arc is finally starting.
Apr 20, 2013 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

that right there is my problem though man. i mean, just look at her:

does that face not annoy you? i mean seriously, could she not be anymore obvious? look at that little smile. look at those damn flowers in her hair bro. like c'mon man, she's too obvious. she's just way too blatant.

like, the flowers are just so ridiculous man. top that off with her entire demeanor and her voice. the way she carries herself? the fact that she's "usefull". its just overkill man, its just way too much.

it's like yo...imagine you're on a date with someone you barely know right? she orders ice cream. then she has the fucking audacity to ask for some damn sugar. and not only does she pour half a cup of sugar on her freakin' ice cream but she then has the balls to drown it in chocolate syrup.

you feel what i'm saying?
Apr 20, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2011

MAL needs a block button so i dont have to skim my eyes over such retarded crap. Could you not vomit your trash all over the internet please other people are here.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 20, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2007
Slicer22 said:

MAL needs a block button so i dont have to skim my eyes over such retarded crap. Could you not vomit your trash all over the internet please other people are here.

I think there's a user made script to filter users. I remember seeing a thread months ago in passing about it.
Apr 20, 2013 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

Let me just double check what I saw.

TallonKarrde23 said:
Biribiri is one of the strongest in the entire world let alone Academy City

Okay. I saw that correctly. Biribiri is one of the strongest in Academy City, yes. However, one of the strongest in the world? I guess someone who only watched the Mikoto-related episodes of Index and dropped it afterwards wouldn't know. Biribiri pales in comparison to a large number of characters in the Raildex-verse. You've got characters like Fiamma of the Right, Othinus, Aiwass, and Aleister who could probably one-shot her. Then there are characters like Brunhild Eiktobel who fought her evenly but was obviously holding. Hell, even her magic-side counterpart Thor could kick her ass easily. There are too few characters in Academy City for which superlatives like "one of the strongest in the world" would fit and those are Touma (debatable), Accelerator, Kakine, Aiwass, Hyouka, and Aleister.

ninearts said:

Ok. Now, I am almost positive that this guy is trolling. Let's just leave him be.

Apr 20, 2013 9:25 PM

Jun 2007
CreationBreaker said:

TallonKarrde23 said:
Biribiri is one of the strongest in the entire world let alone Academy City

Okay. I saw that correctly. Biribiri is one of the strongest in Academy City, yes. However, one of the strongest in the world? I guess someone who only watched the Mikoto-related episodes of Index and dropped it afterwards wouldn't know. Biribiri pales in comparison to a large number of characters in the Raildex-verse. You've got characters like Fiamma of the Right, Othinus, Aiwass, and Aleister who could probably one-shot her. Then there are characters like Brunhild Eiktobel who fought her evenly but was obviously holding. Hell, even her magic-side counterpart Thor could kick her ass easily. There are too few characters in Academy City for which superlatives like "one of the strongest in the world" would fit and those are Touma (debatable), Accelerator, Kakine, Aiwass, Hyouka, and Aleister.

I never said strongest esper. She's more powerful than at least 98~99% of the human population on the entire planet, including the military and law enforcement. And yes, this is what I was originally referring to, though even if you can list off 50 others stronger - she's still more powerful than millions and millions of others even if you count only espers, so she's still one of the strongest in the world - both in terms of normal population and esper population, I mean Academy City alone has

total population is about 2.3 million with 80% of them being students and 1/8 of those students living in the city dorms. Of the entire student population, about 60% of them have the ability to demonstrate only a slight amount of psychic ability

60% of 2.3 million people are espers in Academy City ALONE, and Mikoto Misaka is stronger than pretty much that entire 60% - even if you can toss around a few HUNDRED people stronger than her. So outside of there even she's still "one of the strongest in the world". Hell, she's even MORE "one of the strongest in the world" when you include anyone outside of Academy City because you're just raising the total count of people she's compared with - and even if there's thousands of stronger people you're comparing that to what, like 8 billion people total? Having a handful more powerful, or even a few thousand, still leaves her in the very top percentage in the entire human population of the planet. Having someone stronger =/= she is not one of the strongest in the world. I very clearly said 'one of', just reminding you of that.

This is basic numbers - even if I never watched Index OR Railgun I could say this, because the fact is she is one of the strongest human beings in the entire world in the Raildex verse - no matter how many you can name that are stronger because of pure population count. Hell, the fact you CAN name them is just proof enough there are not MILLIONS or BILLIONS of people stronger than her - while in her case she is factually stronger than BILLIONS of people - putting her, factually, into the category of 'one of the strongest people in the world'. This is just like having a billion dollars does not make you nearly "the richest person in the world" (who shits all over 1 billion with almost 80 billion, if I recall - and there are a lot of people with way more than 1b) but it very much makes you "one of the richest people in the world". I know you like to tell me I don't know things because I can't stand Index, and usually I'm open to that because it's true and I'm fine being incorrect and whatever, but this isn't an issue I'm wrong about.
TallonKarrde23Apr 20, 2013 9:49 PM
Apr 20, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2007
Wow this season is fantastic.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 20, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2011
CreationBreaker said:
The scary part is she has no ability (that we know of)...

Sorry to nitpick on your choice of words but… “the scary part”? There's no scary part. Everything about it (and her) is scary.
lalomartinsApr 20, 2013 9:49 PM
Apr 20, 2013 9:49 PM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

I never said strongest ESPer either. You said "one of the strongest" period. Again, she is one of the strongest in Academy City.
However, not in the world. Let's just do the math. She is the .00013 percentile in Academy City (ignoring Hyouka, Aleister, and Aiwass since they aren't part of that population count). By that same percentage, let's just apply that to the rest of the world. I will round down the population to 6 bil. That means that there are at least 7825 people stronger than her. Again, let's cut that down by a factor of 5 to go against my argument a bit. That means ~1500 people in the world. Even if the percentage of people stronger than her is low, there are still a large amount of people that are stronger than her. If you think having 1500 people stronger than you makes you one of the strongest, then you need to check your definitions again.

I know that logic is a bit flawed, but I think you see what I am trying to point out. (Whether you agree is another point entirely). At the same time, let's not forget the fact that about 40% of the named characters in the series could beat her in a straight fight and the fact that the differences between Mugino and Mikoto are infinitesmal.

Apr 20, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2007
CreationBreaker said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I never said strongest ESPer either. You said "one of the strongest" period. Again, she is one of the strongest in Academy City.
However, not in the world. Let's just do the math. She is the .00013 percentile in Academy City (ignoring Hyouka, Aleister, and Aiwass since they aren't part of that population count). By that same percentage, let's just apply that to the rest of the world. I will round down the population to 6 bil. That means that there are at least 7825 people stronger than her. Again, let's cut that down by a factor of 5 to go against my argument a bit. That means ~1500 people in the world. Even if the percentage of people stronger than her is low, there are still a large amount of people that are stronger than her. If you think having 1500 people stronger than you makes you one of the strongest, then you need to check your definitions again.

I know that logic is a bit flawed, but I think you see what I am trying to point out. (Whether you agree is another point entirely). At the same time, let's not forget the fact that about 40% of the named characters in the series could beat her in a straight fight and the fact that the differences between Mugino and Mikoto are infinitesmal.

But the definition of "one of the strongest" would simply be "someone within the top percentage".

You're arguing semantics and arguing them incorrectly. Being weaker than 1500 people out of 6 billion is definitely "one of the strongest" - or do you not consider people with a billion dollars - or hundreds of millions - to be some of the richest people in the world? After all, there are people with over 50 billion, one billion or anything less - even 900 million or so, is average to you? "Just kinda high"? No, these are 'some of the richest people on the planet' because in comparison to the BILLIONS below them they are high and above them.

You're right - the logic is flawed in your post - as in it's fucking WRONG.

It's like this:
(Everyone) 6,000,000,000 : 1500 (Biribiri is here)

1500 out of 6,000,000,000 is not exactly a big fucking number. There's no way you can claim that's not 'one of the strongest' - if you keep claiming so you're just playing dumb to avoid admitting I'm right. I usually hate when people say shit like that - but come the fuck on, you're acting really stupid about this.

_______1,500.

You can't say that's not the very top. Even if there was ONE MILLION PEOPLE stronger than her she'd be one of the strongest people on the planet. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of simple numbers that even I can handle understanding and I fucking blow with numbers.
TallonKarrde23Apr 20, 2013 10:00 PM
Apr 20, 2013 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

I will just concede defeat to you then.

If we were arguing "one of the strongest characters in the series", then I would have a case. However, you stated "one of the strongest people" in the Raildex world. As such, you are right.

Apr 21, 2013 12:16 AM

Aug 2011
Good episode, that Engrish girl was pretty creepy, and yet awesome in an unique way at the end of the episode! Bucozzu...

Saten as a dog sniffing human, how shocking! Had no idea.

Kuruok's voice recording was just genius act from her, love how she trick the dorm supervisor.

Also the ED1 for this show is really sweet, as expected for this show. <3
Apr 21, 2013 1:02 AM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I will just concede defeat to you then.

If we were arguing "one of the strongest characters in the series", then I would have a case. However, you stated "one of the strongest people" in the Raildex world. As such, you are right.
Well all of the above is like saying that Yamcha is one of the strongest people on Earth in DBZ which is of course true but he is WAY far below the top.It doesnt really mean anything or proves something about her.

And unless Touma got an upgrade in his power in NT5-6,there is no way to defeat her in a fight where Mikasa is actually trying(same for the other Lvl 5s too).
ssjokgApr 21, 2013 1:09 AM
Apr 21, 2013 1:06 AM

Jan 2012
I want one of those "onee-sama voice collection"
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.