Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 3, 2010 3:03 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, Tanaka had a tough life ...
Jul 10, 2010 8:10 AM

Mar 2010
No wonder Takano became such a troubled adult..After all that.But how did she escape from the guy whose finger she bit?
Aug 25, 2010 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
Takano was so cute as a child.

But I hate her.
Sep 13, 2010 5:16 PM
Dec 2007
Quite interesting, I never caught on to the fact that the reason the Hinamizawa Syndrome was never admitted was because they didn't want to believe a parasite could affect a human's thought process. Admitting such a thing would esentially create a scapegoat for everyone's actions and people could rightfully wonder, maybe this genocide was caused because of a parasite, or the root of this racism was a parasite, and so on. Interesting, and pretty true.

Oct 16, 2010 12:01 PM

Jun 2009
Hanyu in the op!! Yay!! I don't usually say things like this but even thought Takano suffer a lot and all of that I won't forget her for what she just did, maybe just maybe if she changes I will forgive her but how things are going she is in my black list
Oct 25, 2010 2:18 AM

Nov 2009
I can't believe social services had Takano go live under the care of someone like that >_> Feel sorry for her but as everyone else has already said, it doesn't excuse her actions at all :I Maybe explains them, but it doesn't excuse them.
Nov 24, 2010 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
Well that explains why Takano is so messed up. Also, I'm guessing her 'grandfather' was the doctor who discovered the Hinamizawa syndrome during the war.
Nov 26, 2010 1:20 PM

Sep 2010
hmm so Takano had a horrible childhood ... I feel slight contempt, but not enough for me to like her

finger bitten off - OWW

Dec 20, 2010 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
What's with the new little kid characters? I thought that blond haired chick was Takano but when she said her full name in the en i was like wait what? Oh wait nvm i guess that was her... wow she had a horrible past life. . . poor kids! That guy is worse than Sataco's Uncle! I think it was so epic when she bit his finger! It was like so gross but awesome! lol anyway i cant wait to see the NEW Hinimizawa with EVERYONE else! 'the main characters' ahaha X'D all in all it was a great episode even though it was all about Takano =) she was so cute as a little kid X3
Dec 22, 2010 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
Kittenia said:
Hanyuu ~ <3
Aaaaannndddd, I always wondered who that crying girl was, in the opening. I thought it was, perhaps Satoko? But her hair, seemed rather different, now I'm convinced it's most likely Takano. :0

Yeah, that's what I think now, too.

If there's nothing more I like than a heartless villain, it's a heartless villain with some good, meaty back story behind them. This actually made me understand Takano and like her a little, and even feel a little sorry for her - but I feel her angry prayer was granted and twisted around to something much worse - the happiness she wanted was twisted into something evil and unbecoming. So while I like Takano for her character development and heartless murdering side, I still dislike what she has become. Blehhhh.

New OP bits are also exciting to see. :)
Dec 27, 2010 5:55 AM

Apr 2010
I hate Takano and I found this episode really boring @.@

Jan 1, 2011 3:07 PM

May 2009
-kassy- said:

Same here.
Apr 14, 2011 5:06 AM

Oct 2010
D:
what happened to Takano?
Jun 19, 2011 12:56 PM

Jun 2010
Not the best cliffhanger to end it at...
"OMG! Is she going to die from the lightning!? Oh, no wait, this entire episode is a flashback. She'll live, Unfortunately."

I died laughing at the preview for the next episode! (no actual spoiler inside, just to save space)
Jul 1, 2011 9:51 AM

Oct 2010
Zfish9 said:
Not the best cliffhanger to end it at...
"OMG! Is she going to die from the lightning!? Oh, no wait, this entire episode is a flashback. She'll live, Unfortunately."

I died laughing at the preview for the next episode! (no actual spoiler inside, just to save space)

Lol, at the spoiler tag, and yea, the ending wasn't the best, but man... that guy deserves to get his thumb bitten off!!!
Apr 23, 2012 12:13 AM

Nov 2011
After the atrocities that was the past 3/4 episodes, this episode was pretty good. Too bad that maniacal laugh at the end ruined nearly all the development given to Takano.
Jun 14, 2012 4:12 PM

May 2012
That orphanage was so fucked up. Where's Johan Liebert when you need him?!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
I don't want to feel bad for Takano, but it's hard not to. The poor thing. It's no justification for her actions though (at least right now).

This episode was kinda boring to me though~ I wanna go back to Keiichi and Rika!
fishergirl16Jun 30, 2012 2:55 PM
Aug 3, 2012 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
i wonder why her grandfather didnt take care of her after her parents dead ... or may be he was already dead at that time ... but how Takano could run away from the guy in the forest after biting his fingers ? !! it seems that he would kill her at that time
Aug 13, 2012 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
-kassy- said:

Agreed. I like how she had a backstory, but it seemed kind of halfbaked, especially since they already used the child abuse plot device with Satoko.

Ah well, hopefully mect episode will be better.
Dec 25, 2012 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man, Hanyuu in the opening?
A+
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Jan 3, 2013 12:39 AM
Apr 2012
Even at a young age Takano didn't take shit! She bites dudes fingers off, challenges gods (twice; next ep as well) out runs a gang of adult men many times..

Bad ass kid
Jan 30, 2013 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
Beedlebud said:
-kassy- said:

Agreed. I like how she had a backstory, but it seemed kind of halfbaked, especially since they already used the child abuse plot device with Satoko.

Ah well, hopefully mect episode will be better.

I think the same, child abuse again -_-
Jun 19, 2013 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
i don't know either to feel bad for takano or not at all..

oh and that preview, Hauu hauu started to show its true colors >.<
Jul 11, 2013 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
Again with the child abuse. Stop it! It makes me cringe so much.

Still I don't get it why Takano can be so cruel when she says she wants a nice life?
Probably hungry for money, power.. And that godlust.

I guess it was a nice episode, but not really one of my faves, but that could just be because I don't really like Takano. Even though she has a sad background, it's not enough for me to pity her, I still want her dead. She only cares about money and power in my eyes, and I will never forgive her for shooting off the whole gang in the previous episode.
Jul 31, 2013 10:39 PM

May 2012
At least we know now a little why Takano wants to be a god or something..
Aug 10, 2013 5:28 PM

May 2013
I like the child version of Takano, but I hate what she became as an adult.
Aug 21, 2013 11:23 PM

Feb 2011
Takano: The Origins.

How easily weak people blame God, destiny or others for their misfortune. I still can´t feel sorry for her, and truly hope she pays for her sins.
Oct 5, 2013 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
gutsyGumshoe said:
Oh man, Hanyuu in the opening?
A+
I hope she'll finally show the true meaning of Oyashiro-sama's curse in this arc, to whoever happens to deserve it in the end. (I'm still voting for Takano plus any of her bosses in this regard.)
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Nov 17, 2013 8:31 PM

Jun 2013
I don't care how much she suffered in her childhood. It's no excuse to become a heartless bitch and shoot children/wipe out villages when you grow up. All Takano deserves is having her head split open by Rena's cleaver!
Dec 23, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
An episode in order to make the audience have empathy for Takano after all that she has done... Well consider me empathizing
Feb 25, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
1. love the direction the series has taken… explaining the past.

2. Intense takano backstory, especially at the end. My faith in anime has been renewed once again.

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 24, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
oh no my childhood was bad better start gutting children and murdering numerous amounts of people
Yo
Apr 24, 2014 3:42 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, I'll be honest I didn't expect the new arc to start like this.
May 2, 2014 1:00 AM

Jan 2014
Nice past episode.
But I don't think that that bad childhood triggered Takano's God Complex, it is simply the power she had.
Childhood may be a justification..

But I didn't empathized with her that much, even though that was quite a good story.

To think that Tomitake was involved with the government in the first season was quite impossible to think ahah

And by the way, I'm in love with that ending.
May 22, 2014 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
I want to know why she is doing what she is doing. Her back story might have something to do with it.
Jun 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Despite what I said at the first episode of Kai, I'm growing fond of the OP song and it was nice to see that new scenes in it!

Getting background info on villains is always essential on good character building, and Higurashi is quite good at that.
As for I already like Takano somehow, I don't feel bad empathizing with her seeing her childhood.

dat end "professional wrestling" xD
Aug 16, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Making you sympathize with the bad guy is one of the worst writing crutches used in Japanese media, it's just as bad as a fist of the north star villain.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Oct 6, 2014 2:28 AM
Dec 2011
i feel sorry for you miyo but i still hate you for what you did to that tiny village i hate you even more after this if it is possible :3 when god gave you a chance this is what you do to innocent people ??

miyo you have suffered a lot, you know pain you should understand what is suffering and how much it hurts when somebody hurts you but instead you became a bully yourself a maniac just like this crazy men in orphanage :3
Oct 6, 2014 2:30 AM
Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Seeker said:
Despite Takano being the bad guy--er, girl, she is one of my favorite characters in this entire show. She's part of what makes it interesting. Sure, I guess the stabbing-shocking-cutting-killing action is more thrilling sometimes than the story, but Takano's characters adds some complexity to the mix, something I like to see in non-children anime.

And I can relate to Takano's ambition of wanting to become, essentially, god. The only thing wrong with it is we know, partly because the "godlust" is cliche, she'll fail. And I guess people love to see others fail in their ambitions, which is why someone like cyruz will say that she'll get what's coming to her. (Of course, it could also be because cyruz thinks Takano's a b!tch.)
But Takano Miyo IS a bloody b!tch. Ever since the first season all she's been doing is laughing like a possesed maniac while giving off evil maniac vibes with every word she said. Oh, and screwing with people's minds.
completely 100% agreed ! :3
Oct 30, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, that was an interesting episode because I was curious about Miyo motivation behind all this. It look like she lost her way... Don't lose you waaaay~
Also, what's happened to guy she shew the thumb? And after that lightning? :O

So I wasn't the only one who noticed that weird frame with Hanyuu evil eyes. In that frame, she really look like a demonic entity, but those horns were kinda a dead giveaway. Also, is it me or it look like she took physical form at the end of OP? That's weird.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 7, 2014 9:59 PM

Nov 2013
Eh, this episode felt too twisted. I hardly understood anything. > _ <

3/5

Nov 18, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2014
Uchihafan25 said:
That orphanage was so fucked up. Where's Johan Liebert when you need him?!

best thing ive read alllllll day!! xD
Mar 24, 2015 7:39 AM
Nov 2014
Decent backstory about Takano's life.

She be biting dem security guards finger :P
Apr 30, 2015 1:55 PM

May 2012
LunarEmerald said:
If that was a prediction then you wouldn't know things like C103. You've read the pieces thread at AnimeSuki and the Matsuribayashi summary on wikipedia. You shouldn't post future spoilers here.

Pieces thread on animesuki? Got a link?
May 5, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
Okay yes Takano had a sad life, but still don't feel sorry for her. She's got to go.
May 18, 2015 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
memorieswithin said:
Takano was so cute as a child.

But I hate her.

^Straight to the point! lol.

We got Takano's back story. Tragic, but it was no justification for slaughtering a band of teens. Does she realize she's repeating the cycle of hatred? Power has a way of blinding people.

Not much to say after that. The next episode should be interesting.
May 28, 2015 12:24 AM

Feb 2013
Kira killed Takano's parents! Damn you Kira!

No but seriously, Takano had a really messed up childhood, no wonder shes so fucking crazy.

I still want her to die though :D.
May 28, 2015 1:22 AM

Aug 2014
Shape430 said:
I still want her to die though :D.

That smiley at the end made your sentence slightly disturbing :d

But ya, Takano has been through a hell lot and I can understand why she acted the way she did. Still deserves to at least get punished or something for everything her previous world selves did :d
Jul 31, 2015 4:08 PM
Jun 2014
Typical crap in animes such as this. Creating a super evil villain, and suddenly throw a super sappy flashback about his/her all so tragic life in our faces in order for us to sympatize with her. Sorry, but that shit doesn't work on me, and i can't help but view it as stupid and pointless.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.