Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Kyoukai no Kanata' to be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 1, 2013 7:00 AM

Oct 2007
TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Glad to see something is coming from this, I had read somewhere that the original PV was actually just to advertise the novel which had me kind of disappointed. I have never really liked many Kyoto anime, besides Nichijou and FMP, but this looks good.

After Free was just an ad for the company and all the viral marketing crap Kyoani has been involved in over the years (anyone remember Haruhi season 2 exists but then doesn't exists and then we're not going to tell anybody about the new episodes, but we'll just casually leak that it's an unknown episode title to the TV station guide......) I've stopped taking any claims they make at face value. This looks like a move done to generate hype though I think they cried wolf maybe one to many times now cause it looks like everybody everywhere is kind of just like, "Oh yeah I remember this, figured it'd be announced for Fall".

bippo said:
^ Ehh we don't know yet. Expect it to be sometime next year if kyoani will put out chuunibyou this autumn.

It will be great if it airs this autumn though. Kyoani's counter-attack for SHAFT's monogatari series since the story is like monogatari. *spoiler*

On second thought, it would be great if chuuni and this aired at the same season!!!

Christ don't start the whole Kyoani vs. SHAFT crap up here again like it's /a. There's more to anime then just the incredibly stupid imagined war between these two fanboy favorites. It's bloody insulting when people come out with this crap and act like nothing else matters and oh boy we need a right proper counter to the mighty SHAFT and it's Monogatari series in Fall and only the mighty and righteous Kyoto Animation can provide it or whatever it is you are trying to imply. Just stop it please.

Anyway this does look potentially interesting and like it might involve some drama which if I'm being honest it feels like I haven't seen from Kyoani almost ever.....maybe parts of the Haruhi movie. I kind of consider the KEY more of an emotional tugging melodrama rather than a straight drama and the whole guy solving girls problems they also used for Chuunibyou thing as well didn't really cut it for me as drama. Something about this looks different though, like it has it's own visual style that is somewhat distinct from what I'm used to from Kyoani. And no that's not an invite for Kyoani fans to come crawling out of the woodwork to try and argue with me or recommend what they feel is good drama from Kyoani to me, I don't care, I'll look somewhere else cause I know there are other sources for anime out there.

Speaking of which, Fall looks like a really deep season with a lot of different offerings from a lot of sources, but I'll probably be checking this out with some actual hopes for a show I finish for a change.
Aug 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Sep 2012
To be honest, I really wonder if bippo is one of those warmongers who are so despised in places like 2ch when he keeps using those military ters like "counter-attack" "kill" and even "rape" to fan the flames for confrontation.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
This looks like a move done to generate hype though I think they cried wolf maybe one to many times now cause it looks like everybody everywhere is kind of just like, "Oh yeah I remember this, figured it'd be announced for Fall".
Who are "they" who cried wolf I wonder? KyoAni? The way you put it makes it like KyoAni went on some sleazy marketing that makes unrealistically exaggerated claims and serve something else instead (hence "cry wolf"), but all they did is just to raise awareness of coming news and gathers attention.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 1, 2013 8:40 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
To be honest, I really wonder if bippo is one of those warmongers who are so despised in places like 2ch when he keeps using those military ters like "counter-attack" "kill" and even "rape" to fan the flames for confrontation.

You'd think it's like a sport of something with imaginary rules and points to be won. I don't get it but I feel like I'm dealing with fans of sports teams or something.

Who are "they" who cried wolf I wonder? KyoAni? The way you put it makes it like KyoAni went on some sleazy marketing that makes unrealistically exaggerated claims and serve something else instead (hence "cry wolf"), but all they did is just to raise awareness of coming news and gathers attention.

Anyway yeah I thought about the use of cry wolf and realized I didn't have any better metaphor I could think of for what I was pointing out. Basically the whole teasing marketing style of denial or showing a teaser like it's just some sort of commercial thing isn't working as well anymore in generating hype because people expect it from them. It really hasn't worked since that bizarre second Haruhi season scheme.
Aug 1, 2013 8:54 AM

Apr 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
After Free was just an ad for the company and all the viral marketing crap Kyoani has been involved in over the years (anyone remember Haruhi season 2 exists but then doesn't exists and then we're not going to tell anybody about the new episodes, but we'll just casually leak that it's an unknown episode title to the TV station guide......) I've stopped taking any claims they make at face value. This looks like a move done to generate hype though I think they cried wolf maybe one to many times now cause it looks like everybody everywhere is kind of just like, "Oh yeah I remember this, figured it'd be announced for Fall".

Free was in production for at least one full year as evidenced by Animation Do hosting the two sketches Director Utsumi drew in early 2012. The swimming CM and the series have little to do with each other besides staff working on something similar to sharpen their skills before main production began on the series.

Haruhi's promotional tactics were devised by Kadokawa. If you have any complaints, point them at Kadokawa, not KyoAni since they were the ones who canceled a second season and called it new titles like "new animation" in order to make the movie. It has nothing to do with KyoAni.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
You'd think it's like a sport of something with imaginary rules and points to be won. I don't get it but I feel like I'm dealing with fans of sports teams or something.

Speaking for myself only, I personally don't care if you like whatever or don't like whatever. That's your own opinion and you have a right to it. It's only when you continue to spout incorrect facts like you've done with Haruhi on this page where people like jmal and myself come in to correct you like I've done here. It's not saying "oh KyoAni is perfect," or "you are horribly wrong," it's "you're wrong on these points as shown by evidence."
Aug 1, 2013 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
Ejc said:
Hmm... I wonder what that "4" mean?
I think it means that the show will be a 4/10. I could be wrong, though.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 1, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Araby said:
Ejc said:
Or 4/5.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 1, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
Araby said:
Ejc said:
Or 4/5.
Touche, haha.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 1, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
deezet34 said:
Kyoukai no Kanata Teaser site..

http://megane.anime-kyokai.com/

:O

Ooooo is this a countdown? Will it turn to "3" with a different character tomorrow? That would be neat.
[center]
Aug 1, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2013
Count me in!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2013 12:01 AM

Mar 2013

YUPPPPP, IT DOES TURN TO 3..
YIPPIEEEE...
XD
Aug 2, 2013 12:32 AM

Feb 2012
So it's really the days... Chances for a Fall release just got higher :D
Aug 2, 2013 1:35 AM
Aug 2011
Oh happy days.
Aug 2, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
Happy that my gut instinct is vindicated.

Aug 2, 2013 12:44 PM

Jan 2011
These things usually end with a PV, can't wait for that.
[center]
Aug 2, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
VioLink said:
It'll likely be the opening of the bare-bones version of the website (staff listing, maybe cast) with the first key visual and announcement that the PV will be shown at Comiket 84 next weekend.
Aug 2, 2013 2:40 PM

Mar 2013
VioLink said:
ultimatemegax said:
VioLink said:
It'll likely be the opening of the bare-bones version of the website (staff listing, maybe cast) with the first key visual and announcement that the PV will be shown at Comiket 84 next weekend.

another quizz, ehh??
i hope it'll end up with announcement of the airing date..
:3
Aug 2, 2013 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
Aug 3, 2013 12:02 AM

Mar 2013
Aug 3, 2013 12:14 AM

Jan 2011
[Hype intensifies]
[center]
Aug 3, 2013 7:33 AM
Jun 2011
I read vol.1 and vol.2 of Kyokai no Kanata novels a month ago.
I feel Story and its atmosphere are a little bit different from what you think now if you only watch TV spot. Probably some people will disappoint this.
It has lots of funny conversations, I think that is why they choose this art design. But those aspects are very attractive element of this novel.

Honestly, serious part is mediocre. I wasn't very excited by battle and not surprised by entire plots. Their spiritual abilities are common and stereotypical for light novels or same genre manga/anime, even shounen.
I guess some people will prefer humorous and optimistic conversations in Kyoukai no Kanata. I enjoyed those things.

vol.2 is much funner than vol.1 for me because vol.1 was written to win awards but vol.2 is what author truly want to write.
So...later part of anime will be better? I don't know.

In conclusion, I DON'T think Kyoukai no Kanata will be big hit like Haruhi/Railgun/SAO/Bakemonogatari, but I am looking forward to this anime adaption. I hope anime adaption makes battle part visualize and more enjoyable with voices and sounds.
Aug 3, 2013 7:50 AM
Sep 2012
^ Just a reminder that in chuu2koi's case, they redid some of the parts of the original LN and added some new characters as well. This might not be the case for this show but I think it is safe to assume kyoani will do some retouch again. Although I personally prefer if they will just adapt it the way it is.
Aug 3, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2010
2 days! so hyped.
Aug 4, 2013 12:01 AM

Mar 2013
anddd... here's the one...

dat thigh... :B
Aug 4, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2011

I am starting to see where they are going with this. Can't wait for the new desktop wallpaper when they are finished.
[center]
Aug 4, 2013 1:17 AM

Mar 2013
VioLink said:

I am starting to see where they are going with this. Can't wait for the new desktop wallpaper when they are finished.

wow,, i'm just realized that they can be put together like that.. :o
good move..
Aug 4, 2013 5:05 PM
Oct 2012
Amarrez said:
Can't wait for some delusional people to think that the Swimming CM might get expanded into a proper series because of this.

yeah... yeah that'll never happen, god.
Aug 5, 2013 12:02 AM

Mar 2013
it's 16:01:39 JST
but,, nothing's change ini teaser site..
Aug 5, 2013 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
deezet34 said:

Hmmmm maybe its taking longer because they need to upload more stuff than just the picture.
[center]
Aug 5, 2013 12:40 AM

Mar 2013
VioLink said:
deezet34 said:

Hmmmm maybe its taking longer because they need to upload more stuff than just the picture.
VanishingKira said:
And here I am wait...

or maybe we're just being trolled? :O

what took you so long kyoani??
@.@
Aug 5, 2013 2:03 AM

Nov 2007
The website has been updated now. Confirms that Kyoukai no Kanata will start airing in October 2013, as in Fall 2013 season.

http://anime-kyokai.com/

Further information on Kyoukai no Kanata will be in the September issues of the "Animedia" and "Animage" magazines on August 10th.

雑誌掲載情報(8/10発売)
2013年08月5日 18時00分 newカテゴリ:メディア情報
8月10日(土)発売の以下の2誌にTVアニメ『境界の彼方』の記事が掲載されています。
是非ご覧下さい!
■ アニメディア 9月号
■ 月刊アニメージュ 9月号

Official Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/anime_kyokai/

Official Twitter hashtag:
#kyo_kai
EjcAug 5, 2013 2:22 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 5, 2013 2:41 AM

Mar 2013
Ejc said:
The website has been updated now. Confirms that Kyoukai no Kanata will start airing in October 2013, as in Fall 2013 season.

Further information on Kyoukai no Kanata will be in the September issues of the "Animedia" and "Animage" magazines on August 10th.

雑誌掲載情報(8/10発売)
2013年08月5日 18時00分 newカテゴリ:メディア情報
8月10日(土)発売の以下の2誌にTVアニメ『境界の彼方』の記事が掲載されています。
是非ご覧下さい!
■ アニメディア 9月号
■ 月刊アニメージュ 9月号

#kyo_kai

yippiiiee...
stil,l no new PV yet?
Aug 5, 2013 2:47 AM

Aug 2012
Ejc said:

#kyo_kai

That's great :)
Aug 5, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2013
The Staff:

Director: Taichi Ishidate
Writer: Jukki Hanada
Character design: Miku Kadowaki
Art director: Mikiko Watanabe
Color design: Kana Miyata
Accessory design: Hiroyuki Takahashi
Youmu design: Seiichi Akitake
Photography director: Ryuuta Nakagami
Sound director: Yota Tsuruoka
Aug 5, 2013 3:02 AM
Jun 2011
both of Directer and Character Designer are new face. 石立太一 and 門脇未来

Past Taichi Ishidate's job as story board and directer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlNlbTiyQXU
Aug 5, 2013 3:17 AM

Nov 2011
Nice to know about this again.

CM again:
Aug 5, 2013 5:22 AM

Dec 2007
^Thats great will be added to my fall list (which is very full right now ^^;) and hopefully this will get people off Free's back..
Aug 5, 2013 7:49 AM

Jan 2011
Ejc said:

That visual looks absolutely beautiful.
VioLinkAug 5, 2013 12:38 PM
[center]
Aug 5, 2013 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
Wow did not see this airing next season.

KyoAni's been on a roll since Hyouka.
Aug 5, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
wow a kyo ani animation that has potential to not suck ass and not be the exact same show they have been making over and over again for 5 years?

Shit what dimension did i end up in.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 5, 2013 8:46 AM

Feb 2012
jmal said:
That accounts for every announced title we're aware of, so I'm really really excited to find out what they have coming after that.
Same.

I'm keeping a close eye on all the honorable mentions in their yearly KyoAni awards since that's where most of their works have been.
Aug 5, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Their output has definitely been higher than usual. They're still sticking to one TV show airing at a time, but with less skipped seasons. They've been active in:
Spring 2012
Summer 2012
Fall 2012
Winter 2013
--no spring
Summer 2013
Fall 2013

6 out of 7 seasons, and Fall has both Kyoukai and the Chuunibyou movie.

If Chuunibyou 2 is Winter, it extends to 7 of 8, though I have a feeling they'll take winter off (or hell maybe KyouKana is 2 cour, though I doubt that) and air Chuunibyou 2 in Spring. That accounts for every announced title we're aware of, so I'm really really excited to find out what they have coming after that.
The reason they're able to produce more is due to a higher amount of top staff being given chances to do shows. Let's expand on your chart:

Spring 12' - Takemoto/Gatoh/Nishiya
Summer 12' - Takemoto/Gatoh/Nishiya
Fall 12' - Ishihara/Hanada/Ikeda (K)
Winter 13' - Yamada/Yoshida/Horiguchi
Spring 13' - Break
Summer 13' - Utsumi/Yokotani/Nishiya (and Ishihara/Hanada/Ikeda(K))
Fall 13' - Ishidate/Hanada/Kadowaki

5 different directors, 4 different series composers, and 4 different chief animation directors. They're able to give the top jobs to more people now, so we should see a good consistent flow of work from them. In the past, they were limited to the Takemoto/Ishihara combination (with Kigami/Yamamoto getting a series each) before Yamada broke in with K-On!. Now we see a good split and Do staff taking on responsibilities (Ikeda/Utsumi/Kadowaki).

I also feel they'll take Winter off barring another original series we know nothing about. Chuunibyou's movie is ripe for a March release on disc to tie in with a second season airing in April. This gives them time to finalize the story and begin work anew.
Aug 5, 2013 9:11 AM

Apr 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
wow a kyo ani animation that has potential to not suck ass and not be the exact same show they have been making over and over again for 5 years?
Aside from the fact that "sucking ass" is a matter of personal preference, I think that jmal's post to a similar remark (which I just noticed was made by you) serves as more than enough of a rebuttal to the latter portion of your comment:
jmal said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Havent you noticed for the past 4 years they have been making the exact same shows over and over again?

No I haven't noticed that because it's not remotely true by any stretch of the imagination. 2009-2012 has been:
Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai (TV+film)
K-ON! (!+!!+film)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2k9+film+ONA)
Nichijou
Hyouka
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

If you believe they are all the same, you are fundamentally incapable of evaluating fiction in a fair and meaningful way, and nothing I say is likely to help you.
Seriously, try explaining how K-On, Munto, Nichijou, Hyouka, or Chuunibyou are similar other than a remote semblance in art styles.

On a side note, though I haven't fact checked it, I'd say that this may also be of use to you:

Shit what dimension did i end up in.
Our Generation, home of the best anime to come out in recent times~
AndyRayyAug 5, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 5, 2013 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
AndyRayy said:
Seriously, try explaining how K-On, Munto, Nichijou, Hyouka, or Chuunibyou are similar other than a remote semblance in art styles.
I don't know what Munto is, but the rest are moe shows with a school setting. Well, that wasn't so hard. I'm not saying that they are the same, but it's certainly not difficult to draw similarities.

*I mean "moe" as more of a feeling, rather than a genre. Hopefully that's acceptable, lol.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 5, 2013 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
Araby said:
AndyRayy said:
I don't know what Munto is, but the rest are moe shows with a school setting. Well, that wasn't so hard. I'm not saying that they are the same, but it's certainly not difficult to draw similarities.
Indeed you can draw similarities other than the one I mentioned, but I meant it as a direct challenge to his statement that "they have been making the exact same shows over and over again."

Yes, they are all moe shows (which is actually what I was referring to with the art style bit, though the term "moe show" is still too vague to apply as a single label). Trust me: I'm more aware of the fact that moe is so much more than western fans make it out to be that it isn't funny. However, for discussion purposes on MAL, I use the general idea of moe as "a cute art style" since that's what everyone else has melded the word into.

And they do take place in a school setting to varying extents...but you can't really use that as a similarity as opposed to a general trope found in many recent anime. Heck, people always beg for more Full Metal Panic, but I'm pretty sure that takes place in a school to some extent as well.

K-On is a schoolgirl comedy with a bit of musical flare, Munto is a fantasy tale that, for whatever reason, people seem to forget even exists, Nichijou is a gag-based, over the top comedy show, Hyouka is a mystery series with a slight romantic flare, and Chuunibyou is a romantic comedy between a seemingly crazed girl and a somewhat normal guy.

Do those really sound the same other than the fact that they share remotely similar art styles and settings (except Munto)?

*I mean "moe" as more of a feeling, rather than a genre. Hopefully that's acceptable, lol.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when something says something like "I hate the moe genre!!!" seeing as how it isn't a genre in itself. So that's quite acceptable indeed, good Sir.

Aug 5, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
Really looking forward to this. Fall season is looking pretty great.

____

Topic Locked.
Please move discussion of this series to the most recent news thread or to your profiles, as necessary.
KinetaAug 6, 2013 2:21 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
7 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

5 by Maumuu »»
10 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.