Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2013 5:45 AM

Jun 2011
SaekoBusu said:
Ducat_Revel said:
Are there anymore questions on the methods? Any disapproving scowls looking down on our noble quest to enlighten the masses? If not, should we get started yet?
I'm ready whenever you guys are.

I'm good to go as well. I'm sure this will be a massive work-in-progress, so it'd probably be best to just learn as we go along.

We have to decide on the anime for our very first review, see who's interested in being on that title, and then I think we can start from there.
Apr 1, 2013 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
Ghost in the Shell (movie) is probably an anime title I'd love to work on.

Although, I'd like to hear other suggestions and other writers first before I jump into this. This shouldn't be the only review proposition.
Apr 1, 2013 6:47 AM

Jun 2011
Ducat_Revel said:
Ghost in the Shell (movie) is probably an anime title I'd love to work on.

Ha, I actually just wrote a paper on that movie. It's far from useable as a review though, there's like, two pages on the Ghost City scene alone, and none of it laid out in review format.

Plus, I don't know that we should be tackling that behemoth of a classic right off the get-go. Though I would love to do that review at some point. For now, I suggest going for something a little more modern, or perhaps something that's grabbed a bit of popularity. We could do Gankutsuou, Kaiba, Usagi Drop.

Or for contrast, we could do a negative review. I would absolutely love to demolish Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!, because the top review on that page is grossly misinformed, and the second top review is just straight up lying.
Apr 1, 2013 7:12 AM

Oct 2012
ForgoneReality said:
I don't know that we should be tackling that behemoth of a classic right off the get-go. Though I would love to do that review at some point. For now, I suggest going for something a little more modern, or perhaps something that's grabbed a bit of popularity. We could do Gankutsuou, Kaiba, Usagi Drop.

Good point. A titan like GitS would be a tricky start.
Apr 1, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
We'll be watching Red Line in this Thursday's stream, that's always an opportunity to take advantage of.

I'll let the writers give the input on what they'd like to write about as I'm just an editor ^_^
Apr 2, 2013 2:28 AM

Feb 2012
The Original Post Has Been Updated, It holds information regarding all people who wish to be part of the review productions, PLEASE READ IT and REPLY HERE.
Apr 2, 2013 2:46 AM

Oct 2012
If ForgoneReality really wants Kaiba, then I'll swap mine to Mind Game. I wasn't too sure with Kaiba in the first place.
Apr 2, 2013 3:13 AM

Feb 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
If ForgoneReality really wants Kaiba, then I'll swap mine to Mind Game. I wasn't too sure with Kaiba in the first place.

Alright, I've updated it ^_^
Apr 2, 2013 3:16 AM

Oct 2012
SaekoBusu said:
Ducat_Revel said:

Alright, I've updated it ^_^

Thanks. All we have to do now is to wait for buyers editors who want to deal with the titles.
Ducat_RevelApr 2, 2013 3:22 AM
Apr 2, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2013
About the titles, among those selected i only know Usagi drop so i can't really comment writer's choices. If possible and if those are really to be chosen i'd like to have the time (one week or two?) to watch Afro Samourai and/or Tatami Galaxy and be part of the edition teams.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Apr 2, 2013 3:53 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks for updating. Now I know what reviews to prioritize.

Quick question, when do we start these reviews? I say this due to my schedule, and I don't wan to let you guys down.
Apr 2, 2013 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
Count me in for editing Tatami Galaxy and Kaiba reviews.
Apr 2, 2013 4:07 AM

Feb 2012
VentusCross said:
Thanks for updating. Now I know what reviews to prioritize.

Quick question, when do we start these reviews? I say this due to my schedule, and I don't wan to let you guys down.

As a writer, you're capable of working around your own schedule, we're still looking to hear back from more of the editors however, if there's one title among all others that you'd prefer to publish, or you feel would bring out the best in you, feel free to lead with that.

I'll be updating Author/Title/Editors, so that we'll be able to see what the production teams behind our first reviews will look like, we're not in any rush if you want my personal opinion =]
Apr 2, 2013 5:59 AM

Jun 2012
I can write reviews for the relations list entries as well as the unremarkable ones, but my syntax and vocabulary aren't perfect so I'd have to leave most of the "refining" to the editors, if that's fine.
Apr 2, 2013 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
^
I'd love to participate in spicing up relations reviews, so count me in for that. Of course, my writing skills aren't quite Miltonic, but I'll see what I can do.
Apr 2, 2013 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
I'd say it's more than fine Valk, I love to see this kind of interest from everyone.
Apr 2, 2013 6:45 AM

Jun 2011
In regards to writing, if we do Usagi Drop, I'm good to start shortly. For Kaiba, I'll have to re-watch it, which would really only add a couple days before beginning. Like you said though, I really don't think we're in any rush. The Review Account is still going through the approval process right now anyway.
Apr 2, 2013 7:36 AM

Feb 2012
Hey guys I'll be on the IRC all day today if anyone needs to get a hold of me or has any questions, etc.

Link: http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Channel: AnimeUberElite
Apr 2, 2013 11:23 AM

Nov 2011
I can definitely do the art portion of Usagi drop- I have a lot to say for that one and it's pretty watercolor pallete.

I can also watch Afro Samurai today. Been meaning to watch it. I recall the animation impressing me in previews.
Apr 2, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Amberleh said:
Afro Samurai[...]I recall the animation impressing me in previews.

That's pretty much the only thing that impressed me about Afro Samurai. Well, OK, that and Samuel L. Jackson's performance.
Apr 2, 2013 2:21 PM

Dec 2011
I could to edit Usagi Drop, Tatami Galaxy, or Afro Samurai. If it's not absolutely necessary that I have to have seen it, then I'd also like to edit for Casshern Sins or Kaiba if a 2nd stage editor is still needed.
Apr 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Sep 2012
I was planning to watch Mind Game for a little while now, so I could get that done and edit for it.
Apr 2, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2013
Just finish watching Afro Samurai. Gave it my worst score. It's like it failed everywhere Juubee Ninpuuchou succeeded. Gonna be interesting to talk about it and hear positive arguments from you guys :p
Apr 2, 2013 6:08 PM

Jun 2011
Glad to see more people on board with the Usagi review! From the IRC chat, it seemed like I'm probably going to write Kaiba first, but that leaves those same Usagi members open to work on Afro Samurai, so that works out perfectly!
Apr 2, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
Just to clarify, because this is important- This is for the Usagi drop ANIME right? Because the manga is an abomination and the anime is a masterpiece.
Apr 2, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2011
Amberleh said:
Just to clarify, because this is important- This is for the Usagi drop ANIME right? Because the manga is an abomination and the anime is a masterpiece.

I have no intention of writing manga reviews, and am an ANIME DEPARTMENT writer only, so yes. Don't worry Amber, we won't be talking about the manga.
Apr 2, 2013 8:11 PM

Apr 2011
Is anyone interested in doing something for Mononoke? I had planned on reviewing it some ages ago, but foppery has gotten the better of me since then. I have some notes of when I rewatched the show, so if anyone is interested in trying to comprehend some nonsense (not quite on a stream of consciousness level, though) and articulate it, then be my guest.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Apr 2, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2011
opernlied said:
Is anyone interested in doing something for Mononoke?

I'm sure at least a couple of people would work on that, considering it's already on our Enlightenment list. I would offer assistance, but I haven't seen it yet. If it gets to a more tangible state and past the first editors, then I would be willing to help out as a second editor for it.
Apr 2, 2013 8:57 PM

Apr 2012
If anyone minds, I'd love to take a shot at that "nonsense", heh. Mononoke is a deserved classic, and its psychedelic artwork in combination with its subtler plot elements make for one of the greatest horror anime out there.
Apr 2, 2013 10:56 PM

Sep 2012
So, I finished Mind Game. Weird stuff, but pretty good.
Apr 2, 2013 11:11 PM

Oct 2012
Popka said:

Surrealism at its finest. The ending scene was beyond words. It'll be a tricky movie to write a review for so do you think you could back me up as an editor?
Apr 2, 2013 11:22 PM

Feb 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
Popka said:

Surrealism at its finest. The ending scene was beyond words. It'll be a tricky movie to write a review for so do you think you could back me up as an editor?

I'll be watching it this upcoming weekend, you have my support as an editor.
Apr 2, 2013 11:32 PM

Sep 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
Popka said:

Yes, I think I can. It's always interesting contending with stuff like this.
Apr 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
Popka said:
Yes, I think I can. It's always interesting contending with stuff like this.

SaekoBusu said:
I'll be watching it this upcoming weekend, you have my support as an editor.

Awesome. This means I have editors for both Tatami Galaxy and Mind Game. Hopefully, I'll start writing by Friday. I'm still waiting on ForgoneReality to confirm that we have the mods' approval.
Apr 3, 2013 3:23 AM

Dec 2012
Tommorow, I'm going to start writing my review of The Big O.

Once I'm done, should I send it to an editor?
Apr 3, 2013 3:44 AM

Feb 2013
Started Tatami Galaxy, it's really good i like it, although it's kind of an ordeal when english is not your native language.
Apr 3, 2013 3:53 AM

Oct 2012
Sh0wdown said:
Started Tatami Galaxy, it's really good i like it, although it's kind of an ordeal when english is not your native language.

That's always the initial complaint. The dialogue is a challenge to keep up with. But I hope you enjoy it. It's an amazing show.
Apr 3, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2012
I might have a go at the Mononoke review as well, the use of atmosphere and sound make the horror elements just sublime. However current priority is my review of Jojo 2012, was planning to get that done this weekend, however the chances of that are pretty slim. I fear I have succumbed to what mankind calls as the common cold.

The stone mask comes in handy in situations like these - I mean ripple powers.
Apr 3, 2013 5:16 AM

Jun 2011
The review account didn't get approved.
Apr 3, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
ForgoneReality said:

Really? Why?
Apr 3, 2013 5:33 AM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:
ForgoneReality said:

Really? Why?

Sadness. What happened?
Apr 3, 2013 5:36 AM

Jun 2011
metamorphius said:
ForgoneReality said:
Really? Why?

"Considering you regard the community as a "cancerous cesspool" and seek to tell them whether the popularity of a series is worthy or not, I do not see how you can attempt to write non-biased, critical reviews. From the way your club is built and your "Reviewers thread" is written, I can only see troll reviews coming from this account. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt that you'll leave most of the sarcasm in the club, your goal still seems to be what the new guidelines specifically discourage.

Reviews must NOT:
- comment on or discuss any content on the entry page. This includes the score and popularity of the series, as these are subject to change.
- address your reader or any other viewers of the series, in either a positive or negative fashion. This includes commenting on specific groups of MyAnimeList users.

Reviews that focus on the score/popularity of the series and address the audience about their misplaced enthusiasm only cause unnecessary drama. Besides, the goal of a review is to evaluate the series and help the reader decide whether he will like the series – independent of whether your club perceives it as a masterpiece or not.

You also say that your purpose is to spread the name of your club which is club advertising (which is against the Site & Forum Guidelines).

Based on your club's premise and the motivations behind your decision to post reviews from a club account, my answer at this time is no."
Apr 3, 2013 5:43 AM

Jun 2012
That's too bad. I think none of us had wicked intentions besides writing good reviews.
Apr 3, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2009
It seems to me the mod quite misunderstood the purpose of the club reviews.
Apr 3, 2013 5:49 AM

Jun 2011
metamorphius said:
It seems to me the mod quite misunderstood the purpose of the club reviews.

She did give us the option of rebutting her decision. "If you'd like to discuss this further, please feel free to reply." So, if we want to set up a reply we still can.

I feel for this collective review account to be passed though, it would probably have to distance itself from the club...
Apr 3, 2013 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
I thought that they knew that we only made this club in good fun, not to bash other people's opinions.

Still, it's a shame that the review channel got rejected.

Do you think that we could possibly make a site for reviews?
Apr 3, 2013 5:53 AM

Oct 2012
I guess she was just a bit insulted by the reviewer thread's description and took things too seriously.

Does this mean we lucked out or is there another way we could make this happen?
Apr 3, 2013 5:54 AM

Sep 2012
Someone need to sacrifice his or her username.Change your username to UberElitistClub and post reviews by combined effort.That way we are still a individual person posting reviews.We will upvote review
Apr 3, 2013 5:55 AM

Oct 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Someone need to sacrifice his or her username.Change your username to UberElitistClub and post reviews by combined effort.That way we are still a individual person posting reviews.We will upvote review

That'd be counter-effective. We'd only cause a bigger problem if we did this.
Apr 3, 2013 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
I guess she was just a bit insulted by the reviewer thread's description and took things too seriously.

Does this mean we lucked out or is there another way we could make this happen?

We could make a domain on Blogspot or something and post the reviews there under the name of UberElitistReviews and post a link to the club here maybe?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.