Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 4, 2015 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
I'm not crying you're crying.
Dec 28, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2015
Overall a fun series. Last 3 eps were pretty bad though. Forced drama all over the place but glad it ended on a good note. Common sense could have helped Honoka and her friend. 8/10.

Onto the second season
Jan 3, 2016 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
Wonderful anime, I will immediataley start season 2
Jan 14, 2016 6:19 AM
Jan 2016
Kind of nice series, but too much drama at the ending, and i also expected them to perform in Love Live, but that didn't happened.
Giving 7/10.
Jan 22, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2014
It really pissing me of how everybody is following a selfish idiot as Honoka but I'm glad she fixed the incident from the previous episode. Even if I like it or not Love Live is nothing without her -_-

Anyway, I never expected I'd enjoy Love Live this much xD It was more or less like a sports anime but with girls and music. Totally worth my time.
Feb 18, 2016 4:23 PM
Feb 2009
aww there so cute kotori x honoka

7/10
Mar 20, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2009
I had put off watching this for the longest time. Mainly because I find the whole concept of idols really, really stupid and didn't think I could enjoy an anime about it. But all in all I was pleasently surprised. Actually not much idol stuff going on, was more a drama / SoL with a likeable all female cast, which is something I usually dig. 7/10, will watch the sequel.

(Needs more yuri!)
Mar 30, 2016 8:09 AM
Oct 2014
The last ep so childish -__-
Everyone just accept Honoka back suddenly, just after what Honoka said she quit. *easy idols, and Honoka really think little of her comrade.
(It feels like when Usopp quit the crew from SHP)

And here she is Miss Hesitant of the Year "Kotori chan"
After what she said to her mother, and friend "bout being serious studyng abroad, too late, no turn back"
And suddenly again, she give in to Honoka to back being an easy idol.
Kids show, Kids drama.

Ps: Even then, im enjoying this series, and planning to watch for the sequel.
Hufft Easy Idols. XD
Apr 2, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
The one two punch of this and last episode has really soured my experience with Love Live. What was even the point of the last episode, if it was going to be solved as easily as it was with no repercussions and everything returning back to the status quo with no development whatsoever? Hopefully all the "character development" is finished with now and there will be no more of this in the second season.

I see a lot of bashing against Honoka in these threads, but she's the only character that at I could at least understand a little. She takes quite a few emotional blows in a row after she fucked up by overworking herself (yes, Honoka fucked up and no amount of bullshit from the rest of the group trying to take the blame will change that fact) and the moment she shows any emotion other than relentless optimism, her so called "friends" can't handle it and simply tell her to snap out of it (I'd like to see how'd they would handle a situation if one of them was diagnosed with depression). In the end none of that really matters though as it's all swept under the rug and Kotori's flippy-floppy nature ensures that all that drama would render as completely pointless, making everyone involved look like a fool (she really was serious about accepting that position huh? I mean even after watching Honoka, her best friend, fall flat on her face after determinedly overworking herself for the sake of trying to qualify the group for Love Live or watching Honoka heartbroken after she found out they had to pull out due to her silly mistake was not enough to change her mind, then wow.. I have to commend her, oh wait).
Apr 20, 2016 2:22 AM
Oct 2015
To be honest, I hated how Honoka was mostly the center vocalist

But I love the anime!
May 1, 2016 7:51 PM

Nov 2013
Good job throwing your career into the trash so you can be an idol for 2 more years before you're considered too old to be an idol while getting exploited by the music industry. Can't wait for the moment in season 2 when Kotori is caught kissing her boyfriend on the cheek so now she needs to shave her head to atone because she isn't pure enough for her fans.

Show was kind of alright until the last 2 episodes. The problems were self contained and only existed so the series wasn't 11 episodes long.

4/10. Would have been better if it wasn't for the last couple episodes, the awful CGI, and Honoka being such an awful, self centred protagonist. Even worse because she was the only memorable character, aside from Nico and the girl that molests everyone.
May 15, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
Huh... Everyone is back to normal like nothing ever happened.
Anyway, I'm happy to see them back together. Overall this show was unexpectedly great. And i hope next season won't disappoint me as well.
May 22, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2009
I love how it went full circle. They performed START:DASH!! in the same room but this time with a full audience. There was no better way to end this (Kotori leaving wouldn't have been in spirit with the show).

This was much better than I expected it to be and boy was it a fun ride. If episode 12 was better then this would have been the best thing I'd have seen over the past year - even better than JoJo.

I loved the energy, cuteness, characters (Maki > Umi => Eri > Nozomi > Honoka > Kotori > Rin > Hanayo > Nico) and their development and the overall happy atmosphere. I welcome μ's to my music collection with wide open arms and START:DASH!! and Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru are my favourites.

8.25/10
Kikoman589Sep 13, 2017 5:48 PM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
May 24, 2016 8:41 AM
May 2013
Music and idol anime are not my thing , I watched this more for SoL which was good.
The drama in the last episode was unnecessary , it made me want to see an alternative version where the opposite of this episode happens .
Jun 14, 2016 12:02 AM

Aug 2012
Episode-specific comments:
-Loved the instrumental arrange of Bokura wa Ima no Naka de, but playing the OP in addition to that seemed like a bit of overkill. I was actually fully convinced they'd pull the "don't play the opening theme on the last episode" thing.
-Those flashbacks at the arcade seemed pretty contrived, but I guess they were attempting to show that μ's was still weighing heavily on Honoka's mind.
-We finally see some justification behind Eli joining μ's, all the way at the end of the season, but Rin is still a mystery.
-The scene with Umi and Honoka in the auditorium was actually really heartwarming and definitely my favorite part of the episode. It's also kinda poetic since the speech was placed at the end of the first season as a way for Umi to get Honoka motivated, and the beginning of the season was dedicated towards having Honoka get Umi motivated. The scene also clarified Umi's visit to Kotori's house earlier in the episode a bit.

-The whole Kotori thing was not resolved as gracefully as I thought it would have and it now seems really pointless if they were planning to resolve it that way from the get-go. In fact this subplot pretty much ruined this episode (and some parts of the previous episode) for me.
-It was kinda cool that they used START:DASH!! as their final performance of the season with a call back to Honoka's ambition to perform in front of a full auditorium in episode 3.

Comments on overall season:
-Some things ended up going unexplained, like actual reasoning behind Rin's recruitment into the Idol Research club and how Alisa was apparently a fan of μ's prior to their first live.
-Some of them did end up getting explained, although through entirely unrelated incidents, such as Eli's firsthand reason for joining μ's, which was actually pretty nice.
-I absolutely loved how many versions of the ED theme (which has grown on me since starting the series) existed, and I also loved how subtle things in how the different ED versions were sung were reflective of the events of the corresponding episode.
-In general, the recruitment arcs at the beginning of the season were much better than the last few episodes, and even then it was only the Kotori thing that made me enjoy the last episodes a lot less. I think I'll just pretend it never happened, since episode 11 was actually pretty enjoyable when I didn't know how the whole thing would get resolved.

It's a real shame about the Kotori thing since without it, the season would have been a whole lot better. Double shame since episode 9 (Kotori ep) was excellent. As a standalone I'd rate the season a very high 6.

Gonna be watching season 2 anyway primarily because my two favorite songs from SIF are apparently inserts and also because it's allegedly better than season 1.
ThreePercentJun 14, 2016 12:12 AM
Jun 19, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 2015
I initially avoided this series at first because I can't see the appeal of an all girls music club (naive days i know), but since the death of Glee Forever game with a similar format and from the same devs of LLSIF, I decided to check the SIF game and it was interesting enough to make me can't help but check the series out. It's actually kinda nice. The last episodes were rushed though. 8/10, needs more Umi, Hanayo, and Maki, and also less forced rushed drama.

will watch the next season and the movie soon.
Oct 19, 2016 7:01 AM

Sep 2014
Some good points in the series, excellent singing and choreography, however there was way too much forced drama, could the writers really not come up with a more compelling challenge for the cast to overcome than the school always trying to force them to stop. Like the scene where the checkers club gets to use the auditorium during the festival but an actual performing group can't. Ridiculous.
Nov 4, 2016 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
And with this episode, I finished watching this anime for the umpteenth time, are now ready to begin the second season and more, Yay! Pleasant and fun storytelling, compelling the various steps during the story. Nice to see and performed by the whole group the song, Stars:Dash, fantastic! :)
Reviewing this series was a good opportunity to revalue even more. It will also be a light in history, but also has so many really beautiful ideas and well-built, highly recommended as an anime series in its genre.

6/10 --> 7/10.
Dec 3, 2016 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
.....:/

I'm sorry to say I feel nothing for this show, and I will probably forget it tomorrow. Guess I'll try idolmaster.

5/10
Jan 1, 2017 8:19 PM

Feb 2015
it was a good ending to the series imo all the conflict gets resolved and the performance at the end was nice
_Eye-Patch_Jan 1, 2017 9:53 PM
Jan 31, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2014
All's well that ends well.
I'm glad μ's is back and everyone is happy again. (Didn't really like the "drama" episodes, tbh.)

The final scenes during the concert showed a few interesting details, like Maki's and Kotori's moms meeting. Looks like they already knew each other. I really liked how the A-RISE girls are actually watching μ's performance and look so impressed. Maybe Honoka and company will never know, but this brings a lot of hope to us the viewers. μ's future is brighter than ever!
Mar 9, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2016
I'm really glad i started Love Live! It's really one of those shows i was very hesitant to start cause i thought School idols aren't my thing, but I ended up really liking it. Most of the cast was well developed and enjoyed seeing them work through their hardships, insecurities, amd doubts. The performances were really cool. I just wish there weren't some cgi shots, but can't be helped. 8/10. Honoka is kinda selfish but that's because she loves her friends and wants to do everything with them and keep them by her side. While Umi acknowledged, she also admitted it's because honoka is like that, they got to experience a new world , reaching new heights, discover more about themselves, and enjoy being idols.
Shishou_23Mar 9, 2017 9:08 AM
May 11, 2017 6:56 PM
May 2017
Whoa! Did you see? Samurai Buyer is selling exclusive items of Love Live Concert!!
I got mine here: http://samuraibuyer.jp/ng/en_us/lp/bandai
I can't wait for it to come!! Kyaa!! <3

g [/img]
BiancaSBMay 11, 2017 7:17 PM
May 28, 2017 7:01 PM
Jul 2016
Of course it ended well, but you try not to think of it because otherwise what´s the point of watching if you constantly waiting for all the cliché moments? Not as dramatic as I expected considering the previous episode. This episode was pretty much Hanoka thinking back, reflecting on memories, realize what it was all for and get back up on the horse more determined than ever... With Kotori back at her side for good hopefully.

Nice ending with flashbacks from all episodes.

7/10
HilariumosisJun 5, 2017 6:37 PM
May 29, 2017 11:48 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, I definitely won't be checking out the 2nd season. 3/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 23, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2016
Ever since the start of the episode, it's apparent that Honoka didn't actually mean what she did. It's thanks to everything the group did together up to this moment that made her realize that she's putting off the one thing she is the most passionate about. She started Muse with just Umi and Kotori from the ground up and went so far, gaining 6 other members by giving them determination and courage, and even almost participating in the biggest school idol event in the country. Of course she wouldn't let go of it so easily! I'm glad that everyone nudged Honoka to remember how important to her doing what she actually wants is.

Honoka finally gaining back her optimistic selfishness with good-intentions gave Kotori the courage of going down the path she actually wanted to go on ♥ All she needed was someone to tell her to stay ;~; Playing Start Dash! to make us remember that they started with so little and ended up garnering a full house in the end was a very touching detail. They're going for a new goal now~ *sheds tears like Honoka's dad*

Honoka running back and forth to the airport and Kotori finding time to change back to her uniform made me wonder for a while but I just found out that it could be because of their super idol training lol
All 9 of them being able to sing and dance Start Dash plus the parts that wasn't included in the original performance was a bit suspicious but I'll just assume that they're that good as idols (hell, they even intimidated A-Rise lol)

This episode got a lot of stuff that hit me in the kokoro...well, it was emotional throughout for me but this being the last episode of season 1 made it a bit more bittersweet (thank goodness there's already a couple more seasons out). The character development was golden here, letting every girl have their moment and slowly be lovable af as they start warming up to each other ♥
Kajo_Senpai69Aug 23, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 28, 2017 10:47 AM

Nov 2016
This was ok.. I liked some of the characters and the music but it was predictable and had a weird clashing of CGI with traditional animation with the songs. It also won't have a lasting impression and will most likely forget about what happened in a couple of days. 5/10
Sep 26, 2017 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
Kotori stays behind and the girls perform in the auditorium and this time it's full. :) Honoka's father with those manly tears lol. He must be proud of her.

A-rise watching μ perform. Competition in coming.

This was fun to watch. 7/10.

Oct 26, 2017 12:38 AM

Jun 2015
I started watching Love Live because of a random challenge from this MAL club I'm a part of and rarely have I felt this excited and relieved over completing a series.

Love Live was a colossal waste of my time and my energy. I'm downright joyous to sling this 500 lb monkey off my back and now that I have happily finished watching LL, it's time for me to watch more worthwhile series.
Nov 13, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2013
Honoka realizes she loves to dance and sing and her selfishness is apart of why they love her :'(
She makes u with umi and go gets kotoi back, start dash again :'( 10/10
Jan 17, 2018 4:28 PM

Oct 2015
I don't about this series, I felt it was more of a fan service anime. The protagonist was half assed girl who abandoned the group at first dispair ( lame), the Kotori leaving moment was lame and not even moving. They could've done better with the Kotori leaving scene, it was done just like that and it was so predictable( don't why they did it in the first place if they lacked execution). Muse getting back together was rushed, like a special at McDonald's.

The animation was flawed, especially in the op. The cast was so bloated and sometime irritating. Its strange how every member knew how to sing and the main goal of the series was achieved in a mundane fashion. They withdrew from the Love live performance, I don't what was up with this anime.

But the upside is that the music was good, but other than that the series is plain sack and appeals to guys who waifu or anime gals obssed.

5/10, but maybe s2 will try.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 21, 2018 8:43 PM
Sep 2013
Wait, they have idol competitions in school now? I knew Japan had problems but sheesh. I can only imagine what's gonna happen to the country once sexbots come around.
Feb 12, 2018 6:32 PM

Nov 2012
That was cute, but I don't really get all the hype about it.
May 2, 2018 2:26 AM
Sep 2017
SHE RAN TO THE GATE, 1 SECOND LATER SHE'S ON THE AIRPORT

LOL

I am just in love with this series
Jan 20, 2019 7:58 PM

May 2011
Watching this was a guilty pleasure but the dumb way the drama was handle really put me off sometimes. It's an Ok not something special.

6/10
Feb 18, 2019 1:25 PM

Aug 2018
A pair of episodes were not really good, but the last two managed to save it.. And thanks god, because overall, show was really good. Characters are so enjoyable and so complex, everyone with their motivations, with all kinds of feelings and having ambivalent ones as well - like wanting opposite things for different reasons at the same time, like it can be in offline life.. All characters are so different.. ;p
Mar 14, 2019 2:23 PM
Feb 2019
I'm really disappointed with the ending
Apr 9, 2019 1:16 PM
Jan 2019
loved the series! so sad that it's over but happy that Honoka persuaded Kotori to come back their high school and rejoin u's for the finale live! I cannot wait to start watching (and hopefully enjoying) series 2.
May 30, 2019 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this show was good after a few episodes, but I really started to enjoy it more once all the members got together. The characters and their interactions really grew on me as the show went on! And I thought the drama towards the end was a nice change of pace.

Honoka's development in this last episode was nice. I really liked how some of the girls each had their own say in helping Honoka realize not only her faults, but also her strengths as a friend and also helping her remember her passion in being an idol.

This was a great final shot of the group šŸ˜Š

I'll give this first season an 8/10 with the aspect holding is back the most is that there are too little episodes for 9 main characters. I feel like I don't know some of them well enough at all. Good thing there's a whole 'nother season and a movie to look forward to!
AndoMay 30, 2019 11:32 PM
Jun 12, 2019 1:04 AM

Apr 2018
Welp the drama got resolved quickly. Looks like A-RISE has been taking attention to them. Onto season 2
Jul 1, 2019 3:01 AM

Nov 2009
Eh, it was ok. Went exactly as I'd expected, no real surprises. Really liked Nozomi at first but they reused the breast squeezing gag too much and I cringed every time Niko did her "Niko Niko ni". 6/10, didn't like it enough to watch season 2 but will try out some other Love Live and see if I like those more. Also, I'm surprised we didn't get to see more of their concerts, they could've done something special with the EDs for example.
Jul 12, 2019 12:10 AM

May 2016
S1 done time to go S2

I'm so glad that Kotori didn't leave, even A-RISE started to notice them.. 7/10
Aug 21, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2016
Yay, happy ending (obviously) and I hoped they would fill the auditorium for this season finale :)

Honoka was wavering and this happens from time to time, but I would've wished for it to come off less contrived. This is just a minor issue in comparison to all the merits, tho.

Was pretty much an awesome watch from episode till here and I'm already eager to start season 2.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2019 8:31 PM
Apr 2018
Oh, even though there is a season 2, I feel this could have been a nice wrap up for the series.

The last live was pretty good. I'm digging start dash. Lmao, now A-rises are in trouble man

8/10
Oct 16, 2019 7:39 AM

Aug 2010
OH SHIT! IT WAS ALL UMI'S PLAN!!!

First she let everyone knows that Kotori was going to study in another country, then she made Kotori feels bad for this decision while talking with her.

And in the end she convinced Honoka to go to the airport to prevent Kotori to take the fly.

So Kotori would think that it were all Honoka's fault like everyone else in the group!!
Dec 14, 2019 11:22 AM

May 2013
The whole Kotori drama was entirely pointless and ruined the show for me... I would have survived with losing the drive and then quitting and coming back when remembering good times... But this destroying big thing for friend thing kinda left sour taste for me...
Apr 1, 2020 12:06 AM

Aug 2018
Love Live! School Idol Project is a legendary anime, a lot of memes born from this series.

muse will be the best idol group ever created in anime having a great leader like Honoka and dependable members. Its just S1 but i saw them solid already as a group.

Seriously speaking, a lot of characters flesh out their personality in S1 like the trio of honoka, umi and kotori also maki, hanayo and eri and the rest will be in S2 with nico, rin and nozomi as far as i remember..

10/10
It started with Start Dash and it will end with Start Dash!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 26, 2021 7:43 AM

Feb 2018
Just want to say, are u okay Otou-san?

What happen with Kotroi
Jan 27, 2021 8:26 PM
Nov 2018
dang kotori really turned down that study abroad last minute haha. oh well, more u's is nice!

this was surprisingly enjoyable, i'm usually not into idols, but i found this show really enjoyable. nozomi is my favorite, followed by rin and eli. hanayo has some hella funny moments with the rice though.
Feb 15, 2021 1:53 PM

May 2018
Pretty meh ending tbh. I wonder how much that airplane ticket costed lol there's no way that the airline will accept a refund

a low 6/10 for me
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by Salty_Cookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.