Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2014 12:43 AM

Jun 2012
As much as I love this series... I have to say the author must have a really bad opinion of humanity. It's rare to find a person with even the slightest inkling of compassion in Gantz, especially ones who aren't actually participating in the battles against aliens. And hell, even 90% of the past Gantz participants have been complete selfish assholes.

Not that I disagree that there's a ton of heartless people out there... but it's like no one in Gantz' Earth gives a single shit about anyone else. I can understand some of the characters though, especially those stuck fighting for their lives... but there's been incredibly few characters who actually put in a single care for anyone else, aside from a good portion of the current Gantz' team.

Pirating_Ninja said:
Wasn't that how he died the first time? Well shit, bet he is pretty pissed about them reminding him.
What? Nah that was nothing like how he died the first time... the first time he had his face imploded. And then he slowly bled out with no eyes, hoping they could defeat the bird guys quick enough.

Of course, I just re-read the series in 2 days versus the gap for you that was probably considerably longer... so I guess it's somewhat understandable how you could forget.
Jul 27, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2012
The creepster is cool. Can't wait to see his revenge.
Dec 27, 2014 4:59 AM
Oct 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
As much as I love this series... I have to say the author must have a really bad opinion of humanity. It's rare to find a person with even the slightest inkling of compassion in Gantz, especially ones who aren't actually participating in the battles against aliens. And hell, even 90% of the past Gantz participants have been complete selfish assholes.

Not that I disagree that there's a ton of heartless people out there... but it's like no one in Gantz' Earth gives a single shit about anyone else. I can understand some of the characters though, especially those stuck fighting for their lives... but there's been incredibly few characters who actually put in a single care for anyone else, aside from a good portion of the current Gantz' team.

Are you really reading the manga? Incredibly few? A flat out no to that. From what I can see, you're the one who has a low opinion of "compassionate" characters depicted in the manga.

There are more "compassionate" characters in Gantz than the number of my fingers/toes combined. Do I need to list them? Even the vampire samurai "cared" for the killbill girl. That also includes all those side characters e.g. families. They didn't just get enough spotlight as you want them to be. You simply didn't "care" factoring them in your statement or evaluation.

The author did an astounding job to portray various "personalities" and "morals" people can have or be under such uncertain and life-threatening situations. He also did a good job quantifying them. By quantifying, a 3:7 ratio of "compassionate" characters to non-"compassionate" characters is already good and realistic enough.
ExplodingGirlDec 27, 2014 5:14 AM
Feb 26, 2015 7:08 PM

Feb 2015
I'm starting to like nishi. He was pretty cool in that chapter.
Mar 11, 2015 5:38 AM

May 2014
Wow. I never thought I'd like Nishi, but that last page just turned my opinion flat on its ass.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Apr 10, 2015 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
Nishi is such a badass, I like his character.. he just doesn't give a damn. He's pretty much become my favourite character, I don't find anyone else as interesting.

He's got such a retarded class, to the extent of attempting to kill him what the fuck. Well that's Nishi's daily life, dealing with ignorant incompetent fools.

Sep 4, 2015 5:36 AM

Apr 2013
The bullying has gone too far.
Mar 4, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
Nishi might be slightly fucked up in the head but I really hope his classmates get karma'd right now. What a bunch of scumbags
Jul 23, 2017 3:48 AM

Oct 2015
i never liked nishi to begin with but i will admit that he was likeable in this chapter
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Sep 14, 2017 8:16 PM

Dec 2015
Please fuck them up Nishi xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 7, 2017 11:37 AM

Apr 2016
Japanese graders are the worst
Jan 2, 2020 8:51 AM

May 2016
Having the whole class encourage you getting thrown off the window to plummet down several floors just because you muttered one thing under your breath after they've bullied you for so long is extreme. I hope all those fuckers know how to fly 'cause they're in for it now!

That girl who has a crush on him is cool though~

Sep 5, 2020 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
Nishi is the type of guy who d go to her house an murder her pet in front of her
Mar 25, 2021 4:46 PM

Nov 2016
That's an ugly girl

This manga keeps going down side routes I never saw coming.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2021 8:12 AM

Aug 2017
Ngl, I expected him to rip that letter that he got from that girl. And that ending was badass, he may be an asshole, but I quite like him.
Jun 14, 2022 6:48 AM
Feb 2022
Aquí se puede ver porque Nishi es como es. Ojala el próximo episodio sea un baño de sangre ese salón.
Sep 5, 2022 4:30 AM

Aug 2022
I feel so sad for Nishi. But did he hurt the cat
Jul 22, 2023 3:55 AM
Apr 2019
Nishi getting more screentime is great, hes much better than Kei's worthless ass. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.