Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 23, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Drucoz said:
That scene where Shiki was floating, hm, what was that? (Or is it spoilers?)

It's not a spoiler. Basically it's a visual representation of how Shiki was able to witness the Origin with her own eyes. Her life and death experience basically put her on the brink of death, literally on the boundary of "emptiness" (the Origin/Void). This allowed her to manifest/channel the Origin's power (nothingness). It's essentially how Shiki attained her Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. ^_^

Drucoz said:
So this is how Touko and Shiki met, was that the girl from movie 1 at the hospital? A nice touch there.

Yeah, it's the same girl, Kirie Fujou.

Drucoz said:
Was that the kid from Shiki and Mikiya's school from movie 2 at the end? Wtf happened to him?

You have a really good eye, keep him in mind for the final main film. ;)
ronriMar 23, 2015 12:41 PM
Apr 2, 2015 9:29 AM

Jan 2015
7.5 / 10
my least favorite so far. was tough to follow yet started to make sense near the end, and was very short.

still quality animation and music kept me going.
May 8, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
Not bad at all, but nothing too special either. Nice to get some insight into Shiki's character and her power. After this fourth movie the picture feels "complete" as far as the timeline goes. 2nd movie -> 4 -> 1 -> 3. Good, good.

Also, what are you doing here Kotomine? Same voice actor, same "aura", tall character, same type of hair basically. Seriously I thought he was gonna say that name when he introduced himself, lol.
May 8, 2015 7:30 AM

Aug 2014
Harlequina said:
Not bad at all, but nothing too special either. Nice to get some insight into Shiki's character and her power. After this fourth movie the picture feels "complete" as far as the timeline goes. 2nd movie -> 4 -> 1 -> 3. Good, good.

The first movie is after the third, I believe.
May 8, 2015 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Harlequina said:

You're right actually. September 1998 according to the MAL description for the first. July for the third.
May 8, 2015 7:51 AM
Jun 2014
Harlequina said:
Insertanamehere said:

You're right actually. September 1998 according to the MAL description for the first. July for the third.

Asagami Fujino (the girl from the third movie) is also the reason why Shiki had an artificial arm. That arm got demolished in the first movie if you remember.
May 8, 2015 8:15 AM

Mar 2013
xcllnt said:
Harlequina said:

Asagami Fujino (the girl from the third movie) is also the reason why Shiki had an artificial arm. That arm got demolished in the first movie if you remember.

It's technically been a year since I watched KnK1 (put the series on hold back then since I didn't want to continue with the rest right away, and I didn't bother with rating KnK1 either until I continued)... I remembered that she had a doll arm, but I didn't remember what that arm was actually like. So when I watched Fujino wreck her arm I just thought "well no biggie, you can just get another one!". But yea that makes sense.
May 27, 2015 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
Best thing about this movie was the post credit scene tbh.
Next comes the fifth movie I've been hearing so much praise for...can't wait to see what this is about.
Oct 1, 2015 11:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Things are starting to make a lot more sense now. I'm looking forward to the next film.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2015 8:12 PM

Feb 2015
although i hate anime movies that aren't 2hrs, i don't really care regarding this series since there's lots of movies with different content. these movies would have to be the only exception, though.

anyway-

now THIS is something worth getting into.
(although the scenes when it showed the side effect of her blue eyes grossed me out entirely ._.')

ph and i really liked that part when kokouto sang. good directing in that part.

i'm confused now, though. SHIKI was the personality that left, right? i suppose it left because of that hit shiki got from the truck. anyway SHIKI is gone right? so why is shiki still having the desire to kill? shouldn't that be gone?

speaking of, i had no idea maaya sakamoto does ger voice :o i can't stop listening to her without thinking of ciel lol.

as always the preview of the next ep looks awesome. i'd give this a 8. meh, why not 9.
Jan 20, 2016 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
M12+13 is back yay! Well, another decent movie (as anime-only im not enjoying it as much as the fate franchise tbh). 7/10

Btw, that Araya Souren guy at the end... I thought it was Kirei at first rofl.
Jan 31, 2016 5:04 PM

Nov 2015
While this Ep was really good, it felt empty compared with previous episodes.

More questions were given answers, but I still don't known why SHIKI died...

Didn't know Touka was a magi, that's interesting! I could only think in Fate/Zero jaja.

Wow, two whole years... This Kokutou is crazy for her...
May 7, 2016 2:24 AM

Feb 2015
Meh, This film yields nothing and became blander than the second movie. Shiki's a real boring character, and I hated to see her talk, or complain about life. Feels like she's having her teenage angst while having menstruation.

Light novels just don't really appeal to me. Filled with emotional adolescents basking on their woes.
JomsMay 7, 2016 2:28 AM
Sep 27, 2016 10:49 AM
Mar 2016
Damn... this was the first one I really liked... the music and animation were always amazing... but I just could not get into the previous three...
Jan 7, 2017 5:39 AM

Nov 2011
And always following the pattern, which indicates the sequence of events, it arrives after the second film in the series to this here: the events run off in a linear manner and without inconsistencies, and at the same time, if you happened to see the first movie by case, recounted situations, they begin to find a meaning. Narratively, it seems slower and thoughtful among the films seen so far; and dreamlike. The spectacular nature of the graphics, it is a little set aside, but that does not mean the seabed and the quality of the drawings, it has declined. The soundtrack, remains an excellent element: very catchy.
Feb 17, 2017 5:53 PM

Jan 2016
Hey, that's Kotomine at the end! lol
much rejoicing

Theres something I don't understand
What did she meant when Touko said SHIKI died? How did a personality died?
Was it when Shiki got run over? When that happened, was she SHIKI the male personality or Shiki the female personality?

Also, Shiki getting the mystic eyes, how did this happen? was she like destined to have this power or something gave it to her or it just awakened after the accident?

If this is explained in the next movies nevermind these questions
Feb 23, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
RileyReid said:
Theres something I don't understand
What did she meant when Touko said SHIKI died? How did a personality died?
Was it when Shiki got run over? When that happened, was she SHIKI the male personality or Shiki the female personality?

As the "dream" sequences would imply, the male personality SHIKI died while the female personality survived. While the full details won't be revealed yet until the 7th film, it's implied that Shiki was caught in an accident that nearly killed her.

RileyReid said:
Also, Shiki getting the mystic eyes, how did this happen? was she like destined to have this power or something gave it to her or it just awakened after the accident?

Due to Shiki undergoing a near-death experience, she was able to witness the root/origin of everything. Because she nearly died, there was period of time when her soul floated on the boundary of life/death. Waking up and recovering from her coma, she's able to perceive the lines of mortality in every single being (living or not living) which is what allows her to "kill" anything by simply tracing the lines that she sees with her eyes.

It's why it's called the "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception", because it literally allows her to perceive the death in things. I hope that helped! ^_^
ronriFeb 23, 2017 2:31 PM
Jun 7, 2017 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
Bit easier to grasp but ufotable y u bore me to tears...

5/10.
Aug 3, 2017 10:06 AM
Jan 2010
Honestly Kokutou is the weirdest out of all these oddballs
Aug 16, 2017 1:59 PM

May 2015
Coma thing. How classy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 19, 2017 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
Mages....is this connected to the Fate universe? Cause I saw someone who looks real familiar in the next movie preview, which looks nuts btw.

So we got some more background info but no real explanation as to what happened to SHIKI and how these powers came to be.

Still gets a 7/10 for me though.
Nov 24, 2017 9:11 PM

May 2010
Certainly better part of Shiki's two-movies-long backstory, but I can't say I was that engaged, especially during first 20 minutes or so. Thankfully, the latter half was better, especially getting to witness how Shiki became such a badass! She looked so beautiful with long hair, but for some reason I prefer her with shorter haircut... maybe because she looks so damn cool with it lol.

One thing I still don't get, why does she sometimes use "ore" and other time "watashi" while talking about herself - at first I thought it was connected to SHIKI's personality, but if he's "dead" or whatever, why does she continue to switch between these two pronouns @_@

That guy in the post-credit scene reminded me TOO MUCH of Kotomine, but I love how they included cameos of two other girls from previous movies - Kirie and Fujino <3

Btw once again - picking Kalafina for singing each KnK ending was THE BEST DECISION EVER, I love every single of them, and the lyrics are always so fitting! "Aria" from this movie is probably my second favourite so far, right after "Oblivious". Can't wait to listen to the rest of them :3

6.5/10
Nov 24, 2017 11:16 PM

Sep 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
One thing I still don't get, why does she sometimes use "ore" and other time "watashi" while talking about herself - at first I thought it was connected to SHIKI's personality, but if he's "dead" or whatever, why does she continue to switch between these two pronouns @_@

You're actually correct. She uses "ore" and "watashi" depending on her personality but when the masculine personality "SHIKI" died, she adopted "ore" as her predominant pronoun as means of keeping the memory of "SHIKI" alive.
Nov 25, 2017 8:07 AM

May 2010
ronri said:
Kitsu-nee said:

You're actually correct. She uses "ore" and "watashi" depending on her personality but when the masculine personality "SHIKI" died, she adopted "ore" as her predominant pronoun as means of keeping the memory of "SHIKI" alive.

Oooh, that makes total sense, thanks!
Jan 17, 2018 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
all it took for her to want to live again was to have her almost die. Nice
Aug 8, 2018 2:45 AM

Dec 2015
Apart from the visuals, I can't find anything to like in this anime. It's SO boring...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 26, 2018 4:06 AM

Mar 2018
ronri said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I was also wondering "if the macho-Shiki died, why does she still talk like a dude?".

What was the masculine SHIKI? Why did she want to "kill" him? And why does she now still want to keep his memory alive?
Sep 26, 2018 6:15 AM

Oct 2014
SpectrumDT said:
What was the masculine SHIKI?

another personality inside Shiki, or you could say a completely different person and existence, inside her
SpectrumDT said:
And why does she now still want to keep his memory alive?

ever since birth, male Shiki was inside of her(innuendo not intended), she now feels empty and alone because he's gone, he was like a dear friend to her
AdatiusSep 26, 2018 6:33 AM
Sep 26, 2018 8:22 AM

Mar 2018
Shayon said:
SpectrumDT said:
What was the masculine SHIKI?

another personality inside Shiki, or you could say a completely different person and existence, inside her
SpectrumDT said:
And why does she now still want to keep his memory alive?

ever since birth, male Shiki was inside of her(innuendo not intended), she now feels empty and alone because he's gone, he was like a dear friend to her

Then why did she kill him?
Sep 26, 2018 9:13 AM

Oct 2014
SpectrumDT said:
Shayon said:

kill male shiki? she didn't, and idk what gave you that idea

all you need to know right now is that Shiki got involved in a traffic accident, and due to that, male Shiki died and she found herself in the hospital, the details regarding that traffic accident will be revealed in the other movies

although, the movies can be confusing due to ufotable cutting out character monologues and intentionally making everything vague, if this series interests you enough and you aren't against reading, I would recommend switching to the LNs instead
Sep 26, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2018
Shayon said:
SpectrumDT said:

all you need to know right now is that Shiki got involved in a traffic accident, and due to that, male Shiki died and she found herself in the hospital, the details regarding that traffic accident will be revealed in the other movies

although, the movies can be confusing due to ufotable cutting out character monologues and intentionally making everything vague, if this series interests you enough and you aren't against reading, I would recommend switching to the LNs instead

She didn't kill him? Oh. All right. I thought that was what she did when she stabbed herself with the knife at the end. Then whom or what did she kill?
Sep 26, 2018 9:29 AM

Oct 2014
SpectrumDT said:
Shayon said:

She didn't kill him? Oh. All right. I thought that was what she did when she stabbed herself with the knife at the end. Then whom or what did she kill?

nope, male shiki was already dead when she first woke up in the hospital

she killed the shitty ghost that was trying to invade her body, she didn't do anything about it earlier because she didn't care what happened to herself
Sep 26, 2018 12:29 PM

Mar 2018
Shayon said:
SpectrumDT said:

nope, male shiki was already dead when she first woke up in the hospital

she killed the shitty ghost that was trying to invade her body, she didn't do anything about it earlier because she didn't care what happened to herself

All right. Thanks for the explanation.
Dec 2, 2018 5:25 AM

Feb 2018
wahhh SHIKI died ... sacrifice of life just to arouse the eyes.
Apr 6, 2019 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
Since this happens in the Fate universe is Araya Souren "Kirei"? Came on... You can't just give him that sexy voice and not say it's him...
Jul 11, 2019 6:07 AM
Jan 2017
so that how shiki has the eye of death power,, but she losing her SHIKI,,
she confuse between life and death but she know how scary death is and dont want to back in that place,,
and she meet touko san and receive the knive and kill that zombie.then shiki learn how to use that eye and the end she working for touko,,
Jul 23, 2019 11:20 PM

Jan 2019
I'm a little confused in that I thought this was the episode where Mikiya Kokutou
but the episode makes barely any mention of this despite it being what I would assume to be a pretty big feat. Is this just a detail in the novels that is skipped over in the anime movies?
Jul 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Oct 2014
FlagCrusherTaka said:
I'm a little confused in that I thought this was the episode where Mikiya Kokutou
but the episode makes barely any mention of this despite it being what I would assume to be a pretty big feat. Is this just a detail in the novels that is skipped over in the anime movies?

I remember the novels mentioning
Jul 24, 2019 2:15 PM

Jan 2019
Shayon said:
FlagCrusherTaka said:

ah okay, that's probably my fault then from going by the fan wiki. they made it seem like a bigger deal there
Jul 25, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2014
FlagCrusherTaka said:
Shayon said:

ah okay, that's probably my fault then from going by the fan wiki. they made it seem like a bigger deal there

Touko does mention in the first movie that her building is surrounded by a barrier to repel people, and Kokutou got interested in finding her because he saw one of her dolls during an exhibition and it reminded him of Shiki

he was able to track down Touko's location despite the fact that she doesn't leave much info behind her and the bounded field was giving him trouble, which is what's impressive about it.

since Kokutou was able to find her, Touko said that he had a talent for searching and hired him because of that
Jul 25, 2019 6:46 PM

Jan 2019
Shayon said:
FlagCrusherTaka said:

Touko does mention in the first movie that her building is surrounded by a barrier to repel people, and Kokutou got interested in finding her because he saw one of her dolls during an exhibition and it reminded him of Shiki

he was able to track down Touko's location despite the fact that she doesn't leave much info behind her and the bounded field was giving him trouble, which is what's impressive about it.

since Kokutou was able to find her, Touko said that he had a talent for searching and hired him because of that

Ah, i'ma have to go back and rewatch the first movie then, as I remember him being passed out pretty much the whole time
Jan 2, 2020 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't expect that two year timeskip, I'm confused when this happened. Definitely before the first movie, but I thought movie 2 and 3 happened before 4. But seeing the ending of his one confuses me.
May 5, 2020 12:40 AM

Dec 2019
Ehh i found this one kinda boring but it had a good character development tbh, hope it gets better cause so far its a resident sleeper vibe.
                                                         🖤   

May 8, 2020 9:14 PM

Dec 2009
This story still feels a little mindless with the neverending questions I have but this was better in how it had a clearer direction, as frustrating as it is to still not comprehend Shiki's attitude and behavior.
Jun 23, 2020 1:52 AM

Jan 2020
I don't get the point of the big bad in that tattooed guy. Was it just an instinctual means of progressing character? The previous three movies gave me the impression that each big bad were built on specific reasons.
Aug 30, 2020 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
Looks like we will get Araya next. Hyped up for villain.

Also Shiki is cool.

Poor SHIKI. I am sad that part of her died. She was really genki.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 17, 2020 11:36 AM

May 2020
This episode is after Shiki and Kokotou argue. Shiki got a comma for 2 years. That is the time SHIKI's died. This episode is telling about how Shiki's got her eyes of dead prediction. A bit boring fight because with a zombie. 7/10 good show.
Jan 8, 2021 5:30 AM

May 2020
I like the writing in this one idk
Jan 8, 2021 8:12 PM

Jul 2019
So idk if this is a subbing error or a plot point but since when is SHIKI (Ryougi's alternate personality) a male?

I distinctly remember the subs for part 2 using female pronouns
Jan 27, 2021 1:10 AM

Jul 2019
like the previous movies, its raw. tasteless. although i somehow still enjoy following it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» The Movies Thus Far

FauxAzn - Jan 11, 2012

6 by sonu711 »»
May 28, 2022 6:36 AM

» DVD release?

5hreddy - Sep 11, 2008

13 by TwentyScoops_UK »»
Dec 21, 2008 2:51 PM

» Garan no Dou or Hora?

dtshyk - Aug 22, 2008

3 by dtshyk »»
Aug 23, 2008 3:32 AM

» Order of the films shown?

corroded - Jul 24, 2008

7 by Nath »»
Jul 29, 2008 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.