Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Aug 23, 2016 1:56 PM

Mar 2015
Depressing ending. It showed how the protagonists are trapped in the Sibyl System, which is sad.

Loved the series overall. 8 or 9/10 for me.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Aug 30, 2016 1:56 PM
Jun 2010
I hope Kougami dies as soon as possible. Pity Shougo couldn't hide somewhere. But seriously he didn't consider Akane shooting his tire off? He would definitely keep an eye on the mirror and swerve the instant she's about to shoot to throw her off as well (focused on tire so less balance). I am especially disappointed why Makishima didn't stab Kougami in a fatal spot in his back or something instead of trying to attack his HAND where he could just reverse and block his attack. The final animation during the cut was also stupid for Shougo. He wouldn't mess up like that. And why the fuck didn't he strangle Akane? Out of bullets so gave up? Didn't think of strangling her or gutting her with his hand? Not Makishima. Hate killing my fav characters with plot holes to make "good" blind fuckheads win.
bloodtalonAug 30, 2016 4:56 PM
Oct 23, 2016 2:51 PM

Jan 2011
Some inconsistencies especially with regards to how the Sybil system is used, but nothing worse than any other anime. The whole unlocked Dominator was kinda pointless. Makishima letting Akanae live wasn't that strange. He isn't a simple serial murder who wants to kill people, his goal was to change the system. He also was kinda low on time, he knew Kogami was out there. And he seemed to somehow see something in Akane, like he realized that she would change the system, too.

That he came so far is a plot hole on it's own, especially with the wound Kogami gave him.

Overall, the most annyoing thing was the random quotes though. They served no real purpose besides making the show seem more intellectual. Having the characters say it with there own words would have achieved the same for advancing the story, working out how Makishima works etc. And it was always highly philosophical quotes. No provers or something from a politician at least, that would at least be a bit "hands on". No, always the lofty ivory tower.

And characters like Makishima are especially annoying, even more so when no one calls them out. Kogami called him lonely, and Makishima was like "isn't everyone lonely" and Kogami was all "whoah, i have to think about this" instead of "so you *are* lonely". And he even got to die, which was what he expected and kinda wished. I would have loved seeing his face when Akane pulled the trigger, he sure wasn't expected that. And then waking up in isolation cell. And Kogami dropping by to kill him anyways.
Nov 13, 2016 6:12 AM

Aug 2016
Amazing fight scene, instantly one of my favorite fight scene in anime

Nice ending for having makishima died in execution manner - death penalty is the only thing he deserves

The sybil system is still ON but Akane has a prophecy that someone will shut it, someday

in the end:
Thank you for not showing fillers, fan services, moe (shit) thing, ecchi, yuri/yaoi (well just 5 sec on the last episode lol), and lame romance.
I love it to the very end it has been an amazing journey with psycho-pass, great story, great characters, great concepts, great OP/Ed and BGMs, great voice acting, What a ride....

I think this is the perfect anime for non-anime watcher to start watching
Nov 19, 2016 5:04 PM

Sep 2015
Rip Makishima. Pretty sure he discovered Akane was like him and couldnt be judged by the system or knew the truth about the system. In the end the cycle repeats itself. Akane now the boss. Sadly Gino now degraded to Enforcer. Kagari is prob dead but I hope he's alive next season actually. The new inspector I feel like will be worse than Akane.
Dec 15, 2016 5:28 AM
Feb 2014
Shinya Kogami could have simply PICK UP the GUN behind him and shoot Shogo Makishima and avoided the ENTIRE knife fight.......
Jan 18, 2017 3:41 AM

Jan 2017
Well, the back-to-square-one ending was both bland and interesting. I hoped for the Sybil System to shutdown and society to change away from a societal foundation that looked perfect on the surface, but rotten in its core. However, replicating the first episode's beginning for the ending was the easiest way to compare how the characters have differentiated.

I was annoyed by Akane, but I grew fond of her from episode 18 then on.

Took a father's death to change Ginoza's attitude, so him having been demoted to Enforcer is fair in my opinion. Which leads to...

Tomomi Masaoka being the unsung hero. He supported the other characters critically without asking much in return.

Kagari was a minor character and his death was his only important role. Kudos to him still.

I can't blame Kogami's choice to kill Makishima. Kogami was pretty tired of the Sybil System and its Psycho Pass analysis caused him to be demoted.

Shion and Yayoi fulfilling the fan service and being supports. o7

Every episode I feel like I am being pushed to continue the plot as quickly as possible. Only one episode was done for adding character background (Yayoi) and other background details for other characters were fulfilled by dialogue or momentary flashbacks which are not great substitutes. There were predictable situations that slightly deflate the suspense. The Sybil System vault was cracked open; vault break-ins as seen in other movies and television series. Kogami wounded Makishima early in the final conflict which lead me to think Makishima will not and be sent to custody.

Great idea on paper, ineffective in action from the Sybil System to character development to Psycho Pass' story pacing, you name it.
LineraxJan 18, 2017 4:41 AM
Jan 22, 2017 8:12 AM

Apr 2016
Salaryman_Matt said:
Ahh I love it and hate it. Akane has become the most despicable character for me. Her sense of Justice is contradictory. Just because its convenient she goes along with the Sibyl System.

She thinks its murder to kill someone the system designates as peaceful but killing someone whose psycho pass is too high and hasn't killed anyone is good? Heck her justice called for Makishima getting a trial but she knew all along bringing him in would just integrate his brain with Sibyl. Just the point that all of the brains in the Sibyl system are criminals and many committed murder should force her hand at Justice. Instead she uses the convenience of the system and ignores the illegality. Using this mind set what Kogami was doing should have been fine with her. She is essentially harboring murderers.

Who's to say the next brain that integrates with the system won't change it for the worse? Not to mention she is taking the law into her own hands and also judging what is right for the citizens. They have the right to decide if they want to suffer hardship without the system or remain under it after knowing the truth. They could die but its their decision not hers. She has gone against everything she believes in.... sheesh!!!

completely agree with you. Akane is so contradictory to herself
KiraikotsuSep 1, 2017 11:05 AM
Feb 6, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2016
Well the fighting scene was awesome specially the scene when Makshima kicked the grenade, I didn't get what Makshima said to Akane he said "she was from them" if I'm correct, Damn so Our Villain dies on that Lonely hill I thought of if Kogami had brought his dominator T_T.
the ending was kinda lame, I loved Gino without his glass, and those two end up in a Yuri scene O_O.
after Makshima is dead I'm not hyped for the second season tbh overall rating 8/10
Mar 20, 2017 11:39 PM

Dec 2016
I was actually sad to see Makishima die. I thought his ideals were the right ones, but his methods were.. Well, extreme, to say the least XD. But I really wanted to see the Sibyl system overthrown, since it establishes a pretty inhuman and monotonous way to live. I'll never see that happen though, since I'll probably skip S2 because I heard it's not nearly as good as this one. Either way, great series held down by a hateable protagonist (at least acceptable, at the end) 8.5/10.
Dr_Manhattan95Mar 20, 2017 11:42 PM
Mar 22, 2017 12:33 AM

Dec 2009
Dr_Manhattan95 said:
I was actually sad to see Makishima die. I thought his ideals were the right ones, but his methods were.. Well, extreme, to say the least XD. But I really wanted to see the Sibyl system overthrown, since it establishes a pretty inhuman and monotonous way to live. I'll never see that happen though, since I'll probably skip S2 because I heard it's not nearly as good as this one. Either way, great series held down by a hateable protagonist (at least acceptable, at the end) 8.5/10.
Makishima had to die for the show to tell us that in this world, the only thing people fear more than a violent and corrupt system is change. Or rather, people become more motivated to protect current systems than to create new ones. In real life, people who call for change are distrusted, or ridiculed, sometimes dismissed, sometimes even feared. In a way Psycho Pass show some of that apprehension and complacency.

Either way, the best thought experiments are the ones with no easy solution. Stop one villainy to protect another. Choosing either ethical belief comes at the expense of human lives. Im not even sure if the show wants us to agree with the protagonist's ultimate decision to help the system.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Apr 3, 2017 6:19 PM

Jun 2015
The forced lesbian relationship already says something about the quality of this anime. Also it had alot of useless scenes or even episodes. The brutality was sometimes just unnecessary nasty. Honestly. If they took a bit longer for this Anime it would've been alot better.
Anyway. I really liked the beginning of the series and Kougami and Makishima are nothing really new but well made.

6.5/10
Apr 19, 2017 3:02 PM

May 2010
Gah Akane. Her wanting to save Shinya made me wanna ship them hard.

Hmm so it went as expected. Shinya ended up killing Makashima. And I guess that's much better than him getting captured for Sibyl, Makashima would never be happy with that. His death was the most... romantic? and serene.

And pls. Stop with all the Akane hate. She's right in a way. The present society needs the Sibyl System since these people practically grew with this thing ruling their lives. Suddenly eliminating it would very foolish as it would result in chaos. That's not how plans work. Things need to move more slowly if large-scale change is needed. Also, it's not like she supports it. She's against it. As for her growth, she had lots. She is well-aware of her abilities now as compared to the 1st episode. has saved many people's lives multiple times. is headstrong. plays fair to the bitter end (I think this is the quality which people have problem with, but its not bad. at least in my opinion. I like how she beats even Sibyl when it comes to being fair) and above all, thinks before acting. What can I say, I am proud of her. May someone appear (hopefully not cruel like Makishima was) and join hands with her to overthrow Sibyl system but that might take very long. I hope Kougami keeps some sort of role tho.

Very good season overall. Not sure what to expect of a series without Makishima and Kougami tho. Akane is interesting, but without those two... S2 might not be as fun. Let's see. 8.5/10 for this.

TragicRomanceApr 19, 2017 3:30 PM
Apr 19, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2009
TragicRomance said:
And pls. Stop with all the Akane hate. She's right in a way. The present society needs the Sibyl System since these people practically grew with this thing ruling their lives. Suddenly eliminating it would very foolish as it would result in chaos.

So if you were Lincoln would you have still emancipated the slaves? Or would you go by this above reasoning? Because all the reasons Akane defends the system are basically the arguments used by slavery apologists before and during the civil war. They argued the infrastructure was too dependent on slavery, that suddenly freeing them would cause chaos, and slavery culture was too deeply ingrained into the minds of both landowners and slaves.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Apr 20, 2017 7:46 AM

May 2010
Crusader_8 said:
TragicRomance said:
And pls. Stop with all the Akane hate. She's right in a way. The present society needs the Sibyl System since these people practically grew with this thing ruling their lives. Suddenly eliminating it would very foolish as it would result in chaos.

So if you were Lincoln would you have still emancipated the slaves? Or would you go by this above reasoning? Because all the reasons Akane defends the system are basically the arguments used by slavery apologists before and during the civil war. They argued the infrastructure was too dependent on slavery, that suddenly freeing them would cause chaos, and slavery culture was too deeply ingrained into the minds of both landowners and slaves.

She knows she can't defeat the system on her own. For now we need an alternative strategy, someone who is suitable to plan one. I feel psycho pass villains tend to be unnecessarily violent, and thats what turns her off to help them. What we need is an anti-hero because I don't think Akane is going to be one, but she will definitely be cooperative if someone just appears.
TragicRomanceApr 21, 2017 8:48 AM
Apr 20, 2017 9:08 PM

Dec 2009
TragicRomance said:
Crusader_8 said:

She knows she can't defeat the system on her own. For now we need an alternative strategy, someone who is suitable to plan one. I feel psycho pasd villains tend to be unnecessarily violent, and thats what turns her off to help them. What we need is anti-hero because I don't think Akane is going to be one, but she will definitely be cooperative if someone just appears.

eh, she just rubs me the wrong way since she's knowingly complicit with evil. An evil system which people benefit from is still evil. She's also supposed to be really intelligent, yet she's philosophically dumb as a rock which I suppose is why she's so willing to be such an enabler. Or maybe she's not really smart at all, since the standard of intelligence is all tested and measured by the system.

I had my hopes up that she may have been smart because in the first episode she already figures out that the system inherently makes criminals out of victims of crimes (and she clearly opposed that). But nope we just get someone who will condone almost any kind of violence or tragedy in order to maintain the system. Coming to some kind of personal belief that destroying the system would do more harm than good is largely an unfalsifiable conclusion - she really has no way of knowing how much damage such a feat would cause or how well the society would cope in the aftermath. I can't trust her to accurately assess the consequences of removing or replacing the sibil system since she hasn't demonstrated the intelligence necessary to critically think about such complex ethics.

~

Apr 21, 2017 8:35 AM

May 2010
Crusader_8 said:
TragicRomance said:

She knows she can't defeat the system on her own. For now we need an alternative strategy, someone who is suitable to plan one. I feel psycho pasd villains tend to be unnecessarily violent, and thats what turns her off to help them. What we need is anti-hero because I don't think Akane is going to be one, but she will definitely be cooperative if someone just appears.

eh, she just rubs me the wrong way since she's knowingly complicit with evil. An evil system which people benefit from is still evil. She's also supposed to be really intelligent, yet she's philosophically dumb as a rock which I suppose is why she's so willing to be such an enabler. Or maybe she's not really smart at all, since the standard of intelligence is all tested and measured by the system.

I had my hopes up that she may have been smart because in the first episode she already figures out that the system inherently makes criminals out of victims of crimes (and she clearly opposed that). But nope we just get someone who will condone almost any kind of violence or tragedy in order to maintain the system. Coming to some kind of personal belief that destroying the system would do more harm than good is largely an unfalsifiable conclusion - she really has no way of knowing how much damage such a feat would cause or how well the society would cope in the aftermath. I can't trust her to accurately assess the consequences of removing or replacing the sibil system since she hasn't demonstrated the intelligence necessary to critically think about such complex ethics.

Hmm I don't completely disagree with you. So far, she hasn't shooten anyone to death. Given how lawful she is (even more than Sibyl System at times) she should at least be able to shoot when law permits, but nah. Either some distraction takes place or she tries to lower their CC so that the dominator can only paralyze the target. That or someone else does the dirty work of her. It rubs me off, too. I want to see if her hue will get cloudy on killing somebody... Still, I like how even Sibyl System is not as rightful as her, she's the single most pacific entity in the series, that's what I like about her. She's the only one who has the power to make Sibyl System reconsider their thinking and thats' really cool imo. At the same time

TragicRomanceApr 21, 2017 8:50 AM
Apr 22, 2017 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
TragicRomance said:

Hmm I don't completely disagree with you. So far, she hasn't shooten anyone to death. Given how lawful she is (even more than Sibyl System at times) she should at least be able to shoot when law permits, but nah. Either some distraction takes place or she tries to lower their CC so that the dominator can only paralyze the target. That or someone else does the dirty work of her. It rubs me off, too. I want to see if her hue will get cloudy on killing somebody... Still, I like how even Sibyl System is not as rightful as her, she's the single most pacific entity in the series, that's what I like about her. She's the only one who has the power to make Sibyl System reconsider their thinking and thats' really cool imo. At the same time

I couldn't care less whether her hue gets cloudy, because philosophically speaking your beliefs are more important than your brain's chemical state in determining whether you will commit moral or immoral actions. She puts the law far above its potential value at the cost of others. In fact her belief in the law is so absurd I wonder why the series ever bothered showing her going out of her way to reduce suspects' hues in order to safely apprehend them. It doesn't do ANY GOOD when she is totally complicit in a system that creates criminals out of victims in the first place. Just because you don't kill or hate killing doesn't make you morally good - a rich man who hoards food at the expense of others is evil, even if he doesn't directly harm anyone. (don't get me wrong, mental state alone can make you more likely to hurt people, but evil is far more complex than robbery or murder).

So here's the big fact bomb that kills the sibil system: people can BELIEVE they're good or doing good things regardless of whether those beliefs and actions are actually moral. And the reverse is true; there may be a scenario which killing a person is morally justified. Despite this, the sibil system doesn't seem to care about moral and ethical theories. A televangelist is a very corrupt and evil kind of person, who demonstrably harms society and gets rich at the expense of others, but the sibil system would not perceive this person as necessary to bring to justice. Cult leaders hold and spread obviously harmful beliefs that the sibil system could not detect because the cult leader often buys his or her own hype. If the person has sincere belief in the goodness of their actions, the sibil system falls flat.

Because sincere beliefs inform our actions and because beliefs can be inconsistent with the moral value of an action, anyone with a 101 course in ethics under their belt could clearly see the sibil system isn't doing anyone any favors. If anything the system causes its society direct harm by institutionalizing incorrect and sometimes harmful beliefs. The fact that sibil seems to run the education system makes it even worse. I haven't seen the movie yet but I hope that the sibil system gets destroyed. No kind of evil should ever be tolerated; just because crime is worse in other nations doesn't suddenly make the system good.

~

Apr 24, 2017 1:35 PM
Apr 2017
I quite liked the ending :)
The introduction of the new inspector was a nice callback to the beginning of the anime.

Of course the showdown between Kogami and Shogo was brilliant. It's just sad to see Kogami leave. I quite liked him. So I'm probably going to miss him if he doesn't come back lol.

Tomorrow will be Psycho-Pass 2! :D
I hope it is just as good as this one.
May 2, 2017 8:17 AM
Jan 2014
God dammit this looked to me like a pre-Eclipse scene from Berserk. It was beautiful tbh.

That's the all thing I could think of . A future Griffith and Guts.
Praise the Sun.
May 6, 2017 5:19 PM

Apr 2017
So it ends.

Well, I started the series with a lot of excitement because of the main idea and the setting of a society based on a system that judges people on how probable it is that they commit a crime. The first episodes got me really hooked. Then all the idea of pursuing only one villain kinda let me down. That wasn't so original, I thought the reasoning about facing the system was likely to come up from some main characters, but it wasn't the case. Anyway, I liked it on the whole. I liked the way that Kogami continued to live his own life, without the bonds with Sybil. I liked the way of living that Akane decided to follow. It's obvious that it'll break down at some point, and she sees that the way things are is the best they can aspire to.

I miss Kagari :(
May 29, 2017 1:53 AM

Apr 2017
All the hate for the Sibyl System severely damages my faith in IRL humanity...
Jun 3, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2010
Meh it was okay. Had some interesting moments
Jun 7, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2009
Thorn_Wall said:
why is that? the sibyl system clearly can't tell criminal intent from psychological trauma. That's just one of many of its flaws

~

Jun 7, 2017 11:23 PM

Apr 2017
Crusader_8 said:
Thorn_Wall said:
why is that? the sibyl system clearly can't tell criminal intent from psychological trauma. That's just one of many of its flaws

First, thank you for your thoughtful response to my more offensive comment on a show you like so much. I see from our respective ratings that we hold significantly different views on this show (I gave it 5/10).

I only recall one instance where the sibyl system responded to psychological trauma: the scene in one of the first few episodes where the woman was attacked. It's been a while since I saw the series, and I did take a multi-month break after around the seventh episode, so there may be some instances I'm forgetting.

I personally am willing to forgive systems for some amount of error. I don't think it is possible to build a perfect justice system. There will always be innocents punished and guilty free. So these mistakes of the Sibyl System do not concern me.

My original comment was more in response to viewer and character reactions to the Sibyl System. These seem to mostly agree in their assessment of the Sibyl System as evil. I find the situation much too muddy to call anything or anyone evil. The fact that so many feel sure in this designation as evil is what disturbs me so much. If the situation is as complex and morally ambiguous as I make it out to be, the very act of calling the system evil becomes a perversion of justice...

(below are sections copied from my comments on previous Psycho-Pass episodes)

I have a strong disconnect between Akane and the other characters. They are horrified by the "true form" of the Sibyl System, but I can only think "so what?" Yes, many (most?) of the brains are those of terrible criminals. The System should be judged by its product and not its composition, however. What has the Sibyl System done to warrant so much horror? Killing Kagari? Akane's own reaction to the true form of the System provides practical justification for that action. On the other hand, the System has been caring for and supporting a whole civilization for years. I think dismissal of the Sibyl System based on its "true form" is a narrow-minded approach.

What is justice? Must all criminals be punished by imprisonment, inaction, or death? As part of the Sibyl System, they are doing a HUGE amount of community service work, and they have lost their physical bodies. That could be considered their just punishment.

I'm actually quite impressed by the Sibyl System. It incorporates brains in cannot understand, and therefore cannot read enough to generate a crime coefficient. That sounds like the most open-minded system in the world where change is possible! It is actively looking for new diverse opinions (not just intellectual and elite opinions as some other comments have implied) to incorporate into itself! This sort of mindset is something we desperately need in the real world. With all of those diverse brains working together so intimately in the Sibyl System, they would be able to achieve a truly functional democracy-like society.
Thorn_WallJun 7, 2017 11:32 PM
Jun 8, 2017 1:55 AM

Dec 2009
people in the show will call the system evil because the typical audience can't discern or even maintain a nuanced or informed position on something (so they have to dumb down dialogue into easy-to-follow black & white). The proper word to describe sibyl system is "unethical." additional words beyond that would be unjust, unjustified, flawed, authoritarian, etc. Not a system that I would condone by any means.

You may just remember episode 1, but most of the show goes into various examples of how the mere existence of the sibyl system creates the anxiety and stress recipe necessary to push people into being criminally judged by that system. It's possible you weren't paying well enough attention, and by your description it's entirely possible we watched two completely different shows. The mental facilities and the undignified manner in which latent criminals are treated directly work against their attempts to lower or maintain a low psycho pass. Heck, a major ongoing topic was how many characters constantly feared that the mere exposure to criminal activity could threaten Akane's psycho Pass reading. And anyone who is good at psychology, regardless of their moral beliefs or lack of criminal intent, get labeled as latent criminals by the system. Actual justice is when we punish criminals for their crimes. The psycho pass system pro-actively judges people by their neuro-chemical makeup and not by their actions or beliefs. Their society surrendered all of their liberties and autonomy for something that clearly can't even fairly guarantee safety. Especially when several criminals in the show, once their psycho pass went bad, acknowledged this and decided "heck I may as well do bad things since now my life is over."

The biggest problem of the sibyl system however is the atrocious lack of accountability. So much power has been surrendered to the system to the point which the belief in the system being perfect prevents any actual criticism or flaws to be seriously considered/addressed. Notice how, despite the heroine's disgust in the first episode toward the crime ruining a victim's psycho pass (thereby ruining their life from then on), everyone just moved along like it was a fair price to pay for security? The sibyl system breeds that kind of mentality and culture and goes against everything we value as individuals with liberty and rights. The fact that the psychology professor is forced to live on the fringe of society because there was a 100% guarantee he would be falsely labeled as a criminal - does that not raise any alarms to you? Isn't that a big enough hint that a society should not be run like this?

What's worse is that the chief reason people believe in the system is because, as a computer system, the people believe it is impartial and therefore fair. But if they actually knew it was a group of human brains, their trust in that system would be thrown out the window. While it is true that all governments fail to have 100% transparency with their citizens, we strive to improve our societies in ways to keep our governments as transparent and as accountable for their actions as possible. There are no checks and balances for sibyl, there is no justice for the people, and there is no liberty to enjoy along with the security that isn't even that good considering how easy it is for a sociopath to threaten the infrastructure. (heck, technology made it stupidly easy to get around the sibyl system too).

I'd also like to add that since the sibyl system has made Akane's life hella-cozy, and that she isn't really that educated in philosophy and psychology, I wouldn't trust her assessment of the system for a second. In other words, her POV is quite biased on the matter.

I've yet to see a convincing argument in defense of the sibyl system

~

Jun 22, 2017 1:04 PM
Jun 2016
It wasnt da best end, but still acceptable I guess
Jun 23, 2017 1:29 PM

May 2013
Overall, I give the series a 7/10. There were really good and just okay episodes.

Yay, Kou gets his freedom C: I feel like he's gonna return in S2. We'll see.

Akane training the newbie like the way she was welcomed.
I'm glad Gino respects Masaoka more now and got rid of his fake glasses lololol

Wish Yayoi played a bigger part in the series but whuttevs.
I want my Kagari back ;A;

Maki's death was satisfying. The other times he got away was just on luck. His combat skills are pretty good, but it wouldn't make sense for him to get away in the end, so that headshot was pretty good.
Jun 28, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Wew I liked the comparsion and similarity of the first scene in the first episode and the last scene in the last episode. Gave a nice touch to the development of the characters.

R.i.p Makishima though. 7/10
Sep 4, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah this one gets my 5th 10/10. Absolute masterpiece, everything I want in a story is here. A cast of likable and fleshed out characters, a brilliant setting, an unpredictable and thought provoking plot which raises many mysteries as it goes along, and one of my favourite villains of all time. Easily in my top 5.
Sep 5, 2017 6:52 AM
Jan 2012
This was a great ending. I kinda expected Ginoza to become an Enforcer, but I didn't expect the surviving friend from the Rikako case to become a police officer. Isn't she a bit young? Well, at least she found a way to deal with her guilty regarding the death of her friend.

Psycho-Pass made me very uncomfortable at times, but there is nothing about it that was of bad or average quality. Great cast, great and detestable villains, great visuals, great music. I will have to give it a 10/10.
Nov 22, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
How to properly summarize my take on PP.......at times brilliant while at times predictable cliched, at times highly original and thought provoking while sometimes cheap irrational drama. Atleast my likeness for Akane grew as the show progressed, while Ginoza's deteriorated. Still 8/10
Apr 3, 2018 6:40 PM
May 2012
im disappointed in that ending. they could have gone alot of ways and it was like hyping it up for nothing. but i guess its over. 7/10 for me. was gonna give it a 9 but the ending dropped for me.
Apr 29, 2018 5:07 PM

May 2017
Can't help but feel underwhelmed by this ending. All this time i felt like man this is it, all this build up its going to get epic now but yea that didn't happen. I wanted a longer scene on makishma and kougami's final moment.. welp it started and ended rather weird with akane interfering in between which i wasn't a big fan of.. could have been done much better.. Also what the HELL is this terrible lead up to season2? Yeaaah i think im gonna pass on season 2 (atleast for now) looking at how the rating dropped from season 1 to season 2 just makes wanna watch it even less.

The show had a ton of potential. Akane wasn't a BAD character but she also wasn't fit for a protagonist in my opinion. The show should have focused more on Kougami instead of her.
May 6, 2018 4:21 AM

Apr 2009
Very satisfying ending, I thought to the last second that Kogami would step away and hand Makishima over to Akane, but no. Bullet to the head. Can't say he didn't deserve it.
Gino indeed became an Enforcer, this was expected. Like father, like son.

The sibyl system stays on, this was also expected. To be honest, I do agree with Akane and sibyl itself - if the system gives you a peaceful society almost free of crime, it's worth some sacrifices.
On the other hand, having your future planned out for you, and some other aspects of the system (like no possibility of redemption beyond some point) are something straight out of a totalitarian dream.
I really understand and agree with the conception that it's way better to deal with an intent than with a crime already committed, but where does the line lie? Would every person convicted for their intent truly and actually do what their intent was? Or would some still go back on their thoughts and stay within the law, but never had the chance?
Great anime, poses some very interesting questions. I might even forget the miraculous jump to conclusion some episodes before, when Kogami guessed exactly what Makishima plans to do :p (hate that kind of stuff)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 18, 2018 6:01 AM
Nov 2017
Really liked the ending where Akane was now experienced & passing on the same stuff she'd been told to the newbie. Will watch season 2 to see this dynamic between the 2 of them.
Anime_UKAug 18, 2018 6:07 AM
Sep 6, 2018 11:38 AM
Dec 2014
Just finished this episode and I am overall happy with it.

My main issue is.. why did Makishima let Akane go after the revolver ran out of bullet? Even wounded, a man of his skill (I liked that flashkick he did on the flashbang) would have no problem killing Akane quickly without a gun. It is shown that after he tried to fire the empty gun, he recognised her, but how does that change his decision to spare her. Akane has shown a lot of growth since their last meeting, but surely for him (who shouldn't be aware of anything Akane knows / has done), she is still just a disappointment that failed his test before? The only person he has spared before was Kogami after he's proven his entertainment value before.

Another thing I found a bit suspect is how Kogami, who was shown to have practiced with the revolver, failed to get Makishima when the later didn't notice him until the shot was fired, while Akane, who probably never held a traditional firearm before (she was kind of examining it when she picked it up), was able to puncture the tyre while hanging on the back of a fast moving truck.

Kinda glad to see Mika as the new inspector, though the timeskip seem too short for that. She seems to have a keen eye, in the way she was weary of Rikako while everyone idolises her.. though not keen enough to not send her close friend to her (to be fair, it is one thing to find someone uncomfortable and another to suspect them of being some psychopathic serial murderer). I wonder how she was recruited though, I thought that the population only get take the exam that determines their future career after higher education (college/uni equivalent).

Overall I am happy with the series. I was a bit worried at first because while the series had a lot of good ingredients, those ingredients were all from good, well established shows, so it might be hard to enjoy it without thinking that it is a poor rip off. But in the end, I think that it managed to be it's own show and a pretty fine one. I would give this a solid 8/10. Perhaps had I watched the extended version, I would have giving it 8.5. Onto season 2!
Sep 10, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2015
This ending made me incredibly sad and somewhat empty.
Now I have to decide whether it's a good thing or not.
Nov 7, 2018 5:42 AM
Jun 2017
And so the cycle continues. For a moment I thought that Sybil would take Akane's brain but glad to be wrong, at least for this season.
Nov 7, 2018 6:00 AM
Jun 2017
AxBattler said:
Just finished this episode and I am overall happy with it.

My main issue is.. why did Makishima let Akane go after the revolver ran out of bullet? Even wounded, a man of his skill (I liked that flashkick he did on the flashbang) would have no problem killing Akane quickly without a gun. It is shown that after he tried to fire the empty gun, he recognised her, but how does that change his decision to spare her. Akane has shown a lot of growth since their last meeting, but surely for him (who shouldn't be aware of anything Akane knows / has done), she is still just a disappointment that failed his test before? The only person he has spared before was Kogami after he's proven his entertainment value before.

Another thing I found a bit suspect is how Kogami, who was shown to have practiced with the revolver, failed to get Makishima when the later didn't notice him until the shot was fired, while Akane, who probably never held a traditional firearm before (she was kind of examining it when she picked it up), was able to puncture the tyre while hanging on the back of a fast moving truck.

Kinda glad to see Mika as the new inspector, though the timeskip seem too short for that. She seems to have a keen eye, in the way she was weary of Rikako while everyone idolises her.. though not keen enough to not send her close friend to her (to be fair, it is one thing to find someone uncomfortable and another to suspect them of being some psychopathic serial murderer). I wonder how she was recruited though, I thought that the population only get take the exam that determines their future career after higher education (college/uni equivalent).

Overall I am happy with the series. I was a bit worried at first because while the series had a lot of good ingredients, those ingredients were all from good, well established shows, so it might be hard to enjoy it without thinking that it is a poor rip off. But in the end, I think that it managed to be it's own show and a pretty fine one. I would give this a solid 8/10. Perhaps had I watched the extended version, I would have giving it 8.5. Onto season 2!

Wow, I didn't realise that the new inspector was Mika till you pointed it out. I think it was pointed out that both Akane and Mika were minors when they joined. Maybe the population gets exams around 16 or 17.
As for why Makashima spared Akane? I think he realised that fate(plot) needed her, lol, on a serious note he was pretty busted up as it is, killing Akane would give Kougami enough time to kill him instead.
Nov 10, 2018 3:31 AM

Nov 2014
Definitely an interesting take on the concept of a utopian perfect system. Despite the fact that it creates the most peaceful functioning society, it's pretty much a nightmare for those rejected by the system.

It's crazy that after we gone through the entire show, nothing has changed in society and we are still pretty much stuck with a status quo. Akane has her entire world view shook, yet still knew that she was utterly powerless and that the Sibyl system while it has its flaws was still the most efficient way of running society.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 27, 2018 10:43 AM
Jan 2014
Dr-Eyes said:
Disappointing ending, disliked it.
First half of the finale was thrilling, and very good, however the second was a total mess.

So, in the end everything is back to normal, no conclusion at all, sums it up:
The system is presented---> a Villain appears ---> a lot of problems within the system, riots, ideas many other things ----> villain is dead and everything is back to normal? So all of it was about killing a villain? That's the final result?!
Not a satisfying ending at all.

Now for the personal Evaluation:

Animation: 9/10 – fluid movements, and generally good visuals on the Sci-Fi aspects.

Art: 8/10- wanted to rate it a 7 at first because some of the characters designs weren’t that good imo, but then other characters have a great design, everything else is good-great.

Sounds: Great effects, very good voice acting, above average soundtrack, (using classical music won’t increase the score since its not original) 8/10
OP/ED were shit, so no bonuses here.

Story: The worst aspect of this show, the story starts pretty well, pacing has some issues but its still good nonetheless, however the conclusion is weak imo, I don’t mind killing the main villain although he was the best character in the whole show, but what bothered me is that everything is back to normal as if nothing happened, the people of the country are dull, its not logical at all. -2 for the conclusion and -1 for the pacing and -1 for the illogical stuff. 6/10

Characters: While there was not much development for all the characters, I think they were good, most of them were really good, Rikako was interesting, main characters are all good, especially Makishima ( one of the best villains imo) Kogami is very good too, Akane,Masaoka , good traits as well.
I hated the chief, needed a bit more development, other than that its great. 9/10

Enjoyment: at first it was boring, until episode 7 it got a bit entertaining and at episode 11 it became entertaining, not very enjoyable though. I would say 8/10.

Value: if there was no Ghost in the Shell then I would rate it high here, but its clear that this was inspired by GitS, so all this cyber police stuff will get no credit from me, the only thing that gets credit here is the whole system to measure the crime, though I think its lame af, I think It was innovative. 6/10

Bonuses: Doesn’t excel at anything, nothing spectacular that makes it stands alone in the medium so no bonuses.

Best Episode: 11
Worst Episode: 14

Overall: Psycho-Pass is a good series, but lacks a lot in the story section, and I don’t know if I will check season 2 because it feels like a repeated cycle and by looking at its rating I think it will be a bad repeated series as well.

Nevertheless I do think this series is worth watching, especially for those who like cyber-crime police thriller-action.

My Final Rating: 7.8/10

I will rate 7 for now instead of 8 because I think it doesn’t deserve an 8.

I feel the same way too, while I was watching the rating I gave this show was 7/10.

After I finished and gave it about a week's time for a thought, I dropped the rating to 5/10. Mostly because of the stupid ending.

The ending was very disappointing.
Dec 29, 2018 12:25 AM

May 2016
Despite Akane's best efforts, Shinya still managed to kill Makishima who was very weakened by the truck crash and his nasty knife wound. There's no way he'll be accepted into the MPSB ever again but he finally put a stop to the person who did the most damage and wreaked the most terror under the Sibyl System's watchful eye. It's pretty much like Batman killing the Joker after all the havoc he had caused at the cost of everything he had. I hope he'll still come back as the good guy next season.

Turns out that Ginoza was faking the glasses look all along which he probably used to look more authoritative and intimidating because he has no need for it anymore after being demoted into an Enforcer. Despite its inclusion being rather unnecessary, it was somewhat expected that Shion will get laid with Yayoi because she did try flirting with the guys throughout the show and they all didn't find her to be their type lmao

The girl from the Ouryouu case turned out to be the new cadet who'll be filling in Ginoza's position and her first case turned out to be just like the one Akane just did in episode one. The cycle continues even after the big reveal of Sybil's true nature and only time can tell when Akane will decide that she's had enough of this shit.

Mar 13, 2019 12:16 AM
Feb 2019
Reading the comments I don't understand why people were expecting something hugely dramatic. The story ended perfectly and as realistic as it could get. It was always more about the philosophy behind the characters' actions to bringing a better society.

Makishima was determined to bring down the system which would instead bring chaos to society since they've grown to depend on it. The MWPSB was about upholding law and order, so they were never going to join up and start some stupid revolutionary war against Sybil.
Makishima was sure an interesting and complex villain, but its quite obvious he's more interested in seeing the destruction society would cause upon itself due to the system being forcefully taken away from them.

Akane was right to stay within the system. But she of course has grown as a character and acknowledges how flawed yet necessary Sybil is. She is going to strive toward a better future where society will no longer need Sybil. Which I am excited to see how that journey continues into Season 3. That's if she's in it :( How much change can she do to society in her lifetime? How much closer will we be to a future without Sybil?

Akane has to be in Season 3. Its her story about how her subtle influence on society will push toward the end of Sybil's reign. Either that or she will help to make Sybil evolve into a better system.
Mar 23, 2019 7:56 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, I should've noticed the flags in episode 2. Fixing the clothes, lighting a cigarette and being a bit flirty with Akane. Yep they had to be lesbian xD

The finale had everything I hoped for action, emotions and it showed how the characters have changed over the course of these 22 episodes, pretty great.. Makishimas final struggle also reminded me of another psychotic character who met his end. R.I.P. you were an entertaining "villain".

And I liked the last scene in particular, which proved how much Akane has grown.

Awesome show overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2019 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
Shougo Makishima was the most impressive villain I've ever seen.
On the whole, thought-provoking story. That was very interesting :D
Jun 2, 2019 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
Didnt quite stand the rewatch for me (2 1/2 years since I finished S1). Maybe I shouldnt have rushed it or paid more attention. I enjoy other shows in a rewatch, so my taste hasnt changed. Maybe knowing how this ends was the problem? I wont drop my score for now since I really rushed it, 2 evenings only and I have done other stuff meanwhile.

I remembered this show as L vs Kira from 3rd person view. But that wasnt quite right. Akane was kinda annoying as she kept interfering between the real protags.
IMO she should have started as a side character and developed into a MC over time, ready to take over in season 2. Now the problem is she is too boring for a MC, especially when 2 more interesting persons are sidelined for her screentime. The sibyl system itself really isnt the selling point, neither is the police work. Its Makishima and Kogami. They should have gotten even more screentime. Maybe change them for developed akane when Kogami goes solo. I think that would have been the best in terms of perspective.

As others pointed out, after Makishima was done NOTHING has changed. Kinda weak.

Seeing the scores this shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone, but with Makishima Psycho Pass died. Season 2 doesnt hold up at all. The movie is better than s2 atleast. Maybe S3 will be good again? But I doubt it. The sibyl system cant replace Makishima.

Imagine GITS, but the with only police work.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 3, 2019 1:03 AM

Aug 2017
Nooo Makishima. RIP. Also, Ginoza was demoted into an Enforcer.

About the ending, yes I liked that it basically ended where it started but ultimately things didn't change lmao.

7/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Mar 2018
Great S01. Gosh, I love this show. I am sad that the second season seems to suck because this was excellent. A 10/10 from me. My heart ached for Gino (he really lost everyone he loved - his dad is dead and Kou is on the run)...and also for Akane. She tried everything to keep Kougami safe. Up next: the movie!
Jul 7, 2019 8:09 AM

Dec 2014
I am left with mixed feelings here...like what
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.