Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 4:35 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, definitely need a sequel.. There are still mysteries there like Saiga Jouji there and Kogami reading Makishima favourite's novel? CMIIW.. Kinda nostalgic/funny seeing Akane greet the newbie, it's exactly the same as how Ginoza did to her at the 1st eps..
Keep moving forward
Mar 21, 2013 4:36 PM
Jan 2013
I was expecting the ending to generate very mixed reactions and this is actually a good thing. this season ( i really hope there is a second one) should have been 20 episodes long the previous three episodes were the weakest part in this show, they were so very underwhelming.this is very sad given how splendid this last episode was the first part was sipmly sublime ! If we apply some of the complaints about the open endedness of the show,then, 80% of modernist and posmodernist fiction would be thrown in the dustbin. this show could not but have had an open ended last episode
this was a perfect last episode, urobuchi likes to make his audience think and interpret by themsleves and that's the stongest component of this show
selma26Mar 21, 2013 4:43 PM
Mar 21, 2013 4:37 PM

Aug 2011
Leaulux said:
edl01 said:
Leaulux said:
This episode was a complete mockery of the Anime: Psycho Pass.

Everyone lost except for the Sibyl System. It is apparent that the creator of this series wanted to emphasis that we are slaves to Destiny and have no control over it.

To further piss on the viewers, the creator decided to shove our noses further into the dirt by showing the characters in a endless cycle of slavery as indicated by the end of the show.

This also closes most chances at having a second series because of the new inspector that was made to resemble Akane when she was young and naive, Gino becoming his father's shadow and Akane a cross between Kogami and Gino.

Kogami defeated his rival, and now is on the run. The Anime team knew that this was the perfect way to get by so that they didn't feel the need to make a Second Season / Further Conclusion by leaving the end of the show to the viewer's imagination.

You expected a happy and fufilling ending where everyones problems where solved and the world went back to peace? You are aware this show is written by Gen Urobachi...right?

No. Your response is exactly what the ending of the Anime: Psycho Pass was about and I do not like it.

I wanted the defeat of Makishima to occur, but at the same time be bitter sweet and a profound experience on Kougami.

Afterwards, the Sibyl System would declare Akane and Kougami to be "Enemies Of The State" and this would open the door to Season 2 which would show the two of them on the run, traveling across the mainland of Asia and Japan. (to create more World-Building and show the aftermath of the Third World War that led to the creation of the Sibyl System to create a Utopia)

In the process, Akane and Kougami would create a revolution to overthrow the Sibyl System and they would also have to deal with the Anarchists connected to Yayoi from Season 1.

Not every show will end up as you want it to be. Deal with it, and no. This episode was not the mockery to this show, of course there were some lose ends in this show, but not enough it would have changed the ending.

wheelock said:
zellami said:
Onbuu said:
So... While at the "Brain Room" Akane is basiclly saying:" I dont like Sybil System, but i dont have balls to fight against it(in any form), im just waiting someone else to do it." You're such a good role model....

Yeah. How about to educate the SS immediately by shooting down some brain jars as a retribution for the dead Enforcers. Instead, we have something like "You'll see!", then Sybil sits them all back where it wanted. Expect further social improvements by the Company Girl and the 95% of successfully conditioned humans (living it well off).

I was spitting at the screen for her to do something in that scene, so that was disappointing to me. I don't understand why she didn't. Well I mean, I do. Because it wouldn't fit the ending as they planned, but dammit.

Kids please. What would she use to shoot those jars with? The Dominators are powered through those silly brains and they have total control on it. If she was there to kill those brains in the first place, they would already have known through her Psycho-Pass. Though not letting her have an audience with them in the first place and somehow eliminated her. A bit logical thinking isn't bad y'know.
Mar 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
i dont get it why soo many are disapointed with the ending
i loved it well exept Makishimas death cause he would this way otr the other have died anyways soo wouldnt have became a brain in a jar

also the end and the beginning it all is a loop or people always making the same mistakes as before
and now two ladies are on top of the hunting dogs
it started soo well with 2males-became 1male 1 female and ended= with 2 females ;D
Mar 21, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
The series wasn't perfect and there were things that irked me, but I'm rating it 10/10. The reason is, despite it's flaws, I completely enjoyed it. May downgrade the score at a later time as I tend to change my mind, but for now it will stay.

Ragix said:
Then I feel like they kind of downplayed Makishima's death, they're was meaning behind his final words, but then it essentially just turned into chasing a bleeding man to his grave, so it didn't feel as 'epic' as I was hoping his death would be.

Overall it was really a fantastic anime, but I think the ending lost a bit of its momentum. Loved it though and I'd like to hope a second season could somehow arise.

This would be my biggest qualm with the ending. I like the general route that they went regarding the Sibyl System, as I stated earlier. But I was hoping for something a bit bigger or more meaningful with Makishima.
Mar 21, 2013 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
8/10
Great animation.
Needed a bit more lighthearted smaller character interactions.
Oh, and a kiss scene between Kougami and Akane.
She was calling him Kougami-san till the very end.
Mar 21, 2013 4:43 PM
Mar 2013
Psycho pass is definitely going to be one of my favourite anime.
The ending was kinda disapointing but it was realistic and I seriously hope that they'll bring out a second season (the last 10 seconds of the episode was kinda hinting it...I think.) and I never thought that Mika would enroll in the MWSP haha
Mar 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Mar 2013
Kratos_Ortega said:
Kids please. What would she use to shoot those jars with? The Dominators are powered through those silly brains and they have total control on it. If she was there to kill those brains in the first place, they would already have known through her Psycho-Pass. Though not letting her have an audience with them in the first place and somehow eliminated her. A bit logical thinking isn't bad y'know.

Lmao I see your point.
Mar 21, 2013 4:48 PM
Oct 2010
YESSSS glad he got a new hole. faggot

HGNGGGGG that lezzy action :3

damn ginoza became an enforcer. was a almost tear moemnt with him. he looks so awesome without his glasses but looks like makishima. badass stuff. wonder if there will be a second season. kinda built up that way
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 21, 2013 4:49 PM

Nov 2007
The fated fight. The girl came and the enemy disappeared. The pair reunited (sort of) to catch the bad guy, but in the end back to alone. He killed the bad guy, and end of chase.

The boss without the glasses, with high crime number?? lol @ the reason for wearing glasses. So everyone in the team became officers with crime (that means the boss is ex-boss)?? New girl joining.

Continues??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
KingCez said:
damn ginoza became an enforcer. was a almost tear moemnt with him. he looks so awesome without his glasses but looks like makishima. badass stuff. wonder if there will be a second season. kinda built up that way

I'm torn on that issue. In a way, I kind of think it would be a good thing for him.
Mar 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2012
First off id like to point out that I really liked the Anime and the ending was pretty damn good. The fight at the beginning was awesome but obviously too short but you can't have everything I guess. Seems When KO was in top form Makishima didn't really stand a chance. Akane was cool at the end and the very end was just like the beginning when she was new. The fallen inspector(cant spell name) seems to be a different person now(better). KO seems to be doing his own thing now hopefully he's still himself. Definitely need a S2 with KO helping them on the side or something.

Overall I rated it a 8/10 but it is so close to being a 9.
One of my top 10.....
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 21, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
So they went with open ending.. well.. but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Second season, here I come!

8/10 for me (would be 9/10 if it had better closure)

also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Search_of_Lost_Time#Volume_One:_Swann.27s_Way
Mar 21, 2013 4:53 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode, probably not an epic ending (understanding as epic ending something on the levels of LOGH's ending) but still a pretty good way to end the series. Awesome setting, great character development, great plot, I can't give it anything less than 9,75/10.

I hope that message at the end hints for a sequel, prequel or something related to this world.
Mar 21, 2013 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
Finally, it is an anime that was correct. (¾ of the anime was average and uninteresting) There are really unnecessary characters. The end continues as if nothing had happened with the system Sybil (very disappointing). There were so useless episodes that some questions could be answered instead.

7/10(for the anime)

Perhaps OVA, but the best of the anime were used(so I hope no tv anime)

Gen Urobuchi, you are better for writing Visual Novel.( Back to your sources)
Mar 21, 2013 5:05 PM
Jan 2013
i would also give it 10/10 despite it's flaws just for the exhilarating endings of most of the episodes and for the first part of this episode. I didn't find makishima's death disappointing in the least on the contrary, i felt like makishima was the one this story is really about and he will remain one of the best and most ambiguous villains in anime. his last words are a commentary on the current Japanese society and I'm sure they apply to many other societies, that bloody hand mark he leaves on the ground pretty much sums up the tragedy of his character and ironically links him back to all the previous psychopaths whom he abandoned when they proved to be not up to his expectations. kogami's answer that he does not wish to find a replacement for makishima is also ironically satisfying for makishima and kogami knows that because he understands him perfectly well
Mar 21, 2013 5:07 PM

Oct 2009
Not the worst ending I've seen, but it definitely could've been much better.

We're looped back to Episode 1, somewhat. Ginoza replacing Masaoka, Akane replaces Ginoza, Mika replaces Akane, and Kogami replaces Makishima.

Overall: 8/10
Recommend: Yes.

Mar 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
Amarrez said:
I was going to bitch about some of it, but...

Series redeemed.

Amen.
Mar 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
This show needs a S2. I gave it a 8/10 given some of the eps were fantastic and the show did creat alot of debate.

On the other hand some eps were bland, and the ending just seems to be a repeat of what happend before. Not happy with that bit at all. Honestly I feel an 8 from me might be too high of a score. But compaired to some shows this season its good.
Mar 21, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2012
The ending did feel like it was lacking, but still an incredible show overall.
It's quite sad to see the series end.
Mar 21, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2012
I was disappointed by the ending. It was just so underwhelming for me.. It's as if the whole revelation with the true form of the sibyl system was for nothing. Nothing changed aside from characters either dying/leaving or positions changing. They pretty much just end it where it began..

I would have given the show an 8/10 had it atleast went with an ending that layed the ground work for a second season to continue where it left off, but nope.

A 7 will do since the rest of the series was good.
Mar 21, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
So in the end nothing really changed? That is so lame.
Mar 21, 2013 5:26 PM

Jun 2011
7/10, or a 6 ? Hm, dunno, leaving it at 7/10 for now. Still don't like Akane, main reason I couldn't enjoy the show, dat fugly character with her fugly haircut, her annoying voice and her personality, urgh… And the Sybil system goes on.

Talk about anime without development…

Hope a season two with more Yayoi x Shion, need moar Yuri, and some changes !
Mar 21, 2013 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
Great series, 9/10.
Mar 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Feb 2009
What a great show, it started slow but it got better and better, the only negative thing I can say it's that the character development wasn't that good, best examples of it are Ginoza, Masaoka, Yayoi, Shion and Kagari. The time and the episodes that the series had were focused most in it's world that in the characters. Akane was probably the only one that was very well develop. But besides that the series was too damn entertaining, great antagonist, Makishima, you will always be remember, and Kougami was one hell of an enforcer and a great main character who wasn't explored (develop) very deeply. I was hoping for a better relationship between Kougami and Makishima, kinda like Spike and Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) type. Anyways I kinda think that Kougami can be the antagonist in the second season, if not then who can replace Makishima? Cause he was an awesome antagonist, only the Sybil system is left and seriously the Sybil system was boring, so another theory of mine is that the second season can be focused on Kougami been the protagonist and his attempt to destroy the Sybil system (antagonist), while on the run from the Public Safety Bureau and Akane. Anyways eager to hear what they say about 2nd season.

Story: 9/10
Art: 8/10
Animation: 8.5/10
Character: 7/10
Music/Sound: 9.5/10

Overall: 8/10
Zero_samaMar 28, 2013 10:24 PM

May 2011
8/10..ending was a bit lacking and it was basically episode one again. I have a feeling Akane won't be as cold as Gino though..

Feb 2012
Kay-dash said:

Hope a season two with more Yayoi x Shion, need moar Yuri, and some changes !
If they ever make a second season ( Which I doubt ), I agree!

That little scene in the end with both of them in bed was awesome :)
Mar 21, 2013 5:40 PM

Aug 2011
The ending just didn't seem very exciting, but overall the series was quite interesting. At least there's plenty of room to continue the story, since it didn't feel like the true end of Psycho-Pass <SYByL still continues...> Kogami doesn't know the true form of the Sibil System yet.
Mar 21, 2013 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Nice buildup to Makishima's death. The ending suggests a second season, though I think it might be better off without it.
Mar 21, 2013 5:43 PM

Jan 2009
nice Makishima Shougo is dead, and lol Yayoi delicious yuri scene right there, i love it the ending eventhough i usually hate open ending anime but this one has some closure too since Shougo died, their is a possibility of second season but they can leave it as is

i gave this a 9/10
Mar 21, 2013 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
Th ending was a bit underwhelming, but overall a good series. Sybil was never going to go away that easily.
Mar 21, 2013 5:48 PM
Sep 2011
lol what a waste of a series

urobuchi please think of what you're writing next time and think it through (carefully) before making the most try-hard grindark and intelligent (and failing to be one) series ever, i'd also recommend a book how not to write predictable plot twists and on logic since you kind of escaped it,

the entire time

glad to see that nothing really changed though!!!! thanks for pointing out all the flaws in this society and failing to actually resolve them. exactly what i needed from a show.
Mar 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
There won't be a second season. Maybe a movie sequel. I would be shocked if there was a full S2. This is an original anime that ran 22 episodes, not 24. To me that means the story content took this many episodes to cover and that's the end. Since it is an original series, I think that in itself means the end is here. But you never know.

It ended where it all began with characters taking on new roles. Classic way to end a series...bringing it all back around. Yes there are some questions left unanswered but for the most part there is resolution. I think the way it ended was the intended way. A goal has been stated but it will take a very long time before it can be accomplished ie a huge time leap if you all wanted to see SIByL shut down and there still be a functional society left over. 9/10 but could give it a 10/10.

The ending followed the progression of the show...how the hell are you going to change society that drastically? In the short term, how is she going to open everyone's eyes to how things really are when social chaos is one outcome or having herself eliminated by SIByL is the other outcome. She isn't one to go rogue. Like I said, a movie sequel maybe. Not anytime soon. A full S2..doubtful. But you....never....know.
IZEROIIMar 21, 2013 6:04 PM
Mar 21, 2013 5:54 PM
Feb 2013
I wanted to see the system collapse. The ending was too open for my taste. I don't want a second season though since Makishima died.
Mar 21, 2013 6:22 PM

May 2010
really they're just gonna be controlled by the system? and in the end Akane became what Ginoza was in the beginning from sweet to cold hearted ironic. also Shion and Yayoi sleeping together kinda made my eye pop (yo word? kinda way.) haha.

end way left open with to many lose ends and kinda sucked, want to see the system crash and burn.

7/10
Mar 21, 2013 6:24 PM

Feb 2012
You know, Makashima was always a boss when it came to hand to hand combat, so I found it quite surprising that Kougami managed to injure him.

I've never liked Akane and unfortunately most of the second half (that yuri btw ) was dedicated to her, while it did show her growth in a cool way, it's something I couldn't relate to.

Oh, and that ending, I guess I.G is interested in a continuation.
Mar 21, 2013 6:49 PM

May 2010
that was such a great show and one of the easiest 9/10 i have given. very fitting and actually good ending.

5/5

i think ppl are reading too much into : "Sibyl System Continues"

it might mean absolutely nothing except for what it says. additionally they maybe like to leave a door open for season 2 or movie or whatever.

i hope u guys watched past the credits :)
Mar 21, 2013 6:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Not sure if I should give a 8 or 9. Strong start but ending was somewhat the "easy-way-out". Not mind-blowing enough.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 21, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
Kougami VS Makshima fight was good, this time Kougami didn't get his ass kicked and managed to land a hit.

The way Makishima is finished off is kinda anti-climatic IMO. It should be more epic.

I like the scene in the end that mirror the scene where Akane first appeared as Inspector in the first episode, only this time she is the senior and the new Inspector take Akane's place. I supposed Ginoza replaced Kougami there.

Mar 21, 2013 7:10 PM
Jun 2012
Anyone know the music that was playing when Makashima was running around in the feilds?
That music was beautiful
Mar 21, 2013 7:14 PM
Jul 2012
Great anime! Loved how the final battle went-down. AKane became bad-ass the moment she grabbed on that moving truck! And lesbians... 0_0 Psycho-Pass really fits EVERYTHING they can in. Feel like the Season 2 is coming. Also, with the ending, feels like this will be the fate of members of the police/detectives jobs, they will eventually keep on repeating this, with a new character out to replace what Shougo tried to do, Kogami became his successor after learning a little, and this cycle will repeat, sure different cases, but this will repeat, till eventually... Sibyl decides to reveal itself. But, Akane will somehow keep on living, until she decides, "F*CK YOU SIBYL! YOUR GETTING SHUT DOWN! By people who don't agree with eh system that is."
Mar 21, 2013 7:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
wheelock said:
tingy said:
Bouum said:
The Loop...
The Loop is awesome. Back to square one petty much!
Shows how powerless they were. Sure, they got Makishima, but they gained nothing from it.
Sybil system is still ruling everything as if nothing happened.

Nice way to put it! It does seem like it's back to square one. I guess the anime is meant to point out the flaws and the morality behind such a system, and it's not meant to solve the problem. ^^

Maybe the ending was a bit anticlimactic, but this.^

I was at least satisfied with the ending because I found it to be realistic rather than the typical 'the day has been saved and everything is just lollipops and rainbows now,' or everyone dying.

I watch and read government conspiracy things here and there, such as 1984 and The Last Enemy, among others. But I definitely loved both the story and characters more than any I've seen before.

Yeah the ending of PP definitely has the same feel as 1984, but maybe a little less hopeless. Someone said that the ending was an "easy way out" (I'm too lazy to go find the post) but I don't believe that's true. Good writing doesn't always have to propose a solution. In this case, Urobuchi left it open-ended to leave it to the audience to think about possible solutions or what might happen afterwards.
Mar 21, 2013 7:15 PM

Dec 2011
So it turns out that Shion and Yayoi really had the yuris for each other. Sweet.

Not a bad ending, but considering that most of the series was really underwhelming and tried too hard to be edgy, a 6/10 is as generous as it gets.
Mar 21, 2013 7:17 PM
Sep 2012
So sad that it's now over, but I loved the finale. I liked watching Mashima and Kougami fight it out with each other and that great knife fighting action. Right when they were about to kill each other - Akane steps in and breaks them apart. I liked that Akane and Kougami team up with each other, but unfortunately, it was only briefly since they were separated. The real bad-ass of this episode has to be Akane in the way she threw that grenade to separate them and how she shot the tire to stop Mashima from escaping. That was kind of a melancholy ending since things didn't work out in the end when Kougami shot Mashima, Ginoza became an enforcer and Akane got a new partner in a scene that mirrored exactly the first scene where Akane first arrived as an investigator.

Great ending that sets everything up for a season 2. Can't wait.
Mar 21, 2013 7:20 PM
Feb 2013
Wow, this was awesome, Makishima is dead unfortunately Kogami is now a fugitive.

Too bad Akane was too powerless to pull the plug on the Sibly System.

I hope if there will be a continuation of this anime like an OVA or something, I hope it'll be Kogami who'll pull the plug on the Sibly System.
Mar 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2009
The first half was definitely more thrilling then the second but it wasn't that big of a difference.

Just me nitpicking but I wish they didn't go for that whole mirror style ending, it didn't seem natural with how the series progresses or what unfolded.
Mar 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
it's great that it wasn't a complete happy ending - kougami is missing, ginoza's psycho pass went up to 140, masaoka is dead and kagari is still missing (and much likely dead). this show would just have been weird with an ending where every problem would have been solved and every person saved. so i'm really satisfied with this ending (even though i would have liked to see a short scene where kougami is right now or what he's doing). and akane is right - society is changing all the time. one day someone will turn off the sibyl system.

there's definitely room left for another season, a movie, an ova or whatever. personally i'm not sure if i would like it, but i probably wouldn't complain either and i would definitely watch it.

cladinpink said:
Amarrez said:
I was going to bitch about some of it, but...

Series redeemed.

Amen.

and yes, bless this scene.
Mar 21, 2013 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
I liked the series but this ending felt i dunno uneventful and like others have said *open* SIByL still continues and life moves on just way it was.

8/10 and i hope they do a movie in the future add in 1 or two more new enforcers on top of the new cute inspector for the final arc to take out the SIByL system.
Mar 21, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2012
when he started ending <3 bye bye psycho-pass, great anime <3
Mar 21, 2013 7:33 PM

May 2012
Dammit! Where's Kogami at?! WTF?! I kinda wanted more from this episode, but it was still good. I just wish we had a little more sense of finality and closure, but it's whatever.Anyway great episode, awesome series, and I seriously hope there's a season 2 down the road someday. 9/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.