Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 15, 2008 4:21 PM

Oct 2008
I wished for more Misaka, and this happens. I didn't expect that!

I thought it was a very busy episode. I loved the contrast between the ordinary and extraordinary, and of course I love the extreme cuteness. The next episode can't come soon enough!

I'm watching the Eclipse HD version, and it's absolutely gorgeous quality.
Dec 15, 2008 4:38 PM

Sep 2007
Why would anyone want to watch any other subs other than Eclipse? They do a pretty damn good job at it and aren't slow.

I was hoping for more lulz comedy from MISAKA and meido girl but this episode just had too much talking again.
Dec 15, 2008 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Wasabi said:
Why would anyone want to watch any other subs other than Eclipse?
One word:

Streamz.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 15, 2008 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
slow episode
but the anime has caught up w/ the manga scanlations.
i suspect a good chunk of us are now into the unknown =D
Dec 15, 2008 5:58 PM

Feb 2008
haha that is the equal of having an immortal soul. if you can have an infinite amount of bodies to share a mind with.
Dec 15, 2008 6:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kisami said:
haha that is the equal of having an immortal soul. if you can have an infinite amount of bodies to share a mind with.

other than the fact that you have suffer hundreds of cruel and painful death by the hand of Accelerator (i.e. reversing your blood flow)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 15, 2008 8:43 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
kisami said:

other than the fact that you have suffer hundreds of cruel and painful death by the hand of Accelerator (i.e. reversing your blood flow)

or the fact that once the real you dies all the others will too. They're not really immortal their just clones.
Dec 15, 2008 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
wakka9ca said:
kisami said:
... an infinite amount of bodies...

.... hundreds of cruel and painful death...

or the fact that once the real you dies all the others will too. They're not really immortal their just clones.
They all have the original's power, just (I assume) to a lesser extent — that's what they use to link. MISAKA might as well be a collective consciousness, but it's separate from the original. So even if Mikoto dies, they can continue to produce MISAKAs.

Dec 15, 2008 9:43 PM
Mar 2008
They try to make things so intense when it's not even close to intense at all. At least there are cute chicks all over the place.
Dec 15, 2008 10:58 PM

Jan 2008
I was actually hoping for a much better cliffhanger at the end. You know, like the manga.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 16, 2008 12:16 AM

Aug 2007
J.C.Staff sure doesn't miss a beat when it comes to fanservice. While the Mikochin service is much, much appreciated on this end, wow that's close to being guro there...

I for one am waiting for the eventual Touma vs Accelerator battle. They need to ease into it, perhaps episode 14?

Use your skillz and bag Shirai too Touma! This is your chance to expand your harem to include middle-school girls who may or may not be lesbians! xD
Dec 16, 2008 12:39 AM

Nov 2007
unknown level six, what. i wonder if he will be that unknown level considering his mysterious power. also why was the vampire girl just suddenly living with sensei.
Dec 16, 2008 12:53 AM

Nov 2008
crazy_eights said:
unknown level six, what. i wonder if he will be that unknown level considering his mysterious power. also why was the vampire girl just suddenly living with sensei.

Because Index most likely introduced her to Himegami as a safe place.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 16, 2008 1:44 AM

Aug 2007
Episode was really slow and a little boring. It seems that reading the chapter from the manga was more interesting since it only took me to read in like 3-5 minutes, than watching 20 minutes of it.
Dec 16, 2008 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
hmm makes me wonder what the other lvl5 looks like. but this guy in insane, want to watch how he fights with touma.

Dec 16, 2008 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
crazy_eights said:
Touma doesn't have that much room in his apartment.

Dec 16, 2008 9:22 AM

Aug 2007
Mmm, I like Kuroko. She's sexy.
Dec 16, 2008 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
Factor said:
Accelerator can change the direction of vectors? That's some hardcore shit.

Oh, why hello there.

I'D TAP THAT! XD

damn all the girls here are hawt. damn you touma!
Dec 16, 2008 1:31 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, the clones scene was a bit surprising. So they make Accelerator fight to become a lelvel 6 esper ? That's really... not right ^^

And i laughed a lot at Index knocking the door to get some food ;)
Dec 16, 2008 3:21 PM
Nov 2007
Something isn't right with this picture but I cant put my finger on it

Dec 16, 2008 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
So if you one MISAKA to like you then... BOOM! Instant Harem!
Dec 16, 2008 8:05 PM

May 2007
That was quite the freaky scene with the clones, and the guy who reversed the blood was neat, I can't wait for Touma to fight him.
My anime list
Dec 17, 2008 3:07 PM
Nov 2007
I dont know whether Accelerator is evil or just an asshole
Dec 17, 2008 6:26 PM
Dec 2007
Cortez321 said:
I dont know whether Accelerator is evil or just an asshole
Maybe both? I just want to know more meaty details about this level 6 creation plan and who's behind it. Plus want to see the inevitable Accelerator vs Touma fight. But I'm thinking Mikoto might get a taste of combat before Touma does.

Dec 17, 2008 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
Touma fought Accelerator since he doesn't like Misaka being abused much. IMHO.

Dec 17, 2008 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
Seeing and understanding Accelerators abilities was pretty sweet, but a rather fluff type of episode.
Dec 18, 2008 10:43 AM
Sep 2007
I'm still troubled by Touma's memory loss and way of dealing with it.

Dunno, but shouldn't a person be more troubled by such a loss of memories? Why does Touma, most of the time, seem like he doesn't give a shit? Ugh -
Dec 18, 2008 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
roysen said:
I'm still troubled by Touma's memory loss and way of dealing with it.

Dunno, but shouldn't a person be more troubled by such a loss of memories? Why does Touma, most of the time, seem like he doesn't give a shit? Ugh -
It's realistic. If someone gets a memory wipe, then is told what they're supposed to remember, it's not going to have much emotional impact on them, simply because they don't actually remember.

EDIT: ugh, I keep spelling it 'remeber' >.<
JadeMatrixDec 18, 2008 11:46 AM

Dec 18, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
I diasgree Jade Matrix, I think that you'll see with people who are in the early stages of Altzheimer's, where they are aware that they have forgotten people and places and things, when they are confronted with something they have forgotten, it is very distressing and mentally exhausting. I think it is a testament to crappy writing, trying to make Touma a blank slate that makes his laisse faire attitude disturbing. I can't think of many cases, in TV, anime, or movies where a character has lost his memory and taken it as well as Touma. It's just lazy writing.
Dec 18, 2008 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
I diasgree Jade Matrix, I think that you'll see with people who are in the early stages of Altzheimer's, where they are aware that they have forgotten people and places and things, when they are confronted with something they have forgotten, it is very distressing and mentally exhausting. I think it is a testament to crappy writing, trying to make Touma a blank slate that makes his laisse faire attitude disturbing. I can't think of many cases, in TV, anime, or movies where a character has lost his memory and taken it as well as Touma. It's just lazy writing.
Counter-disagree. People with Alzheimer's have selective memory loss. I'm talking about a total loss of a period of time (usually caused by amnesia). In Touma's case, he lost the past few weeks (or more?) completely, thus he didn't have a feeling that he was forgetting something (probably felt like he was unconscious for the entire time).

Of course, if it was me, I hope I'd be Genre Savvy enough to immediately accept what I'm told and fabricate the necessary emotions. Hope it never happens — amnesia sux.
JadeMatrixDec 18, 2008 11:50 AM

Dec 18, 2008 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
I'm under the impression that he has forgotten everything prior to waking up in the hospital (I could be wrong). Also, I would think that if one is distressed over selective memory loss, they would also be much more so over massive memory loss...people saying they know you and you don't remember, etc. The point is thought that he is forgetting something, and taking it like a grain of salt. Even if you want to say it was like being unconscious, people who wake up from comas and have lost days, months, years, are severely distressed by at least the amount of time they lost.
Dec 18, 2008 12:45 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
Also, I would think that if one is distressed over selective memory loss, they would also be much more so over massive memory loss...people saying they know you and you don't remember, etc.
That's a different kind of distressed. With selective memory loss, it's "There's something I should know but I dont," whereas in Touma's case it's "This person knows me, but I don't know them — what do I do?"

Dec 18, 2008 1:12 PM

Aug 2008
What about the coma analogy? There should be distress over the fact that you have 2+ weeks wiped away, and that the cause is this annoying little girl that you are continuously jumping through hoops over. It's bad execution of his character to not explain that, he gets annoyed over such little minutae like taking in a cat, or food getting eaten up, but the girl causing him memory loss? Does not compute.
Dec 18, 2008 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
What about the coma analogy? There should be distress over the fact that you have 2+ weeks wiped away, and that the cause is this annoying little girl that you are continuously jumping through hoops over. It's bad execution of his character to not explain that, he gets annoyed over such little minutae like taking in a cat, or food getting eaten up, but the girl causing him memory loss? Does not compute.
I'd pass it as some kind of inverted drama. Big life-changing experiences, like taking in a mysterious girl (for a reason unknown thanks to memory wipe) or fighting mages who 'aren't supposed to exist,' are things that need to be believed can only be believed or not believed if you're told you've done them. However, his personality is still intact, so he can get annoyed by 'minutæ.' Touma also seems to have a rather laid-back personality, as in 'not much I can do since it already happened.' (Yes, this applied to Index's memory, too. The reason he didn't give up was because there was always (in his mind) the option of erasing the 103,000 grimores.) I mean, how much anxiety did he show when he found out that magic existed? Or how about when MISAKA #whatever died — he didn't emo-ote* for too long, especially after he found out that MISAKA was basically a hive mind.

* not the right word, not even a word, but works well enough

Dec 18, 2008 2:54 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah, Touma is not very shocked about anything as a whole really. He seems to take everything in stride. Everything. Mages? Girls with thousands of books stored in her brain? Vampires? Alchemists? He's ready and willing to accept things after the initial shock goes by. Even when his hand got cut he was like "oh, thanks for putting my arm back doc".

If there's one thing we need to be glad about the mind wipe is that it seems to have deleted the "Must do drawn out moral speeches to every enemy I encounter" directive from his mind.
Leon-GunDec 18, 2008 3:00 PM

Dec 18, 2008 3:06 PM

Nov 2008
JadeMatrix said:
noteDhero said:
What about the coma analogy? There should be distress over the fact that you have 2+ weeks wiped away, and that the cause is this annoying little girl that you are continuously jumping through hoops over.There is distress and confusion, this should be noticed by Touma personality changes after the memory lost incident. It's bad execution of his character to not explain that, he gets annoyed over such little minutae like taking in a cat, or food getting eaten up, but the girl causing him memory loss? Does not compute.noteDhero you got to assume a lot of things in this and yes, it is stupid sometimes people think that many will understand yet no explanation because of that.
I'd pass it as some kind of inverted drama. Big life-changing experiences, like taking in a mysterious girl (for a reason unknown thanks to memory wipe) or fighting mages who 'aren't supposed to exist,' are things that need to be believed can only be believed or not believed if you're told you've done them.With the memori lost one can doubt endlessly as well as only trust with their eyes what they can see since the memory itself is not reliable t all. However, his personality is still intact, so he can get annoyed by 'minutæ.' Touma also seems to have a rather laid-back personality, as in 'not much I can do since it already happened.'Indeed the personality in terms of character did not change just the system dealing with it and how it deals with it. The point is there may be only a 10%~20% variation because most of Touma's personality is conserved from what we know about since episode one. (Yes, this applied to Index's memory, too. The reason he didn't give up was because there was always (in his mind) the option of erasing the 103,000 grimores.) I mean, how much anxiety did he show when he found out that magic existed? Or how about when MISAKA #whatever died — he didn't emo-ote* for too long, especially after he found out that MISAKA was basically a hive mind.Major trauma affected Touma and he never gave up because his personality is always caring, you all should know that with the way Misaka was acting and Touma not wanting to even punch her yet he could have.

* not the right word, not even a word, but works well enough

Response in bold for easy understanding.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 18, 2008 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
MISAKA x 100 D:

Want to know more about her.
Dec 18, 2008 8:35 PM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
If there's one thing we need to be glad about the mind wipe is that it seems to have deleted the "Must do drawn out moral speeches to every enemy I encounter" directive from his mind.
Only because he hasn't needed to. Izzard was kinda... I guess he didn't need one, since he wasn't hurting anyone per se. Anyways, I thought that Touma's speeches were kinda badass, at least when compared to someone else's.

Dec 18, 2008 9:13 PM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Leon-Gun said:
Only because he hasn't needed to. Izzard was kinda... I guess he didn't need one, since he wasn't hurting anyone per se. Anyways, I thought that Touma's speeches were kinda badass, at least when compared to someone else's.
Well, at the very least Touma has some actual power "of his own" backing his words.

Dec 18, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:
Leon-Gun said:
Well, at the very least Touma has some actual power "of his own" backing his words.
Exactly.

Dec 19, 2008 6:45 AM

Nov 2007
Decent episode. Mostly developments though, with the discovery of the Sisters and the Level 6 project. I can't wait until Accelerator faces off with Touma.

And somewhat unrelated to this episode: I'd like to see some events crossing over with To Aru Kagaku no Railgun in the future. I mean, Saten and Uiharu both appear in the intro, so I'm hoping they actually appear in the show itself sometime later.
Dec 19, 2008 8:16 AM
Dec 2007
Eternal_Blaze said:
Decent episode. Mostly developments though, with the discovery of the Sisters and the Level 6 project. I can't wait until Accelerator faces off with Touma.

And somewhat unrelated to this episode: I'd like to see some events crossing over with To Aru Kagaku no Railgun in the future. I mean, Saten and Uiharu both appear in the intro, so I'm hoping they actually appear in the show itself sometime later.
I don't know how the manga works, or how they divided the source material, but the source material is just one straight line, and the anime will follow the novels in order. If the manga borrowed material from the novels to make the spin-off, then it's bound to come up eventually.

Dec 21, 2008 10:44 PM

Oct 2007
this episode was a bit better than the last ones. I can feel more of a direction on where this series is going. Kinda. I haven't read the manga but its ok. Accelerator looked cool. I always wondered about his skill because I couldn't tell from the opening song.

Hope to see more suspense in the next episodes.

Save me from Florida =/
Dec 24, 2008 10:58 PM

May 2007
The amount of delicious legs in this episode makes watching it worthwhile. So they're trying to make Accelerator into Lv.6, eh? I don't know why they would try, seeing he is pretty much unbeatable anyway.
Dec 25, 2008 7:16 AM
Dec 2007
DaBigD said:
The amount of delicious legs in this episode makes watching it worthwhile. So they're trying to make Accelerator into Lv.6, eh? I don't know why they would try, seeing he is pretty much unbeatable anyway.
But he's still a level 5, that's not interesting. The researchers want to see what a Level 6 would be like. It's human curiosity to aim for the unknown.

Jan 3, 2009 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
This episode cleared up alot~ I also didn't imagine there would be clones.
HEY!
Jan 4, 2009 11:35 PM

May 2008
meh episode for me; personally I loved the first ones.
Jan 5, 2009 6:04 AM

Feb 2008
Decent story development. Not as good as the previous episode imo, but still very enjoyable. Personally I dont like the idea of "MISAKA Clone Army". I hoped she would be unique. ;)

skyenix said:
So if you one MISAKA to like you then... BOOM! Instant Harem!

ROFL :]

Does that mean if one MISAKA gets laid, all the other clones are running around having "mind-sex"? :D
Feb 16, 2009 4:12 PM

May 2008
Started of in the same, "omg is she dead?" ;_; where I left off in the manga.
And ended up in MINDFUCK.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 16, 2009 11:27 PM

Apr 2009
I know, I'm super behind. Too many different shows I'm watching currently. Just wanted to say it was a pretty good ep. But I too expected to see Accelerator fight, and was disappointed with that teaser of his abilities. Can't wait to see him let loose.

P.S. Index begging for Sphinx's sake, AWESOME!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:30 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

204 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 24, 2:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.