Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for February 18 - 24

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 26, 2013 5:06 PM
Aug 2012
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for February 18th - 24th.

Blu-ray
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse vol.6 Limited Edition

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

o-0 Muv luv alternative making sales, i didn't expect that knowing the series but if they even bother to finish it
Please make it right
Feb 26, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
[See that's VERY interesting to me because the whole CGI issue then seems very selective and based on no actual standard

...Well that's silly. You can't seriously consider it more sensible to have one blanket reaction to every imaginable use of CG (from a car off in the background, to a tank, to a large mech, to a human being) than to judge each usage individually. That's making accusations of rigidity one moment and lamenting flexibility the very next. On the same topic. Make up your mind.

I own an old VHS of one of I think the first uses of CGI in anime, the original Golgo 13 The Professional, the helicopter scene. I thought it was cool at the time.

There is some use of CG in Girls Und Panzer but I think it works perfectly.

Recently the only CGI I really didn't like was a few episodes of the first season of AKB0048 where the girls legs look obviously tubular in some dance sequences. What is weirder is that they sometimes look like that and sometimes they don't. Haven't noticed it so far in the second season. I still liked the show, in fact so far while the second season with elections is emotional I think the first season seemed more interesting, more actually going on.

No blanket statement from me. If I notice it and don't like it then I don't like it. If I notice it but it suits the show, blends in, works, whatever then I am fine with it. If I don't notice it and it was there, good job!

Then there's gdgd fairies ;-)
Feb 26, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
Chuunii :)

Looking good.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 26, 2013 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
Why can't I find Chihayafuru 2nd in amazon stalker?
Feb 26, 2013 6:37 PM

Apr 2010
jasque said:
Because it's not solicited yet.
Feb 26, 2013 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
ultimatemegax said:
jasque said:
Because it's not solicited yet.

thanks
Feb 26, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
See that's VERY interesting to me because the whole CGI issue then seems very selective and based on no actual standard cause I see people losing their minds entirely over some upcoming stuff like Valvrave The Liberator, Majestic Prince and Suisei no Galgantia (both mecha shows) and even stuff like Love Live which to me at least so far all look a hell of a lot better than what I saw in GuP and less noticeable immediately as CGI yet apparently this is not a problem with this show specifically.
Besides what jmal said, I just want to repeat what I said some time earlier: Some people are more sensitive to CGI and some are more sensitive to certain type of presentation of CGI. Your standard of what CGI is bothering may not be what other people's standard. It is not as if nobody mentioned about noticing the artifact and oddities for the CGI, but the general comments are that it is not that annoying either. On the other hand, there is general praises of how some innovative CGI techniques were used in the creation of the tanks and their movement.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I have no context for that sort of thing of course, but if it's the case it makes a lot of sense because I know people in Japan go nuts over that sort of thing. To me it's not that huge a deal cause a lot of it is just roto-scoping of locations and there's no real attempt to capture the actual historical context of the locations in the show (probably cause they assume people will recognize the location on site and make rest of the connections themselves), but if that's the case here then that's interesting stuff. I like learning about other cultures and history quite a bit so I respect that. Again though no context for that sort of thing here, maybe I'll look it up on wikipedia later though.
Here you are assuming roto-scoping is used, but as far as I know this is not the case - the scenes are still done in the more conventional anime way. As for historical context I am not sure what you'd expect to be shown in this anime, although in the anime it was indeed mentioned it would take place in Ooarai which was the original base of Miho's school. However, if we are talking about the landmarks or shops in the town, fans find more delight to find them by themselves and then see how many they can discover and how close the real-life equivalents match with the anime. For them the references in the anime are discreet and judicious instead of blatant or hard-selling. When some fans managed to rebuild the whole itinerary of the tanks going around the town, there were a lot of cheers in online forums; and soon enough we saw other fans going to the town and took photos to compare the scenery with the anime. And then we saw fans calculating the speed and turning ability of the tanks and checked how it fit into the streets of that real town. Fan arts, fan made videos, research for trivia hidden around the streets etc all followed. This kind of online camaraderie and team d'espirit was not commonly seen in anime discussion, and I would say that this enabled people to find a sense of joy of participation and a sense of fellowship. Subsequent episodes also showed similar pattern and I would say this is one key factor that a solid fanbase was built up and expanded over time.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
A lot of these moe on mecha shows skimp on the battles/mecha side of things for humdrum run of the mill "slice of life" stuff you can see in just about any show fairly often so if that's what happens later than that's a great trend setter indeed. I've only actually seen up to episode 3 myself though so I'm not really sure where it goes from there yet.
This goes back to some of the moe discussion I talked about before. I see a decisive difference in preference or tolerance of moe between different group of fans. For those who are more attuned to moe, the moe / humor (for some, not all the humor is moe stuff, so I am using both terms) is a good balance for the intensity and thrills of the fight, but for those who are less tolerant or more eschewing when it comes to moe, they would find them just time wasting and boring stuff (get back to the fight now!). One thing I would add is that even though the humor may be humdrum stuff (not all, witticism by Darjeeling does not come out that often for example), for a moe lover there is still differences in how it is delivered and how it meshes with the character design. It is not as if the same run-of-the-mill humor would work every single time because the watchers are dumb they would always find such thing funny instead of feeling bored.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Well if a show can't meet the absolute base standard of having at least some sense of purpose (not saying this is the case here) no matter how grand or personalized (it can be as grand as a person conquering the galaxy or as personal as something like a person coming of age and building meaningful and interesting relationships) than I can't say I'd regret not watching it in the slightest.
Here let me repeat what I said earlier "orthodox portrayal of passion and commitment in a sports genre". You have shifted the discussion to a general discussion of "absolute base standard" of "some sense of purpose". I am talking about a sincere commitment to the orthodox storytelling based on the sports drama genre and then mix this ingredient into the broader mix of other ingredients that I identify as successful elements of the anime. I would talk about whether your "some sense of purpose" argument later, but I want to stress that that argument is not what I said earlier why this anime is so popular. This anime could have just taken the competition or striving of the girls as a base for jokes or took it in a tongue-in-cheek manner, but it is a respectful attitude to this made-up sports and sincere portrayal of the girls towards this competitive sports named senshado, which ultimately is pretty ridiculous and hard to believe. The passion and seriousness conveyed convinced the fans to be taken along for a ride with the premise and allowed themselves to be pulled into the world of this anime for enjoyment.

As for your "absolute base standard", as I said earlier, you would need to understand that what you do not think as "sense of purpose" may already be a good "purpose" for some people. Slice of Life shows like Sasae-san can serve a purpose. Even fanservice shows can serve certain purpose for the watchers. As jmal said, it can be just your standard is different.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'll gladly take a limit on not being able to enjoy absolutely everything if it means I won't end up wasting my time with something that goes nowhere, which is without a doubt my biggest pet peeve when watching anime. Call it preference, but that's just how I am when it comes to my entertainment. I don't think it's a tough standard to meet, but strangely a lot of stuff that fails to meet it has become extremely popular in modern times and that's something that continues to baffle me. At the very least that's not the case here as I've mentioned.
I would say that perhaps it is better you call it "preference" instead of flatly calling "absolute base standard" as if it is some objective truth that should hold for all watchers who are not dumb or numb. People can enjoy or appreciate an anime for many reasons. Fitting a narrow definition of "sense of purpose" is clearly not one of the necessary conditions because people see things they love without bothering about any of that "standard". On the other hand, when you keep looking for those elements and cannot find them, you end up thinking your time is wasted. But the bigger question may perhaps be what do you really look for in the entertainment you are trying? Try to look for things you insist must exist there? Or open yourself to the possibilities of other ways of enjoying it?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 27, 2013 3:13 AM

Nov 2007
Oricon Daily Rankings for Feb 25~Mar 3 so far.

Ranks for a particular day usually come out on the next day. Most of the major anime BDs/DVDs set for Feb 27 release has charted.

One thing I would like to point out is that Magi has charted quite low. If it doesn't recover in rank tomorrow, relative to SAO 5 on DVD and not even ranking on the BD list... then we can expect Magi's sales to drop even further compared to its previous volumes.

It would be totally expected though, considering v1 and v2 both had advance live event ticket applications. Bottom line is that it could end up being Ao no Exorcist ver2 in terms of sales across subsequent volumes. We'll see if Magi v3 manages to recover tomorrow anyhow because pre-release day and release day ranks are both important in estimating how BDs/DVDs will end up selling relative to each other.

In other news, GaruPan v2 BD is now back in stock. Will it make a recovery in ranking in the next few days?

DVD Daily
*25 *26 *27 *28 **1 **2 **3  週
*** **7 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gintama Yorinuki 2D
*** *13 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | SAO 5
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hakuouki Reimeiroku 6
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Magi 3
**1 *16 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo Movie
*** *20 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 3
**2 *21 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas 8
*** *24 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | OreShura 1
*** *28 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Accel World 8
*** *30 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | BLOOD-C The Last Dark Movie
**5 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | JoJo 2
**8 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Yamato 2199 4
*12 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | New Prince of Tennis 6
*14 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | TIGER & BUNNY -The Beginning- Movie
*21 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Biohazard
*22 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | PSYCHO-PASS 3

BD Daily
*25 *26 *27 *28 **1 **2 **3  週
*** **4 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | SAO 5
*** **5 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | To Love-Ru Darkness 3
*** **6 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters! 3
*** **7 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | OreImo BD-BOX
*** **9 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Accel World 8
*** *10 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Shoujo Kakumei Utena BOX
*** *11 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 3
*** *13 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | BLOOD-C The Last Dark Movie
*** *14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Joshiraku 5
*** *15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Jormungand PERFECT ORDER 3
*** *16 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | OreShura 1
*** *17 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Smile Pretty Cure♪ 2
*** *19 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Campione! 6
*** *20 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | KokoroCo 5
**1 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo Movie
**2 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | JoJo 2
**3 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas 8
**4 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | TIGER & BUNNY -The Beginning- Movie
**5 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Horizon II 6
**7 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | GaruPan 2
**8 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Yamato 2199 4
**9 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo Movie Blu-ray+DVD
*10 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | PSYCHO-PASS 3
*11 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Chu2Koi! 3
*12 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hyouka 9
*13 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Total Eclipse 6
*15 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gundam 08th BD-Box
*16 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Biohazard
*19 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Yuru Yuri♪♪ 6
*20 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | GOSICK BD-BOX
EjcFeb 27, 2013 3:19 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Feb 27, 2013 3:22 AM

Oct 2010
Girls und Panzer... overrated as hell. Don't know how many situations where they should've died from almost anything. Cannon shots, falling off a bridge, getting burnt, anything, really.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Feb 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Sep 2012
wishbook said:
Girls und Panzer... overrated as hell. Don't know how many situations where they should've died from almost anything. Cannon shots, falling off a bridge, getting burnt, anything, really.
You are looking at the wrong places man! I can say similar thing for well, say, Kuroko no Basuke, but I also know that it is missing the point. Such a comment is silly anyway.

Ejc said:
One thing I would like to point out is that Magi has charted quite low.

It would be totally expected though, considering v1 and v2 both had advance live event ticket applications.
This is what fans have been talking about, that the real test of Magi's popularity will only start from vol.3 onwards. Indeed many expect a substantial drop in sales from here.
symbvFeb 27, 2013 3:40 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 27, 2013 4:18 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
wishbook said:
You are looking at the wrong places man! I can say similar thing for well, say, Kuroko no Basuke, but I also know that it is missing the point. Such a comment is silly anyway.

There's a difference between 'unrealistic' and 'dumb'. KnB is unrealistic, GuP is...

I mean,
Reim_SeranthFeb 27, 2013 4:26 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Feb 27, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2012
wishbook said:
There's a difference between 'unrealistic' and 'dumb'. KnB is unrealistic, GuP is...
The premise for both KnB and GnP are ridiculous and if you want to call it, dumb. It is just how well you adjust your sensitivities and tolerance to enjoy the real fun. That's it.

As I said you are looking at the wrong places, man.

BTW, thanks for your idea. I've just watched ep.3 and it was really fun even after I watched it 3 times already !!
symbvFeb 27, 2013 5:01 AM

Feb 27, 2013 4:56 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
wishbook said:
The premise for both KnB and GnP are ridiculous and if you want to call it, dumb. It is just how well you adjust your sensitivities and tolerance to enjoy the real fun. That's it.

As I said you are looking at the wrong places, man.

BTW, thanks for your idea. I've just watched ep.3 and it was really fun even after I watched it 3 times already (not counting the number of times watching just the battle vs Darjeeling's team) !!

Totally agree, love episode 3 and 4 so much! Can rewatch them over and over which is the real test for me personally of something that I want to buy.

As for realism in anime, ummm... it is anime, right? It is not real life and even if it was live action, it is a fun show, not a documentary!!! If I want an armored fighting documentary I'll watch a tank show on the military channel. They are not nearly as fun as Girls Und Panzer IMO.

People seem to forget that there are different tastes. If the show you love isn't the top seller, don't worry. You like it, and that is enough. Poor Sukitte Ii Na Yo that I import hasn't even ranked 250 in any volume, sigh... but it's OK, I know I like it...
Feb 27, 2013 5:57 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
dtshyk said:

BD
*1, 27,357 27,357 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
DVD
*1, 23,137 *,*23,137 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
You've got be kidding me...
That's too low.
Actually it looks a bit puzzling. Hosoda's previous work SUMMER WAR had half the box office of Ookami Kodomo yet in terms of first week sales it sold double what Ookami Kodomo sold. Still trying to understand why this is the case...

Feb 27, 2013 6:23 AM
Sep 2012
HnK certainly did a nosedive in sales. Guess fans of the game in Japan didn't like it either.
Feb 27, 2013 7:17 AM
Mar 2010
shymel said:
HnK certainly did a nosedive in sales. Guess fans of the game in Japan didn't like it either.

The first season sold horribly too. I neither like nor dislike this news. What I mean to say is, as much as I want otoge anime to sell, I'd also prefer if Otomate would make an anime of their otoge PROPERLY. It's almost like they WANT the anime adaptations to fail.

Even if has to be low budget, I don't mind. As long as it's watchable. KamiMashita was much better than Arcana, HnK and Amnesia put together. But it had simple animation. The budget was low for that show, but they used their budget well.
Otomate did a good job with Hakuouki so I don't understand what went wrong after that.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 27, 2013 7:55 AM
Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
shymel said:

The first season sold horribly too. I neither like nor dislike this news. What I mean to say is, as much as I want otoge anime to sell, I'd also prefer if Otomate would make an anime of their otoge PROPERLY. It's almost like they WANT the anime adaptations to fail.

Even if has to be low budget, I don't mind. As long as it's watchable. KamiMashita was much better than Arcana, HnK and Amnesia put together. But it had simple animation. The budget was low for that show, but they used their budget well.
Otomate did a good job with Hakuouki so I don't understand what went wrong after that.

I know! Hakuoki is my favorite otoge anime so far. Maybe they thought HnK would sell just on its name alone?
Feb 27, 2013 9:34 AM
Mar 2010
shymel said:

I know! Hakuoki is my favorite otoge anime so far. Maybe they thought HnK would sell just on its name alone?

Whatever it was, it didn't work. But then even if they did think that HnK would sell on it's name alone, surely they saw what happened with the sales(you know, the first season's sales..) and they should have animated Amnesia better?
If they butcher Brothers Conflict, I'll be really disappointed.
Hakuouki's my fave otoge anime too btw. =D
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 28, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
wishbook said:

Youjust described every single sports anime ever. In fact, almost all figthing/sports/adventure anime have characters that should have died many many times.

Plus, they have tank battles in school, the school/city is on a battle ship, they fire live ammo for fun. While the tanks are realistically depicted, everything else isn't. It seems to me that people don't think that tankwando is all that dangerous, in that world. Apparently, people don't die from it. How is that any different then real life martial arts?
Feb 28, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2008
Number 1 in both blue ray and dvd i really need to watch it
Feb 28, 2013 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
The CD album chart is not usually mentioned here but I thought I'd post that Kana Hanazawa's album claire was #6 on the all CD album chart this week which includes mainstream stuff like One Direction so this is great! Includes several anime songs including happy endings and Silent Snow.

I love how she snuck a "suki desu" into Just The Way You Are. It isn't in the lyrics insert but we anime fans love you too, Kana :)
Feb 28, 2013 3:50 PM

Jul 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
Number 1 in both blue ray and dvd i really need to watch it

Me too! Doesn't help that I've been anticipating it since watching the PV.
Mar 1, 2013 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
Orico Daily Sales Ranking information for this week so far

Some observations:

- Nobuna is surprisingly strong. It even makes a reasonable show in DVD chart. Would be interested to see how it goes in the coming days.

- Even a title as strong as SAO can only reach 4th in flying-get day and 2nd in the actual day of release.

- Little Busters and ToLoveRu Darkness look so close in performances so far, and both look they are performing well

- On the contrary Magi seems to be selling just around the level of KuroBas in its 2nd week.

- OreShura is the first title of this season going for sale. It does not look it will do very well. Amazon Stalker is pointing at around 2.5k for BD and 1.5k for DVD but probably the actual figure will be less. It is also a bit unusual for such LN adapted anime to sell proportionally that much in DVD compared to BD.

- Horizon2 looks a bit... weak?

- Ookami Kodomo still making good presence in both BD and DVD charts in its 2nd week.

DVD Daily Sales Ranking
*26 *27 *28 **1 **2 **3 
*16 *10 **6 *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*13 **7 **8 *** *** *** | -- | SAO v5
**7 **8 **9 *** *** *** | -- | Yorinuki-Gintama Kabukicho-shitennohen
*21 *13 *10 *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas v8
*15 *11 *11 *** *** *** | -- | Magi v3
*14 *12 *14 *** *** *** | -- | Hakuouki3 v6
*** *** *17 *** *** *** | -- | Nobuna v6
*** *26 *25 *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters v3
*20 *17 *27 *** *** *** | -- | ToLoveRu Darkness v3
*** *** *29 *** *** *** | -- | New Tennis Prince v6
*** *** *30 *** *** *** | -- | Arcana Familia v6
*24 *23 *** *** *** *** | -- | OreShura v1
*30 *30 *** *** *** *** | -- | Blood-C movie
*28 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Accel World v8

BD Daily Sales Ranking
*26 *27 *28 **1 **2 **3 
*** *** **2 *** *** *** | -- | Nobuna v6
**4 **2 **3 *** *** *** | -- | SAO v5
**6 **5 **6 *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters v3
**5 **6 **7 *** *** *** | -- | ToLoveRu Darkness v3
**9 **8 **8 *** *** *** | -- | Accel World v8
*** *11 **9 *** *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*** *16 *11 *** *** *** | -- | Horizon2 v6
*11 *10 *13 *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari2 v3
*** *19 *15 *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas v8
*** *20 *16 *** *** *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny movie
**7 *14 *17 *** *** *** | -- | OreImo BD-BOX
*** *18 *19 *** *** *** | -- | JoJo v2
*13 *13 *20 *** *** *** | -- | Blood-C movie
*16 *12 *** *** *** *** | -- | OreShura v1
*** *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Magi v3
*10 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Utena BD-BOX v2
*14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | JoshiRaku v5
*15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Jormungand2 v3
*17 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Smile Precure v2
*19 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Campione v6
*20 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Kokoro Connect v5
symbvMar 1, 2013 3:36 AM

Mar 1, 2013 4:16 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
- Horizon2 looks a bit... weak?
It's the second week so I wouldn't expect it to rank high in daily lists.
Of course! I sorted out the 2nd week titles like KuroBas but I have dropped the ball on this one.

Additional observations

- Hidamari seems to be ok (but perhaps that's about it)

- On the other hand, Accel World looks good

- Blood-C the movie is doing a bit better than I expected

Mar 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
Kinda disappointed that 2nd week for GirlPan hasn't even ranked at all in the daily charts.

Mar 1, 2013 8:17 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Kinda disappointed that 2nd week for GirlPan hasn't even ranked at all in the daily charts.
Well, it actually ranked in one day, 25th, at #7 and I think this day's sales was not counted in the first week for GirlPan. It is just that I have not included the ranking of the 25th to keep the chart shorter and focus on the new titles released this week. So we may yet still see some number for GirlPan v2 in the sales figure of the coming week.

Mar 1, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
Amazon.co.jp says GaruPan 2 is in stock right now.
Mar 1, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
hpulley said:

Yeah it restocked both versions some time yesterday. Or maybe more like 36 hours in Japan. But the initial shipments must not have been large for it to not rank for the 28th. If it's ranked high on the 1st then we might see a decent second week.

Still in stock a day and a half later so no big second wave it seems.
Mar 1, 2013 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
Is the first time I comment on the topic of MAL ranking of sales of BD and DVD from Japan, I have to say is well done.
I am happy to see the good sales of the film Mamoru Hosoda. I'm sorry I have not yet found a release in English.
Mar 2, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2012
Update on Oricon daily sales ranking.

- Aikatsu DVD started to chart and is #1 anime title on DVD chart for Mar 1st

- OreShura came back to chart for Mar 1st. Apparently the anecdotes about some shortage in stock may not really be pure rumor

-

DVD Daily Sales Ranking
*26 *27 *28 **1 **2 **3 
*** *** *** **6 *** *** | -- | Aikatsu v1
*16 *10 **6 **8 *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
*13 **7 **8 *11 *** *** | -- | SAO v5
**7 **8 **9 *12 *** *** | -- | Yorinuki-Gintama Kabukicho-shitennohen
*15 *11 *11 *13 *** *** | -- | Magi v3
*24 *23 *** *22 *** *** | -- | OreShura v1
*14 *12 *14 *28 *** *** | -- | Hakuouki3 v6
*** *** *17 *** *** *** | -- | Nobuna v6
*** *26 *25 *** *** *** | -- | Little Busters v3
*20 *17 *27 *** *** *** | -- | ToLoveRu Darkness v3
*** *** *29 *** *** *** | -- | New Tennis Prince v6
*** *** *30 *** *** *** | -- | Arcana Familia v6
*30 *30 *** *** *** *** | -- | Blood-C movie
*28 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Accel World v8

BD Daily Sales Ranking
*26 *27 *28 **1 **2 **3 
**4 **2 **3 **6 *** *** | -- | SAO v5
**6 **5 **6 **8 *** *** | -- | Little Busters v3
*** *** **2 **9 *** *** | -- | Nobuna v6
*** *11 **9 *11 *** *** | -- | Ookami Kodomo
**9 **8 **8 *12 *** *** | -- | Accel World v8
**5 **6 **7 *13 *** *** | -- | ToLoveRu Darkness v3
*16 *12 *** *15 *** *** | -- | OreShura v1
*** *18 *19 *20 *** *** | -- | JoJo v2
*** *16 *11 *** *** *** | -- | Horizon2 v6
*11 *10 *13 *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari2 v3
*** *19 *15 *** *** *** | -- | KuroBas v8
*** *20 *16 *** *** *** | -- | Tiger & Bunny movie
**7 *14 *17 *** *** *** | -- | OreImo BD-BOX
*13 *13 *20 *** *** *** | -- | Blood-C movie
*** *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Magi v3
*10 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Utena BD-BOX v2
*14 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | JoshiRaku v5
*15 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Jormungand2 v3
*17 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Smile Precure v2
*19 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Campione v6
*20 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Kokoro Connect v5
symbvMar 2, 2013 4:04 AM

Mar 2, 2013 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
hpulley said:
jmal said:
hpulley said:

Yeah it restocked both versions some time yesterday. Or maybe more like 36 hours in Japan. But the initial shipments must not have been large for it to not rank for the 28th. If it's ranked high on the 1st then we might see a decent second week.

Still in stock a day and a half later so no big second wave it seems.

Interestingly, GaruPan LE v1 BD may actually be going out of stock on Amazon soon. It says, "Only 5 left in stock." as opposed to "Only 17 left in stock. (More on the way)." which it said for GaruPan LE v2 BD, sometime yesterday.

Now it says for GaruPan LE v2 BD that it, "usually ships within 6~8 business days" for Amazon's price of ¥5,278. Maybe there's a stock shortage again... The resellers with prices close to ¥7,350 are taking precedence now since they can get it delivered within Monday March 4th.

EDIT: Stock from amazon.co.jp has now completely burnt out for v1. Very impressive when it was selling at full price of ¥7,350. I'm just fairly curious how the market will react now...

Will resellers increase their prices in anticipation of a possible sales boost when ep11 and ep12 airs/ Will buyers start targeting the DVD or the RE BD? Will resellers eventually cave in to get rid of excess stock if buyers do end up targeting the DVD or RE BD, as i'm assuming most of them bought at ¥5,393 or so from HMV and earlier from Amazon?
EjcMar 2, 2013 9:22 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 3, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
wolf children comes to no surprise.

13, *5,790 *5,790 Psycho-Pass vol.3 yay!! :D!
Mar 3, 2013 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
Glad to see Teekyuu did alright. The seiyuu events on the disc are priceless! Mimori Suzuko's pantomime removal of her pantsu like Kanae, her character on the show was hilarious. They have contests to draw the characters, pose like the characters, etc. very funny.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
14 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
1 hour ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.