Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2013 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
Just posting to fix the pagination problem. Goddamn MAL!
Mar 17, 2013 10:33 AM
Mar 27, 2013 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
Ooh, a Baccano! banner? Now I have to get in on this too.
Mar 28, 2013 3:41 AM

Oct 2012
Oh the wonderful colors!

Ducat_RevelMar 28, 2013 3:45 AM
Mar 28, 2013 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
Popka said:
Ooh, a Baccano! banner? Now I have to get in on this too.

Yes, go and contribute to spreading love enlightenment in MAL forums.

Ducat_Revel said:

According to the omniscient eye of the great color spectrum, a purple, an indigo, a yellow, and an orange banner are left to complete the rainbow connection. It's so deliriously pretty to look at! Drool before it!

That sounds like a challenge! Why did I have to read it?! Now I won't have peace of mind until the rainbow is completed.
Let's see...Juuni Kokuki or TTGL could be orange, Tsukimi no Ie or Haibane Renmei yellow, Perfect Blue indigo and NGE purple.

Well, when I have time and a lot of inspiration, I may try to complete it. I can't promise anything though, but we'll see.
metamorphiusMar 28, 2013 4:06 AM
Mar 28, 2013 4:46 AM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:

That sounds like a challenge! Why did I have to read it?! Now I won't have peace of mind until the rainbow is completed.
Let's see...Juuni Kokuki or TTGL could be orange, Tsukimi no Ie or Haibane Renmei yellow, Perfect Blue indigo and NGE purple.

Well, when I have time and a lot of inspiration, I may try to complete it. I can't promise anything though, but we'll see.

Ducat has successfully infected metamorphius with the color bug. Level up!
Apr 2, 2013 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
I would like to pass thanks to metamorphius for his fantastic work on my signature, It's greatly appreciated good sir!
Apr 2, 2013 11:39 PM

Oct 2012
SaekoBusu said:
I would like to pass thanks to metamorphius for his fantastic work on my signature, It's greatly appreciated good sir!

Great to see a Monster banner.
Apr 9, 2013 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
As per ForgoneReality's request, I've made a gif with all banners combined.
Well, actually, not all are there as I didn't include those three which were made by request (from Ducat, Alabastre and Saeko). I consider those individual banners of their respective users.

Anyway, here's the gif.

It also includes two new banners, which I promised I would make (to complete our rainbow of banners). They cover orange and yellow colours. Which leaves me with two more (indigo and purple) banners to make, but I'll leave those for some other time.

And here are the two new banners separately.

P.S.
@ForgoneReality and anyone else who intends to use the gif banner

I suggest you save and rehost it, lest if be deleted.
metamorphiusApr 9, 2013 2:32 PM
Apr 13, 2013 10:46 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome work, meta. I had no idea that you even made the coat of arms, too.. I'm really impressed with it all!
And I'm snagging the gif banner!
Apr 14, 2013 6:00 AM

Jun 2012
Just a little thing concerning the Baccano! banner:

"Benvenuti alla famiglia" is not grammatically correct and you should replace that with "benvenuti in famiglia"

unless you put it that way on purpose of course.
Apr 14, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
Emmrys said:
Awesome work, meta. I had no idea that you even made the coat of arms, too.. I'm really impressed with it all!
And I'm snagging the gif banner!

Why thank you very much. I am glad you like it.

Valkyrion said:

"Benvenuti alla famiglia" is not grammatically correct and you should replace that with "benvenuti in famiglia"

OK, should I just put "in" in front of "famiglia" or use "nella" (preposition + article)?
The first time I made I banner it was "nella famiglia" but Maegil said it was incorrect and should be replaced with "alla".
metamorphiusApr 14, 2013 7:13 AM
Apr 14, 2013 7:24 AM

Jun 2012
I happen to be italian and it doesn't sound natural at all, or correct in any way

"alla" is used for locations and not for groups of people or circles. Nella or In are more correct and you can use either of the two.

To be a little more precise: In sounds a lot more informal while Nella sound more like an official/formal introduction.

Depending on the effect you want to convey, you decide since it's your banner
Apr 14, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, I thought nella/in was the correct myself, but since I am not a native speaker I couldn't be completely certain so I changed it when Maegil said it was incorrect.
Anyway, thank you for the answer.

Here's the corrected old version.

I think one of the admins should update the first post with all banners to make them easier to find.

As for the same banner in the gif, I'll fix it later.
metamorphiusApr 14, 2013 7:37 AM
Apr 14, 2013 7:38 AM

Jun 2012
Great

and for some reason I can't see most of the banners posted on this page, but I see them in signatures.. oh well
Apr 14, 2013 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
Strange. They are all hosted on photobucket and they work fine for me. I really don't know what the problem could be.
Do they appear as broken links, or just don't load?
Anyone else got the same problem as Val?
May 8, 2013 5:50 AM

Mar 2012
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but is anyone willing to to make me a Kino's Journey banner?
May 8, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
SaberRitsu said:
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but is anyone willing to to make me a Kino's Journey banner?

Sure, give me a day or two and I'll do it.
Do you have any particular picture in mind or are you going to leave that to my discretion?
metamorphiusMay 8, 2013 5:58 AM
May 8, 2013 5:55 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, I can't effin believe it. Again the problem with pagination. Screw MAL.
Commenting just to fix the issue.
May 8, 2013 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
Still not working? *sigh*
OK, another spam comment. Apologies, but I have to do this, otherwise this page won't ever show up.

EDIT: Ugh, finally after two spam posts it appeared.
May 8, 2013 7:56 AM

Mar 2012
After a quick Google search, I found this image. Crop and resize it whichever way you see fit
May 8, 2013 8:50 AM

Oct 2012
I would really appreciate a NGE (or even EoE) banner ^^
I don't really have a preference, so surprise me!
However, I would like it to say something along the lines, "Break down the A.T. Field and get to the core of Enlightenment"
Doesn't have to exactly say that, but I thought I'd spark something to work with~

THANKS!
ShoryuMay 8, 2013 1:29 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 8, 2013 9:15 AM

Jun 2011
Haven't you had that Ergo sig for forever Tavor?
May 8, 2013 9:20 AM

Oct 2012
ForgoneReality said:

Yeah. I don't plan to replace it; wonder if I can do Paul's setup where the sig changes upon a refresh.
I'll have to look into that.

May 8, 2013 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
SaberRitsu said:
After a quick Google search, I found this image. Crop and resize it whichever way you see fit

Tavor said:
I would really appreciate a NGE (or even EoE) banner ^^
I don't really have a preference, so surprise me!
However, I would like it to say something along the lines, "Break down the A.T. Field and get to the core of Enlightenment"
Doesn't have to exactly say that, but I thought I'd spark something to work with~

THANKS!

OK. I shall make them in a day or two.

Tavor said:
ForgoneReality said:

Yeah. I don't plan to replace it; wonder if I can do Paul's setup where the sig changes upon a refresh.
I'll have to look into that.

It can be done with a scripted image rotator. It can be a bit of a hassle because it requires you to host files somewhere on your site, but I believe Paul is using a simpler way, that is this site
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com
You can create an account there (takes 10 seconds) and then just put as many image links as you'd like to have rotated.
metamorphiusMay 8, 2013 6:21 PM
May 8, 2013 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:

OK. I shall make them in a day or two.

It can be done with a scripted image rotator. It can be a bit of a hassle because it requires you to host files somewhere on your site, but I believe Paul is using a simpler way, that is this site
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com
You can create an account there (takes 10 seconds) and then just put as many image links as you'd like to have rotated.

Once again Meta, you keep saving the day, I swear! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

May 8, 2013 7:24 PM

Apr 2013
Can I request a Gunbuster! banner?
May 8, 2013 7:48 PM

Aug 2009
Tavor said:

Once again Meta, you keep saving the day, I swear! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

No problem, glad I could help.

Noriko_ said:
Can I request a Gunbuster! banner?

Well, I can't refuse a request from Noriko. It shall be done. Hopefully you don't mind waiting a couple of days though.
May 9, 2013 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
Random post,banner checking.don't mind.
May 10, 2013 3:24 AM

Aug 2009
The banners are done.

@SaberRitsu

The image you wanted me to make the banner of was too small in width, which means I either had to mess up aspect ration by resizing it without constraining proportions or find a bigger version. I chose the latter option. I couldn't find the one with the exact same colours as yours had, so I had to improvise with filters - hopefully the end result is OK.
Anyway, here it is.

With text

Without text

@Tavor

I made two versions because I couldn't decide for one. Pick whichever you like more.

Aaaand, while I was at it, I made a couple of other random Evangelion banners. Not sure if anyone would like them, but whatever, it took me a couple of minutes, so here they are.

@Noriko

I didn't have many choices for a Gunbuster banner, since the good pics for this anime are not exactly numerous. So, I had to work with what I could find. In any case, this is the end result.

With text

Without text

That's all, folks!

EDIT:
Btw, save and rehost your banners, just in case.
metamorphiusMay 10, 2013 3:44 AM
May 10, 2013 3:48 AM

Mar 2012
Thanks for the banner. Can't promise enlightenment without mentioning Kino.
May 10, 2013 9:36 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, those are really impressive.
May 10, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:

@Tavor

I made two versions because I couldn't decide for one. Pick whichever you like more.

Aaaand, while I was at it, I made a couple of other random Evangelion banners. Not sure if anyone would like them, but whatever, it took me a couple of minutes, so here they are.

These are GREAT! However, if it's okay, would some minor adjustments be okay? I hate to be nitpicky here, but something along the lines of putting a black outline around the white text so it's a bit easier to read (the second one)? Other than that, I LOVE IT!

And those last two......

*4th Impact*

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN! Going to create that Universal Sig Rotator now!

May 10, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
Tavor said:

These are GREAT! However, if it's okay, would some minor adjustments be okay? I hate to be nitpicky here, but something along the lines of putting a black outline around the white text so it's a bit easier to read (the second one)?

Sure. I was going to add stroke around the text, but I wasn't sure if it'd look good with the image. However, you're right, it is hard to read, so I should outline the text with a dark border or something like that.
I am too sleepy to do it right now though, so I'll take care of it tomorrow. Just wait a bit.
May 10, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:
Tavor said:

These are GREAT! However, if it's okay, would some minor adjustments be okay? I hate to be nitpicky here, but something along the lines of putting a black outline around the white text so it's a bit easier to read (the second one)?

Sure. I was going to add stroke around the text, but I wasn't sure if it'd look good with the image. However, you're right, it is hard to read, so I should outline the text with a dark border or something like that.
I am too sleepy to do it right now though, so I'll take care of it tomorrow. Just wait a bit.

Much appreciated! No rush~

May 10, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
SaberRitsu said:
Thanks for the banner. Can't promise enlightenment without mentioning Kino.

Just mentioning my whole hearted approval of this statement

Also dem Banners
May 11, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2011
Okay, thanks meta for the source of the banner sign. If you don't mind, I also want to enter in the workshop for now so if anyone has any banner they would like to have. I'll see what I can do.

For now I'll be using my masterpiece.

It will be the no text version though. This one is way too bold for me.
NiyawaMay 11, 2013 3:13 AM
May 11, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
I'll take you up on your offer, Niyama.
A Jinrui one, with the picture (and everything else) left to your own devices.
May 11, 2013 3:41 AM

Jan 2011
SSC_Exin said:
I'll take you up on your offer, Niyama.
A Jinrui one, with the picture (and everything else) left to your own devices.

Okay, here.

PNG | Pleb (jpg) | PNG (no text) | Pleb (jpg, no text)

I'm not sure if you'll like it though. Don't forget to put the code for redirection to the club, I'm too lazy to do that now.
NiyawaMay 11, 2013 4:37 AM
May 11, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
God damn pagination MAL.

I <3 you Niya. That is awesome.
ExinqtMay 11, 2013 5:09 AM
May 11, 2013 5:14 AM

Jan 2011
Yaaaa~

Btw did you use Niyama just to tease me?
May 11, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
I haven't seen you in a while so I thought, might try something different.

Since you don't talk to me anymore ;_;.
May 11, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
I'm sorry. ;_;

As you can see, I've been a little busier these weeks (there's like 10 comments in my profile that I didn't reply yet). I'll promise I'll talk with you more when I get ahead of my schedule.

Hurm. hurm. Enough bromance, this is not the thread for that.
May 11, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
@Tavor

Here's the 1.1 version :) I hope it's OK now.

Changelog: added the banners (except those made per individual users' request) to the first post so they can be found easier and used by anyone who want.

Btw, very nice work, Niyawa.
If you want any of your banners added to the first post list, you are ofc free to edit it.
metamorphiusMay 11, 2013 6:48 AM
May 11, 2013 6:54 AM

Jan 2011
Thanks, and funny because I was about to add all those banners. Man, for a second I could have started a work that was already done. I'd rage.

I'll put my sigs there once I adapt them to 600x112. It's going to be hard with DTB one because the original one isn't that big. I need Photoshop.
May 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
I REALLY like the banner Niyawa, I do, but for future reference- Can we please NOT use Japanese words and suffixes and whatnot on our banners? I feel it gives off the wrong impression of us and makes us sound like what we are supposed to be making fun of, you know?

I may be alone on this though.
May 11, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Nah I think that makes sense. Jinrui seems like the only exception, because it's just referencing something from the show. But yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to throw out 'N***A THAT'S KAWAIIs' or 'ONII-CHANs' left and right. Awesome sig, Niyawa, btw.

Also, would it be too much to ask for a Space Brothers sig? That'd be great. :)
May 11, 2013 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
Amberleh said:
I may be alone on this though.

Nah, that sort of reference I made is something that usually only someone who actually watched Jinrui would get (ningen-san everywhere). After I saw the banner of Evangelion I had this idea to implement that wordplay. But in the Eva banner we have a english one so it's different. I'll post a new version later.

dietmango said:
Also, would it be too much to ask for a Space Brothers sig? That'd be great. :)

I'll see what I can do, if you have any picture in mind that would help a lot.
May 11, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
You know, I've tried finding one but haven't found one in mind, sorry. You can just pick whatever would fit, 'cause I don't think I can.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.