Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The arc ended.. and Takasugi appeared !

Too bad no preview for next week.. I hope they won't airing re-runs again..

Fairies!
Feb 7, 2013 3:47 AM

Aug 2007
Best arc ever.And if anyone says that Tsukuyo x Gintoki pairing isn't canon then it means (s)he hasn't seen this episode.
Feb 7, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2008
So, the true main antagonists in this series has finally shown up and looks like Gintoki will face serious challenge in fighting against those people in the future not just Kamui or Takasugi.
FalloutShounen3Feb 7, 2013 3:52 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Feb 7, 2013 4:00 AM

Jun 2012
Hope there's a new episode next week.... Would suck if they only show a new arc every cour, the episodes where they aren't story arcs but just the everyday hijinks the cast get into are what make the series for me
Feb 7, 2013 4:01 AM
Aug 2010
A chilling reminder that Gintama is the best anime in existence. That conclusion honestly went better than I could ever expect.

On a sidenote, are we still getting the movie this summer? Lolol
Feb 7, 2013 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
This is a beautiful ending, I'm interpreting Suzuran's hand falling in the end as her death. I really enjoyed this arc.

And sadly, it looks like it's reruns again next week. I hope we get to see the Tamazaki mini-arc at least.

5/5
Feb 7, 2013 4:18 AM

Aug 2007
OTAKUADDICT said:
And this troper is applied to Oboro who 'miraculously' survived from Gintoki's powerful attack. WTF!?(...)

If Otose survived (and could recover this quickly) and Isaburo (and could recover this quickly) AND Gintoki (several times) and many other characters then Oboro's survival is even more likely. After all he's a kung-fu master who can manipulate his body to an extent we've never seen before. Plus he surely got medical help from the Amanto.
Feb 7, 2013 4:22 AM

Aug 2008
goral said:
OTAKUADDICT said:
And this troper is applied to Oboro who 'miraculously' survived from Gintoki's powerful attack. WTF!?(...)

If Otose survived (and could recover this quickly) and Isaburo (and could recover this quickly) AND Gintoki (several times) and many other characters then Oboro's survival is even more likely. After all he's a kung-fu master who can manipulate his body to an extent we've never seen before. Plus he surely got medical help from the Amanto.

Oh I see. Seriously, I was never expecting that guy would really survive that and end the show with the secondary villain dead.

Feb 7, 2013 4:27 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing arc. I enjoyed every episode of it.
Holy shit, and that ending was perfect.

9001/5 (This score is not enough though)
Feb 7, 2013 4:28 AM

Aug 2010
Very Beautiful conclusion to what has been most likely the best arc of Gintama :D

-First off...Takasugi's mercilessly killing that fat bastard made me feel so much relief XD...thank u Takasugi. I wonder if he will start making a move soon.

-Nobume has definitely raised in my fav girl ranking a lot during this arc (Became my fav along with Tsukki and Kagura) and her relation with Oboro is interesting. I really wonder what Sasaki did for her to be that loyal to him.

-Tsukki was sooo cute blushing when she was told she is beginning to act like Gintoki hehe. Man this arc shipped GinxTsukki so hard and I loved every moment of it.

-Loved the kick the can scene. lol'd at how Sho-chan was participating too XD

-Man Suzuran was really beautiful when she was young. That scene at the end was really touching.

Can't wait to see what happens nxt...what will Takasugi do, How will Zura react, how frequent the Tendoshu will show up...etc

Also what did that scene in the PV mean???? are we back to reruns????? PLZ, at least I want some new comedy eps!
Feb 7, 2013 4:30 AM
Feb 2013
I have a question. If Prince Hitotsubashi's group is planning to wrestle control of Edo from the Tendoshu,are Takasugi and the Kiheitai behind it too?
Feb 7, 2013 4:39 AM

Aug 2010
lolseeker said:
I have a question. If Prince Hitotsubashi's group is planning to wrestle control of Edo from the Tendoshu,are Takasugi and the Kiheitai behind it too?

From what Oboro asked Nobume (that they're on their side) I think we can conclude that(?) Maybe not sure though.
Feb 7, 2013 4:46 AM

Aug 2008
Barion-Zara said:

-Nobume has definitely raised in my fav girl ranking a lot during this arc (Became my fav along with Tsukki and Kagura) and her relation with Oboro is interesting. I really wonder what Sasaki did for her to be that loyal to him.

I really wish Sorachi will make a serious arc about her that would be epic.

Feb 7, 2013 4:47 AM

May 2012
Even if I had already read the manga this arc was still amazing to watch.
Easily 5/5
Feb 7, 2013 4:56 AM

Jan 2012
What an episode! Events of this arc are wrapped up nicely; but as we find out more about the world of Gintama, new questions are constantly being raised. Even though this series is predominately an episodic comedy, I can feel Gintama gradually heading towards something grand and epic in terms of its plot and characterization.

Yes, I teared up at the end.
Feb 7, 2013 5:06 AM

Dec 2011
Ah and so end the Ikkoku Keisei arc. Oh man I teared up a bit at Maizo and Suzuran part.. that was just really emotional ;__; But kick the can part was hilarious!

On other news, I've never read the manga because I don't want to get spoiled but wow Nobume having connections to Naraku?? Holy shit I didn't see that coming. Now I want an arc just about her! Sorachi, make it happen!
Feb 7, 2013 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
Awesome ending like I expected. Finally that Sadasada get what he deserved. Takasugi don't usually appear but when he do then expect shit to go down.

Who knows how powerful Takasugi is right now, he is slowly building up his power. He already got the Yato and Mimawarigumi on his side.

Man, I wished Sorachi will write more arc like this.I want to know more about Nobume's past.

I don't believe that the next episode will be a rerun since Katsura is on standby!

Feb 7, 2013 5:37 AM

Jul 2010
Amazing ending for an amazing arc.To be honest though, i wish it was a little bit longer, for ex. like 10 episodes (yeah, dreams...), but still!, im freaking happy with what we got, and im putting up this arc in my top 3 of Gintama's, because it has everything besides Zura.
About episode itself, damn, dat Takasugi.Sasada finally got what he deserved.Takasugi saying same words as Gintoki in previous episode made it even more epic!
Nobume...why u so awesome.I feel like adding her to favs now.Hoping for bigger arc with her, since she doesnt seem like a random character now.
Ok so that was perfect, i teared up, but now give me some Kamui? D:

Fairies! xD
5/5 10/10 100/100

edwd2 said:
And sadly, it looks like it's reruns again next week. I hope we get to see the Tamazaki mini-arc at least.

Why does it look like were getting reruns for you? i mean look at OP, theres still something we didnt see.Im guessing 1 more arc and then reruns.
Feb 7, 2013 5:47 AM

Aug 2011
Best Gintama arc ever. The comedy, the action, the plot, everything was perfect. 11/10.

Only thing missing was Zura.
Feb 7, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
I could say so many things about this episode but why cannot I write anything? At complete loss of words. I can only come up with one word. "Beautiful ♥"
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2013 6:06 AM

Jan 2011
Beautiful conclusion to this arc. Had so much tears running down my eyes by the time the ED started playing ;A;
Feb 7, 2013 6:13 AM
Mar 2012
excellent work, these guys should clone themselves and work on all shonen
Feb 7, 2013 6:38 AM

Mar 2012
TOUCHING ROMANCE STORY

juice totally came out my eyes.
Feb 7, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2011
That was just beautiful. I actually cried a bit at the ending, it was so damn touching. ;_;

Gintama amazes me in so many ways. 10/10 for this arc. ^^

Edit: Pretty good call swapping the ED and the OP for this episode. The OP fits the mood so much better. Gotta applaud Sunrise for their magnificent attention to detail.
-Kenshin-Feb 7, 2013 7:10 AM
Feb 7, 2013 7:00 AM
Mar 2012
Just another awesome Gintama arc. I DEFINITELY hope we don't get reruns now. We need more comedy after such a dark conclusion!

BTW, Takasugi avenging his sensei was just epic.
Feb 7, 2013 7:05 AM

Jun 2008
Beautifuul 5/5 for the Arc

Feb 7, 2013 7:42 AM

Feb 2012
Uhhh so flawless. I cried like a baby at the end, and Nobume is deffo one of my faves now
Feb 7, 2013 7:56 AM

Mar 2012
its a shame that we're back to rerun next week :
Episode 110: People Are All Escapees of Their Own Inner Prisons
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
A beautiful way to end a beautiful arc.
Feb 7, 2013 8:53 AM
Aug 2011
I didn't think that I would get emotional when the two would meet up again but I did.
Seeing them young again and the whole atmosphere in the last scenes was just lovely.

Hazuchi said:
On other news, I've never read the manga because I don't want to get spoiled but wow Nobume having connections to Naraku?? Holy shit I didn't see that coming. Now I want an arc just about her! Sorachi, make it happen!

Same here.
I'll re-read old chapters and hold off on anything else because I don't want to be spoiled...but yeah I was surprised too.
Feb 7, 2013 10:00 AM

Dec 2008
iLostReason said:

edwd2 said:

Why does it look like were getting reruns for you? i mean look at OP, theres still something we didnt see.Im guessing 1 more arc and then reruns.

Yeah I don't read the manga but looking at the OP Gintoki still hasn't fought that Kassadin looking guy.

But apparently next week is a re-run... hopefully only one or two.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Feb 7, 2013 10:03 AM
May 2012
Say Hello TO sensi !!!!!!!!!!!!!

but still, Katsura didn't get his time in this arc *__*
Feb 7, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2010
my pride didnt last long and then i cried
Feb 7, 2013 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Nice conclusion to this brilliant arc.

Takasugi made his appearance! I like how Gintama never uses or puts Takasugi in any of the episodic/comedy episodes. His appearance is always for plot purposes, and every time he appears on screen, it means business. Without a doubt one of my favorite shounen villains.

I'm 100% sure now that his arc will be the final and best arc. And of course Zura will be of great importance in it.

This episode revealed a lot for the plot.

I just love everything about this show. Nobume was awesome this episode, I'm looking forward to learning more about her. She better get an arc in the future.

10/10 for this arc
Feb 7, 2013 12:01 PM
Jul 2012
20/20 for the arc, very well done and makes me excited for whats comming next. I've been wondering if they are gonna air new episodes now? Or start again with the re-runs.
Feb 7, 2013 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
Once again Gintama proved to be more epic than all actual nekketsu. No need for special move.
Feb 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
One of the best arcs
was so damn good, made me cry
100000/100000

Hide and Seek

The Resistance
Feb 7, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
is that it is confirmed! no episode next week?
Feb 7, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2012
Best fairies ever. I want them to be my fairy godmothers!

I'm glad we had a serious arc from Gintama that wasn't all fighting. It's a nice change of pace. And I'm especially glad to get an ending that doesn't immediately make me feel stupid for crying (See: Renho arc). This needed a sad ending, and damn was it good.

I assume more reruns after this, judging from the lack of preview... but since the movie is written I don't know if that is actually the case. Maybe they were too lazy for a preview. Or something. Whatever it be, I'll still be watching it next week.
Feb 7, 2013 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
baltazak said:
is that it is confirmed! no episode next week?
yah, and its for the best guys, this one arc was 13 chapters long, We got to let the manga get ahead

Also those complaining about this are forgetting one big thing, these re-runs are making the new stuff so much better, havent you noticed that these past 9 episodes have had animation quality better than your average gintama episode by far. Kintama arc was a comedy arc and it even got the serious arc treatment in terms of animation.

Plus these re-runs allow us to get episodes of the show months before we normally would have got originally, for example if we were to have waited for them to do a non re-run air, we would have need to wait until may for this arc to even start and june for this arc to even end
JizzyHitlerFeb 7, 2013 2:42 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2013 2:36 PM

Sep 2010
Beautiful conclusion. I love the serious arc for Gintama I always weep every time without fail.

Too bad its bad to re-runs from what I heard not interested in those blech. >_>
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 7, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
This episode is building up for so much the future.
Feb 7, 2013 4:05 PM

Dec 2011
Holy! Nobume is actually some sort of a strong warrior, and affiliated with Oboro...

and Takasugi killing Sadasada! How terrifying.

I wish we could see more of the Tendoshu, especially the one who blinded Takasugi's eye.

It was a nice ending for the arc, with Suzuran and Maizo meeting at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2013 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
So was i the only one that got the idea that both Suzuran and Maizo died in the end, he was saying that they would be together forever from that night on and ends with them both walking off into the moon's horizon, cause if so god damn that just became even more beautiful than it was originally
JizzyHitlerFeb 7, 2013 4:57 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 7, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2010
THANK YOU SHINSUKE TAKASUGI! YOU ACTUALLY KILLED THAT FAT BASTARD! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! *Hugs you* But my only complaint is that you got a cameo! D<

The ending to this arc was beautiful. Out of all the other serious arcs, this one is the most awesome. :) I know I said this already but I'm glad Sadasada fatso is dead!

We may have re-runs again, but I shall wait for the actual new episode.
Feb 7, 2013 4:21 PM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
So was i the only one that got the idea that oth Suzuran and Maizo died in the end, he was saying that they would be together forever from that night on and ends with them both walking off into the moon's horizon, cause if so god damn that just became even more beautiful than it was originally

Yeah, that was the impression I was thinking too. If that is how they did it then that's definitely on freakin' point and very beautifully done (and touching).

Hmm, matter of fact I'm wondering if that is what happened if Gin-chan and the gang maybe took their bodies and perhaps buried them somewhere together?? Damn, too bad we don't get an epilogue to tell if that's the case; but perhaps they just want to leave it to the fans' imagination, lol.

Well done, either way.
Feb 7, 2013 4:22 PM
Jan 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
So was i the only one that got the idea that oth Suzuran and Maizo died in the end, he was saying that they would be together forever from that night on and ends with them both walking off into the moon's horizon, cause if so god damn that just became even more beautiful than it was originally

It was fairly obvious that they died together, there is even some obvious dialouge that hinted it. And yes the ending was really beautful.
Feb 7, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
Scande said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

It was fairly obvious that they died together, there is even some obvious dialouge that hinted it. And yes the ending was really beautful.
yah youre right......god damn this was a really depressing ending but i think its so beautiful that it doesnt get you down. fantastic arc.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 7, 2013 5:57 PM
Jul 2012
Great ending to the great arc. 5/5

But this last part of the episode.. that empty table.. first I laughed,, but in a couple of seconds I realized that it might be the truth... it makes me cry.
Hope the movile will be done by summer anyways...
Feb 7, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
Astounding ending

One thing worries is me is that, are we only gonna be getting new serious arcs? Because although Gintama has astounding serious arcs, I want some to see some of the comedy arcs getting animated :(
Num1dad_AsuraFeb 7, 2013 6:14 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Oct 11, 2012

122 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.