Forum Settings
Forums
New
What is the worth of Kuragehime?
It is made of excellence, and deserves to be added to our Enlightenment list.
45.5%
It is not remarkable enough to be mentioned in our illustrious club.
54.5%
Its flaws are ignored for all the hype it has, and it deserves to be added to the Relations list.
0.0%
11 votes
Jan 31, 2013 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
Kuragehime has been forced out of her flat and into the limelight of today's poll.
Therefore, it's your chance to praise it to the heaven of Enlightenment, or to rant it down to Relations hell.

If you haven't seen the series yet, use the reviews and opinions expressed here or elsewhere to help decide whether to watch it or not, NOT to decide your vote.

Anyone misbehaving will receive a full-body depilation.
MaegilFeb 7, 2013 1:36 PM
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 31, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
It's quirky, charming, and wholly original. It's a rare gem that gives us female characters that are physically unattractive, but as characters they are immensely charming and lovable. It's also nice to have an anime about otaku that doesn't ever talk about anime.

It's weird, silly, and just plain fun. And who can NOT love that intro? Pop culture references galore!

Feb 4, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this show so much I don't think I'll ever be able to scrub the cute from my eyeballs.
Feb 5, 2013 12:46 AM

Apr 2009
Come on, this show was unique and one of the few saving graces during the season it aired. I never finished it, though - I had other things to do and somehow never bothered with it again.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 7, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
Yesterday I forgot to remind you of the end of the deadline for voting here. I'll close this thread later on, so do post your final comments and votes.

I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Feb 7, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
This poll is now closed; this anime has been deemed to be too unremarkable to be mentioned in our lists.

Thank you to all who voted, and don't forget to check the other ongoing polls.

Feb 8, 2013 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
Just going to state this for the record because I think it's bullshit that a series which gets glowing appraisal in the posts gets voted down without anyone backing up that position. So in light of playing the devil's advocate, I'm going to say that I only thought Kuragehime was average. It would take far too long an explanation why, but all in all, I think that like other potentially good series like Sankarea, the series doesn't really know where it's going. And in the end, we settle with a less than stellar conclusion that resolved conflicts we didn't even know were really conflicts to begin with.

But I do seem to have a bias against josei works in general, and I admit that the characters in Kuragehime are stronger than typical archetypes seen in other demographic series (e.g. a veritable shounen shitfest). Judging it as a josei though, I can only see it fall in comparison to greater works like Honey & Clover and Nodame Cantabile. And if we can agree on the last point, then perhaps we should be questioning what should belong in the Enlightenment list in the first place - anything at least marginally decent or good, or only true masterpieces.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.