Forum Settings
Forums
New
How good/bad is Hokuto no Ken
It is a historical classic on its own merits, and deserves to be in the Enlightenment list.
50.0%
It isn't bad, but there's no point in adding it to either list.
25.0%
It is the granddaddy of all pseudo-mature violent anime, and deserves to be in the Relations list.
25.0%
16 votes
Jan 25, 2013 7:04 AM

Jan 2013
This series is a well-known classic, and is often parodied and alluded in other works. However, doubts have been raised on whether it is really excellent or really over-hyped.

If you haven't seen the series yet, use the reviews and opinions expressed here or elsewhere to help decide whether to watch it or not, NOT to decide your vote.

Anyone not behaving as an Uber-Elite should shall be mercilessly exploded.
MaegilFeb 1, 2013 4:57 AM
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 25, 2013 12:39 PM

Feb 2005
Maximum cheesy beefcake violence. Of course, it is close to perfection.
Jan 31, 2013 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
This poll closes tomorrow; please don't forget to share your opinion and your vote.

I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Jan 31, 2013 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Now this is what shounen should be like. Sure it might seem like mindless violence but in the end it manages to deliver great emotional impact. (People here die all the time. And they stay dead. No magical ressurections. Nobody with a name (who doesn't die in the first episode he appears in) becomes decoration in the background. They all have strong presence and you really DON'T know beforehand if they remain alive after the battle)

And yhis is indeed the manliest anime ever:
Jan 31, 2013 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
Oh shoot, I accidently put 'relations' when I meant to click enlightenment. D=

Assume there is one less for relations and one more for enlightenment.
Jan 31, 2013 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
Accidental, eh? Riiiight...

BTW, weren't you going to suggest today's poll?

Jan 31, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
Maegil said:
Accidental, eh? Riiiight...

BTW, weren't you going to suggest today's poll?

Oh was I? Uhhhh.

I'd say Kuragehime, since we mentioned it before.

You should also do one for Pokemon just because it would amuse me and I'm curious to see how people would vote.
Feb 1, 2013 4:56 AM

Jan 2013
This poll is now closed; this anime has been deemed to be good enough as to be added to the Enlightening list.

Thank you to all who voted, and don't forget to check the other ongoing polls.
MaegilFeb 1, 2013 7:31 AM

Feb 1, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2011
Amberleh said:
You should also do one for Pokemon just because it would amuse me and I'm curious to see how people would vote.

I'm not sure if I would've picked the 2nd or 3rd option if that was the next poll. I loved it as a kid, but looking back, it's an incredibly shitty show.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.