Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2015 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
Red_Keys said:
and unnecessary insults aimed at Araragi.

They aren't unnecessary, that paedophile deserves it.

Mar 20, 2015 2:19 PM
Mar 2012
Sorry to be trolled but can we mention Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso to add to the relations?
Mar 20, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
ZeroMoon said:
Sorry to be trolled but can we mention Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso to add to the relations?

Seems like a fair bit of people around here might be on board, I need to get back on the wagon since I was unnerved of the psychological content like the others were, so I might end up not liking it.
Mar 21, 2015 11:07 AM

Feb 2008
I'm surprised it isn't on the relation list. Shows like this usually get there real quick (considering it's ranked really high for the garbage it is).

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 26, 2015 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
Yeah how is Tokyo Ghoul not on yet lol
Mar 26, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
onodorable said:

+1 for Tokyo Ghoul, 2nd Season as well while we are at it.

Also the same for Aldnoah Zero.
Mar 26, 2015 5:40 PM

Sep 2014
baki502 said:
+1 for Tokyo Ghoul, 2nd Season as well while we are at it
Mar 26, 2015 7:33 PM

Jun 2012
RoyLegacy said:
baki502 said:
+1 for Tokyo Ghoul, 2nd Season as well while we are at it

I third this. Anything Tokyo Ghoul.
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Mar 27, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2014
Ehh l'm not too sure on Tokyo Ghoul being on there because a lot of people are agreeing that the anime is a bad adaptation. Heck, currently the second season of TG doesn't even meet the relations score threshold. Sure the series is really popular, but l'm not sure it's too overhyped. l don't care if it gets on relations, but l can't say l support it. Who knows, maybe l'll see some rabid TG anime fans that might change my mind.
Mar 27, 2015 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
Okay the second season doesn't meet the score threshold anymore (it doesn't even deserve a 7) but it's not like the first season was any better. It still holds a 8.10. The manga doesn't have the best fanbase but the anime watchers are the absolute worst.

By the way the score threshold is 7.77 right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Mar 27, 2015 8:55 AM
Oct 2010
baki502 said:
onodorable said:

+1 for aldnoah.
Mar 28, 2015 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
Thrall said:
baki502 said:

+1 for aldnoah.

+1 for Tokyo Ghoul
-1 for Second season
+1 for anything A/Z
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 28, 2015 5:44 AM

Feb 2008
You already voted for Tokyo Ghoul on the previous page, sushi.

Well, if we have Akame ga Kill that's not even half as popular as Tokyo Ghoul is (and it's probably better than Tokyo Ghoul), I see no problem kicking Tokyo Ghoul to the relations. I think we have enough votes.

Mar 28, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
I dunno man, AgK was pretty bad.

And +1 on Aldnoah. Couldn't make it past the first episode of the 2nd season because of its dumb BS and its first season was pretty much a gimped Urobutcher-anime wannabe with the writers trying to emulate his style but with no good reasoning story-wise. It'd be dandy if its two main characters also made it onto relations.
Mar 28, 2015 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
Not saying it wasn't bad, just that it's not as bad as TG haha. AgK was still a shitty shounen.

Mar 28, 2015 10:54 PM

Mar 2015
+1 For Aldnoah lol
May 21, 2015 10:45 PM

Jul 2014
Nominating the atrocity that is DanMachi
May 21, 2015 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
Tozzy said:
Nominating the atrocity that is DanMachi

Is it really that popular though? It's only .12 points above the threshold and I don't hear much talk of it aside from the boob string.
May 22, 2015 1:15 AM
Apr 2015
I think we should wait till the show ends and see if the popularity dies out or if it remains. I agree with the person above. The anime itself isn't really talked about. It's just Hestia that's talked about. If anything instead of the anime being put into the relations list Hestia should be put in the character relation list.
May 22, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2014
AbooseTheMoose said:
I think we should wait till the show ends and see if the popularity dies out or if it remains. I agree with the person above. The anime itself isn't really talked about. It's just Hestia that's talked about. If anything instead of the anime being put into the relations list Hestia should be put in the character relation list.

Fair point. Guess it's all I've personally been hearing about for some time. See if it persists
May 22, 2015 3:30 AM

May 2013
I highly doubt that anyone will remember the show in half a year. In the end it's just another LN fare done by the numbers. It's much, much better than the 4 LN shows I watched last season, so I can't bring myself to really dislike it, lol.

May 23, 2015 12:14 AM

Feb 2008
That's what the three month rule is for (even though we never follow it when something sucks haha)

May 23, 2015 5:14 AM

Jul 2014
ZetaZaku said:
That's what the three month rule is for (even though we never follow it when something sucks haha)

Yep. Only just noticed after I posted. I may return in the future!
May 23, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2008
The problem with the 3 month rule is that sometimes we forget stuff long before MAL/the Western fandom does. We decided to wait back when AoT was voted on even though it was and is obviously vastly overrated (even if it's a 5 or 6) and popular. It's hard to keep hearing about a show if not everyone is following it at the same time and you stop checking out the related forums.
NickienatorMay 23, 2015 8:45 AM

May 23, 2015 7:29 AM
Apr 2015
We should at least wait for the show to finish airing. Fans might turn to hate the show for the bad second half. If they don't it just gives us a clear call for a title on the relations list.
May 23, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
The three months rule was introduced primarily because of the E-list nominations, to prevent people from nominating anime right away before the (personal) hype has gone down, i.e. to prevent voting on impulse. The rule, of course, does apply to the relations as well, but we've had cases where it was gracefully ignored, as Zeta said.

As for that dungeon anime, it's not too popular/overrated from what I've seen, although the shitty string (girl) is. That being said, I'm pretty much staying away from the community, so maybe the anime is more talked about than I give it credit for.
Jun 21, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
*Reads first post*

What's wrong with Higurashi? ;_;
Jun 27, 2015 6:50 PM
Mar 2015
I dont kwon if someone has already write about High school DXD Born , because in most of the tops i see about the "who is the hottest girl in the anime " always is she Grias .
They know more the Character than the anime .

+1 for Tokyo Ghoul

jprau29Jun 27, 2015 7:07 PM
Jun 27, 2015 9:49 PM
Apr 2015
A lot of casuals already see Tokyo Ghoul as a flawed adaptation. If anything the manga deserves a relations spot, not the anime.
Jul 1, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
I wanna nominate Plastic Memories for the relations list.
Jul 1, 2015 7:12 PM

Mar 2012
Aldnoah Zero
Danmachi
Owari no Seraph
Hibike Euphonium
Amagi Brilliant Park
Selector Infected Wixoss
Date A Live
Zetsuen No Tempest

Nei-san said:

^
also this
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 5, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2014
Loli-Sazanami said:
Aldnoah Zero
Danmachi
Owari no Seraph
Hibike Euphonium
Amagi Brilliant Park
Selector Infected Wixoss
Date A Live
Zetsuen No Tempest

I know you personally hate Hibike! Euphonium with a passion. I don't really care if I cop flak for this but I enjoyed it a lot. It seems... really out of place on that list (when compared with the shows on there I've seen). Did I hate the yuri shit? Yes. Does it overdo the drama at times? Yes. Are there tropey characters? Yes. But at least the show has some heart about it.

While it has been overhyped A LOT it doesn't seem right in that group.
Jul 12, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2015
Owari no Seraph is split cours is it not. Therefore its not finished yet
Jul 14, 2015 10:42 PM

Sep 2009
Red_Keys said:
Zetsuen no Tempest was garbage. Every line was convoluted and delivered in the most frustratingly "we're trying to be cool and deep" way possible, but the actual show offered absolutely nothing interesting or noteworthy.

Typical overreacting BS trying pretend and convince us like there was some sort of actual drama going on. The show was about fighting with poles and jumping around. The plot was just an excuse to get there.

At least, until I dropped it half way through.

I also want to nominate Black Lagoon. That show was god awful.

The characters were all boring flat stereotypes. The only thing that made it worth the watch was hearing them scream profanities at each other. The pseudo-deep crap was almost pitiful with how immature and stupid the rest of the show was set up.

The whole "woe is me nobody understands me" cliche'd drama was completely ineffective, and honestly made me stop watching at times because I just couldn't stomach it in one sitting. It seemed like a half ass attempt to have some sort of "internal character conflict", that was only an excuse to animate more "badass" scenes of "emotional rampage" where Revy shoots people with half her eyes hidden behind a shadow, typical "I'm in my emotional mode now woo fear me" anime style.

So deep.

The show was a joke. And with an 8.23, overrated as all hell. This show doesn't deserve a 5.

I agree.
I kept trying to watch that show, but always quit about 5 minutes in.
It was always at the top of cruncyroll, but it was a terrible anime.
Find me on:

Gaiaonline - Maleedawl
League of Legends - Maleedawl
Steam - Maleedawl
Jul 14, 2015 11:01 PM

Sep 2009
One Piece
- I don't understand why any anime needs to exceed over 100+ episodes. Kudos to anyone who actually watches any of them, and any series that has over that amount. I read some of it shonen jump and it was boring. A good read on the toilet, maybe, but overall boring. I don't understand the plot, is there even a plot?

Ghost Hunt
- I watched 10 episodes into this and I remember why I started it. It looks like that popular corpse party. Infact, just about everything in this story reminds of that game. I lost interest in it. I cannot even remember anything that happened, thats how bad it was.

Fate/Stay Night
- I saw that this was a popular series, and gave it a shot. First episode, drag. Holy wars is the only thing I remember about it. I lost interest not too long into episode. I then came back to it, and watched the movie. Which I had no idea was all the episode combined. Great. Overall, all the characters lack development. The plot either went over my head or was not going anywhere at all.

Gosick
- I was sent to this anime under a recommendation, and stopped 3 episodes in. I'm so tired of all these ' detective ' anime's and to get you interested in the anime, you get a monotone french maid lolita dressed girl who is the heroine of clusterfuck. The most mysterious and captivating thing about this anime is how it leads you to believe that you're getting a rozen maiden type vibe. No.

Lupin
- Enough with this anime, please. Jesus Christ, how many spin off series does this character need? The animation doesn't improve after the first, where the fuck is plot, and what prompted the series creators to keep this shit rolling.

Kill la Kill
- The story is actually pretty good, compared to most trash that is popular, however, that art style. Oh god, it's awful. I cannot watch those fight scenes without cringing.

Hitsugi no Chaika
- 2 episodes in, dropped. Coffin Princess, I mean, lolita girl with coffin that actually stores her huge rifle ( ? dafuq. ) has no emotions and is a mage or some shit. Main character guy, typical harry potter bullshit - everyone in the world is out to get him, boo hoo. Add in that 3rd character, tagalong sister because monotone overdone lolita girl has no fear of pedobear main character. I actually don't remember shit about what was going on with this anime, I just know it was boring, and I regret watching it.
Find me on:

Gaiaonline - Maleedawl
League of Legends - Maleedawl
Steam - Maleedawl
Jul 15, 2015 3:49 AM

Aug 2009
It would have been so much more productive if you bothered to read the rules for nominating anime before writing the post.
metamorphiusJul 15, 2015 3:53 AM
Jul 15, 2015 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
maleedawl said:
One Piece
- I don't understand why any anime needs to exceed over 100+ episodes.

Yet you have D-Gray man on your favorite list. Also, Pokemon and Yugioh. Also, One Piece is a good toilet read!? Nid would be insulted! In fact, I am insulted for him!

You know, it's really ironic how you mention shit animation, bad/boring/lack of plot, and bad characters, yet you have Sailor Moon Crystal as your #1 favorite. Lol

Also,
metamorphius said:
It would have been so much more productive if you bothered to read the rules for nominating anime before writing the post.

I know it's hard, I completely understand, but you really need to read something here to make you look less of a total pleb than usual. Take my word for it, believe me! ;)
Jul 15, 2015 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
maleedawl said:
One Piece
- I don't understand why any anime needs to exceed over 100+ episodes. Kudos to anyone who actually watches any of them, and any series that has over that amount. I read some of it shonen jump and it was boring. A good read on the toilet, maybe, but overall boring. I don't understand the plot, is there even a plot?

Look, I don't like One Piece. Hell, I hate One Piece. But to say that it was bad because it was "boring" and "too long" is stupid at best and outright false at worst.
Also, you're quite the hypocrite for using that as an excuse.

maleedawl said:
Ghost Hunt
- I watched 10 episodes into this and I remember why I started it. It looks like that popular corpse party. Infact, just about everything in this story reminds of that game. I lost interest in it. I cannot even remember anything that happened, thats how bad it was.

...You haven't seen or read many horror/mystery stories, have you?
Also, you dropped this show.

maleedawl said:
Fate/Stay Night
- I saw that this was a popular series, and gave it a shot. First episode, drag. Holy wars is the only thing I remember about it. I lost interest not too long into episode. I then came back to it, and watched the movie. Which I had no idea was all the episode combined. Great. Overall, all the characters lack development. The plot either went over my head or was not going anywhere at all.

1)- The show is already on Relations.
2)- The movie and the show done by Studio Deen are generally considered to be fucking horrible.
3)- Don't nominate something you've dropped. At episode 1, no less.
4)- You decided to watch the movie instead of the ufotable anime. You only have yourself to blame.

maleedawl said:
Gosick
- I was sent to this anime under a recommendation, and stopped 3 episodes in. I'm so tired of all these ' detective ' anime's and to get you interested in the anime, you get a monotone french maid lolita dressed girl who is the heroine of clusterfuck. The most mysterious and captivating thing about this anime is how it leads you to believe that you're getting a rozen maiden type vibe. No.

Eccentric personality traits are nothing special for detective fiction. In fact, they're kind of the norm.
Having a detective who is normal is rarer than having a detective who is strange.
Although the loli detective thing is an irritating cliche.
That being said, you again dropped this show.

maleedawl said:
Lupin
- Enough with this anime, please. Jesus Christ, how many spin off series does this character need? The animation doesn't improve after the first, where the fuck is plot, and what prompted the series creators to keep this shit rolling.

...Lupin is just good mindless fun. I don't thing it's popular enough or praised enough to be on Relations, the fanbase kind of knows what it is and isn't.

maleedawl said:
Kill la Kill
- The story is actually pretty good, compared to most trash that is popular, however, that art style. Oh god, it's awful. I cannot watch those fight scenes without cringing.

I really hope you're joking. You have Sailor Moon Crystal on your favorites and you're complaining about animation?

maleedawl said:
Hitsugi no Chaika
- 2 episodes in, dropped. Coffin Princess, I mean, lolita girl with coffin that actually stores her huge rifle ( ? dafuq. ) has no emotions and is a mage or some shit. Main character guy, typical harry potter bullshit - everyone in the world is out to get him, boo hoo. Add in that 3rd character, tagalong sister because monotone overdone lolita girl has no fear of pedobear main character. I actually don't remember shit about what was going on with this anime, I just know it was boring, and I regret watching it.

...I don't even feel like commenting. Stop nominating shit you haven't finished.

Loli-Sazanami said:
Aldnoah Zero
Danmachi
Owari no Seraph
Hibike Euphonium
Amagi Brilliant Park
Selector Infected Wixoss
Date A Live
Zetsuen No Tempest

Nei-san said:

^
also this

I already gave A/Z +1.
Danmachi is not well known or popular enough to be here.
Haven't seen Seraph and I doubt I will.
Massive -1 to Euphonium, give it a rest already.
Amagi is barely above the threshold, so -1.
Wixoss isn't well-known or well-rated.
Date A Live isn't rated high enough.
I already gave a +1 to Tempest.
Plastic Memories is meh...abstaining simply because I don't care about it enough to vote.
AmberlehJul 15, 2015 12:45 PM
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 19, 2015 5:50 AM
Mar 2012
I really think it's about time to remove Noucome, Gundam Seed Destiny, Kiss x Sis, K, Deadman Wonderland, Zero no Tsukaima, Highschool of the Dead and probably index and BTOOOM! from the relations list due to the lower score than 7.77 unless theirs a reason. Hellsing should be also be removed due to Ultimate version getting more praise.

We should probably all debate on this right now.
Aug 20, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2014
ZeroMoon said:
I really think it's about time to remove Noucome, Gundam Seed Destiny, Kiss x Sis, K, Deadman Wonderland, Zero no Tsukaima, Highschool of the Dead and probably index and BTOOOM!

This brings up a good point, how long do shows stay on the relations list? Is it until they aren't as hyped and their fan base disappears, or do they stay up forever? Just food for thought...
Red_Keys said:
Basically I'm MAL's Jesus. I watch shitty shows for your sins.

Aug 20, 2015 6:41 AM

Oct 2011
A few of these we are going to look into removing. We're currently in the (very slow) process of revamping voting rules as well, so current relations will get a look over as well.
Aug 28, 2015 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
I think Future Diary should be added to the list as the plot especially near the last couple of episodes had some huge plot holes and just sucked in general. People often argue that the OVA was better but the OVA didn't address any of my problems; it just made a happy ending. The only thing good about this show is Yuno. Other than that, its a pretentious pile of garbage. Btw I'm new to this so yeah :)
Aug 28, 2015 5:31 PM

Oct 2011
Hey, welcome to the club. Be sure to read the rules when you get a chance.

Future Diary is already in the club relations under it's Japanese title, Mirai Nikki.
Aug 29, 2015 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
And so is Yuno under character relations, because she sucks as well (but that's a discussion for the character relations thread, please don't continue a discussion about that here and make me ban myself).

Aug 29, 2015 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
Thanks!
Aug 29, 2015 12:31 PM
Aug 2014
Is School Days listed?
If not, something is just wrong.
I've watched the entire thing, or more like I suffered through the entire thing..
Only reason why it should not be listed is the fact that the end will satisfy you a lot.
Aug 29, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
School days is the only anime which I have gave a 1 to. It is impossible to watch in my opinion. I want to continue watching it so I can make a review on it but I just can't. Someone can tie me up in a chair and make me watch School Days as torture. This isn't a joke either. School Days hurts.
Aug 29, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
I'm going to sound stupid for this but how does one put one of those pictures under their names when they post something on a forum. I'm sorry that I don't know this, I'm new to MAL and I've only ever used 4chan xD
Aug 29, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2008
My page > Edit button behind Profile > Forum.

Next time make sure to use the Tangental Discussions Thread for subjects that don't fit in this or other threads in our club, please. This includes any more questions in case the above isn't clear to you.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.