Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 7:58 PM
Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a bad little OVA, when you get right down to it. Reminded me of those old direct-to-video scifi/horror movies from the 80's, like Galaxy of Terror, The Dark Side of the Moon, and Event Horizon, though the latter two came out much later. Like most 50 minutes OVAs, it just never really had time to develop its ideas to their fullest.
Mar 27, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2009
That was a weird movie.. I mean, the monster? is so weird is like a devilish monster that can produce holograms, illusion, ghost, monster-insects-like (you know the boss from Metroid) and even zombies is like too much to defeat but I guess that was the funny part, unbelievable, these horror sci-fi movies tend to have a typical end this is not the exception but.. still too much for a monster xD Overall is a funny experience.
Sep 6, 2013 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
It's like b-movie, but anime. I liked it :3
Jul 19, 2016 4:58 PM

Jun 2009
Was this ever release outside of Japan. In English?
Dec 23, 2016 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
I thought this was pretty mediocre (certainly not helped by the bad VQ for the fansub).

The OVA had trouble ending, while I liked the idea of him not being able to stop the third ship and thus the cycle continues, I preferred the hint at him being the only survivor and going into stasis knowing the ship didn't have enough energy (or so I thought at the time) to continue keeping everyone alive. So he eventually went into die and join his friends.

The Sex scene was so out of nowhere and made no sense, we went from lives on the line to suddenly calm relaxed bed scene with a single transition! Thats a pretty powerful kiss lol
BlaizeVJan 4, 2017 7:33 AM
Nov 30, 2017 3:48 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
In order to calm her down after their comrades got massacred by these bizarre monsters, they had to find a room where they could have sex. As the poster above me pointed out, this scene really came out of nowhere and I don't think this was necessary for the story. :P

I also don't understand the ending. After that ship arrived....what happened next? It just cut to the credits.

Well... Didn't really like this, unfortunately. :/ Some of the scenes weren't supposed to be funny but it made me laugh somehow, like the dude who was scared that he won't get to take a piss before he would get killed. Like, what the...?? :P
Dec 12, 2017 10:31 PM
Oct 2017
I'm kinda surprised of the low rating. I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for space and horror so I was hooked on the premise alone. For an OVA, it has some animation too. I think a few details could have been fleshed out, and some of the humor missed the mark for me, but good overall.

The sex scene out of nowhere was dumb and took away from it.

I was not a fan of the sound design, I think it would have greatly benefited from better music in general. It's good though. Like a anime b-movie, I think it's worth a viewing if you're into horror.
Apr 25, 2020 5:15 AM
May 2019
While it showed potential, this was generally just far too short to develop properly. Some scenes were completely unnecessary too and could honestly just have been cut out.
May 27, 2020 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
"Everyone's dying! We're gonna die too!"
"Let's fuck"
"Ok"

The most retarded sex scene I have seen in one of these OVAs.
Apr 28, 2023 4:58 PM

Jan 2016
yeah, like everyone else I'm just here to comment about this out of nowhere sex scene lol
but enjoyed it overall, kinda remind b trash movies but I think it's more on sci-fi Asylum mockbusters
PxHCApr 30, 2023 1:47 AM

Mar 21, 3:55 PM

Aug 2017
It was ok, most of the scenes were dark I didn't know what's happening in it, but overall I liked the story,
I'll give it a 6, even thought it's an 80s OVA, the animation could've been somewhat better.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.