Forum Settings
Forums
Cage of Eden
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 31, 2013 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
I was expecting them to talk about the Dragon's Triangle. Its like the Bermuda Triangle but in the Pacific. There were a lot of cases of disappearances from small fishing boats to large military boats. Based on Mariya's information of where the plane crashed and the location of the island the fact that they jumped into the future could have been caused by the Dragon's Triangle.

Also on a completely unrelated note, while I realize it took them 3 years that was an impressive boat they managed to build.
Nov 5, 2013 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
Well I agree with everyone else. The ending was rushed and therefore kinda sucked. Too many things were left unsloved or unanswered. BUT, if this series ever had a sequel it could be made into something really awesome.

But a few things left out/ignored/needed more info/etc.

1. Hades and Kouhei of course. Hades was in like 3 chapters. maybe 4. Did Kouhei die?

2. Next, what happened to the rest of the world? Did that bio-toxin thing make it to the outside world? Is there an outside world for them to return to??

3. Did anyone else besides me ever think that maybe Zaji would ever make it back to the group??? After is death there was like no mention of him except for like 3-4 times. When Hades and Kouhei showed up to beat that failed experiment monster, I really at first thought that the guy with Hades was Zaji. I really did. Cause Hades said he pullled him from a river and his wounds were really bad which that situation sounded like Zaji to me since Zaji was badly injured and fell into a river.

4. what the FUCK happens once they all try to leave the island!?!?! Do they make it? Do they find out they are like 50+ years in the future!? I wanna know Dammit!

Either way, this manga was amazing till that last little bit. I enjoyed it every step of the way.
Nov 16, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
i really don't know what to say to that ending but I really was looking forward to a got one with all questions answered
Nov 22, 2013 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
All these people here can't use their imagination, need to have everything spelled out for them. -____-

It's pretty damn clear they traveled in time to the future. The island was built for Miina. MC's mom continued because she dreamt of her son's life on the island. It was pure coincidence that the plane landed on the island.

Hades probably lost his mind early on, and the mask is just because. Kouhei said he didn't belong in the light with Akira anymore, so he's either alive somewhere or he's dead because of his injuries from the fight.

It doesn't matter why Real Miina has amnesia, because she really doesn't know anything about the island. Though, a good plot hole is why she wasn't with her grandpa on the plane, since apparently he never let her out of his sight.

I mean, sure there are some prevalent plot holes. Why the pilot was so sure they were running out of time (also never stated out of time for WHAT, as in, it didn't have to be to live), why Miina was alone on the plane, etc.

But all the rest, seriously? Use your head or just deal with it.
Nov 25, 2013 10:54 AM
Nov 2013
dude. they are clones.
Dec 1, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
Well, any high hopes for the ending is unrealistic. It is really hard for creator to write a long sci-fi without exposing it to numerous plot holes. Eden no Ori do have a lot of plot holes (and clues or characters that are not followed up on) throughout the narrative. Compared to what I had expected of the ending, it is actually decent.

Though, Eden no Ori is quite far from a masterpiece in its own genre (sci-fi, psychological, shounen, action, romance with a bit of time-travelling?). It is still a creative title, but just doesn't match to masterpieces with similar themes, genres, and lengths, like Psyren.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 12, 2013 8:04 AM

Dec 2010
This serialization was definitely not cancelled in anyway. It was just that the author had ran out of ideas to make it more interesting anymore.

Notice how the repetitive cliffhanger to each of its chapter after 120++? It was obvious that the author was trying really hard to drew the attention of the readers with all that cliche-cliffhanging situation.

Bad ending. No, Awful ending.

1/5.
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Dec 20, 2013 7:29 AM

Jun 2010
Shittiest ending ever. Why would you end your manga like that? No reason except cancellation. Fuck. Kinda obvious that this was not the original ending is supposed to be. Oh well, no hope. I highly doubt this series will get a sequel. I bet it would be good if someone adapt this and do an original anime ending...
Dec 27, 2013 7:16 PM
Dec 2013
I feel like the "time loop" is wired be cause the island was made and had an old computer processor but mariya has a laptop before the plane crashes so....hmmm
Jan 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
Just read this manga for the past 2 1/2 days and I was really looking forward to what would come out of this and I'll have to say the ending really disappointed me in what I considered a very, very good series.

Well this really sucks. There were hints of couples, romance, etc. (fan service obviously included) but literally NOTHING came out of it. Nothing formed, no confessions (besides Saji), nothing of that sort. Left a lot of the relationships and bonds with one another really incomplete.

Also no explanation for the time traveling portion is also a bit strange but I guess that I can chalk that up to something that humanity can't understand and that is why nothing was done with that.

This series could have definitely been extended out if it wanted to and allowed to have the ending it really deserved. It could have ended with the same ending (leaving on a boat for a journey), but at least explain how the bonds/relationships among the survivors ended or what came of them. Maybe even show a little bout of Kouhei and Hades and what their ultimate fates were.

I'm just ultimately disappointed in the build-up and little to no conclusion of the survivors bonds/relationships with one another. Maybe it was decided that the series was going to be cancelled and they hurried up the conclusion in the last volume. I don't know (although I haven't read all the pages in this thread yet but I will). Either way I still hold the series in high regards even if the ending was a bit crap.

That about does it for me for my thoughts.
Work in progress...
Jan 14, 2014 4:18 AM

Nov 2012
When i start reading thiw manga i didnt expect much but the end was better than i thought. The last 3 ch with akira's mother made me cry...:(.
Feb 19, 2014 3:07 AM
Feb 2014
Ahem, the ending felt rushed but it nevertheless had a somewhat solid conclusion.

So, from what I can assume, here is the gist of things.

Plane crashes > In the real world plane disappeared > It actually arrives in the future on the island

How did it arrive there? Well, remember Akira's Mom saying the island was to be built where the plane disappeared. Which means the island never existed in the 1st place, thus the pilot saying "We can't possibly have landed" or something along those lines. The island was built in memory of the crash.

Why build an island and infest it with extinct animals in the 1st place? It was all Itsurugi's plans, to create this paradise of shitty animals to appease his "dead" grand-daughter. Akira's mom had nth btr to do anyway, so why the hell not.

So after the island was built and extinct animals were created, a biohazard attack occured, wiping out the population of the island. Queue Akira's plane crash group, and there is where the manga started.

As for Kouhei and Hades, they were probably just some "Lone Wolf" type of characters meant to be badass or some shiet. Hades is just some random high-school kid who went insane probably.

So yeah... The author took the "disappeared into a worm-hole and ended up in the future" path, funnily enough, it also created a time paradox, if the plane hadn't traveled into the future in the 1st place, none of this would've happened.
Feb 23, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2012
ah...T.T I'm really "Unsatisfied" I read the whole manga for 3 days and I really like it because every chapter have feels of "cliffhanger" I honestly thought it is already masterpiece because of that that's why I manage to finish it in a short time

...But what is this ending >.< the series is perfectly fine "chapter 1-182" , like the other said it feels it is rushed or the author runs out of an idea

+ there is a silly question that I can't erase in my mind. Why in chapter 1-2 akira find himself outside the plane ? I mean is it weird that many of his classmate are there in the plane and perfectly fine
Mar 5, 2014 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
-Sci said:
ah...T.T I'm really "Unsatisfied" I read the whole manga for 3 days and I really like it because every chapter have feels of "cliffhanger" I honestly thought it is already masterpiece because of that that's why I manage to finish it in a short time

...But what is this ending >.< the series is perfectly fine "chapter 1-182" , like the other said it feels it is rushed or the author runs out of an idea

+ there is a silly question that I can't erase in my mind. Why in chapter 1-2 akira find himself outside the plane ? I mean is it weird that many of his classmate are there in the plane and perfectly fine

Same here
got hooked instantly and couldnt stop reading :O
The only bad thing was the ending. Manga needed at least 10 more chapters

all in all a really great mystery manga
8/10
Mar 6, 2014 12:21 AM

Jun 2011
badgerkins said:
However farfetched it may seem, the only plausible reason I can think of is if the plane just disappeared and reappeared many years into the future. The news said that they couldn't find any of the plane wreckage and it was revealed that the island should not of existed at its time. So when the plane disappeared, Akira's mom built the island as sort of a memorial and dream she had so I think she predicted the future someway.

NOW, what happened to the world in the future? Its probably safe to assume that the human population is close to extinction and may have been caused by the blue biohazard substance (did they explain why it was created?) that could of leaked outside the island. So in a way, these kids, who are probably the only survivors of the Earth, are kind of like the new Adam of Eve that is referenced alot in this series.

I actually agree with the theory it makes sense actually. To be honest, that whole clone theory just didn't sound right and it would just add more fuel to fire of unanswered questions. The whole dream theory that the whole story up till now was a dream made by Akira's mother is just fucked up, seeing as how, he saw his friends get eaten, beaten, and hurt. The girls were nearly raped in several occasions, including the girl he is in love with!
Apr 20, 2014 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
yeahhhhhh a few lose ends not tied up there. not really sure how i feel about this but defintely happy with the closure i did get
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 2, 2014 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
Twilight_Fade said:

Well this really sucks. There were hints of couples, romance, etc. (fan service obviously included) but literally NOTHING came out of it. Nothing formed, no confessions (besides Saji), nothing of that sort. Left a lot of the relationships and bonds with one another really incomplete.

Also no explanation for the time traveling portion is also a bit strange but I guess that I can chalk that up to something that humanity can't understand and that is why nothing was done with that.

I'm just ultimately disappointed in the build-up and little to no conclusion of the survivors bonds/relationships with one another. Maybe it was decided that the series was going to be cancelled and they hurried up the conclusion in the last volume. I don't know (although I haven't read all the pages in this thread yet but I will). Either way I still hold the series in high regards even if the ending was a bit crap.

That about does it for me for my thoughts.

i totally agree, it was ridiculous how it end abruptly and left the reader hanging
May 2, 2014 10:33 PM
May 2014
torgon02 said:
I'd been expecting the 'They were all clones' ending since the pyramid tower arc. I don't have a problem with that except that if they were created on the island after all the people were dead, how did they end up on the plane with their clothes and belongings? This was way too rushed. Weren't the people outside losing a big fight just before the flashback started? Then someone makes an offhand comment is the future about some future technology that keeps the creatures off the school grounds and that's supposed to settle it. It would have been nice to get some closure on Kohei and Hades as well as some of the more cryptic hints left throughout the series

it wasn't clones it was more like they were thrown into the future and landed on that island cause that where they dissapeared.
May 11, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2013
Damn this disappointing ending to a good manga :((
Jun 1, 2014 9:12 AM
Jul 2013
After reading this seemingly good manga all i have to say is..wdf.
Just that ending I..could understand if its about the Bermuda triangle but... no I disliked that ending to the fullest. I didn't have closure ...it was terrible.
sigh such disappointment... was hoping for a sequel but NOPE ended right there.
-.-
Russell7x7Jun 1, 2014 9:15 AM
Jun 9, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
I can list a ton of plot holes but I'm too lazy to do so besides plot holes doesn't necessarily ruin an anime or manga for me.. I gave SAO a 10 after all. Anyway what really disappointed me was that they didn't made it back.. it ended with them traveling on a boat and that's that.. we don't know if they made it back or if they can make it back considering that they are in the "future".. also no end pair.. even the Kurusu X Yarai didn't happen much less Akira X Rion.. man I was really looking forward to that.. but *sigh*

The ending was rushed and it was very disappointing.. that's a fact but it is also a fact that I enjoyed the 184 chapters of this manga and the crappy ending can't change that

9/10
Jun 15, 2014 11:26 PM
Apr 2014
I believe that the author did have to change the ending because it was set to be canceled. In the very beginning it looked like a diatryma beak going through the plane, so somehow that interaction with the plane caused it to jump through time? The pilot obviously saw something and knew that they had to get off the island. There was a tunnel under Miina's monument that lead somewhere. Everything seemed to connect until chapter 183. Also, WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANY RELATIONSHIPS PULL THOUGH? Seriously though... Not even a kiss?

There were so many great questions that still needed answering and I feel like Miina or her memories really was the key to getting back to the past, but I feel like the ending plot was changed around the time when the 20T Paraceratherium stepped on Nishikiori. I thought that it seems like the author is saying, "we have to crush this plot now because the series will get canceled soon :("
Jul 3, 2014 5:42 AM

Feb 2013
till chapter 150 it was for me a 10.... then it got a little weaker and with the ending it rl got screwed up so i just gave it a 8.... toooo many open questions
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 30, 2014 2:15 PM

Oct 2013
Zhou said:
"As soon as preparations for Yamada-sensei's next work are complete, serialization will beginn!"

Usually it's something like "Please look forward to ...-sensei's next work.", possible hint for a sequel?

i agree when they say that they must mean that he wanted to end it with them all grown and make a sequel were they are adults maybe going to another island or going back to japan because it's pretty clear that they went through time that explains the girls name on that one tower so i say a series were they go to a future japan or get caught in a time stream and get sent to old japan like nobaguna time

this is my guess so i dont know
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
wat the actual fuck happened
Aug 27, 2014 1:08 AM
Aug 2012
love the manga but ending a let down always saw it as a lost anime version didn't expect the ending to be the same but hey lost has more plot holes then eden don't see that as a thing...
Sep 30, 2014 12:29 AM

Apr 2011
I don't get it ?

how does creating an island suddenly bring back to life ? I think there an important information that was never given wtf ?
Oct 2, 2014 7:31 PM
Jul 2012
Sigh... sad that it has ended. Finished this in two nights. This manga has to go on one of my tops because it has everything that I enjoy when watching anime or reading manga. Kind of disappointing though. There's no closure to the story. Hades? Kouhei? I might have missed what happened to Nishikiori but if not I'm counting him in the characters without any closure to them. I also wanted to see what happens to them when they arrive to Japan. That would've been really interesting to know. Now it's killing me... Rion and Akira. Now I won't know what becomes of them! But it's obvious. Still!! Cmon author! Why you gotta end it like this?! Oh well. Now on to other manga. This manga will surely be nostalgic...

Ey! This story could it be related to the missing Malaysian airplane that went missing not too long ago??? Coincidence?
Oct 6, 2014 4:47 AM
Oct 2014
just finished the manga and of course all of us really disappointed with the ending,
but I want to think a possibilities of a sequel, even it has been 4 years since the manga ended.
I just hope that the author will bring akira and friends going to japan and find a new adventure to lookup for more info about
- what time they are in right now
- what kind of motive why kaira island is built and they make those animal
- what kind of purpose behind all those country helping the project
- and hope that there is some scientist that learning about time paradox and give us some more explanation
and I hope that those biohazard accident occur so there would be more adventure like the first one.
and more things like kouhei and hades guy infiltrated the ship to survive.
yeah thats just my hope and suggestion to the author to make this sequel more interesting.
anyway that's just a hope for a sequel and explaination.
Oct 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2011
This last chapter... -_-

Well first thing first, the manga went downhill around chapter 50-ish for me, before that there was true horror and fear, after that it turned into shounen friendship crap, especially the main character, Akira, he just loses his charm all the sudden and became the typical goodie goodie main character. This guy, ugh.. I don't really want to get too much into it, but.. I don't see why they are still keeping up the 'Akira is so cool and brave and he is the only one that can be our leader' crap, I can only see Akira being the leader ONLY BECAUSE he is the MAIN CHARACTER. He doesn't think, he would risk it all for Rion alone, and all he has to him is his bravery, which equipped with MC plot armor that makes it less impressive. He is only smart when the plot calls for it, more often than not he is annoyingly naive and stupid.

Now for the female characters, well.. there are.. boobs, and.. boobs. You can basically sum up the female characters to boobs and stringed panties. The author tried to make them appear less useless, but instead it makes them more useless. Rion is often the damsel in distress despite what she often attempts, and she is still the gymnastic club's captain, which she should have high physical ability/flexibility, but never displayed any of it for most of the time. I could rant on forever for each and every of the female characters, but I'll stop here.

Most of the characters, if not all, are annoying at some point, maybe except for Zaji, since he died early. Oh and I forgot to mention, the King Kong/Zaji arc is pretty good, not as good as I remembered when I read EnO for the first time, but still pretty damn good.

Now for the ending, there is one thing I absolutely want to know no matter what, is, who are the characters I have followed for 185 chapters? This is the one question that left me empty inside after I have completed the series. Time travel? Alternative reality? Sounds fine, just fucking confirm it. It does not, and I repeat, DOES NOT feel good to know that the characters I have been following all this time are.. hollow, which of course they aren't, with their memories of the past still intact, but, the 'moya-moya'/uneasiness I have.. it doesn't feel good at all.
And seriously, after a century, our technology doesn't seem to have improved much. Lol.

P.S. There are also a lot of wasted panels and totally useless/repeated dialogues everywhere.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 6, 2015 7:49 AM

Sep 2009
damn this manga had so much potential, why did it end like this, it didn't even answer anything other than them being in the future, now im regretting why i read this in the 1st place
Jan 6, 2015 8:09 AM

Sep 2009
yuhikari said:
just finished the manga and of course all of us really disappointed with the ending,
but I want to think a possibilities of a sequel, even it has been 4 years since the manga ended.
I just hope that the author will bring akira and friends going to japan and find a new adventure to lookup for more info about
- what time they are in right now
- what kind of motive why kaira island is built and they make those animal
- what kind of purpose behind all those country helping the project
- and hope that there is some scientist that learning about time paradox and give us some more explanation
and I hope that those biohazard accident occur so there would be more adventure like the first one.
and more things like kouhei and hades guy infiltrated the ship to survive.
yeah thats just my hope and suggestion to the author to make this sequel more interesting.
anyway that's just a hope for a sequel and explaination.

1 considering akira's mother's age i think it's 50-60yrs in the future
2.actually the animals were made because the rich old dude wants the dream of her granddaughter to come true (it was mentioned in ch184 that she have a liking in extinct animals)
3. that i don't know, maybe they were hoping of making/discovering something that would benefit them (bec seriously, a bunch diff country participating in that project just for the dead people of the plane crash is ridiculous)
4. i think it's one of those unnatural phenomenon, not even science can answer
Jan 22, 2015 12:40 AM

Jan 2014
I finished this manga in 2 days. I heard that it was a bad ending but still i gave it a chance. But the ending is just speechless. They could have make some additional chapters in how they went back or sorts. It just leaves u there hanging. I swear that the ending just literally gave me goosebumps
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Jan 23, 2015 2:27 PM

May 2014
God I had such high hopes for this manga I really did, what a disappointment it is.
I had guessed at the start that it might be something like they travel to the future but the fact that it isnt even explained pisses me of so much, like a cheap copy of seven seeds which has a pretty good story (better than this) and its a very similiar theme.

Anyway I hope noone reminds me of this, its not something I want to be reminded of.
I've been here way too long...
Mar 9, 2015 11:42 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't like that whole crap with 'our super cool and bravely leader good for everyone Akira'. Without other people like Mariya he would have died in a couple days, it'd be even better because in my opinion the story would be much better without such irritating characters like Akira and Rion.
After all I managed to end it because of two... three 'things':
1 Curiosity about the ending
2 Tokiwa-Chan
3 Miyauchi-Chan
My lovely predatory kitties... Rrrrrr...♡.♡
Jun 9, 2015 2:10 AM
Jan 2014
This manga was extremely captivating I learned a whole lot more than what I would in my normal humanities class. I definitely crave a sequel to this series plus I was more than happy with the ending. Yamada Yoshinobu is by far one of the most amazing mangakas I've come across.
His ending was by far not just an ending it was a TO BE CONTINUED. His work was in a league of its own so I believe that there will be sequel to this manga and if not I am still very happy and satisfied with the amount of work that he put in for this series.
Jun 28, 2015 11:42 PM

Jan 2014
xtremexx said:
Can someone please explain to me how the fuck the kids crashed and then sengokus mum built the island. I'm so confused with time, did I miss something?

Also there is no way in hell the mangaka ran out of ideas, there was still hades, sengokus friend, the whole time travel thing, where the fuck they were, some even larger animals (kinda like the thing with claws that took the plane down in the first place, which we were never told about.) and more.

So there has got to be a sequel.

That's all explained in the manga itself.

When the air disaster happened, the plane entered a rift of the space-time continuum (i.e. the black space). And remember the shock wave on board?

They were sent more than 50 years* into the future at that time.

Meanwhile in Japan, the parents of the air disaster victims got depressed etc. And later, Akira's mom was recruited by Isurugi to supervise the Eden project. Because, you know, the grandfather trusted her as both of them lost someone dear to them.

As a child, the real Miina was gifted in drawing and loved extinct animals. So the super-rich grandfather wanted to create a whole island as a monument to his granddaughter. The extinct animals were created to fit Miina's drawings.

Time passed, and Akira's mom succeeded in creating the island. But she died before the plane showed up again.

As for her dream... Well, she spent the whole of her adult life building the island AND thinking about her son. So it isn't strange that she entertained romantic ideas of her son having adventures on the island she built. That's just her dream about her son. Doesn't tie in with the plot. Probably just a plot device that makes the readers want to reach out and tell her: Your son IS having adventures! Uwah!

So to answer some FAQ.

How did they get into the future?
Ans: Rift in space-time continuum.

Was it a time paradox?
Ans: No. Why would it be?

Clones?
Ans: Why would you think that?

Dream?
Ans: I already said. Those were just the wishful thoughts of a grieving mother.

* The buildings were estimated to be around 50 years old. If they were properly maintained, they would have survived well so I am guessing that it has been 50 years after they were abandoned when the protagonists visited.

And we know Akira's mom spent time grieving and years passed in mainland Japan before they got around to constructing buildings. The land reclamation itself took years to achieve. So probably safe to estimate that Akira & friends traveled MORE than 50 years into the future.
Jul 1, 2015 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
The story of Akira's mom gave me some feels.
Im ok with this open ending. at least Akira maintaned the harem (Rion, Oomori and Yuki) . But many important things haven't explained.

6/10
Jul 2, 2015 5:44 PM

Jan 2014
blessofcurse said:
The story of Akira's mom gave me some feels.
Im ok with this open ending. at least Akira maintaned the harem (Rion, Oomori and Yuki) . But many important things haven't explained.

6/10

Many people were thinking that the manga got a sudden cancellation, hence the rushed ending.
Aug 20, 2015 9:04 PM
Aug 2015
I just started reading EnO and finish it in 2 days cause everything was so tense and hooked me on to it. But they just have to come up with time travel seriously? Thats like the worst plot idea imo as it is totally unrealistic. The author had been trying so hard to come up with reasons regarding the unnatural like extinct animals and he did great, gene manipulation and failed species. But not space time travel please. Ending and plot totally got affected due to that even if the manga wasn't cancelled :(
6/10 due to ending plot, so very disappointed
Aug 23, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
well wtf
rushed ending, many question not answered yet

sigh it's been good
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Dec 7, 2015 3:00 AM

Aug 2014
I'm still disappointed until now... I've already read this chapter a few weeks ago. They could have explained all, like who is the culprit, and who is Hades.
sup
Apr 16, 2016 11:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Been binge reading this for a while and I must say that I need to join the chorus. A very disappointing ending for an otherwise entertaining manga. I hope this was cancelled, because otherwise it's a case of a mangaka writing himself into a corner and running out of ideas.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2007
Overall it was a really good trip for me. The time travel was obvious as soon as Oomori understand the RIP.

So did they decide to build the island exactly where the plane dissappear? Well they have no way to known the plane goes to the future and will crash here. The real purpose of the Eden Project could have be to create perfect clones but we saw no experiences about that.
I don't understand the point for recreate the extinct creatures in fact. Maybe the granpa just wanted to open a zoo like a character suggest.

For the end i just hope we will get a sequel someday. Humanity maybe got wiped out.

And good fan-service overall (Rei and Oomori in force).
Apr 25, 2016 3:52 AM
Apr 2016
I love the stort so much. But i don't like the ending. I hope there will be a sequal...
May 1, 2016 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
Oh come the fuck on! THAT'S THE ENDING!? 4real!? He could have easily continued it with the way it ended, makes the world even bigger and leaves many loose ends but fkn ends it like that? da fuq man!? This shuold seriously call for a sequel but pfft, I guess theirs no way for it to happen now right? 3 years later?....could be possible but I still doubt it.

Who da fuck is Hades?
Kou is still alive and well
Did Sengoku's mom just "know" that they'll end up there?
wtf got em there in the 1st place?
Was there a tear in the space time continuum and they fell through it or some shit?
The pilot said he was almost guided and placed there when they crashed so wtf caused that?
How far into the future are they?
Is there ANY way to get back?
Is Zaji even alive? Did he survive? I thought him falling into the river was to signify him coming back later.

I heard the ending was crap and considering how close I was to the end before it said "Only 3 chapters left till the conclusion" I thought it would be kinda crappy but not this crap.

I hate open endings like this, especially if its this badly done. It'll be justified if theirs a sequel but not if theirs not.

It was an 8/10 before but the ennding made me drop it to a 7/10

EDIT:

http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/24205/is-there-an-official-explanation-for-cage-of-edens-rushed-ending

^^^
I seen this an if thats true then I guess it ain't the authors fault, fkn sales man. Why do all the good ones get cancelled? Fuck sake man.
TheNoseOfDeathMay 1, 2016 10:53 AM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 30, 2016 4:49 AM

Mar 2013
Very rarely do i read manga only content, and this is the longest of those i'd read. What started off promising for the first 100 odd chapters, went slowly but surely downhill. The ending is truly an abomination. At least if the mangaka was forced to end it early due to low sales, he should have OFFICIALLY confirmed that. As is though it is an embarrassment. My initial rating was an 8, but near the "Doctor" arc with the insane stupidity that went on there i dropped it to a 7. After this ending it should plunge even further, and it will further sink to a 6 sadly. I anticipated a shitty and unfulfilling rushed ending, but even i am impressed by how shitty it was though, albeit I've experienced numerous other horrendous endings in MANGA.. Anime incomplete endings is one thing to deal with and suffer with, but that you have to expect since it usually is adapting from Source content with the intention of promoting it, but its inexcusable for source content to be so craptacular with endings.
SlickDAug 30, 2016 5:28 AM
Sep 6, 2016 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
TheConquerer said:
God I had such high hopes for this manga I really did, what a disappointment it is.
I had guessed at the start that it might be something like they travel to the future but the fact that it isnt even explained pisses me of so much, like a cheap copy of seven seeds which has a pretty good story (better than this) and its a very similiar theme.

Anyway I hope noone reminds me of this, its not something I want to be reminded of.

After finishing this manga and writhing in pain, it is my obligation to remind you of it.
Sep 13, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
Wow so much hate, I personally liked the chapter and the series as a whole, yes the ending could have been better but its not that bad, 9/10 this calls for a sequel (which I would definitely read)
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 9, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2014
I am heartbroken by how this manga had to be cancelled. It's always had a special place in my heart. My old friend from 5th grade got me to read this manga and I finished it just an hour ago as a college undergrad. Out of respect for the mangaka and his efforts, I'll keep my rating at a 9 and refrain from dropping it.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 161 Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 13, 2012

24 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 159 Discussion

Zhou - Jun 24, 2012

23 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 157 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 10, 2012

19 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 112 Discussion

Keiz - Dec 22, 2011

20 by DebiPS »»
May 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 94 Discussion

allenallenallen - Jun 22, 2011

26 by DebiPS »»
May 29, 2023 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.