Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 27, 2013 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
This is so damn cute! Very rarely you get to see romance, comedy, AND drama mixed in so well together.
Jul 23, 2013 7:54 AM

Dec 2012
I loved how the main guy delt with Kotouras bullying issue. He don't deal with no bs LOL
Nov 2, 2013 9:54 PM

Apr 2011
Like the direction

ovoon7 said:

This is one of the more original shows of the season. And one of the best ones at that. I prefer my comedies to have feeling on the side. The best comedies have excellent serious moments, and this is a prime example.

Clannad for instance.
Jan 18, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
I've put this series on hold for so long. Wow I wish I watched it sooner. Stop playing with my feelings damn it...I'm such an M for this lmao.

Manabe's officially in my great male MCs list. Thank you for not being spineless.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 6, 2014 11:04 AM

May 2012
Damn what a great episode and it sure had a huge amount of different emotions! That ending sure was the best and most funny (that box xD) Really things sure are developing great and I wonder what will happen next!
Aug 30, 2014 3:55 PM
Mar 2009
Glad I came across this, will watch it slowly as I get the time.

Nice premise, glad she was able to avoid becoming a NEET.....
Mar 25, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2008
I like the MC so far. He just speaks what is in his mind! A real bro!
May 21, 2015 4:41 AM

Dec 2008
When kotoura tried to escape at the end, and the chibi vice pres closed the door before she could escape..l.I almost woke up everyone in my place with laughter lol. THe intro is fun, but the end theme is even sweeter too. Good show so far! ^~^
Jun 8, 2015 1:22 AM
May 2014
I like how this show messes around with most of the stock-standard high school anime cliches. Pretty enjoyable I've gotta say. However, the characters themselves aren't really all that great in the long run. Kotoura is a nice enough character, but everyone else just seems like bland cardboard cutouts. Not as good as the first episode, but still enjoyable.
Apr 26, 2016 4:02 AM

Mar 2014
Friendship in a very long time . Cast away sadness , Keep your chin up ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2015
Wow! Not again can some of these characters have a good backstory... pretty please! Glad that my judgment of senpai was wrong and she is concerned for her junior, her mother wouldn’t want that... but Red-head is another matter.

On a side note:
Manabe's character is great, not afraid to say what's on his mind (for the most part) and can say that there's a girl he likes without being embarrassed.
Mar 29, 2018 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Looks like it's going to be a fun series. That bitch got fucking rekt tho.... And that was awesome!
Jun 20, 2019 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
watching this in 2019, Manabe is such a breathe of fresh air as a male lead, a manly man...even though he has the usual trope of being a perv

little dude is awesome too
May 21, 2020 1:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode, the ESP club seems cool especially the blue haired senpai, her past with her mother is really interesting, and MC just confessed to Kotoura ? wow
Oct 20, 2020 7:57 PM

May 2013
soushite..... HATSUKOI! huehuehue ;P
Jul 26, 2021 12:26 PM

Aug 2018
Well.. Haruka says "good morning" and "I'm leaving" to herself.. How she's living on her own, by the way?.. Are parents sending her money?.. Or grandpa?.. Or someone?..
Hm.. So Yuriko's motivation is to actually prove to the world that people with special powers exist.. And she does so for her mom.. Hm..
Huh.. Didn't expect Moritani to be a bully.. Well, with how she's on poster and among mains.. Glad she got confronted.. Maybe she'll change.. But didn't expect she was even able to do such thing in the first place.. Kind of question marks here..
As well as gladly surprised that they actually continued with the problems topic.. Well, as had no idea, if anime would become some slice of life comedy or not.. It still can become one, really.. But glad to be surprised it wasn't in this episode..
Jul 4, 2023 4:58 PM
Apr 2023
Las historias tragicas detras de los personajes es algo que ayuda a profundizar en la historia y apreciarlo
Dec 5, 2023 5:21 PM

Aug 2019
we didnt get to see red hairs reaction. but again what the fuck is the problem with everyone? someone is able to read minds despite not wanting to and the others deal with it by calling her a monster and bullying her? ah yes.

i wish red hair got a harsher "punishment" from manabe. actually red hair is stupid in what world did she think that her bullying manabes friend would make manabe date her or whatever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 4:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I think this episode was as far as I got when I first watched it all those years ago, it’s possible I got further but I think the reason I held off was because I thought the censored fanservice meant that an uncensored version would come about at some point so I stopped, but looking as its over 10 years later I don’t think that’s happening lol. This was a great episode too, some very funny bits like Manabe’s wish for the power to make skirts 10 centimeters shorter and Kotoura’s solid snake escape lol.

And we kinda saw a return to the depressing stuff from episode 1 with Moritani’s bullying, I know there’s more than meets the eye with her but it is kinda funny knowing that she’ll be part of the gang eventually but as of rn she’s the villain lol. Mifune and Muroto are nice additions as well even if Mifune has ulterior motives, also Muroto looks so fucking dumb and I love it lol.
Mar 11, 9:08 AM

Jun 2021
Manabe... respect for standing up in favor of Kotoura. i feel like Moritani won't stay bad forever considering her presence in OP and ED, but what she did was something mean spirited that she needed to answer for... as if skipping karate lessons isn't bad enough already (oh, well, previews seem to correct that and i'm all in favor of it)

What kind of messed up club room is that, the school is actually ok with it? Even if, i'll concede that introducing Daichi like that worked out, he seemed a creepy doll part of the furniture. Also, Keima Katsuragi's similar appearance didn't lie, he has the same voice actor. For now, i have some difficulty into going some extreme mood swings between funny and dramatic moments, considering Mifune's family story.

Well.. Haruka says "good morning" and "I'm leaving" to herself.. How she's living on her own, by the way?.. Are parents sending her money?.. Or grandpa?.. Or someone?..

noticed this myself too.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

456 by _untitled »»
Mar 4, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.