Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2008 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YES! The story goes on. And what an episode!

Beginning with Tomoya having no idea what he wants to do in the future and super cute Nagisa ("Then I have to make you a present every day"), the first Botan appearance that did not annoy (Doll mode xD)
And how come Tomoya didn't know her birthday yet? OMG what a boyfriend :v
And a lot of
.. Nagisa becomes sick and has to repeat 3rd class another time (so this is possible in Japan, we in Germany are not allowed to repeat the same class for two times in succession)
The flashbacks were sad, they actually looked like Nagisa had really gone :'(

Next time we'll have Tomoya baking bread? I hope he has more talent than Sanae-san :D - now I'm already full of anticipation for next episodes. After Story wins!
Nov 27, 2008 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
Hi! Hi! Hi! Subs are out! http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=173973 Come and comment!
Good thing you are around Hoary!

OMG I think I got more tears than last one! The story starts out great with Okazaki doing finally the dating process, which none was in the first season so this season it's good then Kyou and Botan her pet. That was great!

Was great to see more of them being in groups to talk! :D However the sad for me I'm afraid started when Nagisa started to get weak and thus sick. The worst was just to watch and know you can do nothing but look and suffer along with tears T_T

Probably in resume since I don't want to do wall texts the next set of tears was for Okazaki and his difficulties of doing sacrifice such as his school. T_T

Sucks Nagisa missed so much of school. Fall/Winter! The school ceremony was nice with the flowers. Was quite surprised at seeing again that old teacher and meeting Sunohara with Okazaki. Now what was his name?

Nagisa's birthday party was good and gave me some LOL but very sad episode! T_T

ALso the flashbacks were T_T as well as Okazaki being sad!

I find it to waste not put some screen shots to remember so here and if you want me to put them in spoiler PM me! I won't bite. :P

1. I LOL and found it very cute Okazaki with Botan!
2. This is where the tears star pretty much. T_T Nagisa don't die and stay alive!
3. Probably one of the best group shots I seen around anime since I started in Clannad.

slayer545-samaNov 28, 2008 3:49 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 27, 2008 12:25 PM

Oct 2008
i'm assuming no more arcs and that now we delve into the after story front and centre
the preview song changed!
the last two arcs were very good, but for some reason, i had a feeling that they were "Clannad" enough, if that makes enough sense... maybe not enough Kyou...
Nov 27, 2008 12:39 PM

Nov 2008
hello1357 said:
i'm assuming no more arcs and that now we delve into the after story front and centre
the last two arcs were very good, but for some reason, i had a feeling that they were "Clannad" enough, if that makes enough sense... maybe not enough Kyou...

OMG if it gets more intense I think the bucket of tears will happen. T_T SAD one!
Nov 27, 2008 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
slayer545 said:
hello1357 said:

OMG if it gets more intense I think the bucket of tears will happen. T_T SAD one!

men dont cry. only women cries.
but i have to admit clannad is intense (in someway).
Nov 27, 2008 8:27 PM

Oct 2008
"men dont cry. only women cries."

Stereotype much?
Nov 27, 2008 8:44 PM

Nov 2008
hello1357 said:
"men dont cry. only women cries."

Stereotype much?

Guess I am guy/woman :P
Nov 27, 2008 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
king4k2 said:

That was also a strong scene, when Nagisa was the one to comfort Okazaki.
Nov 27, 2008 9:39 PM

Jan 2008
really nice episode
Nov 27, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
HoaRy said:
king4k2 said:

That was also a strong scene, when Nagisa was the one to comfort Okazaki.

Yup, I cried even at 50% understanding more or less cause the music was telling more than the speech.
Nov 27, 2008 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
So this pretty much ties up the Nagisa path, all out after story now
Nov 28, 2008 4:05 PM

May 2008
They've tied up the school life part of the story pretty well imo. Wish that would be how the first season ends.

So there are around 15 episodes left (I think). Will there be still more small arcs behind going back to the main plot or a big plot for the After Story arc?
Nov 28, 2008 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
Beautiful episode.
It was great how Tomoya showed his feelings.
BTW: lol@ Botan's doll-mode.
Nov 28, 2008 4:30 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

So it's started. ;_;

Episode was really nice, I think they wrapped up the graduation pretty well. I'm looking forward to seeing which path Clannad is gonna take from here.

Puhi in doll-mode was hilarious.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 28, 2008 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
Very touching episode. I liked this one the most so far. I can relate to Tomoya in some ways. For example, I'm a senior and am going to graduate in several months but I don't have much of an idea of what do do after I graduate so I can understand his confusion and stress over his future.
Nov 28, 2008 5:08 PM

Aug 2007
Best show of a very strong season.
Nagisa is so cute! Tomoya is so sweet! But they didn't graduate together! It wasn't supposed to be like that! Boy, those flashbacks were amazing, an the music, oh the music.

I've never cried at anime but this show will likely get me started. Great episode.
Nov 28, 2008 5:09 PM

Mar 2008
Finally the After Story begins!
Nov 28, 2008 5:18 PM

Sep 2008
So sad, I had a feeling like during the last episode of some anime. But yeah, now after story begins, and it will much more sad...

Love the second season, it has not any harem parts, but it's filled with emotions.
Nov 28, 2008 5:22 PM

May 2007
This episode has my absolute love for it. <3
It was so touching and beautiful, and gawd I love Tomoya and Nagisa. <3

Nov 28, 2008 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
Best clannad episode so far. The music was excellent in this episode, except for ending, which kinda of ruins the mood. I hope to see more episodes like this in the future.
10/5 for the episode
I can't wait for next week's episode
Nov 28, 2008 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know how much more of this show I can handle.

I think like 7 of the 9 episodes have had me balling.....baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's just going to get more emotional, isn't it....
Nov 28, 2008 6:12 PM

Feb 2007
HoaRy said:
Nagisa becomes sick and has to repeat 3rd class another time (so this is possible in Japan, we in Germany are not allowed to repeat the same class for two times in succession)

dunno, I think even in Germany you'll be able to repeat a 3rd time with a special reason. With Nagisa it's the poor health.

Beautiful episode and the end of the final pre-after story: Nagisa Arc. I'm a little bit curious how it will go on, there are still 15 episodes left.

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Nov 28, 2008 6:20 PM

Nov 2008
Talon said:
HoaRy said:
Nagisa becomes sick and has to repeat 3rd class another time (so this is possible in Japan, we in Germany are not allowed to repeat the same class for two times in succession)

dunno, I think even in Germany you'll be able to repeat a 3rd time with a special reason. With Nagisa it's the poor health.

Beautiful episode and the end of the final pre-after story: Nagisa Arc. I'm a little bit curious how it will go on, there are still 15 episodes left.

All I have to say is my hope is with Nagisa not dying although I hope Fuko will also come around since I really liked her arc of season 1 most. Brb still got to watch this subbed! :P
Nov 28, 2008 6:40 PM

Apr 2008
king4k2 said:

You, sir, are and idiot. :/

Finally, huh? I didn't like CAS for those 2-episode arcs, I hope it will focus on one arc entirely now...
ModrzewNov 28, 2008 6:52 PM
Nov 28, 2008 6:56 PM

Jan 2008
I think I might be the only person who didn't love this episode.

It was cute seeing Tomoya finally taking the intiative and asking Nagisa out to a date. Too bad she had to get sick though - I would have looked forward to seeing that. Nonetheless, everyone concerned for Nagisa's well-being was sweet - especially Tomoya. Moreover it was nice to see him finally show a release of emotions by crying.

Eh, I'm not much of a Nagisa fan - but the episode was good :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Nov 28, 2008 7:00 PM

Apr 2008
jazmin_s said:
I think I might be the only person who didn't love this episode.

Welcome aboard, you're not the only one.

I also just liked it (4/5), but compared to the previous eps, it was teh m0st aw3sum ep of CAS so far. Something is starting to happen, AT LAST.
Nov 28, 2008 7:12 PM

Apr 2008
Nagisa T_T

Very Nice Episode!!

Botan in Doll-Mode was lol xD

Nov 28, 2008 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
The episode... I give a 10/5
The After Story begins!!!! We can't call Clannad a school harem anymore :D

Nov 28, 2008 7:18 PM
Apr 2007
I find it ironic that this episode made people cry, since its ep 9... if u recall in Clannad, the first season, ep 9 was the episode that made people cry, The fuko arc... maybe theres a connection o.o.
Nov 28, 2008 7:23 PM

Apr 2008
@slayer
Please keep spoilers in a spoiler tag. You're spilling a major spoiler out. It'll be bad for those who haven't watched the movie or played the game.

Poor Nagisa...

This is what I've waited the most. This episode almost got me how much more for the later episode. This series is really epic.

Nov 28, 2008 7:24 PM

May 2008
I am a guy and I bawwwwwwwweeedddd in the first season ep 9.

But... this one was just like "aww how sad."

This felt more like a season's end, rather than a start...

What happense here? Is there like a time jump?
Nov 28, 2008 7:25 PM

Jun 2007
~sniff~ aw Nagisa and Tomoya are so cute.

I cried twice, so yeah I loved this episode.

After Story begins now... dunno what to expect >_<
Nov 28, 2008 7:34 PM

Jul 2008
The episode was good, not as good as other episodes, but still good. The birthday party and graduation moments were nice. At least Nagisa will go into this year having some friends unlike last year.

Loved the Botan doll part.
Nov 28, 2008 8:01 PM

Sep 2008
Well, it might of not been as good as the previous episodes, but it was definitely a good transition for whats going to happen next.
lightychan said:
The episode... I give a 10/5
The After Story begins!!!! We can't call Clannad a school harem anymore :D
Ahaha, then what should we call it then?
Nov 28, 2008 8:20 PM
Nov 2007
Well they merely brushed past the Teacher arc although they did hint it.

And about time they started the true after story
Nov 28, 2008 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
15/10

The one thing I love the most about Clannad is that the love between Nagisa and Tomoya is deeper than just plain lust, which is what 99.99% of other romance shows are about.
Ecchi shows are just not my piece of cake. I see a panty shot and the score of the episode automatically drops by 5 points (out of 10). Personally, I find shows like Rosario terribly unappealing and Akane seems to be going in that direction with the last episode...

I'm assuming Kotomi screentime will be reduced to near zero in the next episodes. They definitely need to keep characters like Kyou, Tomoyo and Sunohara to liven up the sad parts.

All KyoAni needs to do is change the ending song... it breaks up the mood too much. Is there a petition?

Sidenote: These BS-i raws are insulting this series... Why can't HD MBS have widescreen.
Nov 28, 2008 8:48 PM

Nov 2008
hello1357 said:
15/10

The one thing I love the most about Clannad is that the love between Nagisa and Tomoya is deeper than just plain lust, which is what 99.99% of other romance shows are about.
Ecchi shows are just not my piece of cake. I see a panty shot and the score of the episode automatically drops by 5 points (out of 10). Personally, I find shows like Rosario terribly unappealing and Akane seems to be going in that direction with the last episode...

I'm assuming Kotomi screentime will be reduced to near zero in the next episodes. They definitely need to keep characters like Kyou, Tomoyo and Sunohara to liven up the sad parts.

All KyoAni needs to do is change the ending song... it breaks up the mood too much. Is there a petition?

Sidenote: These BS-i raws are insulting this series... Why can't HD MBS have widescreen.

WE ALL WANT FUKO! Also!
Nov 28, 2008 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
15 EPISODES for the after story now! That's gonna be a long eventful story now.

How could Sunohara application to become a model got rejected? xp
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 28, 2008 9:53 PM

Mar 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
The episode was good, not as good as other episodes, but still good. The birthday party and graduation moments were nice. At least Nagisa will go into this year having some friends unlike last year.

Loved the Botan doll part.

Thanks for reminding me! I wanted to point out that in the game, Botan lets out a fart during class and Tomoya is forced to take the fall for it! Here's the script:

Nov 28, 2008 10:42 PM
Apr 2008
TuXeyM11 said:

Sort of. If you watched the movie, it'd all make sense.

Anyways, from this point on, I am going to HATE myself for watching the movie. Should have stuck with reviews on it and not watch it due to it's crappiness, but no, I just had to. Ugh. All because of the fact that:

Pretty much, this series is ruined for me due to the spoilers from the movie, ugh. Good day.
Nov 28, 2008 11:17 PM

Mar 2008
HappyPear said:
TuXeyM11 said:

Anyways, from this point on, I am going to HATE myself for watching the movie. Should have stuck with reviews on it and not watch it due to it's crappiness, but no, I just had to. Ugh. All because of the fact that:

Pretty much, this series is ruined for me due to the spoilers from the movie, ugh. Good day.

If you've watched the movie and think you're utterly spoiled: You've still got something coming. =)
Nov 28, 2008 11:18 PM

Jul 2008
This was definitely the saddest episode of After Story so far. I had teary eyes for half the episode. I loved that we finally got to see how much Tomoya cares for Nagisa. In all the previous episodes, you couldn't really see how they felt about each other, but this one certainly made it obvious.

I think that this episode would have made a better ending for last season though because it feels like ending, yet like everything's jut beginning. Glad to see they're finally moving on to the real After Story. The previous arcs weren't too bad, but I think they're really going to pale in comparsion to what's yet to come.
Nov 28, 2008 11:21 PM

Nov 2008
HappyPear said:
TuXeyM11 said:

Movie or not there is no way I am going to believe in the spoiler until I see done in this series. I refuse to believe that spoiler! Plain and simple.

Some thing after subs

More tears is all can say. Sunohara will be accepted as a Model with Sakagami most likely giving him good kicks in the ass so that he is not lazy!

I will yell out "I HATE DISEASES!" officially I try sometimes closing my eyes but cancer/AIDS all these things you can only watch the person till he or she dies. I really hate that and wish to do something but always want to do something but never really know what just something to help someone recover from such life threatening crap!
Nov 29, 2008 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
that would have been a great closing episode
1:18 et vivus et fui mortuus et ecce sum vivens in saecula saeculorum et habeo claves mortis et inferni
Nov 29, 2008 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
now they are already moving to the end? how are they supposed to end this? there are still too many episodes left. but i really feel pity for nagisa, it like a endless loop where she cant escape from.

Nov 29, 2008 12:41 AM

Aug 2008
I'm curious to know what shows up next.

This episode felt like it was like, the last episode or something. And it probably would have been for some other series.

But it's sad that they won't let Nagisa graduate. They've hinted how that she's gotten good grades and all. It's just that she has poor health. Too bad they won't let her add in the days from her first year as a senior to her 2nd year as a senior (or maybe even that wasn't enough to graduate??)

But I suppose what was surprising was this episode pretty much covered about 80% of the school year. It's like "zoom, forget what ever else happened during the school year, it wasn't important."
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 29, 2008 1:07 AM
Mar 2008
Awesome episode, I almost cried at the end, which rarely happens to me.
Nov 29, 2008 1:29 AM

Nov 2008
Why is everyone assuming that this anime will end the same way the movie did?

Maybe KyoAni will decide to stick to the happier path.

Of course, I'm trying to be optimistic, holding back tears as i go.

Why must this anime make me so emotional ;_;. I mean, I must have shed tears at the end of every character story arc. Especially Fuko T_T
Nov 29, 2008 2:46 AM

Dec 2007
The drama in this episode was great. Now this has happened I'm curious about what's going to happen next.

And Puhi's doll mode was hilarious ;)
Nov 29, 2008 2:51 AM

Apr 2008
Maybe we should assume or predict inside a spoiler tag, if possible. Majority of what we may assume may be based on the movie. There are members who haven't watched the movie yet.
SylpheedNov 29, 2008 3:42 AM

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
Today, 9:37 AM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.