Forum Settings
Forums
GE: Good Ending
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2013 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
Ragix said:
What happened to that Yuuto guy that liked Yuki? I don't think it mentioned him.

You are right but I guess he wasn't that important as a character.

Also who was the person who went traveling? It says Yuasa, but they kept referring to her as 'him' so I was like wat.

Oh, I made a mistake, I confused her with Rico since the raws didn't mention her name but it's Yuasa, the photography student, the proofreader probably missed it.
Jan 5, 2013 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
Zhou said:
Ragix said:
What happened to that Yuuto guy that liked Yuki? I don't think it mentioned him.

You are right but I guess he wasn't that important as a character.

Also who was the person who went traveling? It says Yuasa, but they kept referring to her as 'him' so I was like wat.

Oh, I made a mistake, I confused her with Rico since the raws didn't mention her name but it's Yuasa, the photography student.

Oh okay, nah it's not your mistake. The guys that translated it made a mistake. It's Yuasa but they keep calling her a him in the chapter.

Well, I guess that's true, but I just thought they might have done something because he did have quite some involvement near the end there and he even decided to give up on Yuki for her happiness with Utsumi. So I thought 'aww what a good guy..'
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 5, 2013 4:36 PM

May 2009
It really was a "Good Ending".
Jan 5, 2013 5:09 PM
Jul 2009
10 Years time leap @_@?
Jan 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
It's complicated to see a manga that i had been reading since 3 years ago came to an end, but i guess the author just couldn't extended the story any longer or just got axed by the publisher, either way it's a decent manga, and thank god it's a Good Ending

asdf546 said:
Now if only Kimi no Iru Machi would end somebody needs to take it in the backyard and shoot it -_-
So true, it's been dragging way too long
Jan 5, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
Finally our GOOD ENDING :D but the huge time skip was a big surprise :D but the manga was a GOOD one i loved it tbh i started it a few weeks before but it was good
Jan 5, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
A good ending as promised indeed!
The 2 female heroines, Yuki and Shou were very likable characters with different kinds of charms, i really liked the both of them.
It kinda saddened me to see Shou ending up with her senpai, though utsumi could only choose 1 of them in the end so nothing much i can say :(

Heh, the Eri and Kouno couple was hilarious as always.
Izumi and Risa possibly hooking up? I do think that they got together though, but the author left us readers to speculate on this :P

Overall i loved this series and the characters, especially Yuki & Shou.
Jan 5, 2013 8:43 PM

May 2009
Zhou said:
Shou and Kento are expecting their first child

Second
Jan 5, 2013 9:06 PM

May 2012
Still rooted for Shou...oh well. >->
Jan 5, 2013 9:58 PM

Dec 2011
Ah. We finally got a good ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 10:34 PM
Jul 2008
This chapter really has me worrying about my future...
Jan 5, 2013 10:51 PM
Mar 2011
Good Ending?
more like incredibly rushed corny ending...

but this series had it's moments for me so yeah...

Jan 5, 2013 10:56 PM

May 2012
Meh. It was an okay ending. 10 year time skip with a quick afterthought of everything that happened since the last chapter was pretty lame. Sure it was a happy ending but I can't say it was very good story wise. Oh well it was still a good run.

To be honest I would've been okay with 155 being the last chapter.
Jan 5, 2013 11:24 PM

Nov 2009
Sigh...Felt rushed. Still a better ending than a ton of other romances out there. Been following the series week by week for three years. Can't believe its over
Jan 6, 2013 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
I don't mind this ending. I find the timeskip adorable.

In overall it all was a profound ride. :)
Jan 6, 2013 2:52 AM

Dec 2010
Pretty lame last chapter.
Jan 6, 2013 3:25 AM

Feb 2012
Blaz said:
Zhou said:
Shou and Kento are expecting their first child

Second

Damn, I made another mistake, thanks for pointing it out.
Jan 6, 2013 7:57 AM

Feb 2011
Was expecting a sex scene considering how important that overall point was to the story...

Still a decent final chapter...rushed but decent.
Jan 6, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2009
It was meh.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jan 6, 2013 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
Good story Good Ending but could have had a better build up. Time skip wasn't bad but the stuff leading to them getting Eloped would have been good to get a full story about not that rushed ending we got. Nice seeing what happens with all the main characters in the end.

Shou's mentioning of the affair was hilarious to me just because of the guy's reaction. O and Reri talking about their sex life and how his soldiers are weak was funny. Toru shouldn't have had a good ending at all why was he even mentioned I'm pretty sure no one liked him as a character just from what he did to Yuki but O well.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jan 6, 2013 11:21 PM

Sep 2011
benevolentfather said:
Was expecting a sex scene considering how important that overall point was to the story...

finally someone who also mentions the lack of a sex scene haha
Jan 7, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
Valefor said:
Time skip, how unoriginal and boring.
Well this series would have been really good if just the mc didn't change his mind every 40 chapters and the final arc wasn't a total random mess. Still enjoyable I guess.

Btw, why are there 158 chapters on MAL db if the last one is the 156?

You think it's boring, but I find it very refreshing. It is so rare that we actually get to see what happens afterwards. The fact that it's getting fleshed out is fantastic, and I hope other romance manga do the same.
Jan 7, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
I just knew they would've given us a time-skip.
We got a good ending... everyone's happy. :)
But where was the most anticipated SEX SCENE?!?

Why is there 158 chapters?
MarXHunterJan 7, 2013 3:24 PM
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 7, 2013 4:35 PM

Jun 2009
I kinda like how at least the author made sure to show what the hell happened to other characters. I know I'm egging this manga to end but I don't like rushed endings where one chapter and all is right in the world.

It had nice moments but most of the time it's too much melodramatic crap. Glad this is over now for KnIM...
Jan 7, 2013 7:35 PM

Apr 2012
Ale1212 said:
benevolentfather said:

finally someone who also mentions the lack of a sex scene haha

but...

DrizztDoUrden said:
To be honest I would've been okay with 155 being the last chapter.
Jan 8, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2010
Mediocre ending is more like it.

I really enjoyed a good chunk of this manga, but the last part where it was ending really was terrible and rushed. Overall it was good, but it really could have been a lot better.
Ok™
Jan 8, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2009
McRib said:
Mediocre ending is more like it.

I really enjoyed a good chunk of this manga, but the last part where it was ending really was terrible and rushed. Overall it was good, but it really could have been a lot better.

I felt things just took a giant dive after the Christmas chapters. It was lowers 100s iirc. It seems the author wasn't quite what to do, but decided to undo all of it by finally getting to the end of the plot (seriously, you could have the Seiji recusing Yuki chapter right after they split afterthe Christmas events and it'd fit perfectly).
Jan 10, 2013 11:26 PM

May 2012
Guess, you're right, but 30 chapters is not that much more to read.
Its sad that ge ended already, but the good thing its ended quite nice
without unnecessary shitty affairs
Jan 12, 2013 3:13 AM

Jun 2011
outlawauron said:
Valefor said:
Well this series would have been really good if just the mc didn't change his mind every 40 chapters and the final arc wasn't a total random mess. Still enjoyable I guess.

You think it's boring, but I find it very refreshing. It is so rare that we actually get to see what happens afterwards. The fact that it's getting fleshed out is fantastic, and I hope other romance manga do the same.

Well, it would've been meaingful if it was actually... meaningful.
I don't oppose time skip when they are done right, but what we got with this last chapter is that everyone is living after ten years like nothing has really changed at all (except for the kids), so why bother in the first place to show us that instead of trying to not make the usual rushed/cliched "love wins on everything because no real reason, lol"? xD
Jan 12, 2013 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
As far as shounen romances go, this one was good. It could've done without all the elopement drama and while I really liked Shou, her relationship with Ucchi seemed like something the author did so that the manga wouldn't end right away.
Jan 13, 2013 2:58 AM

Jun 2008
Valefor said:
outlawauron said:
Valefor said:

I don't oppose time skip when they are done right, but what we got with this last chapter is that everyone is living after ten years like nothing has really changed at all (except for the kids), so why bother in the first place to show us that instead of trying to not make the usual rushed/cliched "love wins on everything because no real reason, lol"? xD

exactly. well said. this manga had it's ups & downs, but my final score for this could've been much higher if it had a proper ending and not this half-assed abrupt time skip where everyone's pretty much where you'd expect them to be in 10yrs and everyone and everything is just peachy. at the very least it should've ended with 155. I think we should all just think of 156 as an epilogue special included in the final volume.
Jan 13, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
I guess the ending was fine, but it still felt rushed. There was a lot of filler near the end, and it could've just been better if they summarized the story without them.
Jan 17, 2013 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
Why is this at chapter 156.. I've read till 158 anyway
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 23, 2013 5:08 AM

May 2008
Wow i hated it im so pissed that he didn't end up with Shou. So many mangas that started out so good just have shit for endings i feel like going to japan and back handing all these stupid ass writers gahhh learn how to write a good ending..... Ok i feel a little better after that rant but for real the ending made me lower my score to a 5 such a disappointment .
Feb 8, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 2009
Valefor said:
outlawauron said:
Valefor said:

But a lot has changed. While the characters aren't out doing anything crazy, they're living normal lives. Working, family growth, and spending time with your family is the next logical step. It wasn't incredibly exciting and the entire last arc was very poor, but there's nothing wrong with the ending.
Feb 9, 2013 12:06 PM

Jun 2008
The moment I decided to read this, I already know it'll end the way it did-- it's that type of cliche we see all the time. But 10 years was a bit too much in my opinion and 20 pages to summarized the missing 10 years story. Painful for me to say goodbye. ;-; And yeah like others said, the part where Shou and Seiji met again and talk about the time they broke up. I thought "Did the author forget it's 10 years later"?

However it was really painful for me following the characters on their journey of love.
I was happy and sad. All those emotions overflowing. You can really feel their happiness and pain! Even how obvious things gonna end you just have to see it for yourself! :)

There's some silly things I wish I can change and it bothers me:

- Seiji first time was with Shou - I was so sad. ;A; It's true I was rooting for Shou at first but I wish it was Yuki's after all, it's supposed to be even if she's not his first. >.>

- Seiji's first kiss was with Yuki yeah, but he never mentioned to Yuki how the other girls forced kiss on him or forced him to do this and that to them... I thought that was unfair cause he's gonna confessed to her right. :/

- Seiji share his problems with everyone he just met. I was thinking how Yuki don't have any privacy left.

- Tooru was a very important part of the story but he got left in the corner... until the last minute.

- I actually wish it wasn't a fist fight between Seiji and Tooru lol. I was hoping Tooru would do more than punching. You know, a stab or two won't hurt. :D

There's probably more but I can't remember. I don't know but it was a lot of "not being honest with each other" moment in the air. I don't dislike Seiji, in fact he's very loyal and sincere. He's good looking and very kind to me. I love it when a guy knows how to cry! I don't know how he looks in other people eyes though lol.

Overall, this was a very good read in my opinion. I'm still very sad every time something I already learn to love has to end.
Feb 22, 2013 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
I loved this manga and i love this final. <3
May 2, 2013 8:04 PM

Mar 2013
Good read.
Sep 23, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
people can call it a rushed ending if they want, but for me its still a great ending. A ending with closers on all sides compared to many of the open ending Shounen manga mainly the weekly ones some just don't have that good ending you wished for. last one i can remember was Hitman Reborn, it lasted long but after so long not a great ending. even with this manga i remember people saying at chapter 100 and so on they this needs to stop dragging and end it already, and when it finally happens not so far off they label it rushed ending...

anyway for me it was a great ending. sure I would have loved to see Yuki and Seiji college life and such, but that would have come with other unneeded drama that people would of bitched about so no, in this case it was not needed, as we already knew how they were like when dating sweet and loving only hardships were intimacy and breakup. however with the Tooru arc that was all resolved.
same with all the side characters that mattered they were all resolved.

for a last chapter I really think this time skip was well done. most of the time in endings of manga they start showing closers for all the side characters in the last chapter itself starting with the least important then ending it with the main character, and by the time that happens you only have 2-4 pages for the main couples so yea...

here we got it all from Seiji' the main characters point of view where all the side main characters gathered around him to show us the good closers.

I liked how Eri was still Eri and still open to Ucchi about all personal matters even in front of Kouno.
I liked how Seiiji was working for Makoto Sensei and on the side opening his own open gallery.
I liked how Seiji also took care of Hikaru since mother Yuki has to work hard like she wished to do when she was young.
I liked how Yuki was able to become the hard working doctor she wanted to become, and even when tired still loved Seiji a lot to forget the tiredness to give him support and show up no matter what... oh and I liked that Yuki was even hotter as a doctor.
I liked how Izume and Risa are still close after they got close, she finally became a model, and he finally became more boss'er then the boss he already was, and a good guy boss at that.
I liked how Mei Yuasa was still being the odd adventurous gal.
I liked how Tooru was shown to have progressed in his own way, and I liked how it was again to not showing his face, because yes it was no longer needed to show his face again.
I also liked Shou and Kento together now, I had finally accepted Kento for Shou after his rain scene at the end.
And I liked Show who has remained that comedic loveable character who now mirrors her mother.

so yea Good Ending for me peace. time for Extra.
ChimasternmayOct 3, 2013 6:43 PM
Feb 12, 2014 3:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This manga went on too long with the same thing over and over again.

At least it had a "good ending". And damn does Yuki look hot as a young doctor
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2014 3:46 AM

Aug 2013
Can't believed i marathon this all in 3 days...
Just picked up this manga only a couple of days ago and it's one of my first manga
And I was amazed with this manga and the ending.

Yes i actually felt feels in this manga, and what a coincidence that the feels was parallel to the feels i felt when I watched anime for the first time.

My manga journey begins...
Jun 27, 2014 10:49 PM

Mar 2009
Loved this manga, still love it. Few things I didn't like about it and I also felt some deep pain about Tooru's feelings (was his name?). But despite all that. The art is wonderful, beautiful, very amazing. Plot is twisted or straight-forward in some areas and the characters is what I really love.

But this chapter, in general, is really great. The time lapse was too quick, or rushed, but seeing the pages fold one after another with satisfactions made me somewhat happy.

I saw the author/artist (same person really) is working on two other mangas, one of them is not translated yet. Hope someone translates it!

Oh one last thing ... Yuki was so freaking hard to predict or understand. I liked how the author focused more on Seiji's thoughts and gave few hints here and there from Yuki's perspective.
Jul 19, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2012
So, honestly not trying to be perverted, but what about the sex?
I thought the author would have shown a simple romantic scene between them given how much of an issue it was early on. Though I found it weird the only one we got was between Shou and Seiji.

Anyway the series was enjoyable, the only gripe I had with it was how Yuki always had a sort of melancholic expression, even when she was smiling (understandable given her past). I felt like the only time her expression actually seemed truly alive was was the beach scene in Ch. 155.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
The ending was fine I guess. Some boring moments here and there, but It did live up to the title good ending so I'm a bit happy with that.
Recommend me an anime
Sep 3, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
Good Beginning...Bad Ending.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 28, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Marzan said:
This manga went on too long with the same thing over and over again.

At least it had a "good ending". And damn does Yuki look hot as a young doctor

Valefor said:

^ these two summed it up really ..

it was an ok read nonetheless ..
Dec 27, 2014 4:35 AM

Feb 2012
I think an optimistic ending is better than all the tragic endings that get shoved down our throats. Tragedy is neither meant to be nor completely evadable in reality, but why force one when the plot does not warrant one? I think the ending is completely fitting and even echoes the central theme of 'time will heal everything'. That said the manga has its fault.

Yet definitely one of the more thrilling, evocative and engrossing mangos I've read. One of the most relatable as well; not to mention its realistic aspects of one man being in only one relationship with a woman as opposed to the trashy harem shit ending that's so nauseatingly embraced in the industry (mainly as to appease the fanbase and not to upset the fans rooting for one 'route').

Anyway this manga has incited me to want to do things. In a good way. Like perhaps write a review for it. It's such a very substance filled manga with the right amount of classic shounen messages that the themes become classic, rewarding reflections of the reader's high school experiences (whether poor or good), something universal, rather than another clichéd drenched narrative that's so filled with distasteful gestures with roundabout, half-baked ways of presenting clearly laudable themes of youth and aspiring to being greater. And that's something truly rare.

The main duo's relationship... Don't get me started. The best relationship is when the pair can uplift each other and help one another to aspire in relationships, sports, family, past faults or otherwise.

Ok. I'm writing a review for this later.
Jan 3, 2015 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
I really liked this manga and read it in one sitting (that was 11 hours, wow). But let me rant for a bit, okay? After 130th chapter or so I got really mad at the manga. It just contradicted itself in some aspects like whether MC liked Yuki or not - the manga explicitly said that it wasn't love from MC's part but then later it says that it was. So here's what I think: I think the author prepared two endings: one where MC ends up with Senpai and one where he ends up with Yuki. The reason I'm saying this is because the ending felt inconsistent. And man, fuck the author, because he chose the fucking worse ending. Senpai best girl and fuck everyone who thinks otherwise. And also, fuck you author for making me relive White Album 2; I just hate cheating pieces of shits. Okay, rant over.

Note to myself: don't write on forums after 11 hours of binge reading at 3 AM because it will look like I'm crazy.
your waifu is shit
Mar 4, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
Another person here who just marathoned the manga, and I was pretty happy with the "good ending" (actually probably the "best ending"). A ten year time-skip is pretty reasonable, as it showed us what happened to the main characters and their relationships (or at least the characters I cared about) while being engaged in their adult lives. The one thing that seemed a little forced was the sudden appearance of Yuki's father and the elopement as up until that moment he really hadn't played much of a part in the story (and what sorry excuse for a parent wouldn't be grateful and happy with the person who rescued their daughter from an abductor).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 20, 2015 5:56 PM
Apr 2015
It took me just only 2 days to finished reading this manga. I can't believe how time had passed while reading it. It truly was a enjoyable manga indeed.

Nevertheless, the ending is good. Most of the people will find that ending a bit of rush but I think that was okay for me.
One thing that I disappointed was how sex greatly become a factor during Yuki and Seiji' relationship in the middle of the story but not at the latter part. How I wish that the author give a glimpse on how they create their precious son, Hikaru. As for Shou, she truly deserves Kento this time. The idiot couple looks good as well as the model and casanova.

I only started reading manga recently but I think this type of atmosphere is all I want. Im looking forward to the author's current and future projects.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 86 Discussion

Explicitz - Jun 22, 2011

30 by Yanssen10 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:25 AM

» Most horrible mc?

Raizer007 - Jul 24, 2023

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Jul 24, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 146 Discussion

Sasake - Oct 19, 2012

27 by Raizer007 »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:31 PM

» one shot

Revolutionary10 - Apr 22, 2019

3 by spectre699 »»
Jan 5, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » GE ~Good Ending~ Chapter 100 Discussion

Explicitz - Oct 14, 2011

21 by For-MAL »»
Feb 17, 2022 7:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.