Forum Settings
Forums

Monogatari Series 2nd Season To Be Animated in 2013

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 11, 2013 9:06 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
As rumored, Hanamonogatari will come out separately after second season:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-11/hanamonogatari-to-be-separate-from-rest-of-monogatari-2nd-season
Actually it's not from rumor but from an interview with producer Iwagkami in NewType and I posted about this back on July 5th. There was a little confusion as one footnote ad seems to put Koimonogatari as the separate one. However anybody who checked what Iwakami said in the interview would see that he explained why Koi is the last part of the TV broadcast and why Hana will be broadcast separately, so it is very unlikely that misprint happened in the interview.
symbvJul 11, 2013 9:11 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
As I thought they might do, Neko Shiro volume 2 (down) includes summary episode 1 総集編I as a bonus. I expect we'll get the summary episodes as bonuses on all the arcs going forward but it is not yet listed for Kabuki 2 (down) or Otori 2 (down) so I can't be sure until they list the on-disc bonuses (none listed yet for those arcs). Source:
http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/package/index.html

Perhaps more importantly as it contains some stuff they should never have left out, also included in Neko Shiro volume 2 is the complete audio of Hanekawa Tsubasa's letter to Black Hanekawa: 特典音声(翼の手紙完全版)

Volume 1 also contains bonus audio, the complete Hanekawa Tsubasa monologue: 特典音声(羽川翼モノローグ完全版)
hpulleyOct 13, 2013 6:24 PM
Oct 14, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
I always expect great audio commentary by the cast (seiyuu in their respective character) in Monogatari BD/DVD.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
I always expect great audio commentary by the cast (seiyuu in their respective character) in Monogatari BD/DVD.
Yes, I sure hope she is Black Hanekawa again like in Bakemonogatari (edit, I thought it was Neko Kuro but Hanekawa did not do commentary on that arc), nyanning her way through the character commentary melts my heart every time. She is with Senjougahara on volume one (same combo as Karen Bee volume one) while Tsuhiki and Nadeko do volume two (they did episode two on Karen Bee volume 1), interesting what with Otori Nadeko Medusa having just finished. Cannot wait...

Hachikuji and Shinobu do the Kabuki volume one commentaries. Same combo as Karen Bee volume three.
hpulleyOct 14, 2013 7:12 AM
Oct 14, 2013 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
^ Those audio commentary is always of very high quality because they are all written by NisiOisiN himself. Sometimes the pairing seems really odd but somehow the interaction of the two characters turned out to be full of chemistry and entertainment. I still remember the pleasant shock I got when I heard Senjougahara dueling with Hanekawa in the commentary for Bake ep.1. Only later did I learn how popular that is, to the point that quite many fans insisted that the audio commentary is one main factor that boosted the BD/DVD sales.

Oct 14, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
^ Those audio commentary is always of very high quality because they are all written by NisiOisiN himself. Sometimes the pairing seems really odd but somehow the interaction of the two characters turned out to be full of chemistry and entertainment. I still remember the pleasant shock I got when I heard Senjougahara dueling with Hanekawa in the commentary for Bake ep.1. Only later did I learn how popular that is, to the point that quite many fans insisted that the audio commentary is one main factor that boosted the BD/DVD sales.
Indeed, with good content and cast the commentary can be the best thing about getting the discs.

How often does the original creator write the character commentaries? I can't remember many other cases where I noted this. Of course I love it when they take part in the staff and cast commentaries too.

Edit, I just corrected myself above as Hanekawa did not do commentary on Neko Kuro. I was thinking of Tsubasa Cat in Bakemongatari.

Same combos for Neko Shiro commentary were together on Karen Bee one. Same on Kabuki one on Karen Bee three.
hpulleyOct 14, 2013 7:19 AM
Oct 14, 2013 6:55 PM
Oct 2013
Moar senjougahara plox
Virus_TheoryOct 14, 2013 7:04 PM
Oct 19, 2013 9:25 AM

Jul 2012
Oct 25, 2013 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Nov 22, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
Nov 26, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
Lol, so I bet Hanemono being separate will just be another excuse to AGAIN prolong the wait for Kizumono. "Oh we're doing Hanemono first since you just finished the second season."

Yeah why don't you animate the THIRD VOLUME AND SECOND STORY of the whole damn series instead?
Nov 28, 2013 10:05 PM

Feb 2013
antonnn said:
Lol, so I bet Hanemono being separate will just be another excuse to AGAIN prolong the wait for Kizumono. "Oh we're doing Hanemono first since you just finished the second season."

Yeah why don't you animate the THIRD VOLUME AND SECOND STORY of the whole damn series instead?

I would be willing to bet that they also know what the fanbase wants and the longer they put it off the greater potential for higher sales and revenue to produce more anime at a later date. Basically, if they can produce a quality product it will be worth the wait for them and for us.
"Hey! I'm totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.