Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Sep 26, 2013 12:41 AM
Jan 2013
Zhou said:
Damn, two kings dead, the writers sure had balls to kill Mikoto, I thought Shiro would try to save him but that didn't happen, I wonder what that blue light was.

I also thought Shiro would try to save him, he promised, but that never happend. I hope there's some catch and he just didn't sacrifice Mikoto like that since he knew it will kill him. It would be better if he let Munakata kill him, the same effect, different outcome - Reisi wouldn't have died...
Oct 22, 2013 3:35 AM

Dec 2012
K was an okay anime. I heard the animation was good but I didn't really like it. The story was regular. The characters where under par in my opinion. The audio was good. I enjoyed it, which is the most important. 6/10
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Oct 24, 2013 10:51 AM

Feb 2013
God damn it! That is two depressing anime that I've watched in a row.

Glad there is a sequel though. Going to enjoy that.

Gave this a 7/10, maybe change it to an 8.

I'm going to watch something funny now because I'm depressed.
Nov 1, 2013 4:56 AM

Jan 2012
boring as fuck

same fucking BGM every ep

shit dialogue/plot that makes you wanna go zzzzzz

predictable fight scenes that are too damn short

cheap use of filter affect to give you that high quality and unique art

6/10 would not watch again...
Nov 3, 2013 8:18 AM

Oct 2013
can't wait for the second season >.< i hope shiro didn't die
Nov 8, 2013 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
I kinda-sorta-maybe enjoyed this but objectively scoring, it's a 5/10. Good ideas, strong OST, great potential, but horrible execution, pacing, characters too dull and underdeveloped, and the story just lacks at the end.

This show would be great as a 24-episode series, if they gave the characters more backstory. If they kept it as a 13-episode anime, I would at least complicate things less. Leave out the side characters that really don't matter and focus on the main characters. My main issue was that random side characters like Mikoto, or Yata, or Seri kept on showing up when I didn't care about what was going on with them. Instead, I just wanted to see Shiro and the main plot which was about him being the Silver King or whatever.

I thought that the characters were seriously too flat. When I-forgot-his-name died, I felt NOTHING. When Mikoto died at the end, I thought to myself, "Hm. Okay." Even Miyano Mamoru's character and Takahiro Sakurai's character didn't stand out to me that much.

I admit the animation was stunning at times, but it was one of the reasons why I couldn't enjoy this show. Just too distracting at times, especially the overuse of green and blue overlays, the obvious fanservice, and the faces with no noses.

Sorry, it sounds like I'm hating on this show but I'm just stating what I thought overall. Really had a lot of potential and hooked me from the second episode. I tried to like it, but I lost interest at the end. Too clusterf*cked.
MayukaNov 22, 2013 4:45 PM
Nov 22, 2013 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
What did Mikoto say to Munakata in the end ?
Nov 29, 2013 12:53 PM

Sep 2010
marian11 said:
What did Mikoto say to Munakata in the end ?

If I remember correctly those final words were for Anna

"Sorry I won't be able to show that pretty red anymore"
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 10, 2013 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
The thing that made me laugh most this series was that each character had their own soundtrack. You could always tell who was important in the scene by whose music was playing.

It was a good series. I enjoyed it a lot. I personally, do not think that Shiro died. However, we will have to see. I hope the movie is good.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jan 5, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2010
They should have explained how you attain the kings power and how Mikoto was over using his powers when the others did not. Or i misunderstood and you have to pass your powers to the next successor after a while.

Should have gotten more episodes to make things more clear.
Feb 14, 2014 9:24 PM

Jul 2008
This wasn't near as bad as I have heard a lot of people say.

It had its problems (I think the series should have explained a lot of things more, like how Kings are chosen, how they get their powers, what leads your Weismann levels to go to high, etc), but it was pretty entertaining and I am glad there is some form of sequel in the works. This wasn't the best ending, it seemed really abrupt.

Also how does Kurou have powers independent of kings? And it is kind of strange that Neko is the only strain we saw in the series. It kind of makes her out to be more of a plot device than a character.

OST was amazing though.
Feb 18, 2014 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
Amazing how they managed to create something so bland out of easy ingredients. At least the second half was watchable.
Feb 23, 2014 5:19 AM
Jan 2014
This anime was somewhat enjoyable to me, well I didn't expect a 13-episode original anime to have a good story anyway. I watched this because the PV has some cool scenes, that and I have a boner for swords lol.
Mar 11, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
I think that was what this anime was, less about the plot and more about the relationships between the different characters, which is good because the plot was kind of a mess. Besides that, I absolutely love the soundtrack. I will keep an eye out on the upcoming movie.
Mar 17, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2010
Let's just say they intended to make it more about the characters than the plot. There was a lot of foreshadowing going on. I looked forward to watching each episode.
Apr 15, 2014 8:51 AM

Mar 2008
Aydin said:
either the sub was not translated properly because I didn't understand the tension between the blue king and red king??

what was their fight about?
It seems that they were old friends.

Aydin said:
The red king also says "thanks for brining him here." he's *supposedly* talking to the colourless king?
I believe he's thanking Shiro for bringing the colourless king so that Red could get revenge.

Aydin said:
when red king's " Sword of Damocles" chasing him down why did the blue king decided to kill him before the ' Sword of Damocles' kills the owner (the red king)??
Presumably, Red's power was decaying, and letting it 'die' a 'natural' end would result in some kind of catastrophe like the events vaguely hinted at throughout the show.

Aydin said:
what was the purpose of first king during the final battle? he didn't prevent anything..
"Hurry... Only a king can kill another king" was that the words of first king or colourless ?

My memory of the event is hazy, but without the Silver King, Colourless would have been able to escape/complete his plot of stealing the ther King's powers while they were distracted in their duel.
Those would be Shiro's words. Presumably, as he says, only Kings have the power to kill another king. Shiro says those words to prompt them to finish the Colourless king, who he's trapping inside his own body.
Apr 29, 2014 10:38 PM

Jan 2014
Suzie said:
I agree with what some have already said, it was a bit anti-climatic for a last episode, but I feel like the climax was more at episode 11-12 perhaps. Which I think is ok. No big stress except wondering if Munakata, Mikoto and Shiro are gonna be ok.. I really like Munakata so I was hoping a least he would be ok, which was the case!

I was surprisingly sad when Mikoto died as I didn't particularly liked him, but it was well-rendered without being over the top imo.

I really liked the series, even though it had many flaws, because I liked its mood, the music and most of its characters. 8 or 9/10 for me. I'm also giving it bonus points for having the guts to kill some main characters!

My thoughts exactly.
May 24, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2011
I see people mentioned Mikoto, but no one cares about Yashiro? -.- That was pretty sad with both Mikoto and Yashiro's dead I wonder about Yashiro since he is the Immortal King. I feel bad for the Blue King Munakata, Neko, and also HOMRA, that "No Blood, No Bone, No Ash" part was just sad.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 1, 2014 11:04 PM

Nov 2012
i am suprised that most of the reviews give this series a 6

all hail shiro !
Jun 4, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
CG said:
NOOOOO! Why did they have to do that to Mikoto?! Shit, I don't care about the sequel now that he's dead.

T_T
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Jun 20, 2014 11:55 PM
Jun 2014
If there is a 2. Season what is it called
Sorry I'm not from uk or usa I'm from dk thats why I'm so bad at english↓↓
But is there a second season - K project season 2 episode 1????
Jul 18, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
It was a good show. Interesting story with lots of characters. The only thing I didn't like was how gay Shiro sounded. 7/10
Jul 22, 2014 10:59 AM
Jul 2014
How the f*** did the IMMORTAL king die? And why did the Blue king survive something, that the IMMORTAL silver king didn't?

And the umbrella survived the explosion too..... WAT?
Jul 22, 2014 4:29 PM
May 2014
_RuRo_ said:
How the f*** did the IMMORTAL king die? And why did the Blue king survive something, that the IMMORTAL silver king didn't?

And the umbrella survived the explosion too..... WAT?

He didn't die.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121230000530AAqbU5i
Read a bit there.

10/10 from me. Loved it. Looking forward to hearing from the 2nd season.
Jul 22, 2014 4:38 PM
May 2014
Ah sorry. I just noticed they made a movie as a continoue. xD Just in this July.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16904/K:_Missing_Kings
Jul 23, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
In the end it wasn't that bad.
7/10
Insane soundtrack!
rsc-plJul 24, 2014 2:27 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 30, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2014
A really emotional last episode ;_;

I don't know what to say about this series ... it was great and I enjoyed it very much but I still feel a little disappointed. I was very messy but it got me very attached to it so ... 9/10 from me xP
I hope that Missing Kings will make everything clear.
Hibiki07Oct 9, 2014 5:41 AM
Oct 9, 2014 9:12 AM
May 2014
Oh well, why did they do this.

9/10
Oct 31, 2014 3:09 AM
May 2014
Primdoos said:
Well I cried fucking hard kjfdlkgjdkfjgdklgj.. So many feels.
But I'm a little confused. Did Shiro die or not? :( And I loved the ending song.

In my opinion, i think he did.

I can say this because shiro said he was 'immortal' to humans and can only be killed by other kings so his immorrality is canceled.

However, in the sequel/movie shiro appears so in the trailer so im not sure whether he is truely dead or not.

I think i contradicted myself lol
Nov 29, 2014 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
I loved this anime.... the ending was so damned sad but hell.... I friggin' loved this anime!!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 5, 2014 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Can anyone tell me if they ever mention Yashiro Isana "original" soul, before he was possessed by the Colorless King?
Dec 12, 2014 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
Quite the strange anime. The king died but his dog and cat stayed alive...
And they chose to kill off the red king while the blue one was still alive. Also a lot of backstories are explained throughout random novels and mangas... if the ending was different and more information was given on the characters I'd enjoy this more.

I still think this is a really memorable anime. I don't know, maybe it's because Angela made the OP song... or because I enjoy these anime with an urban atmosphere and large cast of characters, but I'm actually excited for the sequel.

If I would sum it up I'd say this is a decent anime that leaves a pretty good taste in one's mouth.
HandsomeManDec 14, 2014 7:00 PM
Dec 23, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
A lot of untied ends, but I guess that's why there's a season 2 :D

Not the best, but definitely not the worse.
Another shoutout to the remarkable graphics.
Long live the Red King.

7/10
Dec 27, 2014 4:04 PM
Dec 2014
oh let's make the main charachter boring and the kind of peaceful slow minded then we kill the most appreciated charachter
am I the only one who was seriously annoyed with Shiro he's just too slow and he could have saved Mikoto
isn't he supposed to be wise ? he created those powers ffs !
Jan 13, 2015 5:12 PM

Jul 2014
That was pretty good. Also, I don't mention this much but the art was beautiful too.

9/10 can't wait till the movie gets subbed.
Jan 16, 2015 2:39 AM

Aug 2014
I feel so much time was wasted on the first 4 episodes that could have been used to better develop the story instead of the slice of life comedy that we had with Kuro, Shiro and Neko doing school activities. Beautiful art. Anti climatic ending.
Jan 26, 2015 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
about the silver king

*cough* movie *cough*
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 8, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
A lovely red ^-^
A lovely anime :)
A lovely ending.
Mar 18, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
Good ending. 8/10

Glad to know there's a movie out and a sequel coming.
Apr 27, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2015
this episode may have been the best in the entire season.
i always loved the mysterious relationship of the red and blue king. i actually expected and liked the fact that he died (regardless of me tearing up) though however i still can't believe shiro /may/ have died [although i believe he didnt] because after all, he's immortal. i actually loved the entire episode, regardless of how i still hate the developments because again, this anime was so rushed. it couldve been so much better and much more memorable if it was taken good care of. as others said, it was too ambitious. i still loved the episode though. E13: 8.5/10

K Project: 7/10

in one sentence: K Project was a poorly executed anime that started out strong and had huge potential, but it is also an example of how lovely your art can look like before you actually try to color it (traditional art with crayons, or something)

i think it was almost every episode i felt like it lacked. there was only little time left [only 13 eps] yet an episode gave so little development on stuff. the colorless king couldve been given more depth, and also with the relationship of the blues and reds.

it was eyecandy with a so-so story that wasn't executed well---but again, i still enjoyed it. maybe not all through out, but i am definitely looking forward to the next season. more kings and more good developments, please.
May 6, 2015 5:06 AM

May 2014
i m crying now... mikoto.... but again, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL DID MIKOTO SAY FROM AROUND 18:40 to 18:45? i mean when he was leaning over muna's shoulders.. Am i the only one who didnt hear anything? or is it hidden from us to be revealed later? if that were his penultimate words ( ultimate being an apology to Anna ) , I SO DAMN WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE! .
May 11, 2015 10:38 PM
May 2015
Time out no ones going to address. The giant plot holes or am I the only one comepletly dazed by this anime first of all isn't the silver king emortal so why didn't he and the coolerless just heal and don't give me that "only a king can kill another king" bull cause if that was the case the silver kings soul wouldn't have gone into the coolerless kings previous body and why didn't the red kings sword kill every body
So apperintly if a king kills another king the king that was killed sword dissapiers but the killers just falls out of the sky but if that was the case when the blue king killed the red king to keep the sword from falling or putting him out of his misery or what ever shouldn't the blue kings sword had also fallen and what the hell is with the part when a piece of the red kings aura or whatever came out if the blue king wtf was that were they brothers or lovers or some shit mabye the blue king used to be one of the red kings men but how the hell did he become a king in the first place do kings die and then pass there power to one of there subordinates or something
And what the hell was the silver king talking about when he said "he hoped his research could help everyone" what freaking research. did he make the kings if so how many kings have there been and why can he die didn't he say he was emortal omg so many plot holes

If there isn't a prequel I will cry

Don't get me wrong its a great anime but dang
May 13, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2014
eshwar007 said:
i m crying now... mikoto.... but again, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL DID MIKOTO SAY FROM AROUND 18:40 to 18:45? i mean when he was leaning over muna's shoulders.. Am i the only one who didnt hear anything? or is it hidden from us to be revealed later? if that were his penultimate words ( ultimate being an apology to Anna ) , I SO DAMN WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE! .

What he said was apology to Anna. They just put the sound later, to make it more dramatic.

whitemask said:
first of all isn't the silver king emortal so why didn't he and the coolerless just heal

The colourless king can't "just heal". He's not immortal. He got killed by the Red king. As for the Silver King, who's immortal, watch K: Missing Kings, because

whitemask said:
only a king can kill another king" bull cause if that was the case the silver kings soul wouldn't have gone into the coolerless kings previous body

The silver king's body was possesed by the colourless king, he wasn't killed by him.

whitemask said:
So apperintly if a king kills another king the king that was killed sword dissapiers but the killers just falls out of the sky but if that was the case when the blue king killed the red king to keep the sword from falling or putting him out of his misery or what ever shouldn't the blue kings sword had also fallen

No. The sword falls if a king uses too much powers and is in shit mental state for a longer time (you can see the red king's sword was crumbling druing the whole anime). Killing the king apparently needs a lot of power, but not enough to bring the blue king's Sword down, because it was in perfect shape before that.

whitemask said:
what the hell is with the part when a piece of the red kings aura or whatever came out if the blue king wtf was that were they brothers or lovers or some shit mabye the blue king used to be one of the red kings men

That wasn't the Blue King, that was Fushimi - one of the Blue King's clansmen, who used to be a Red King's clansmen, ans so he still had the connection to red aura, that's why.

whitemask said:
how the hell did he become a king in the first place

Read the prequels: Novels and manga. This series consist of many types of work, not only anime.

whitemask said:
do kings die and then pass there power to one of there subordinates or something

Watch K: Missing Kings.

whitemask said:
And what the hell was the silver king talking about when he said "he hoped his research could help everyone"

That was shown in the anime. Apparently you didn't watch it properly if you managed to miss that bit.

whitemask said:
how many kings have there been

7. It was said multiple times in the anime.

whitemask said:
why can he die didn't he say he was emortal

No one stated in anime for sure that he died. Watch K: Missing Kings for explanation, It is a movie, which is the sequel to this anime.

omg so many plot holes

OMG, watch the anime properly without skipping half of it (I still can't understand how you missed the parts with Weismann's research). Then watch the sequels and read the prequels qhich are all already there to explain things. OMG, I don't actually think this series has even a single bigger plothole.

whitemask said:
If there isn't a prequel I will cry

There are prequels already. You can read them if you want.
May 15, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
woaah didn't expect Mikoto to die~ :O
May 17, 2015 11:44 PM
Jun 2013
So the colorless and red king is dead. Im actually surprised they axed the red king. Im guessing new ones will pop up in the next season and we can finally see how people are chosen. I still didint get an explanation of the point of the giant swords and they still didint explain that incident they kept bringing up. Also did kurou just turn into a dog? Anywho fun season and ill watch the second whenever its dubbed.
May 18, 2015 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
souledge94 said:
I still didint get an explanation of the point of the giant swords

Citing wikipedia "The sword of Damocles is frequently used (...) epitomizing the imminent and ever-present peril faced by those in positions of power."

So it's basically just the embodiment of the symbol that if you're powerful (like one of the Kings from anime) and use too much of this power (like Mikoto), you won't end up well (for example a giant sword will crush you. :P).

souledge94 said:
they still didint explain that incident they kept bringing up

Well, they explained it well enough. Basicall the previous Red King (the one before Mikoto) overused his power (like Mikoto did), so his sword came crushing down (like Mikoto's did), and when it reached the ground it made such a huge impact that it destroyed a vast amount of land, totally vanishing it, and killing lots of people in the process. Big boom.

souledge94 said:
Also did kurou just turn into a dog?

It's just another of Neko's illusions.

souledge94 said:
Anywho fun season and ill watch the second whenever its dubbed.

Well, teh sequel to this anime is actually a movie. Second season will be sequel to the movie and will be aired this fall, soit will probably be a longer while before it's dubbed.
AraneaeMay 18, 2015 5:08 PM
May 18, 2015 10:47 PM

Feb 2015
Worth the watch just for the good looks and soundtrack. The lax feeling of the first half suited the characters better than the second half. The characters were enough to keep me watching as I didn't care much for the story. Just an overall cool, likeable cast.
May 28, 2015 10:02 AM

May 2015
it was awesome. I liked it and now i want season 2 :3 and its movie "k-missing kings" is awesome too (y) ^_^
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Jun 9, 2015 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
Oop. I just finished this anime. Last few episodes really kept me going. I think it was a good idea to kill the red king in all honesty, they kept acting like he was dying the whole time so it's not like it was any bit "unexpected". It's probably just that we're so used to the unexpected happening that we didn't expect him to die lol.

Also, Red will probably live on. There are obviously incarnations of different kings, and both Red and Colorless (aka BLACK) will be no exception. You can see the Red's emblems forming the shape of the Sword anyways, so that's how I assume it's going to be remade (and then the new king has the re ordain all his subordinates or something of the sort)

Am I the only person who hated Neko as a character? While she was a lil' cool with her illusory powers, she was WAY too much of a fanservice character at the beginning, and it really turned me off to her character.

All in all, those last few episodes really did it for this show. I don't know what to give it, so I'll give it a 9. It was a competent show, and even though I nearly dropped it at one point, it managed to pull all the stops and turn me from slightly bored to extremely invested in the plot. So congratz to them.
removed-userJun 9, 2015 3:18 AM
Jul 30, 2015 2:50 PM

Feb 2008
So shit it took me three years to complete it.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2012

118 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » K Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2012

192 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:59 PM

Poll: » K Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2012

138 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 15, 2012

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:45 PM

Poll: » K Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 8, 2012

202 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.