Forum Settings
Forums

Nekomonogatari: Kuro To Be Aired on Dec 31

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 29, 2012 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
Joel61 said:
Appel_stroop said:
Joel61 said:
I'm more excited for Kizumonogatari, but anything in the series is guaranteed to be good. I haven't seen anything that can compare to Bake/Nisemonogatari, and every anime I've seen labeled as "similar" to these shows is usually barely worth watching. Does anyone else know of an anime that has as much fun dialogue as this series has?

Spice and Wolf has a lot of fun dialogue.
If you're looking for something more Shafty and with a lot of talking you could try out the Tatami Galaxy and Kuuchuu Buranko.
And maybe Katanagatari, the original creator is also NisiOisiN

Damn, looks like I've hit most of the good ones already. Spice and Wolf was amazing, Katanagatari was pretty good, and I'm currently watching Tatami Galaxy.
I guess I just will have to find more shows that are good in a different way.

Hidamari Sketch is kind of like Bakemonogatari crossed with K-On. It's also animated by Shaft and directed by Akiyuki Shinbo
Dec 29, 2012 1:41 AM

Jun 2011
are they going to air all the 4 OVAs?
Whenever You Go, how ever lonely you get, No Matter how hard it is. Don't forget, I'll be here Thinking of you. You are definitely not alone! -Nanami Takahashi-
Dec 29, 2012 2:19 AM

Dec 2012
I hope there is a toothbrush scene in this as well, only reason I actually considered watching Nisemonogatari
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 30, 2012 3:01 AM
Nov 2010
There's very little fictionwise that compares with this series of stories. It really stuns me every time I rewatch it. Frame by frame is essential, or you miss some of that important text.

I try to explain it as a little parable about why you need a shadow, but it's so much more. It's actually clever and original, and beautiful to watch animated. I really hope no-one tries to turn this into live action, CGI or not it won't work.

Anyway, I'm as excited about this, perhaps even more, than I was about the 2 Eden of the East movies.

I don't usually get this impatient, but as the first series finished a while back, I'm so excited! THe only one I want to see more is the Kizumonogatari, because that look so stunning and brutal, (from the flash shot in Bake), I think it really will stun the senses.
Dec 30, 2012 8:48 PM

Jun 2012
Damn i am so excited for this, little more exited for kizu, but still best thing this season ive seen so far.
Dec 30, 2012 8:52 PM
Dec 2012
Super excited as well!
Dec 30, 2012 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
As long as Karen and Black Hanekawa will appear on this series, I'm definitely going to watch this.

Dec 31, 2012 7:35 AM
Jan 2011
mugimugi said:
Without saying much, it was my favorite of the animated series so far.
Neko:Kuro was a great novel of course but one the 'weakest' in the light novel series.
They also showed a teaser thingy for Neko:Shiro at the end date 2013. Went by too fast, so I couldn't see if it was showing an actual release date.

There was shown, that Zenmonogatari will be released 2013, which season is undecided
Jan 7, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2010
where can i find the light novel of monogatari series in english? i tried baka-tsuki but too many unfinished translation.. even bakemonogatari still not done yet.. it drive me crazy.. i want to read them so badly.. T_T
Mar 28, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
kurosaki15 said:
where can i find the light novel of monogatari series in english? i tried baka-tsuki but too many unfinished translation.. even bakemonogatari still not done yet.. it drive me crazy.. i want to read them so badly.. T_T

you can't find because there is not many people translate it :(
you should know light novel of Monogatari series is really hard to translate. It has a lot of wordplay, references about old anime, manga. games... a lot more than in the anime adaption
Mar 29, 2013 2:58 AM

Sep 2012
pikeman1 said:
kurosaki15 said:

you can't find because there is not many people translate it :(
you should know light novel of Monogatari series is really hard to translate. It has a lot of wordplay, references about old anime, manga. games... a lot more than in the anime adaption

Even the anime loses a lot in translation, as much as subbers try to maintain it.

Learn Japanese is what I keep telling people! It takes years to learn it well enough to read novels but it is well worth it. I took the plunge 7 years ago, never looked back... read all my books in Japanese now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

18 by Jopping »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
Today, 7:17 AM

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Today

0 by Nioxys »»
Today, 6:07 AM

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
Today, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.