Forum Settings
Forums

Nekomonogatari: Kuro To Be Aired on Dec 31

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Dec 7, 2012 4:31 AM

According to the press conference streamed on Niconico Live, Nekomonogatari: Kuro was announced to be aired on TV and Niconico Live on December 31st. The total length of the program is two hours.

Nekomonogatari official website
Trailer on the official website

Source: Screenshot of the announcement
Modified by dtshyk, Dec 7, 2012 4:50 AM

Dec 7, 2012 4:32 AM

And I'm still at ep 5 of Bakemono :|

Dec 7, 2012 4:33 AM

Is it a Movie, TV Series...? I'm not sure myself.

Dec 7, 2012 4:35 AM

MY READY IS BODY.

Dec 7, 2012 4:38 AM

thanks for making my day.

Dec 7, 2012 4:52 AM

KhanhCPham said:
TV series. The movie is Kizumonogatari which is a prequel but was delayed.

Thanks friend.

Dec 7, 2012 5:02 AM

Awesome news!

Dec 7, 2012 5:03 AM

The anime is getting aired? I'm so confused

Dec 7, 2012 5:04 AM

Heck yeah!!!!!! Can't wait for all that juicy dialogue <3

Dec 7, 2012 5:06 AM

Was planning to read both Neko when White is edited but ...Oh well.Great news!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 7, 2012 5:21 AM

Where did this come suddenly come from? Nonetheless it's good news.

Dec 7, 2012 5:23 AM

Can't wait, pretty sure it will be amazing.

Dec 7, 2012 5:25 AM

jmal said:
Niyawa said:

It's like an OVA in that it's only 4 episodes (2 BD volumes), but it's getting a TV airing first for additional exposure.

So call it a "TV Special". Not part of the full Winter TV series lineup.
Only four episodes? I want more Hanekawa...

Dec 7, 2012 5:27 AM

KhanhCPham said:
Niyawa said:

TV series. The movie is Kizumonogatari which is a prequel but was delayed.

actually it's a bit of Both. This seems to be one off tv special (since it's 2 hrs long). There will also be another one Nekomonogatari: Shiro which the sequel to this.

but you're right about Kizumonogatari.

Dec 7, 2012 5:27 AM

Progeusz said:
jmal said:
Niyawa said:

It's like an OVA in that it's only 4 episodes (2 BD volumes), but it's getting a TV airing first for additional exposure.

I cant wait for the Senjougahara fans to storm here with the usual rage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 7, 2012 5:30 AM

December 31st + 2 hours = Preparation for new year perhaps?

Dec 7, 2012 5:30 AM
so their is more about Nisemonogatari then heh

Dec 7, 2012 5:32 AM

Awesome stuff!
Dies Irae! :)

Dec 7, 2012 5:50 AM

jmal said:
Progeusz said:

Yeah, the BDs got solicited. Two discs, two episodes each. One disc for Black, one for White.
Oh well, it's better than nothing. I just hope those episodes will be dedicated to her and they won't pull another hijack like in Tsukihi arc.
Thanks.

@ssjokg, they are raging pretty often, why is it so?

*reads up*
8 episodes - much better! They're still going to cut out significant amount of material, Bake anime was almost twice as long while they're the same LN-vol-wise...

Dec 7, 2012 5:50 AM

Give me more of those colorful visuals and thought out dialogue:p

Dec 7, 2012 5:59 AM

Okay People there is 2 versions of this, Kuro and Shiro. This is the first Half of it (as people have guess the first 4 ep). The next one should be out later the remaining 4 eps.

Dec 7, 2012 6:03 AM

Progeusz said:
jmal said:
Progeusz said:

Yeah, the BDs got solicited. Two discs, two episodes each. One disc for Black, one for White.
Oh well, it's better than nothing. I just hope those episodes will be dedicated to her and they won't pull another hijack like in Tsukihi arc.
Thanks.

@ssjokg, they are raging pretty often, why is it so?

I dont really get it either.Why does the show need her to be good?YEah she is good and all but why all the bitching?

Anyway..
3 things I dont "like" about Neko:
Tsukihi with long hair
Hanekawa with long hair
Silent Shinobu

1 thing I like about Neko:
Meme is back

Dec 7, 2012 6:05 AM

ooh! this is great news! looking forward to this!
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!

Dec 7, 2012 6:07 AM
Will probably only watch it after New Years.

Hope this doesn't also get delayed

Dec 7, 2012 6:36 AM

Progeusz said:
jmal said:
Niyawa said:

Less episodes means more budget per episode, each episode will probably be like a movie in terms of quality.
[center]

Dec 7, 2012 7:09 AM

komic said:
Okay People there is 2 versions of this, Kuro and Shiro. This is the first Half of it (as people have guess the first 4 ep). The next one should be out later the remaining 4 eps.

definitely not. Kuro and Shiro aren't related to each other
Kuro happend before Bake and after Kizu
Shiro happened after Nise and Kabukimonogatari, on the same time with Onimonogatari

Dec 7, 2012 7:12 AM

I don't care too much about quality in Shaft, it's not KyoAni. What's important is narration, style of art, witty script... 8 episodes of slideshow >>> 4 episodes of quality art.
Let's just hope they won't cut out anything important to the story.

Question to people who read LNs - is it possible to stuff Nekomonogatari Black in just 4 episodes?

Dec 7, 2012 7:21 AM

SO THE TV SERIES WILL BE THIS WINTER? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! THIS + KAMI NOMI NEWS FUCKING EPIC DAY!

Dec 7, 2012 7:24 AM

pikeman1 said:
komic said:

definitely not. Kuro and Shiro aren't related to each other
Kuro happend before Bake and after Kizu
Shiro happened after Nise and Kabukimonogatari, on the same time with Onimonogatari

Oh I see.Thats why the chapters in Shiro jump from 27 to 52.

Dec 7, 2012 7:32 AM

I rewatched Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari recently and could not take waiting for the Kizumonogatari film anymore so i finally caved in and read the novel for Kizumonogatari because i wanted to know more about the relationship between Araragi and Shinobu. Then i went and read the Nekomonogatari: Kuro and Nekomonogatari: Shiro, Kuro is good but Shiro is even better that really was a good novel but Kuro helped make Shiro as good as it was.

Reading both Kuro and Shiro really made me like Hanekawa alot more, before just watching Bake and Nise i did not dislike her but after Kuro and Shiro really made her better for me.

Now i am left with that horrible sadness of wanting to read all the others and waiting for translations which is why i tried to avoid reading the novels till now (i am still avoiding the spice and wolf novels till all are published in english though), though having Kuro animated so soon is a nice big plus just wish they would get Kisumonogatari film out already to many delays on it.

jmal said:
Progeusz said:
I don't care too much about quality in Shaft, it's not KyoAni. What's important is narration, style of art, witty script... 8 episodes of slideshow >>> 4 episodes of quality art.

Ehh, I can't agree. If you don't pair the amusing chatter with amusing visuals, it just doesn't feel right. I mean, do you really want TV-version Nadeko Snake Pt 2 again? Even Nisemonogatari kinda screwed up the last episode visually, in my opinion. It really takes me out of it because if an episode is just 24 minutes of talking (albeit fun talking!), it's nice to have something to occupy the eyes at the same time. Otherwise it might as well stay a novel.

Yes you are right the TV version of the last episode of Nisemonogatari was a little unfinished very obvious in the fight but i watched the blu ray for that this week and they did a nice job of doing it properly and putting all the scenes in at least.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Dec 7, 2012 7:43 AM

God can't they just animate them all at once? Sick and tired of waiting for each part

Dec 7, 2012 7:43 AM

I guess its time to see how much the Japanese really do hate Hanekawa compared to the other girls, if the polls are right. If the sales for this are a lot lower than any of the other series, I'd say those polls do have validity.

Dec 7, 2012 7:51 AM

RyanSaotome said:
I guess its time to see how much the Japanese really do hate Hanekawa compared to the other girls, if the polls are right. If the sales for this are a lot lower than any of the other series, I'd say those polls do have validity.

hate=/=dislike.

but the people who automatically think that "It has no gahara-san it sucks" are a bit retarded.And that comes from someone that likes Hitagi.

Dec 7, 2012 7:56 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:

Is it hate or just liking other girls better? I know Hitagi and Nadeko seem to be the most popular, but didn't know there was special animosity towards Tsubasa. True that she was my least favorite in Bake (though I liked her) but Nise really made me like her more. Though I have a terribly difficult time ranking the Monogatari girls, especially when you add in Shinobu, Tsukihi and Karen...

...Mayoi is still the best though.

Well hate is probably too strong of a word. Just I've always heard she is pretty much a non factor when it comes to the popularity rankings of the girls, since she has a pretty unpopular type of archetype and character design. And for a series dedicated to her, I can't see the fanbase getting as excited to go out and buy it vs an adaption thats about a more popular girl.

Dec 7, 2012 8:03 AM

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:

Is it hate or just liking other girls better? I know Hitagi and Nadeko seem to be the most popular, but didn't know there was special animosity towards Tsubasa. True that she was my least favorite in Bake (though I liked her) but Nise really made me like her more. Though I have a terribly difficult time ranking the Monogatari girls, especially when you add in Shinobu, Tsukihi and Karen...

...Mayoi is still the best though.

I would of thought they would like Hanekawa more after Kuro and Shiro it fleshes out her character a hell of alot and gives her good solid development by the end of Shiro, she is even the one narrating Shiro instead of Araragi so you get to be right inside her head. I like her alot more now, though Shinobu and Hitagi i like more but it does not mean i dont like Hanekawa and pretty much every character in the monogatari series alot NisioIsin just writes damn good characters so it is so hard to pick you just like them all.

Though i am very intrested in reading Otorimonogatari for Nadeko after accidently seeing a few spoilers about her.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Dec 7, 2012 8:03 AM

Niyawa said:

Sounds like a OVA movie to me
How to Watch Naruto Without Fille (Complete)r: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Find me on Final Fantasy XIV! IGN: Zaiga Heart (Aether Data Center - Siren Server)

Dec 7, 2012 8:05 AM

Good news.
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there.

Dec 7, 2012 8:10 AM

Yay >.<
I#ve been waiting :D

It's gonna air on new year :P
beep

Dec 7, 2012 8:17 AM

jmal said:
amare135 said:
God can't they just animate them all at once?

Humans occasionally need to sleep and eat.
Well obviously they'd animate it while they're on work smartass, you tried.

Dec 7, 2012 8:17 AM

have you guys notice that Hanekawa is the only character has her name in 3 intimate chapters (Tsubasa Cat, Family, Tiger)
even Koyomi has only 2 chapters

Dec 7, 2012 8:18 AM
wait, is it a movie?

Dec 7, 2012 8:23 AM

This microburst formula of episodes is certainly unique, but it might also be genius. ie let's air the arc that we complete. every few months will be a spectacle event. the show's popularity will carry it.

Dec 7, 2012 8:31 AM

HauntingShock said:
And I'm still at ep 5 of Bakemono :|

Same here man, same here.

The news of the airing date just might make me wanna watch the series and catch up before then. Probably. Mostly likely no.

Dec 7, 2012 8:34 AM

amare135 said:
jmal said:
amare135 said:
God can't they just animate them all at once?

Humans occasionally need to sleep and eat.
Well obviously they'd animate it while they're on work smartass, you tried.

No, really?

My point is that there is a huge amount of material left and it would be an enormous undertaking to release it all at once. And if they did try to hold everything off until they can do all the stories at once, considering all the other things Shaft is working oi as well, you wouldn't see it for a few years.

I'd rather they just release them as they go, with other stuff mixed in along the way.

xtremexx said:
wait, is it a movie?

Four episodes aired at once. Think of it like a made for TV movie, essentially.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

Dec 7, 2012 8:51 AM

jmal said:
Progeusz said:
Are we sure there are episodes? From the broadcast schedule it seems to be like a TV movie, perhaps divided into two parts so that it can fit into 2 BD volumes.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Dec 7, 2012 9:09 AM

symbv said:
Are we sure there are episodes? From the broadcast schedule it seems to be like a TV movie, perhaps divided into two parts so that it can fit into 2 BD volumes.

I added a correction later about it just being Black, but here's what the official solicits say:

http://www.nekomonogatarikuro-anime.com/pkg/index.html
http://www.nekomonogatarikuro-anime.com/pkg/02.html

収録話
「つばさファミリー 其ノ壹」
「つばさファミリー 其ノ貳」
「つばさファミリー 其ノ參」
「つばさファミリー 其ノ肆」

They're airing them all in one go so the distinction is pretty much cosmetic, but there are four parts in any case. I can see it getting split up for subsequent airings elsewhere in a more traditional episode format as well.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

Dec 7, 2012 9:12 AM

^ Now I wonder if they are going to broadcast OP and ED four times in one go (probably yes).

Interesting that while in terms of amount of text Nekomonogatari Kuro is almost the same as Nisemonogatari but while the latter has one whole cour, the former has only 4 episodes.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Dec 7, 2012 9:23 AM

symbv said:
^ Now I wonder if they are going to broadcast OP and ED four times in one go (probably yes).

Interesting that while in terms of amount of text Nekomonogatari Kuro is almost the same as Nisemonogatari but while the latter has one whole cour, the former has only 4 episodes.

Well like 80+ pages were given in the start of the book to Araragi's conversation with Tsukihi mostly and a little with Karen (Nisio even stated in the novel he gave nearly a quarter of the book to Araragi playing with his sisters lol) so it might be cut down or just flow faster, it will be probably be covered in 1 episode. Though 4 episodes might be a little tight i guess.
Modified by DragoonDeus, Dec 7, 2012 9:30 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Dec 7, 2012 9:41 AM

they relieve our boredom of waiting for Kizu by bringing us Nekomonogatari, SHAFT RULES

Dec 7, 2012 9:47 AM

well hell there's finally a release date.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »