Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 29, 2012 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
So that's why the "friends" fought against each other. Mashiro just cared about his sister's avenge. And he still haven't tell his friend that he's sister's boyfriend, though...

Wow, didn't even realize that the anime is in Tempest (not just phrasing the words from it).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 29, 2012 9:16 PM

Jun 2009
I can't wait till the next one it is going to be awesome
Nov 29, 2012 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
jose21 said:
Tyrel said:
jose21 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

That's just was I was thinking.

and I meant
Typo'd there. I wish it were too, I want to read it badly.
Nov 29, 2012 10:07 PM

May 2011
Shit got really intense this episode and it was great to see Yoshino abandon his passive side and take control of the whole situation. I can't wait to see what his theory is as well as Mahiro's reaction when he finally discovers the true identity of Aika's boyfriend. Lol just a simple revelation like that and this whole situation changes completely.

With what Aika was saying during those flashbacks, this seems too good to just be a coincident.
Nov 29, 2012 10:14 PM

Sep 2011
Theory seems easily reasonable.

Making a time machine by doing something to the tree, as he was pointing his gun at while saying "Everything will go as planned as before then." Also Samon seems to know what Yoshino thinking as well, might work out?

Great episode though! XD
Nov 29, 2012 10:38 PM

Jan 2012
Just my totally random thoughts:

Awesome ep, as always :)

Nov 29, 2012 11:11 PM

Feb 2012
GOD DAMN IT Now they're just stalling for the sake of a cliffhanger.

Also, MARTY GET TO THE DELOREAN
Nov 29, 2012 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Lame episode, what's with all the switching sides and cliched devices? And did they just drop Hamlet for The Tempest?
Nov 29, 2012 11:50 PM

Jan 2011
I do like how despite most of the episode consisting of nothing but talking, it was still thoroughly entertaining to watch. The art and music directing really keeps you hooked and then the rapid plot twists get you on the edge of your seat yet each twist feels foreshadowed and justified. Can't say that for a lot of anime I've seen in a while.

I'm actually getting pretty hyped for each episode; ZnT is one of the best plot-driven anime in the past few years. That might be due to the pretty sad state anime is in when it comes to story telling though, but that's another story.
Nov 30, 2012 12:15 AM

Jan 2009
the build up is great lol, i wanna see how Yoshino can make a logical saving of Hakaze next week
Nov 30, 2012 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
The whole ep happened in almost 1 location.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 30, 2012 1:44 AM

Aug 2012
I really wanted to hear the quote from 'The Tempest'. I wonder if we'll ever get to hear it.
And the episode - simply outstanding.
Nov 30, 2012 5:24 AM

May 2012
edwd2 said:
Lame episode, what's with all the switching sides and cliched devices?[...]

Indeed, lame show so far. A complete fail of a story/plot and bland characters.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N šŸ¤

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Nov 30, 2012 5:48 AM

May 2010
How good was this episode?

Ans:-As good as to raise my score from 8 to 9.
Nov 30, 2012 5:56 AM

Sep 2010
I believe Aika alrdy knew about all those events happening...

rlly mysterious now, let's see wat will happen
Nov 30, 2012 6:16 AM

Sep 2008
Timemachine coming up...

Aika is heavier than rest of the world combined, fatty
Nov 30, 2012 6:48 AM

Oct 2012
I loved this episode! Although not a lot happened here, I still liked it. This episode was building the foundation for the next one, so the next episode is gonna be amazing.
I didn't really like Mahiro in this episode. He seems superficial and self-centered, tossing aside Hakaze, and then switching sides without remorse.
Yoshino seems a lot more interesting to me. All of those flashbacks give us a little glimpse of his personality. But I can tell that he's more than meets the eye. He did not even think twice before attacking Mahiro. He has also proven to be quite manipulative, knowing Mahiro's weakness and taking advantage of it.
Well, I guess it is still too early, for the characters are gonna keep developing.
Can;t wait for more!
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!ā€
Nov 30, 2012 6:55 AM

Oct 2012
Mephz said:
Timemachine coming up...

LOL
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!ā€
Nov 30, 2012 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
Cliffhangers! Cliffhangers everywhere!

Damn them....
Nov 30, 2012 7:37 AM
May 2010
I haven't read the manga, so this is just a theory, but I'm predicting...

Interested to know how Aika knows about things before they happen, but time travel is a possibility now.
Nov 30, 2012 8:21 AM

Apr 2012
I agree with Hakaze. What the heck is so special about Aika that makes Mahiro want to destroy the world just so he can get his revenge? I also agree with Samon with his "who cares about some boyfriend?" comment.

Really like the plot for this, but the whole thing with Aika as the unknown factor is just stupid.
Nov 30, 2012 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
I agree, this episode is so awesome!! The best of all others.
Samon looks awkward when Mahiro and Yoshino where fighting, and the faces he made were funny.

Cant wait for the next episode.
Nov 30, 2012 10:01 AM

Mar 2011
Seems like everything's falling into place.

I think that...

lol just a guess though.
Nov 30, 2012 10:37 AM

Jul 2012
Lirina said:
Mahiro is great, not the least bit interested in the world's fate. xD

I know right lmao. For get negotiating with this dude.

Misiakk said:
First rather lame episode. Too much talking, switching sides than switching them back. The brightest moments of this episode was closeups on wet Hakaze ;D

Yeah Hakaze had some nice booty shots

Mephz said:
Timemachine coming up...

Lmao.
Amon-RawNov 30, 2012 10:40 AM
Nov 30, 2012 11:40 AM

Feb 2011
I didn't read the manga but I read on wiikpedia the plot.. Damn... I now what will happen..
Nov 30, 2012 11:42 AM

Jan 2011
Amazing episode, the plot change wasn't as lame as I thought it would be when it started. The story is great so far, and Bones' animation is also just really good.
crescensXG said:
edwd2 said:
Lame episode, what's with all the switching sides and cliched devices?[...]

Indeed, lame show so far. A complete fail of a story/plot and bland characters.

It depends on the way you think about it, of course revenge isn't a valid reason for destroying the entire world and magic with logic is kind of a retarded idea, but you do have to give credit to the author trying something new.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 30, 2012 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:

Ans:-As good as to raise my score from 8 to 9.
I am at the borderline of that, i just need a little extra kick to get that push.

also i have to note, yoshino is a awesome main character. I love it when they make a MC who can actually think as well as get physical without making them overpowered.
JizzyHitlerNov 30, 2012 12:30 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 30, 2012 2:04 PM

May 2009
Epic!
.... and I loved Yoshino's hat. XD

Nov 30, 2012 3:24 PM
May 2012
I still don't understand what's goin on in this episode.

What is Yoshino is goin to do next?!
Nov 30, 2012 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
I love how Samon became the tsukkomi on this episode.
He is caught in the middle!

I guess Yoshino's plan is somehow using that wooden doll to put on the skeleton and apply some magic to bring Hakaze back in time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 5:15 PM

May 2012
Can't wait for the next episode. This one had a massive cliffhanger at the end.
Nov 30, 2012 5:18 PM
Aug 2011
''Just with word ''boyfriend''...What is happening to the logic of this world?'' - lmao2.

This...

Best episode so far.. Was really good!!!
Nov 30, 2012 5:28 PM
Jan 2011
lmao i feel so bad for samon. he's destined to lose because a tree says so.

spear guy is pretty awesome. i know we all knew he was just going to sacrifice tanks, but seeing it is still pretty amazing.

mahiro is still a badass. finally, a non-generic male lead character. can't say so much for the other one. yoshino. he dons the white armor of the internet paladin, and attacks his own best friend just like that. mahiro, in his kindness, doesn't even retaliate. this punk yoshino even got the surprise attack on him, and still failed. and now he finally decides to tell who the bf is....which he should have done a whole long time ago. what a horrible friend.

anyway, going back to samon, it sucks that the story revolves around some kind of love triangle. i can't agree more with this guy! that's another problem i have with this show besides some unlikeable characters. overall the show is still pretty damn good though...so far.
Nov 30, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
And where is Okabe and Kurisu?
Nov 30, 2012 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
TheDrifter said:
this punk yoshino even got the surprise attack on him, and still failed.
Ummmm mahiro was the one who lost that one.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 30, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode~

Time machine... so in the end, they might be able to save Aika too? Since all four of them were happily shown in the ED theme with even the song title "happy ending" lol
Nov 30, 2012 10:59 PM

Oct 2007
HauntingShock said:
Good episode~

Time machine... so in the end, they might be able to save Aika too? Since all four of them were happily shown in the ED theme with even the song title "happy ending" lol
Well, Aika chose this path(The Tempest) for its happy ending too instead of Hamlet one.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 1, 2012 12:22 AM

Jun 2010
Hilarious episode! I don't even know if they are trying to be funny but I completely lol'd in their conversation. Who cares about some boyfriend? Lol!
Dec 1, 2012 2:06 AM

Jun 2011
I laughed more at what Hakaze said towards the end: "I can't believe it. The whole situation has turned on its head, just with the word 'boyfriend'. What is happening to the logic of this world?"
And of course, Samon had some amusing reactions xD

Anyway, it was a great episode and kept me at the edge of the seat. The Tempest Sonata of Beethoven made this episode a musical treat.
Dec 1, 2012 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Hmmmm, a great episode indeed!! Though Yoshino still hasn't revealed the secret yet, and I also expect his theory next week!!
Also, Samon quote and expression: " Who cares about some boyfriend." Poor him!
Signature
Dec 1, 2012 5:21 PM

Jun 2009
The story left me amazed and I can only describe it in one word: Dafuq?! The world going to hell and the war between humanity and magicians is not important. It is all about Aika and the relationship between Mahiro and Yoshino. The world lays in the hands of two boys and their dead crush. How do you even come up with that? I'm looking forward in how this is going to end and what Yoshino's theory is. I wonder if his theory is based on the events in The Tempest. The chances are high that that is the case imo.
Dec 1, 2012 8:19 PM

May 2012
Okay not to sound like a dick or anything, and I apologize if my comments offend some people, but can somebody please tell me what's so freakin great about Aika?! I mean my god the whole story practically revolves around her! You've got two guys who are absolutely devastated that she's not alive anymore, and from what I've seen she didn't really seem like all that great of a person in my opinion. She just seems like a regular girl to me, nothing really extraordinary to note of. She has no real definitive traits that make her special in my eyes such as charisma, intelligence, innocence, spirituality, etc. I admit she's pretty cute, as far as anime girls go, but Hakaze and the army chick in black look better than her in my opinion. She wasn't the nicest person in the world, but she wasn't necessarily a bitch either. I just can't understand why such a plain girl's death would make Mahiro wanna send the whole world to hell and make Yoshino waste his days away in sorrow. While she was alive she was practically trolling them at every turn,stringing them both along until they inevitably became the angst filled shells we see on a weekly basis. I don't know, I just don't see how Yoshino and Mahiro can feel such a deep attachment to this chick when their memories together weren't all that wonderful to even begin with. And the whole love triangle thing they have going on pisses me off too! Why can't they just be honest with one another instead of sneaking around behind each others' backs?! If they really care about one another as friends then it shouldn't matter who dates who! Just except each others' decisions and learn to move on! That's life! Hell, all of the lies and secrets are the reason Yoshino and Mahiro have so much tension between them regarding Aika! FUCK! Ugh, sorry about that everyone. I just really needed to get all of that off my chest!

Anyway, I thought the episode was great and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things pan out. An unexpected positive point of this episode for me was Samon! His "who cares about some boyfriend" remark was hilarious. It's like he was taking the words right out of my mouth! And his brief Hajime Saito moment got me so hype! XD And hopefully they can bring Hakaze back from the dead or the past or wherever she's at. Things are definitely heating up!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Dec 1, 2012 9:20 PM

Nov 2011
LOL Samon. Poor guy he was just being reasonable. He is surrounded by the likes of Mahiro, gotta feel sorry for him.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 1, 2012 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
Who gives a shit about this world? Aika and the name of her boyfriend are more important.

This anime is amazing.
Dec 2, 2012 9:50 AM

May 2010
Lame.
Dec 2, 2012 11:53 AM

Jun 2008
Hahaha! I couldn't stop laughing at poor Samon being driven crazy by their insanity.
Samon being driven crazy lines:
-"what the hell is going on?"
-"How did i end up in the middle of a fight between children?"
- "Boyfriend? Wait! Who cares about some boyfriend!? Why are you torn by this? Unbelievable!"
MonadDec 2, 2012 12:43 PM
Dec 2, 2012 12:39 PM
Nov 2012
So many people are underestimating Yoshino ho ho.
Dec 2, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
Uchihafan25 said:
Okay not to sound like a dick or anything, and I apologize if my comments offend some people, but can somebody please tell me what's so freakin great about Aika?! I mean my god the whole story practically revolves around her! You've got two guys who are absolutely devastated that she's not alive anymore, and from what I've seen she didn't really seem like all that great of a person in my opinion. She just seems like a regular girl to me, nothing really extraordinary to note of. She has no real definitive traits that make her special in my eyes such as charisma, intelligence, innocence, spirituality, etc. I admit she's pretty cute, as far as anime girls go, but Hakaze and the army chick in black look better than her in my opinion. She wasn't the nicest person in the world, but she wasn't necessarily a bitch either. I just can't understand why such a plain girl's death would make Mahiro wanna send the whole world to hell and make Yoshino waste his days away in sorrow. While she was alive she was practically trolling them at every turn,stringing them both along until they inevitably became the angst filled shells we see on a weekly basis. I don't know, I just don't see how Yoshino and Mahiro can feel such a deep attachment to this chick when their memories together weren't all that wonderful to even begin with. And the whole love triangle thing they have going on pisses me off too! Why can't they just be honest with one another instead of sneaking around behind each others' backs?! If they really care about one another as friends then it shouldn't matter who dates who! Just except each others' decisions and learn to move on! That's life! Hell, all of the lies and secrets are the reason Yoshino and Mahiro have so much tension between them regarding Aika! FUCK! Ugh, sorry about that everyone. I just really needed to get all of that off my chest!

Anyway, I thought the episode was great and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things pan out. An unexpected positive point of this episode for me was Samon! His "who cares about some boyfriend" remark was hilarious. It's like he was taking the words right out of my mouth! And his brief Hajime Saito moment got me so hype! XD And hopefully they can bring Hakaze back from the dead or the past or wherever she's at. Things are definitely heating up!

Well if Aika is a plain girl(i have my doubts considering all the things we've seen, why would a sorcerer wanna kill a plain girl, why did she pick that penguin thing as Hakaze did, why is she always so cryptic?) actually this makes things more awesome for. The fact the fate of the world is being held by a normal every day girl instead of some queen or super awesome female is quite a romantic notion.
Let's not forget that the whole world ended up being depended on stuff about her not because she did it but because of the actions of the boys.
Now i get your frustration because you didn't find her character very awesome but bare in mind that what you think of her is irrelevant. The important is what our two main guys feel. They love her that's all. They weren't kings or superheroes ether. They where two simple guys too. So what is wrong with two simple guys loving a girl close to them? What exactly should Aika have for you to accept her being able to charm two boys?
Haven't many of us fallen for a girl in our school or something? I'm quite certain that others wouldn't understand what we find so great about that simple girl yet for us at the time she was the most amazing creature walking the earth. Does a boy loving a girl has to be explained? I don't think Aika needs to be anything all that great at all. As Mashino said to her in a previews episode."Why does it have to be you? It doesn't make any sense."
Besides this anime likes to toy with the concept of things that make no logical sense and note the fact. What can make any less sense than love?
Dec 2, 2012 1:22 PM

Jan 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
THIS WAS A GREAT EPISODE. I think I'm going to start reading the manga again I kind of quit because I had too much work.

My theory:

All this bromance ;D

@Spirai: Yoshino and Mahiro are really, really good friends and care a lot about each other despite how they act. We already know how much Mahiro cares because of how he's pretty much always protecting Yoshino. Despite how much Yoshino betrays (episode... 3? 4? Not sure) Mahiro, he really cares about him a lot as well. In the first or second episode, he told Yamamoto that he "just can't leave Mahiro alone."

They both also mention that they would not have become the people that they have, without each other.

Their friendship is really nice.

You're bullshiting you watched the aika spoiler here on mal,you couldn't figure that sh*t out only this far don't flatter yourself
Dec 2, 2012 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
Can't wait for the next episode! Finally some real development :D
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.