Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 26, 2012 5:50 PM

Aug 2009
ShinoAsada said:

Anyone who actually paid any attention while reading the novels would understand that even Koujiro Rinko is better than Asuna.FFS Asuna was even overshadowed in the volume where she was the MC.Thank god that Konno Yuuki was there to make that volume enjoyable.And really sad.
Nov 26, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:

Anyone who actually paid any attention while reading the novels would understand that even Koujiro Rinko is better than Asuna.FFS Asuna was even overshadowed in the volume where she was the MC.Thank god that Konno Yuuki was there to make that volume enjoyable.And really sad.

ugh asunas a main character in one of the novels? That volume just sounds bad.
Nov 26, 2012 5:54 PM

Aug 2009
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:

As I said ,thank god that Konno Yuuki aka "Absolute Sword" was there as the 2nd MC.
Nov 26, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:

With Asuna in it, it was kind of stupid. The character, Konno Yuuki, was what made the volume actually good.
Nov 26, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2009
ShinoAsada said:
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:

With Asuna in it, it was kind of stupid. The character, Konno Yuuki, was what made the volume actually good.
If there is something that I dont like about Mother's Rosario,it's the fact that Shino has no role in it.Caliber aside, MR was the last arc before Underworld(where for obvious reasons she cantt have any role).Couldnt Reki just add her in MR?
Nov 26, 2012 6:10 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:

If there is something that I dont like about Mother's Rosario,it's the fact that Shino has no role in it.Caliber aside, MR was the last arc before Underworld(where for obvious reasons she cantt have any role).Couldnt Reki just add her in MR?

Come to think of it, they never actually said when Shino joined ALO. But I do think that it was highly possible that Shino could have made an appearance in Mother's Rosario. She could have been hanging out with the SAO group and Lyfa for a while now. Damn... Shino needs more appearances. She was actually one of the decent characters with good developments.
Nov 26, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
Boobs.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 26, 2012 6:12 PM

Apr 2012
I'd tap that.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 26, 2012 9:01 PM
Sep 2012
aozoai said:
BloodRequiem said:
I'd tap that.
Who wouldn't:D
Nov 26, 2012 9:11 PM

Aug 2012
OKAY NOW......... to put an end to this confusion - from what I remember from the anime, it had at some point when Kirito was with Silica on there walk to the hill place that revives pets, Kirito said that he found out that he was actually cousins with Suguha, who he said was his 'sister' but she didnt know that; however, in our Suguha flashback with their mother, she was talking to her and Suguha said that she knew that they were really cousins - soooo... what im getting at is that Kirito thinks she doesnt know when she really does .... maybe thats why she calls him brother and he says sister, so that they can keep up the act that the girl is clueless ..... *sigh* nuff said

anyways ... i like her boobies ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2012 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
aozoai said:
Thanks for the episode reference. I'll go re-watch it to see what's up. Still confused about where they stand on their knowledge of each other.

np, i have a pretty good memory, so i think i remembered right - but correct me if otherwise, i would like to know as well ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2012 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
I would have preferred her to be the one that gets tentacly assaulted. That's about the biggest compliment I can give her.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 27, 2012 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
ShinoAsada said:
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
ShinoAsada said:

Come to think of it, they never actually said when Shino joined ALO. But I do think that it was highly possible that Shino could have made an appearance in Mother's Rosario. She could have been hanging out with the SAO group and Lyfa for a while now. Damn... Shino needs more appearances. She was actually one of the decent characters with good developments.

She joined ALO sometime before Caliber,which is of course before MR,so why the hell didnt he put her in MR?Oh yeah,Asuna is the one in relatioship with Kirito so she is the one that has to be "cool".Too bad that Reki's plan backfired when he included Zekken.
Asianboy30354 said:
OKAY NOW......... to put an end to this confusion - from what I remember from the anime, it had at some point when Kirito was with Silica on there walk to the hill place that revives pets, Kirito said that he found out that he was actually cousins with Suguha, who he said was his 'sister' but she didnt know that; however, in our Suguha flashback with their mother, she was talking to her and Suguha said that she knew that they were really cousins - soooo... what im getting at is that Kirito thinks she doesnt know when she really does .... maybe thats why she calls him brother and he says sister, so that they can keep up the act that the girl is clueless ..... *sigh* nuff said

anyways ... i like her boobies ^_^

Suguha found out(to be exact,her mother told her) while Kazuto was trapped in SAO.She knows that he knows that they are cousins but he doenst know that she knows.And she keeps calling him oni-chan even after he found out so it doesnt really matter.
ssjokgNov 27, 2012 1:07 AM
Nov 27, 2012 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
gigglingidiot said:
Oh, and I have a question: If he isn't her genetic brother, why does she keep referencing him as her brother. It just sounds worse..?
Because that is how people address each other in Japan. It doesn't matter if they are not related; they have familial relations. You could call your friend's father "father"... Onii-chan only means "brother" in the strictest sense, but what it really means depending on the context could be "older male that I'm close with" or something...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 27, 2012 1:40 AM

Sep 2012
I would have preferred her if she wasn't a Love Interest. Romance takes way too much space in SAO for my liking.
Nov 27, 2012 1:49 AM

Jun 2008
SetsukoHara said:
I would have preferred her if she wasn't a Love Interest. Romance takes way too much space in SAO for my liking.

She was never a love interest. Never once Kirito actually found Sugu or even Lyfa attractive as a woman, due to Kirito's faitful love for Asuna.

Kirito has a sever case of "Unwanted Harem" and he's too lazy and kind to just say no to the girls.

In ALO it's actually the opposite, Kirito being the love interest of Lyfa/Sugu.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 27, 2012 1:55 AM

Aug 2009
kaimax said:
SetsukoHara said:

She was never a love interest. Never once Kirito actually found Sugu or even Lyfa attractive as a woman, due to Kirito's faitful love for Asuna.

Kirito has a sever case of "Unwanted Harem" and he's too lazy and kind to just say no to the girls.

In ALO it's actually the opposite, Kirito being the love interest of Lyfa/Sugu.

Eugeo and Klein never got the love they deserve.
Nov 27, 2012 2:08 AM
Sep 2011
Tavor said:
ssjokg said:

Cousins that growup believing to be brother and sister.And we knew this before the ALO arc.I dont know about the subs but the anime did leave out some Suguha development.

Anyway Suguha>Asuna and 3rd best girl in the series including the LN.

Alright then. Though, why does Suguha's profile page on MAL strictly say "sister"?

This is where my confusion is rooted in.

It's simple. Genetically they are cousins, but Kirito was adopted, so they became brother and sister in law. So both terms are correct.
Nov 27, 2012 2:14 AM

Aug 2009
Xaliuss said:
Tavor said:
ssjokg said:

Cousins that growup believing to be brother and sister.And we knew this before the ALO arc.I dont know about the subs but the anime did leave out some Suguha development.

Anyway Suguha>Asuna and 3rd best girl in the series including the LN.

Alright then. Though, why does Suguha's profile page on MAL strictly say "sister"?

This is where my confusion is rooted in.

It's simple. Genetically they are cousins, but Kirito was adopted, so they became brother and sister in law. So both terms are correct.

The thing is that her MAL profile is retarded, because them being cousins isnt even a spoiler.as I said before,I dont see any reason to NOT write this outside the spoiler tag.
Nov 27, 2012 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

Klein should get the screentime he deserved before that.
Nov 27, 2012 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

Klein should get the screentime he deserved before that.

True.

At least that Eugeo I mentioned has almost the same focus as Kirito has in the latest volumes.
ssjokgNov 27, 2012 10:06 AM
Nov 27, 2012 4:01 AM

Jun 2009
She's nicely drawn

But nothing else apart from that.
Nov 27, 2012 8:49 AM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:
Because that is how people address each other in Japan. It doesn't matter if they are not related; they have familial relations. You could call your friend's father "father"... Onii-chan only means "brother" in the strictest sense, but what it really means depending on the context could be "older male that I'm close with" or something...

You'd think that people would figure this out from watching anime, but no...

Also, I'd like to point out that Japanese people wouldn't address their cousins as "cousin." They're still "onii-chan" regardless of how close their relationship is.
Nov 27, 2012 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
gigglingidiot said:
Eh. I think the whole relationship is messed up. For one thing, she appeared out of nowhere. Not much character development - they're too busy zooming in on her breasts and narrating "..I have feelings for brother!" Nothing special. Same goes for a majority of the female characters in the series.

Oh, and I have a question: If he isn't her genetic brother, why does she keep referencing him as her brother. It just sounds worse..?

Yeah I agree, they suddenly change the main heroine of the show, to a confused imouoto that;s in love with her bro/cousin, who on top of that is a total tsundere, oh not to mention she plays the same game as her beloved bro without him knowing and also falls for the character he plays! wooho anything else? oh she has big boobs, so all in all, she's the biggest fan service character ever. she brings nothing, completely nothing to this show. oh and i dont care for her boobs im a fan of little ones, so her big ass bouncy things just piss me off. neither do i care for her lil sob story, god, i especially dont care for her lil sob story.
Nov 27, 2012 9:02 AM

Oct 2012
I like her, but not better than Asuna, she is a good part of the story for the 2nd arc.
Nov 27, 2012 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
moonbby said:
Yeah I agree, they suddenly change the main heroine of the show, to a confused imouoto that;s in love with her bro/cousin, who on top of that is a total tsundere, oh not to mention she plays the same game as her beloved bro without him knowing and also falls for the character he plays! wooho anything else? oh she has big boobs, so all in all, she's the biggest fan service character ever. she brings nothing, completely nothing to this show. oh and i dont care for her boobs im a fan of little ones, so her big ass bouncy things just piss me off. neither do i care for her lil sob story, god, i especially dont care for her lil sob story.

So you're saying that you prefer Assuna's ass-shots. I can accept that.
Nov 27, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2007
She's a dirty incestuous brat.
Nov 27, 2012 9:58 AM
May 2010
So happy to see hear instead of that shitty Asuna. I enjoy the anime since she is no longer the main character.

Suguha is so cute and she don't have that stupid tsundere behavior (like Kirino, Mikoto, Fumino...).
Nov 27, 2012 10:02 AM

Jun 2009
Lunar62 said:
So happy to see hear instead of that shitty Asuna. I enjoy the anime since she is no longer the main character.

Suguha is so cute and she don't have that stupid tsundere behavior (like Kirino, Mikoto, Fumino...).

I don't think you understand the meaning of Tsundere...
Nov 27, 2012 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
Lunar62 said:

Sugu isnt violent against Kazuto though.She hides her feelings yeah but she isnt hostile.
Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM

Oct 2011
Necro-sama said:
I love her because of her boobies.

I'd do terrible, terrible things to those boobies.

Same general sentiment as Necro and many others. Tittays~
Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Lunar62 said:

Sugu isnt violent against Kazuto though.She hides her feelings yeah but she isnt hostile.

ssjokg, he's talking about how Sugu is better because unlike Asuna, she's not a Tsundere

He's claiming that Asuna is a Tsundere. (There is nothing Tsun about Asuna)

So many newbies nowaday walking around using that term without knowing it's meaning.

EDIT: Or did you misinterpret what I said and accused me of calling both Asuna and Sugu Tsundere?
Nov 27, 2012 10:10 AM
May 2010
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Lunar62 said:

ssjokg, he's talking about how Sugu is better because unlike Asuna, she's not a Tsundere

So many newbies nowaday walking around using that term without knowing it's meaning.

1-I'm not a newbie...

2-Asuna IS a tsundere.
Nov 27, 2012 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
Lunar62 said:

1-I'm not a newbie...

2-Asuna IS a tsundere.

Go and read up on what Tsundere mean. I recommend TV trope...

Nov 27, 2012 10:13 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Lunar62 said:

EDIT: Or did you misinterpret what I said and accused me of calling both Asuna and Sugu Tsundere?
Asuna is a bit at the start of the main arc.Breast grab,the sex misunderstanding,something about cooking.

"Accused" is a bit much I think.I thought that you mixed Lyfa and her interactions with Kirito in Sugu's char and feelings for Kazuto.

EDIT:If I understood what tvtopes say then I guess Asuna is Type B.l
ssjokgNov 27, 2012 10:16 AM
Nov 27, 2012 10:15 AM
May 2010
AirStyles said:
Lunar62 said:

1-I'm not a newbie...

2-Asuna IS a tsundere.

Go and read up on what Tsundere mean. I recommend TV trope...

http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1191954676

Read here...
Nov 27, 2012 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
Asuna is a bit at the start of the main arc.Breast grab,the sex misunderstanding,something about cooking.

"Accused" is a bit much I think.I thought that you mixed Lyfa and her interactions with Kirito in Sugu's char and feelings for Kazuto.

Tsundere (traditional meaning)
A process of a character starting out cold toward another, and slowly warm up to him/her.

Tsundere (Current)
A person who like another, but often hide his/her embarrassment by treating the crush violently.

Asuna never goes embarrassed/blush and slap Kirito around to hide her own embarrassment.

GJ, I can't read that.

Translate word by word, or I'll show you lucky star episode 4 episode 10, where they explain how Tsundere is misused.
AirStylesNov 27, 2012 10:23 AM
Nov 27, 2012 10:19 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

A process of a character starting out cold toward another, and slowly warm up to him/her.

Tsundere (Current)
A person who like another, but often hide his/her embarrassment by treating the crush violently.

Asuna never goes embarrassed/blush and slap Kirito around to hide her own embarrassment.

Nov 27, 2012 10:20 AM
May 2010
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

Tsundere (Current)

GJ, I can't read that.

Translate word by word, or I'll show you lucky star episode 4, where they explain how Tsundere is misused.

So try to learn japanese. I don't have time to lose with you... è_è
Nov 27, 2012 10:21 AM

Oct 2011
AirStyles said:

Wait.... Yes she does.

And stop calling people newbies just because. It does nothing to build good relations.
Nov 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Mar 2012
Asuna is somewhat tsundere.

Then again, "tsundere" as a term has evolved to be a catch-all descriptor of any kind of embarassment related to romance, so anyone could viably be called "tsundere" unless they're completely forward.
Nov 27, 2012 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

Now that is ridiculous!

Now all girl who got cop a feel don't get to hit back cuz they'll be brand Tsundere now?
Now all girl who got "tricked" by the guy they like don't get to slap them for confusing them now?
(If it's deserved! It's fucking deserving and don't prove shit!)

By that definition, you can basically call half the girls in Amagami SS a tsundere! When in reality, none of them are!

So if a girl like a guy and hit them, it automatically brand them as Tsundere now?!
The guy can do anything! If the girl hit them out of embarrassment, even if they fucking deserve it, they'd still fall under the Tsundere category! Nice!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

All girls who are in love and did hit their crush might as well call Tsundere now! All of them!
This is so fucking common now! It's not an archtype anymore! It's common trait!

You wanna know a Modern Tsundere example! Look at Louis from ZnT!

Or you can watch this!
AirStylesNov 27, 2012 10:36 AM
Nov 27, 2012 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
AirStyles said:

Yeah, even if Asuna is a "tsundere" using the super-broad definition, that hardly says anything about her. She's definitely not Louise, and there's no point in trying to associate her with that kind of annoying baka baka character type by using the word "tsundere."

One could argue that Asuna is a classical tsundere though, but then again, warming up to someone is like the definition of romance.
Nov 27, 2012 10:36 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:

You were the one that suggested to read TV trope.Asuna fits the Type B Tsundere.
ataraxial said:

Yeah, even if Asuna is a "tsundere" using the super-broad definition, that hardly says anything about her. She's definitely not Louise, and there's no point in trying to associate her with that kind of annoying baka baka character type by using the word "tsundere."

One could argue that Asuna is a classical tsundere though, but then again, warming up to someone is like the definition of romance.

This.

I dont really care since for me it doesnt change much about her.
ssjokgNov 27, 2012 10:39 AM
Nov 27, 2012 10:39 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
You were the one that suggested to read TV trope.Asuna fits the Type B Tsundere.

TVTropes' page tries to approach the tsundere definition analytically (the tsun-type and the dere-type), but it ends up being misleading the way they describe it. The definition here is much better: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=386. Incidentally, it's the same as the one given in the Lucky Star clip.
Nov 27, 2012 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

Exactly! All girls who can slap are tsundere now!

All of them! There's no place for self-protection, aggressive reaction, pride shield or jealous rage!

If a girl hit a crush for any reasons at all, it's tsundere!

Oct 2011
Hey, let's all call each other names and get really upset over stupid shit.

Who knows, maybe we'll get laid.

Aug 2009
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

TVTropes' page tries to approach the tsundere definition analytically (the tsun-type and the dere-type), but it ends up being misleading the way they describe it. The definition here is much better: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=386. Incidentally, it's the same as the one given in the Lucky Star clip.

There it fits both types...
Maybe only type 2 in the anime.
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

Exactly! All girls who can slap are tsundere now!

All of them! There's no place for self-protection, aggressive reaction, pride shield or jealous rage!

If a crush likes, then hit. It's tsundere.

Sugu has a crush in kazuto but she didnt slap him when she woke up next to him.
Would Asuna hit him if they werent a couple?No doubt.
In both cases it wouldnt be Kazuto's fault.So yeah Asuna is a bit tsundere.
ssjokgNov 27, 2012 10:45 AM
Nov 27, 2012 10:45 AM

Mar 2012
DEMOLITION_D said:
Hey, let's all call each other names and get really upset over stupid shit.

Who knows, maybe we'll get laid.

That's the plan.
The problem isn't the stupid semantics issue of the word "tsundere."
What got lost was that the person who sparked all of this said that Asuna was like Kirino.

Asuna is not like Kirino.
Thus, in this instance, namecalling is justified.

Suguha has Kirino's voice though.
Nov 27, 2012 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

Sugu has a crush in kazuto but she didnt slap him when she woke up next to him.
Would Asuna hit him if they werent a couple?No doubt.
In both cases it wouldnt be Kazuto's fault.So yeah Asuna is a bit tsundere.

What do you based that on?

The only clue we ever got to how Asuna would react is in episode 5.

She woke up, almost pull her sword out, and said she treat him to a meal.

Now, ask yourself this, if it's another guy, but not Kirito(just have to be a guy she's slightly attracted to, if there's any other), would she react the same.
I'm leaning on yes!

It's pride + embarassment that's taking part.

Then again, who am I kidding.

Crush + violent = Tsundere
AirStylesNov 27, 2012 10:53 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Today, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Today, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
Today, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.