Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2012 4:28 AM

Sep 2012
Fresh from the press.... In a radio interview, Little Busters anime producer Kouhei Kawase revealed that Little Busters! will go beyond the current 26 episode season.

Responding to the host's question that many fans wonder how Little Busters can be covered at the current pace of animation, Kawase admitted that at the current pace the various stories in Little Busters can never be covered. But he said he would use the occasion to declare, for the first ever time in public, that they are going to cover the WHOLE Little Busters and he stressed that he is a fan of the VN and he loves every part of Little Busters. However he could not disclose more information now but he urged fans not to worry too much: they will understand if they keep following the anime -- at the very end they will find the answer they want. He also assured that they would cover the route of the girl you like - everyone will be covered which means 26 episodes will definitely not going to be all.

Source http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26560334

Fans in Japan now wonder what exactly this means. The most popular view is that this means the current covers just before Refrain. And there will be a 2nd season for Refrain ( 1 cour? 2 cour?). And then perhaps it will be a movie. Also from what he said, there should be high possibility that Saya's route will be animated.

symbvOct 31, 2012 4:49 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 31, 2012 4:45 AM

Jun 2011
Well that sounds good i will be cautiously optimistic and hope that does mean more episodes / another season. Might explain why the animation is not as great as some people had hoped since they may of spread the budget out more for more episodes or something.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 31, 2012 4:53 AM

Jan 2011
Now they can make the other routes with more than 3 eps.

That's some good news.

I wonder about that thing Michiru Shimada talked before about 100 eps needed.
Maybe we can dream for at least more than 50 eps?

Though I think 50 is enough.
Oct 31, 2012 5:24 AM

Sep 2011
Since I'm very sure they will adapt Sasami's, so it means Saya's also included? Dreams do come true. I can die in peace.

BRB preparing my death bed.

BTW, I wasn't sure about the source you posted because I checked those Japanese text on the description and used Google translator but it seems it wasn't about LB. Or I should really listen their moonspeak interview till the end?

Oct 31, 2012 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
Sa-chan_ said:

BTW, I wasn't sure about the source you posted because I checked those Japanese text on the description and used Google translator but it seems it wasn't about LB. Or I should really listen their moonspeak interview?

The description is just the name of the radio program (program website http://www.norainu-jiji.com/ ). The host invites people from anime/LN/game/manga industry to chat. It just happens in the last session he got Kawase to chat about Little Busters. Trust me, I know my Japanese :-)

If you want more proof, I can point you to a couple of anime websites in Japan, like this one:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/sokudokuex/archives/19338401.html
symbvOct 31, 2012 5:39 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 31, 2012 5:34 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Sa-chan_ said:

BTW, I wasn't sure about the source you posted because I checked those Japanese text on the description and used Google translator but it seems it wasn't about LB. Or I should really listen their moonspeak interview?

The description is just the name of the radio program (program website http://www.norainu-jiji.com/ ). The host invites people from anime/LN/game/manga industry to chat. It just happens the last session he got Kawase to chat about Little Busters. Trust me, I know my Japanese :-)

If you want more proof, I can point you to a couple of anime websites in Japan, like this one:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/sokudokuex/archives/19338401.html

Oh, so I can trust you since you know Japanese. Then the news is solid. :)

And I also checked this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=511559&show=0
TennoujiOct 31, 2012 5:38 AM

Oct 31, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
Here's another source from ANN:

Little Busters! producer Kohei Kawase revealed in a discussion on the 222nd episode of the Nora Inu Kyōdai no Gyōkai Jiji Hōdan (The Stray Dog Brothers' Current Business Chat) radio show that he is intending to cover the entirety of the original Little Busters! visual novel in the ongoing anime adaptation, even if 26 episodes (two quarters or cours) is not enough.

Kawase said, “Once you get to the 26th episode, you'll understand what I'm talking about. We'll leave the message you've been wishing for at the very end! Don't be doubtful, and don't create a fuss, just please relax and watch. Look forward to what happens! We'll make sure to do the route of that girl you love, I promise! When I say we'll do it all, I don't think 26 episodes will nearly be enough!”

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-10-31/little-busters-producer/anime-to-cover-everything-even-though-26-episodes-is-not-enough#vjLibpVGHgbAWIJC.01

Oct 31, 2012 1:24 PM
Dec 2007
^I'm tinking theat means "We'll do Saya's route as an OVA/Movie, don't worry".

Oct 31, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
I don't think it'll be a Movie or OVA since they're talking about episodes. But I don't mind a Movie about Saya but not OVA.

Oct 31, 2012 3:23 PM
Dec 2007
Sa-chan_ said:
I don't think it'll be a Movie or OVA since they're talking about episodes. But I don't mind a Movie about Saya but not OVA.
We're talking about the producer of series like Toaru and Shana here. It's not beyond him to separate it into a movie/OVA. They already made a movie for Shana and Toaru. Also, I think we've already concluded that Saya's story doesn't mesh with the others. We'll just have to wait though, it seems he won't announce it until season 1 ends.

Oct 31, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
Damn, that's great news.

I guess if they are doing a separate season for Refrain, a Higurashi-style reset rather than a Clannad super-route could work out fine.
Oct 31, 2012 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:
We're talking about the producer of series like Toaru and Shana here. It's not beyond him to separate it into a movie/OVA. They already made a movie for Shana and Toaru. Also, I think we've already concluded that Saya's story doesn't mesh with the others. We'll just have to wait though, it seems he won't announce it until season 1 ends.

True that. But still, it's all about "number of episodes" and "pleasing the fans" so I think making it as TV series would please the fans more than making it as a Movie or OVA.

Besides, since they're going to adapt Sasami's and Kanata's, they can make another series namely Ecstasy so they can put Saya's story there and I think that would be reasonable.

Well, that would be my selfish thoughts because I'm scared that Saya's story will be have the same fate as F/SN UBW Movie if it would turn out as a Movie.

Oct 31, 2012 4:00 PM

Jan 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Leon-Gun said:

True that. But still, it's all about "number of episodes" and "pleasing the fans" so I think making it as TV series would please the fans more than making it as a Movie or OVA.

Besides, since they're going to adapt Sasami's and Kanata's, they can make another series namely Ecstasy so they can put Saya's story there and I think that would be reasonable.

Well, that would be my selfish thoughts because I'm scared that Saya's story will be have the same fate as F/SN UBW Movie if it would turn out as a Movie.

Hum... about Kanata, is it possible to mix her route with Haruka's?

Though it seems they will not do that.
Oct 31, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
jasque said:

I don't think so? I couldn't understand her story but I'm sure her arc isn't included on this current series.

Oct 31, 2012 5:28 PM
Jul 2012
jasque said:
Sa-chan_ said:
Leon-Gun said:

Though it seems they will not do that.

I don't think they'll do that, their routes are pretty different, and set different tones and will mix as well as oil and water. Also Haruka route is based on first impression of Kanata having bad intentions while Kanata route is based on thinking she has good intentions.
Nov 1, 2012 10:13 PM

Jun 2012
If they really do cover Saya's route that will be a mindfuck for everyone. I am so confused, my friend is saying Anime News Network just said all the routes will be covered in these 26 episodes, and everyone here (who has a real Japanese video as a source) is saying it will cover EVERY route, PRESUMABLY the EX characters as well.

Either JC Staff will cover Saya's route and fuck everyone and everything, or my friend was right. I'm confused and tired right now...

They will need to have something to make Refrain last longer though. A five hour route for the VN (which can be cut down since you basically replay half of it) wouldn't make it past three episodes.

EDIT: This page makes more sense, and I think more clearly now. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=511559&show=0 Best thing that can happen is the main storyline finishes in 26 episodes, but then they cover the other routes in OVAs. Because if what some people are thinking is true, and they don't even finish the main storyline in the 26 episodes (despite Refrain being very short) that would be a new low for the entertainment industry worldwide.
Malus92Nov 1, 2012 10:19 PM
Nov 2, 2012 12:27 AM
Dec 2007
ANN can be very very VERY stupid.

Nov 2, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
If they really do cover Saya's route that will be a mindfuck for everyone. I am so confused, my friend is saying Anime News Network just said all the routes will be covered in these 26 episodes, and everyone here (who has a real Japanese video as a source) is saying it will cover EVERY route, PRESUMABLY the EX characters as well.

Saya's story won't be a mindfuck. You know the plot of LB so it won't give a mindfuck. Also, I believe we played the same VN so that won't give the non-VN players a mindfuck if JC Staff will do the adaptation right.

And your friend is wrong. Kawase Kohei didn't say all, including the EX, the paths will be included on this 2 cour series. He just said he promised that they will animate all, including the EX paths.

About your last line:

dtshyk from MAL News Team said:
We have promised to animate the entire scenario of the game.

dtshyk from MAL News Team said:
The arcs of your favorite characters will surely be animated.

ANN said:
We'll make sure to do the route of that girl you love, I promise! When I say we'll do it all

Yes. That concludes EX paths as well.

ClannadIsLove said:

Either JC Staff will cover Saya's route and fuck everyone and everything, or my friend was right. I'm confused and tired right now...

Sa-chan_ said:

Saya's story won't be a mindfuck. You know the plot of LB so it won't give a mindfuck. Also, I believe we played the same VN so that won't give the non-VN players a mindfuck if JC Staff will do the adaptation right.

ClannadIsLove said:
Because if what some people are thinking is true, and they don't even finish the main storyline in the 26 episodes (despite Refrain being very short) that would be a new low for the entertainment industry worldwide.

..... Wat?

TennoujiNov 2, 2012 3:22 AM

Nov 2, 2012 6:10 AM
Dec 2007
^He got confused by faulty news coverage from ANN and his friend's fear-mongering spiel. Don't take it out on him much.

Nov 2, 2012 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:
^He got confused by faulty news coverage from ANN and his friend's fear-mongering spiel. Don't take it out on him much.

Can't blame him about his friend's spiel but I don't get it about "faulty" news coverage from ANN since the news coverage from ANN and the news coverage here from MAL are somehow similar. Only ANN makes it more clear. So I don't think it's confusing because in the ANN is clear.
TennoujiNov 2, 2012 6:24 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.