Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 23, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
Finally now i've got it!So the bastard here is the church,they used a magic on her so she would be theirs forever and her friends would desperately protect her by deleting her memories because they were told to do so because she would die but no,there is no way a human will die only because her brain is full of memories.
And Touma discovered that with the help of Sensei,and he now destroyed the magic that church used on Index but now she enabled that automatic mode of protection,this is getting even better :D
Finally her friends will understand now that the church lied them! And that she can have a normal life xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 23, 2014 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
Actually the Anglican Church isnt that bad.More like gray territory.It was a way better solution than then alternative...wait season 3 or read the LNs.
Jul 22, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, Touma was annoying me when he was whining while the other two were trying to save her life. At least, he stopped crying like a little bitch.

So that mind eraser was some Church bullshit. Her friends are kind of stupid to never have figure it out :P
From the preview, it look like there's an older self in her body...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 13, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
Nice episode. Probably my fav so far.
Aug 26, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2014
That Index at the end was freaking scary AF. I got goosebumps. I am really enjoying this anime, it is fast paced and freaking awesome.
May 11, 2015 8:31 PM
May 2015
Anyone know the name to the soundtrack @10:26?
Jun 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Sep 2012
Something is getting down
Sep 16, 2015 6:06 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
These cliffhangers after each and every episode are making me more reluctant to watch the next one than anything else.
Dec 24, 2015 8:26 PM

Mar 2015
Touma is fingering her mouth, LOL.

I learned a lot in this episode especially brain lesson.
Jan 14, 2016 1:11 PM

Apr 2010
It was kinda hard watching Touma act so desperate. I suppose the inability to give up can both be a strength and a weakness. Though Touma did succeed in the end.
Feb 20, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2015
I feel bad for Index's friends.

Touma made a loli mad for "fingering" her...

Jul 29, 2016 6:15 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Touma is somewhat competent.
Dec 3, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2013
The first half took a bit too much time again, but I liked that Touma finally started questioning the information he has so far. And spooky Index is kinda neat.
Nov 9, 2017 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
That thing with the 15% brain capacity actually bothered me as well. If 15% = 1 year how could a normal human being live longer than 7 years? I give them credit for actually making something that illogical to use it later.
What bothers me even more though is that they act like Touma and Index are best buddies since kindergarden despite only knowing each other for a few days :<
Feb 22, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2017
I was getting annoyed up to half way through that Touma was still being so stubborn and just determined to go against Kanzaki. It took quite a while before he even spoke to her or the other guy (can't recall his name right now) about trying to find another option. In the second half though he was more concerned about trying to find a solution than just fighting them no matter what, even at the risk of Index's life

The end of this ep was the most interesting cliffhanger so far.
Jan 12, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2013
Why are they still staying at loli-sensei's place? It's risky since she's still a sensei :/

Also, he just happened to find a book on the shelf talking about memory loss LMAO XDDD anime logic. So convenient :P

Not sure why everyone's so upset about Index losing 1 year's worth of memories .-. Just make new ones and start over. I know for Kaori and Style, it would've worn them out by now, but Touma hasn't known her for very long at all, so why should a year's worth matter? He barely met her. There aren't even that many memories of him lol. As long as Index doesn't die, I'd be fine with the brainwashing

But now we know the church lied, so there's that.

It's obvious Touma was gonna try his right hand to resolve Index's condition :3

Kaori and Style are gonna be pissed xD It'll work out in the end tho, most likely
Jan 18, 2019 11:27 AM

Aug 2017
I don't understand why Touma cares about Index so much. There was little interaction between them besides the first episode.

In the other side, he thinks that science can save her but then realize that the Church lied to Index's friends. The perfect memorization is not dangerous.

It seems that the next episode will end this arc. I hope you don't disappoint me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2019 10:00 AM
Aug 2013
It's not explained here why Touma knew the seal was in her mouth.
Actually it took him sometime, he remembered that he made a contact with her before when he carried her so it must be in a hidden untouched place. he though in her bottom part, but then he figured out that if it's something related to memory it should be somewhere in or near head then he decided to check her mouth, opened it and saw the symbol.

Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Also, he just happened to find a book on the shelf talking about memory loss LMAO XDDD anime logic. So convenient :P

I'm not sure if this concerns you anymore, but it wasn't like this in the novel :D
He actually was trying to convince Kaori with science ability in their debate, so he picked this information from a power development with Neuroscience book which belongs to Komoe sensei.

__amaterasu__Feb 16, 2019 10:04 AM
Jun 19, 2019 10:41 AM
Jan 2018
Hope that touma teams up with them more kaneki is great
Aug 31, 2019 3:43 AM

Nov 2013
The drama might seem a bit forced, but he actually spent a week living with Index before the day her memory was to get erased, the anime did not handle this stretch of time that well.
Feb 29, 2020 5:54 AM

Aug 2018
How these mages are dealing with things is very questionable.. Like if it's such important matter to rewrite her memory, why they won't talk with Touma before and properly, not on some phone, so that he wouldn't get in the way, if that's a problem?.. Like what you're hoping to accomplish by this phone call at all?.. Mages seem to be acting reckless a lot of time.. Don't know really, why..
Well, I mean.. Amnesia sucks balls massively and stuff.. But if there is no other choice, why just not try science things during the next year with proper time, and just start relationship anew?.. Still I have suspicions on mages, why they are enemies to Index, it doesn't make much sense..
So the church was the baddies all along, hm?.. Well, I can take this.. Still mages were suspicious.. And why church would really need Index' memories erased anyway?.. It seems all too confusing..
Well, I only care in the end I guess that Index will be alright.. These plot things bring more questions than answers really..
May 26, 2020 3:47 PM

Nov 2018
Love the tension after so much talking.I'm interested again.
Writing seems inconsistent, but I'm glad Touma is not just another Emiya Shirou.
Judging by my own feelings and comments above, direction is actually the big problem.
ZevvenMay 26, 2020 3:52 PM
I hate everyone equally
Jul 1, 2020 1:27 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Omg she looks brutal what happened there D:

Jul 7, 2020 11:09 AM
Oct 2019
I'm glad the whole photographic memory leading to one's death thing was addressed.

Very interesting episode. I think it took a step up compared to the first 4. Getting more into the nitty gritty, I hope.
Jun 23, 2021 10:20 PM

Apr 2020
Finally, a good episode. Also informative

I like how intimidating the loli was at the end
Jul 18, 2021 9:53 PM

Mar 2016
So Touma is able to tell when his Imagine Breaker has hit some supernatural power - not sure whether he actually picked up on the trace of the rune inside Index's mouth or whether that was more of a visual cue for the viewer.

An English Church that's corrupt and up to some dodgy politcs though. Who would've guessed? :P
Apr 23, 2022 5:30 AM
Oct 2019
of course the Churches in Anime are always scheming... lol

really enjoying the storytelling so far.

Oct 12, 2022 7:00 AM

Dec 2020
Plot twist. It's always the church lol but I was like that photographic memory thing killing her doesn't make sense. Though if magic is involved they can say anything they want and it will make sense lol kinda spooky the way she just got up tho lol
Oct 20, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2018
Got put on cliffhanger cause my friend is a b**** and wants me to play video games sadge life. only episode with a cliff hanger so far.. How..
Nov 3, 2023 3:11 PM
May 2020
looking like the real antagonists is the church
Nov 20, 2023 2:47 PM

Nov 2023
Index is a really cute and loveable person.
5 hours ago
Jan 2023
Well this was interesting, seems Index has been rigged to cause her to self destruct after a year without having her memories erased. Interesting how he knew where to look though, guess it does make sense considering the biting.

Seems like quite the interesting fight ahead.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

204 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 4, 2008

230 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.