Forum Settings
Forums

Director Motohiro Katsuyuki Omits Moe From Psycho-Pass Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 26, 2013 5:05 PM

Jan 2013

I cant even imagine what kind of anime K-On would be if they swapped the characters with the psycho-pass-cast :o
Mar 27, 2013 1:02 AM

Oct 2007
Would watch.
Dat Gino.
Mar 28, 2013 11:19 PM
Nov 2012
Zalis said:
Doomroar said:
i respect and admire this but the thing has some moe parts on it, that despicable thing that plagues anime today somehow managed to crawl and infiltrate this production!
nevertheless it was to a too little magnitude and is almost an insignificant stamp.
Yes, because being cute, appealing, or inspiring protective instincts is always wrong, no matter the context.

And as this series continues to avoid/omit moe, I continue to avoid watching it. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem watching anime without moe. But when a show and its senior staff go out of their way to explicitly decry moe, they're essentially trolling me and other moe fans, and I'm not about to reward that.

No, the reason they "went out of their way" to avoid putting moe is this show is because it just would not work with a lot of the themes and scenes present in this show, many of which are quite brutal. They didn't go out of their way because they thought people wouldn't like it or because they don't like it, they just declined having an unnecessary addition to the show that would have counteracted the original themes and storyline of the show. There's no need to actually get offended without having actually seen the show, I mean that's a ridiculous reason not to watch something.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 15 minutes ago

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.