Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2012 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

A bit of a slow episode in the beginning with a lot of talk. Also, a lot of ugly toad like monsters but you know, Kirito slices them up like butter. Also dat soul reaper/shinigami like being but Yui shows that she's a badass here so no problem.

Also, Yui says she's some sort of a program? Uh...weird. But ya,

Stark700Sep 22, 2012 2:01 PM
Sep 22, 2012 8:33 AM

Feb 2009
7 seconds after ED plays

Yuriel looks like Riesbyfe from Melty Blood. Sinker looks bland as hell. Can't believe they'll end up together, seeing as they're holding hands when K&A left.
Dem frog legs.
And Yui being badass, burning that shinigami boss like nothing.
Nice touch on showing the first death of the game by suicide. Too bad they didn't animate the side story about the second death.
My heart though when she remembered everything and disappeared. Yui ;_;
Kirito makes a good save though. Nice.
Next episode is the predicted title then. This side story is just the calm before the storm. Should be good.

inb4 .hack ripoff
inb4 wtf Kirito is a hacker
inb4 why didn't he just hack out of the game
inb4 more and more complaints
( ¬‿¬)
Sep 22, 2012 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
Next episode is the predicted title then. This side story is just the calm before the storm. Should be good.

"Calm before the storm" as in the the setup to the next arc that's coming soon? I'm noticing this now as we're half way into the series now.
Sep 22, 2012 9:21 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was very impressive of Yui. I was quite stunned as a deadly trap happened upon the rescue of Yuriel’s lover. However the fact that Yui did in the spoiler
amounting to the following,

Proves easily she is a AI. That is due to seeing that the object was Immortal and hence can never be killed as a normal monster can be. It is there to kill you till you are dead and you can’t kill it. I know these traps and many times I died in some games due to them. Only to save point and not go in there ever again. Yui was quite impressive in the spoiler
in terms of display. Showing out a Fire Aura and a Huge Fire Sword most likely that no player can wield from how big it is.

Asuna’s face and Kirito in the spoiler
were both quite shocked and well shown along with the engulfing of the Immortal Trap monster that burns off. The proof of Yui being a AI in the spoiler
was known by me quite easily. I knew it and now I have my confirmation. Which makes anyone having Yui God Mode like in the game as she can most likely control all aspects of SAO.

About Asuna’s breaking down, from the moment in the spoiler
started, I knew Asuna would break down. As it goes by she does indeed in the following,

That kind of O_O got me. Basically shocked and still am that such a attachment was done and such was felt. Asuna should have known better that Yui being not something like the others would not have disappeared but due to her feelings, it’s deliberately shown to the viewer that Asuna’s feelings are so strong that she can even be affected by something not human when it goes away. This IMO is not good. Asuna has a major flaw of attaching herself to things only to cause her emotional problems.

I hope she does get over it rather quickly and at least it does not linger her mind too much as it could derange her in her game performance, which could cause her death when doing Bosses. Despite all this I liked her pose in the spoiler
and no worries she is well taken care of when she asks to be in such a position.

In general it was quite impressive of Yui’s FIRE SWORD/FLARE attack that engulfed the Reaper. Might edit later.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is a very MOE/Happy family. Might I add it’s very heartwarming in its presentation.

Speculations for ALO in the spoiler
Yumekichi11Sep 22, 2012 10:02 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 22, 2012 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
belatkuro said:

"Calm before the storm" as in the the setup to the next arc that's coming soon? I'm noticing this now as we're half way into the series now.
No no you got it all wrong. There is a new patch that is coming up and SAO will be ALO from what I heard and I am sure loads of shits will change in the game and like we shall have a new game to explore but with such a short episode count I am not sure of how it could play out. This is all speculations.

Nope.While you could be right about ALO,shit will hit the fan before we reach ALO.And I guess not everything has been spoiled to you which is good.
Sep 22, 2012 9:44 AM
Mar 2010
@Yumekichi11

Unless the anime changed something, you got it backwards. Yuk was the one with te immortal object tag, not the monster.

LunaSep 22, 2012 12:03 PM
Sep 22, 2012 9:47 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
belatkuro said:

No no you got it all wrong. There is a new patch that is coming up and SAO will be ALO from what I heard and I am sure loads of shits will change in the game and like we shall have a new game to explore but with such a short episode count I am not sure of how it could play out. This is all speculations.

Nope.While you could be right about ALO,shit will hit the fan before we reach ALO.And I guess not everything has been spoiled to you which is good.
OK so I am wrong then. Damn! I though I was close to this one.

Still Yui can sure change loads of elements in the game if she wants to.
GrayArchon said:
@Yumekichi11

Unless the anime changed something, you got it backwards. Yuk was the one with te immortal object tag, not the monster.
Seems it might have from how it proceeded. I had to see again the visuals to see that it looked like Yui ID the monster being not killable.
Yumekichi11Sep 22, 2012 9:54 AM

Sep 22, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
belatkuro said:

Still Yui can sure change loads of elements in the game if she wants to. .

LoL arent you happy to be wrong?I know that sometimes people cant help their curiosity but dont you want to be, at least a little bit, surprised by the plot?

Still you arent entirely wrong either.
Sep 22, 2012 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
belatkuro said:

Still Yui can sure change loads of elements in the game if she wants to. .

LoL arent you happy to be wrong?I know that sometimes people cant help their curiosity but dont you want to be, at least a little bit, surprised by the plot?

Still you arent entirely wrong either.
No it's just that I was thinking Yui had something to do with it. However I see she has other plot elements to come.

Sep 22, 2012 11:05 AM

Feb 2008
That episode was pretty terrible. I would say it's easily the second worst episode in the series, right behind episode 3. Pacing was meh, the actual narrative was meh, the action was bad and it was hard to actually care about Yui's relationship with A&K.
Sep 22, 2012 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
I guess Asuna isn't too fond of frog legs...lol Too bad Yui had to disappear though.
Sep 22, 2012 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty interesting. But no Frogs legs cooking for you Kirito. LOL
Sep 22, 2012 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
GrayArchon said:
@Yumekichi11

Seems it might have from how it proceeded. I had to see again the visuals to see that it looked like Yui ID the monster being not killable.

Strange, I didn't pay much attention to this part in the novel but from what I can remember, weren't both of them immortal objects? The only reason she was able to defeat it was because she has admin/GM abilities or something. Probably remembered it wrong. Haven;t watched the episode yet.

/torrenting the episode right now.
Sep 22, 2012 12:21 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GrayArchon said:
@Yumekichi11

Strange, I didn't pay much attention to this part in the novel but from what I can remember, weren't both of them immortal objects? The only reason she was able to defeat it was because she has admin/GM abilities or something. Probably remembered it wrong. Haven;t watched the episode yet.

I'm fairly sure that the monster was just very high leveled; he shouldn't have had the immortal object tag.
Sep 22, 2012 12:28 PM
Sep 2012
lol, i was expecting kirito and asuna to go beast mode after they got beat down, but out of no where yui came out and i genuinely said "wtf" . that was an epic suprise.
btw how long did that sword have to be?
Sep 22, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
how can they use data saved in his nerve gear to create a physical person I don't get it
Sep 22, 2012 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
therandomestguy said:
how can they use data saved in his nerve gear to create a physical person I don't get it

They can't, you really didn't get it -q
Sep 22, 2012 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
KaiKatsuya said:
therandomestguy said:

They can't, you really didn't get it -q

lol please explain
Sep 22, 2012 12:34 PM

Nov 2007
This was by far the worst episode yet.

Boring. Trash. Sigh.

Pointless side story that was very predictable. Yeah I mean who didn't see Yui being some AI program coming? Really?

I really couldn't have cared less about Yui the boring loli program.

Not to mention why is Asuna straight up crying and so emotional about an AI PROGRAM they spent so little time with? People died right in front of them, and they didn't give that kind of reaction.

Hopefully the next episode goes back on track, because this episode was awful. I've enjoyed everything besides this arc.
Sep 22, 2012 12:44 PM

Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GrayArchon said:
@Yumekichi11

I'm fairly sure that the monster was just very high leveled; he shouldn't have had the immortal object tag.
That's what I though but was its energy bar even shown?

The Reaper looked like it was some ELITE lvl 100. It pawned badly Kirito and got Asuna into yellow. First impression was TBH a trap that kills you and you cannot kill it.

It would have added better to the scene if Asuna was red and Kirito yellow IMO.

Sep 22, 2012 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

But they're almost in the same level, I think it's better with both yellow.
Sep 22, 2012 12:53 PM

Dec 2010
KaiKatsuya said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well Kirito is 96 while Asuna is 94 so they are about the same; but that said i think few would argue that Kirito is indeed stronger than her; after all there is no way she can match him when he has Dual Blades; so him taking less damage wouldn't be all the surprising.
Sep 22, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
KaiKatsuya said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well Kirito is 96 while Asuna is 94 so they are about the same; but that said i think few would argue that Kirito is indeed stronger than her; after all there is no way she can match him when he has Dual Blades; so him taking less damage wouldn't be all the surprising.

But Dual blades is an offensive skill, no? I don't think it would matter that much in HP/Defense

Jun 2011
By the way, I've seen something during the level, I don't know did you notice but it was saying something in japanese, which is starting with "AW x SAO"

are they planning to animate the crossover? in which Kirito and Silver Crow fighting?
...You what?
Oct 2010
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GrayArchon said:
@Yumekichi11

i think it was just overpowered so no one could get to the GM access panel.

so is the beginning of the end next? didnt they go for some big fish as a side story before the end?
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 22, 2012 1:01 PM

May 2010
man i enjoyed her being deleted..all the tears and the pain of loosing someone..love it!
Sep 22, 2012 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
JouNoTori said:
By the way, I've seen something during the level, I don't know did you notice but it was saying something in japanese, which is starting with "AW x SAO"

are they planning to animate the crossover? in which Kirito and Silver Crow fighting?

I don't think so, probably the "offline meeting" that the official site was talking about, and I heard they're selling tickets to this offline meeting in the BD's of SAO.
Sep 22, 2012 1:06 PM

Dec 2010
KaiKatsuya said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
KaiKatsuya said:
Yumekichi11 said:

But Dual blades is an offensive skill, no? I don't think it would matter that much in HP/Defense

It does matter; think about it this way; doesn't someone have a better chance at not taking damage if they have more skill? In that fight against that Boss do you honestly think Asuna could have gone solo and owned it? No; because the more skill you have the less damage you take (well usually anyway)
Sep 22, 2012 1:07 PM

Feb 2011
I got chills when it said immortal object. These episodes feel super super short to me and are just getting shorter. It's probably just me.
Sep 22, 2012 1:07 PM

Dec 2010
KingCez said:
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
GrayArchon said:
@Yumekichi11

i think it was just overpowered so no one could get to the GM access panel.

so is the beginning of the end next? didnt they go for some big fish as a side story before the end?

I doubt they will show it; i hope they animate it as a special or something tho, because the end of that little story has a good explanation from Asuna on why she fell for Kirito; its important development.
Sep 22, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
Wonder what loot Fatal Scythe would have dropped normally ^^

I'm a bit of a sucker for emotional arcs so personally, I enjoyed this episode :)
Sep 22, 2012 1:08 PM

Nov 2011
They are crying over a program?

I really hope the next few episodes are going to better than episode 11 & 12.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 22, 2012 1:12 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:

Its the same reason Kirito didn't want them to kill AIs as part of that boss strategy a while back; if you can't understand the concept for that then you won't for this either. SAO is their reality; thats why is taboo to even speak of the real world because it would throw their focus off; so to people like Kirito (and Asuna after knowing him) things like that are important; this isn't the first anime to use the whole getting attached to a new world concept; it just does it a bit different since its a game is all.
Sep 22, 2012 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
I'm so glad that the little girl is gone... seeing them get so emotionally attached to her so quickly was honestly a little disturbing/weird/creepy.

Didn't like the episode because it was so melodramatic and the drama seemed rather forced in a poor attempt to jerk my tears.

I'm glad it's over with (I hope!)...
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
KaiKatsuya said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
KaiKatsuya said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It does matter; think about it this way; doesn't someone have a better chance at not taking damage if they have more skill? In that fight against that Boss do you honestly think Asuna could have gone solo and owned it? No; because the more skill you have the less damage you take (well usually anyway)

Hmm, you're right. Damn you, made me lose an argument *waves fist* -n

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Its the same reason Kirito didn't want them to kill AIs as part of that boss strategy a while back;

Imo, that part was also pretty stupid.

Sep 22, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Its the same reason Kirito didn't want them to kill AIs as part of that boss strategy a while back;

Well that's entirely your opinion and taste; but don't say it like it doesn't have a reason; its just not a reason you like.
Sep 22, 2012 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
Watched it. Again didn't really care much about Yui but Kirito's random comments were fun. "She's in her rebellious stage" made me lulz. The frog leg scene was fun as well.

Strange, I might forgetting something but can someone remind me...
Sep 22, 2012 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
What a great episode!

Can't wait till the next one!!! :)
Sep 22, 2012 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Well that's entirely your opinion and taste; but don't say it like it doesn't have a reason; its just not a reason you like.

Thats exactly what i'm saying, that it is stupid in my opinion. They are NPC"s afterall.

Characters doing stupid things like that bring down an anime.
They don't feel like real humans to me.

Sep 22, 2012 1:19 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
Watched it. Again didn't really care much about Yui but Kirito's random comments were fun. "She's in her rebellious stage" made me lulz. The frog leg scene was fun as well.

If i remember correctly

Sep 22, 2012 1:21 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Thats exactly what i'm saying, that it is stupid in my opinion. They are NPC"s afterall.

Characters doing stupid things like that bring down an anime.

So its unreasonable for characters to blend into a new form of reality? You make it seem like it happened right away; they have been stuck for two freaken years; i think its normal for their way of thinking to change. If anything them staying the same would be abnormal. Some people went crazy and started killing others; some went into denial and stayed in the first floor; some accepted it and lived life like it was real; its not that hard to understand....

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

Dec 2009
Reaper boss was a great design. Too bad it's wasted in an episode like this. Damn, this show is always worsening...
Sep 22, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

So its unreasonable for characters to blend into a new form of reality? You make it seem like it happened right away; they have been stuck for two freaken years; i think its normal for their way of thinking to change.=

TO treat programs like that? yes it is.

I'm sure a lot of people are okay with them acting like that, but i'm not okay with it.
They have no good reason to care about a bunch of data. How many years they have been stick in SAO doesen't matter, that data is still data, they aren't humans, they don't real emotions.

Sep 22, 2012 1:26 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

If i remember correctly

As for the real world part of it

Sep 22, 2012 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
Well, look like 2 episodes left and
Sep 22, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Some people still can't grasp the essence of the story
Sep 22, 2012 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
Tsundereppoi said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:

Some people still can't grasp the essence of the story

I can perfectly grasp it, but I just think its stupid to treat bits of data in such a way.

Are negative opinions about SAO not allowed here or something?

Sep 22, 2012 1:29 PM

Jun 2012
Though I was very interested in the plot of this mini arc, I wasn't emotionally invested in Yui as a character. When she died, I wasn't crying or sad like I know the show was trying to make me.

I was surprised Yui turned out to be a GM and how she wanted to meet Kirito and Asuna because they were one of the few happy players in the game. Decent story nonetheless
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.