Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2012 1:46 PM

Feb 2012
Alright,how many of you want to see this anime because you play world of tanks?
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
I found that game crappy.
Sep 19, 2012 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
Ok,but i have seen dosens of WoT gamers raging about this anime...including myself...

Nov 7, 2012 2:31 PM
May 2012
Heard this on the World of Tanks forum.

Being quite interested in the machines of WWII I decided that I must watch this.
Nov 17, 2012 8:06 AM

Jul 2009
Someone posted pvs on wot forums, and after watching them I knew I must watch G&P. Hell, even some community coordinators on EU forum say that this anime was inspired by wot.
Nov 17, 2012 11:18 PM

Apr 2009
The anime has made me want to go back to playing WoT.

Honestly, the show was probably comissioned as one giant advertisement for the game.
Nov 20, 2012 5:35 PM

Oct 2009
Actually I was intrigued because I've played Panzer Front long ago.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 23, 2012 1:30 PM

Feb 2011
I am the reverse. I tried WoT since I heard people talking about this WoT everywhere they are talking about GuP, so bad. I'm not really saying I play WoT because I am watching GuP, since I personally have interest in historical weapons and stuff, so it is quite natural for me to get interested in both. I just happened to know WoT after I know GuP.

Amarrez said:

Honestly, the show was probably comissioned as one giant advertisement for the game.
You said it man.
The Game.
Nov 23, 2012 2:05 PM
Nov 2010
I don't think Wargaming.net are involved in this anime. If it was the case in would have beens in the news section of the forum not in off-topic. If they were involved in it, they would have advertize it.

Of course, because I play WoT, I like tanks. I find it cool to recognize the various tank, it's true but I think we don't have the same vision of tank warfare and the tank tactics are a bit lame imo.

It's not ecchi but it is moe with all that goes with it. So it's not great but it's ok imo
Nov 23, 2012 2:52 PM

Feb 2011
I don't think they are too, I just feel "advertized" since I got to know WoT from watching GuP.
The Game.
Nov 24, 2012 1:57 AM

Nov 2012
tachime said:
I don't think they are too, I just feel "advertized" since I got to know WoT from watching GuP.

where in GuP do they mention WoT?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 24, 2012 2:29 AM

Feb 2011
no_good_name said:
tachime said:

Not in GuP. I heard it from people who are watching GuP. Including this thread I guess
The Game.
Nov 24, 2012 2:42 AM

Nov 2012
tachime said:
no_good_name said:
tachime said:

Not in GuP. I heard it from people who are watching GuP. Including this thread I guess

I see, i saw a GuP video posted on the WoT forum and had to laugh, i prefer anime over games anyday.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 24, 2012 2:48 AM

Jun 2012
I'm... The only one who's never heard of this game? I guess I wanted to see this Anime because of Strike Witches, Upotte, and even Gunslinger Girl.. But I would've watched it regardless.
Nov 24, 2012 3:08 AM

Nov 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I'm... The only one who's never heard of this game? I guess I wanted to see this Anime because of Strike Witches, Upotte, and even Gunslinger Girl.. But I would've watched it regardless.

Google search?
Sky girls brought me to strike witches, upotte and girls und panzer, funnily enough sky girls is still in my to watch folder.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 1, 2012 11:48 PM

Oct 2012
Amarrez said:

It's you Lorenzo_Ruiz on WOT forums.
Dec 2, 2012 5:39 PM

Jul 2008
CrashAndBurn said:
Amarrez said:

Amarrez is Lorenzo_Ruiz? LOL

Anyway, on WoT-SEA, I'm on of the...contributors to the anime skins thread as well as the GuP thread in off-topic.
Dec 5, 2012 2:20 AM

Feb 2012
entropy13 said:
CrashAndBurn said:
Amarrez said:

Amarrez is Lorenzo_Ruiz? LOL

Anyway, on WoT-SEA, I'm on of the...contributors to the anime skins thread as well as the GuP thread in off-topic.

Could you give me a link please?

Dec 5, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
Here's the Tank Skins section of SEA Forums:
http://forum.worldoftanks-sea.com/index.php?/forum/63-tank-skins/

Here's the Big GuP mods thread:
http://forum.worldoftanks-sea.com/index.php?/topic/8226-girls-und-panzer/

Includes audio packs and skins until the Anzio match. Pravda audio packs and skins are WIP.
Dec 13, 2012 5:13 AM
Dec 2010
I love the game AND this anime. Wish wargaming could do something in collab with the producers of Girls Und Panzer for something epic.
Dec 13, 2012 6:02 AM

Aug 2008
newnar said:
I love the game AND this anime. Wish wargaming could do something in collab with the producers of Girls Und Panzer for something epic.

If Sentai Filmworks and Wargaming.net are up to it, they could try enclosing World of Tanks promo codes in the Girls und Panzer Blu-rays and DVDs when they're finally released in the States. Gold, premium account time, maybe a free premium tank, the works.
Dec 13, 2012 6:11 AM

Oct 2012
Great idea.
Might as well tweet the GaruPan producers to suggest it:
https://twitter.com/garupan
Dec 13, 2012 8:13 AM
Dec 2010
Actually what I was thinking was of maybe a world tournament using those tanks in the specific teams in the show. And they should release special editions of the Garupan tanks in the game. Garupan can repay the favour by showing schools training with World-of-Tanks-esque computer simulation games in the anime.

BTW:
A remix of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RtpWe4CM1A
was used in the latest episode!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlt3GIQyAQI
newnarDec 13, 2012 8:19 AM
Dec 14, 2012 1:35 AM
Nov 2012
okanagan said:
Great idea.
Might as well tweet the GaruPan producers to suggest it:
https://twitter.com/garupan

I have long wondered though... has anyone actually asked the staff what they think about World of Tanks? At least one Dev from Wargaming.net (The Chieftain, who's Wargaming.net's military expert, best known for his The Chieftain's Hatch articles on World of Tanks) is known to watch the show, so wondering about the other side of the coin.

newnar said:

BTW:
A remix of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RtpWe4CM1A
was used in the latest episode!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlt3GIQyAQI

The BGM on World of Tanks is based of the Russian folk song "Polyushka Polye", which is the same song the BGM in Girls Und Panzer adapted. Many of WoT's songs are in fact adapted from classic Russian tunes.

Just listen to this song, and tell me it doesn't sound familiar.
SayuriUlianaDec 14, 2012 1:03 PM
Dec 14, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
Ehem, ehem.

We (wot players and Polish community manager rishyu) are working on a historical battle - St. Gloriana vs Ooarai!

Due to lack of japanese tree, we will replace type 89 with some other tank (possibly D2 or Vickers Mk I), I also have absolutely no idea if this will be a reconstruction or a normal battle using GuP lineups.

There's a high chance that it will be recorded and posted on youtube. ^^

Here's a link to the discussion thread: (in Polish) http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/184831-girls-and-panzers-ustalenia-wstepne/#top
Dec 17, 2012 7:20 AM
Dec 2010
Oh shoot. I play in the SEA server instead. The GaruPan mods are making WoT more fun than ever!!!

Non-stop Katyusha loop while playing my favourite Russian HTs. Oh yea!
Dec 18, 2012 12:20 AM

Nov 2012
So I might spend the three month delay finishing up a little project involving a game with tanks. Unlike that other tank game, the Type 89 is playable.

Mission 2: Scrimmage vs St. Gloriana

Mission 3: Tournament Round 1 vs Saunders

Mission 4: Tournament Round 2 vs Anchovy
Dec 18, 2012 3:04 AM

Feb 2011
Look what did Commie do...

The Game.
Dec 18, 2012 3:17 AM

Nov 2012
tachime said:

Was that not the correct translation?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 18, 2012 3:22 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
The Japanese dialogue did not name any game specifically, just "online tank battle game".
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 18, 2012 3:25 AM

Feb 2011
no_good_name said:
tachime said:

With my limited Japanese, I think she only says "an online tank game". There are no mention about what is the specific game.
The Game.
Dec 18, 2012 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
no_good_name said:
The Japanese dialogue did not name any game specifically, just "online tank battle game".

Commie is really starting to piss me off, at times i think the only good thing about them is their name.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 18, 2012 3:39 AM

Feb 2011
Err got ninja'd there.

no_good_name said:

Commie is really starting to piss me off, at times i think the only good thing about them is their name.
Yeah I know it is just not right, but I found myself laughing when I saw it.
The Game.
Dec 18, 2012 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
WoT is the only "online tank battle game" AFAIK anyway. lol

And except for the Ooarai instructor's MBT and the Japanese tanks (Type 89 and the Type 3 Chi-Nu) all of the tanks are in WoT.
Dec 18, 2012 5:38 AM

Oct 2009
tachime said:
Err got ninja'd there.

no_good_name said:

Yeah, me too, lol.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 18, 2012 5:45 AM

Sep 2012
tachime said:
no_good_name said:

But I guess even if they stuck to a loyal translation of the original Japanese it is likely that you would still find yourself laughing...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 18, 2012 5:51 AM

Apr 2009
entropy13 said:
WoT is the only "online tank battle game" AFAIK anyway. lol

And except for the Ooarai instructor's MBT and the Japanese tanks (Type 89 and the Type 3 Chi-Nu) all of the tanks are in WoT.

The Italian tanks aren't :3
Dec 18, 2012 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
I do not remember any italian tanks...

Since wot did a lot of advertising for girls und panzer,it was great to see an obvious world of tanks reference. :3

Dec 18, 2012 4:53 PM

Oct 2007
I refer to this show as Saki of Tanks (Saki + World of Tanks) since episode 04 but i think I'll have to change it a bit to emphasize light-hearted mood (yes, it's much more carefree and silly than Saki, there's less fanservice too. It's more realistic though).

YorozuyaGinSan said:
It's one of the most popular games in the world, it's free as well. Try it out if you haven't already.

no_good_name said:
Drop your no fun allowed attitude, enjoy Übermensch subs. Or swith to different group. I enjoyed their reference, they're really making this show better (unlike S;G OVA which they made terrible).
Dec 19, 2012 2:36 AM
Dec 2010
Lol considering that the GaruPan universe might not be the same universe as ours......maybe putting it as WoT might just be a little bit off tangent, but then oh well who give a damn. We're all players of an online tank battle game anyway.
Dec 21, 2012 6:14 AM

Nov 2012
newnar said:
Lol considering that the GaruPan universe might not be the same universe as ours......maybe putting it as WoT might just be a little bit off tangent, but then oh well who give a damn. We're all players of an online tank battle game anyway.

Speak for yourself, i never got around to downloading Wot, by looking on their forum and seeing the huge amount of people who have played 5000+ battles is off putting, i dont want to get my ass handed to me.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 21, 2012 10:18 AM
Nov 2012
Progeusz said:
Drop your no fun allowed attitude, enjoy Übermensch subs. Or swith to different group. I enjoyed their reference, they're really making this show better (unlike S;G OVA which they made terrible).

It's hard to believe Commie makes the show better when they shoehorn a reference in (World of Tanks, Winston Churchill, Hitler etc.) while missing the actual references in the show (DD-Tanks, "Nuts!", "All's fair in love and war").
Dec 21, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
SayuriUliana said:
Progeusz said:

It's hard to believe Commie makes the show better when they shoehorn a reference in (World of Tanks, Winston Churchill, Hitler etc.) while missing the actual references in the show (DD-Tanks, "Nuts!", "All's fair in love and war").

I find myself downloading each ep twice, i only get commie's because they are always the first fansub group to release each ep (but they do seem to be failing as far as GuP is concerned)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 22, 2012 8:56 AM

Oct 2007
SayuriUliana said:
IIRC they got the last one right. It should be pretty obvious that creators of GuP play WoT (I showed the series my friend yesterday and he immediately thought of WoT when he saw the battles) and had to use vague statement because of copyright. That's the same thing as correcting names of airport etc. in Space Brothers. Hitler was part of Übermensch stylization.
Dec 22, 2012 10:11 AM

Oct 2012
Commie did miss "All's fair in love and war".

At 12:55 in Episode 4, Darjeeling said,

"Do you know this saying?
An Englishwoman abandons her morals in love and war."
Dec 22, 2012 7:14 PM
Oct 2012
SayuriUliana said:

I dropped Commie in the 2nd episode when they completely screwed up the part when Ami was talking about Miho's mother.

When my listening Japanese comprehension is better than the translation, it makes you wonder what they are missing.
Dec 23, 2012 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
AFAIK most Japanese WoT players are in my server, WoT SEA. And the foremost Japanese clan (SDRHB, or "SD Rahab") is part of the vile Central Alliance. They're treated with just grudging respect partly, but mostly with hatred. Much like how Allied commanders treat Waffen-SS commanders. They've been good militarily (they're good in playing WoT), but they're still SS (they're still Central Alliance).

There are some in other, smaller clans though...like "JapaneseArmy" being part of some other clan LOL.

And there are a lot of GuP related usernames in WoT now. LOL
entropy13Dec 23, 2012 7:10 PM
Dec 24, 2012 8:03 AM
Dec 2010
Haha guys, Wargaming just gave released a festive video comprising of footage taken a locally-held event that I attended. Check out the vid and see if you can spot our "Panzer Vor!"

http://worldoftanks-sea.com/news/1067-happy-holidays-sea/
Dec 24, 2012 9:47 AM

Jul 2009
"Historical" battle St. Gloriana vs Ooarai

Ooarai was pretty undergunned, but still, my Matilda was usually left with only a few HP. After 2 battles, we agreed that they can use some upgrades - best guns on pz4 and stug. Soooo, the last battle (on serene coast) was tough (we were taken by surprise, Ooarai was firing from a ridge on our right flank) and... Lolworthy - due to comments and some stunts (like churchill doing kamikaze death from above on stug).

And Gloriana lost the last one...

All in all, it was fun!

Next one - Saunders vs Pravda!
Jan 8, 2013 10:15 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.