Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 9, 2012 3:53 AM

Aug 2009
Migzie said:
LOL, quote spam.

Anyway, I respect your opinion and you're right we have different taste. I just find it invalid because its too soon to judge. [Glad you didn't start a hateful comment]

There some things in your opinion is valid [The plot twisting events and underestimating you]
Sep 9, 2012 3:53 AM
Jul 2010
^Yikes! Can you say POWER OVERWHELMING?! (to Migzie)
Sep 9, 2012 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
I think that a capslock post lock is annoying.

So SAO. I like the LN and I find this adaptation really bad. But even if it's bad, I watch it because I want to see this story animated. That's all.
Sep 9, 2012 4:01 AM

Nov 2009
Avenir said:
I think that a capslock post lock is annoying.

So SAO. I like the LN and I find this adaptation really bad. But even if it's bad, I watch it because I want to see this story animated. That's all.

Oh nice, we have something in common
Sep 9, 2012 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
TBH I had no idea it was so popular till I yday watched the episode 10 forumthread and saw there very over 200 reply's in 3 hours, I was like "whut o.o" but I can understand it.
TBH episode 9 attrected me to the anime very badly and idk why just couldn't wait for the next episode cause like most might said I like the concept of being trapped in a game and fighting you're way out.
I also yesterday started to right the novel translations but err xD let's say I got a bit pissed knowing I predicted a total wrong ending (that finishing floor 100 wouldn't be that the anime finished), pisses cause I don't know what to expect more then readed volume 2 and 3 and I found it kind off odd... and for the rest I'll let myself be surprised if it gets an anime adeption or not since am to confused.
Bet this is bad English but felt like posting it xP
Sep 9, 2012 4:04 AM

Feb 2012

1. The concept is good. Attract gamers.
  2. After seeing episode one, you can clearly tell that the show had amazing potential.
  3. The LN is amazing.

Why it got 8.66 score is a mystery tho. Prolly related to these 3 points.
Sep 9, 2012 4:07 AM
Jan 2012
SAO is good but highly over rated. The plot is good but how it was presented was awful. There aren't any action other than the one in episode 2 and 9. The rest are just trolling action with only a few hack and slash win. There aren't much fan service too. And There aren't much things to be considered as plot twist, most of the things happening are highly expected. Also SAO art is good nothing to complain about that and the characters are appealing in their own way. But aside from that everything else is bad.
Sep 9, 2012 4:09 AM
Mar 2012
Because everyone is jumping the damn bandwagon, of course with its huge sales in light novels it already gained an audience. But since it got hyped up so much everyone started paying attention to it.

As for how good it is, it is ok, I have seen better, I am not particularly a fan of the story skipping around or Kirito being an emotionless guy. But since people like this, let them. Sooner or later a new anime will come along and those same fans will say: "This is so awesome, comparing SAO to this is like comparing shit to gold."

It is all hyped now, so after it ends it won't be that popular any more, and as a result will be marked as a decent anime, but not like the biased fanboys are saying: "BEST ANIME EVER!!!".
Sep 9, 2012 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
It's popular because there's a lot of people who've read the LN. The LN is a masterpiece. It doesn't matter how bad the adaptation is, it's still SAO. I'll score it 9 no matter what happens in the adaptation just because it's SAO. SAO is godlike.
Sep 9, 2012 4:22 AM

May 2011
It's shit but entertaining and that's what people seem to like the best.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 9, 2012 4:25 AM

Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:
It's popular because there's a lot of people who've read the LN. The LN is a masterpiece. It doesn't matter how bad the adaptation is, it's still SAO. I'll score it 9 no matter what happens in the adaptation just because it's SAO. SAO is godlike.

I guess this is the reason why it scores so high.
Karhu said:
It's shit but entertaining and that's what people seem to like the best.

/thread
Sep 9, 2012 4:30 AM
Sep 2011
You just knew that? Seriously?

This is why we got a bunch of overrated high scores anime, not only SAO.
HibiChouchouSep 9, 2012 4:34 AM
Sep 9, 2012 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
HibiChouchou said:

There are some people that don't take scoring seriously. Just letting you know.
Sep 9, 2012 4:42 AM
Apr 2011
SAO's appeal to me is that it's just what I've always always wanted, to enter a perfect game and never wake up ever.
Sep 9, 2012 5:12 AM
Jan 2012
LeafyVegetable said:
SAO's appeal to me is that it's just what I've always always wanted, to enter a perfect game and never wake up ever.

Then go die by having yourself sleep pk
or
get yourself a dragon poop and forge it into a high grade weapon
Sep 9, 2012 5:14 AM

Apr 2009
Shirubaasouru said:
same reason the sissy Justin Bieber, lame Twilight, Call of Duty are so popular

Sadly, this.
Add World of Warcraft to that list as well....people these days seem to have an allergy against intelligence.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 9, 2012 5:15 AM

Jul 2009
Kairen said:
HibiChouchou said:

And some that take it way too seriously.
Sep 9, 2012 5:48 AM

Jan 2009
NNick said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:

Sadly, this.
Add World of Warcraft to that list as well....people these days seem to have an allergy against intelligence.

Glad to see that some people here still have standards.

Just because you enjoy grimdark anime, don't even try to think that your taste is much superior to anyone. Hating SAO because they were too mainstream? congratulation, you just become a hypocrite by also humiliating yourself by fanboying yourself to DN and Geass. Hating SAO because they were too happy two-goody and no grimdark moment? more hypocritical argument because SHNY got no grimdark shit you loved.

Seriously, you grimdark animu lover needs to chill yo tits and watch anime with open minded awareness. Give this series a try and open your close minded of grimdark emo perspective, that should makes you enjoy more of anime without getting that grimdark emo perspective blocking your sense of enjoyment in watching anime.

And no offense intended about the anime i mentioned earlier, SHNY is one of my all time favorite, same goes with S;G.
Sep 9, 2012 5:52 AM

Aug 2009
sbg711 said:
Kairen said:
HibiChouchou said:

And some that take it way too seriously.

Like the person that criticizes your list?
Sep 9, 2012 5:56 AM

Mar 2012
Generic shonen storylines, fanservice, MMORPG style, swords, kissing that isn't really romantic but of course people will convince themselves it is like any soap opera/cheesy show in existence... aka more fanservice
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2009
NNick said:
darkro90 said:
NNick said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:

Sadly, this.

Just because you enjoy grimdark anime, don't even try to think that your taste is much superior to anyone. Hating SAO because they were too mainstream? congratulation, you just become a hypocrite by also humiliating yourself by fanboying yourself to DN and Geass. Hating SAO because they were too happy two-goody and no grimdark moment? more hypocritical argument because SHNY got no grimdark shit you loved.

Seriously, you grimdark animu lover needs to chill yo tits and watch anime with open minded awareness. Give this series a try and open your close minded of grimdark emo perspective, that should makes you enjoy more of anime without getting that grimdark emo perspective blocking your sense of enjoyment in watching anime.

And no offense intended about the anime i mentioned earlier, SHNY is one of my all time favorite, same goes with S;G.

Everything that is not rated on my list is bad and bellow 8. Code Geass was mediocre at best.
What's SHNY? Haruhi? It was also bad, the movie, however was great.

And yes, i dont think i'll watch a single anime show this year anymore, unlike most of you, i hate watching shows which are dull and simplistic.
Now, i'm not saying you all should stop watching this show, but, i'm simply implying that it's bad.

To each their own i guess. But still, it wouldn't hurt to give those anime that you imply "dull and simplistic" a shot. Open mindedness is the only thing you need before you got into total enjoyment in watching animes, not limited only to those that isn't "dull and simplistic".
Sep 9, 2012 6:32 AM

Apr 2009
darkro90 said:
NNick said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:

Sadly, this.

Most "grimdark" anime are shit as well, since authors often think that dark themes make good storytelling. And if you look at Code Geass, Guilty Crown, Deadman Wonderland, the Zetman anime and other examples you can see that this is just not the case. It's actually even worse fanservice than most stupid harem shows or ecchi series, because most of the fans of "dark anime" are having superiority complexes and refuse to watch light-hearted stuff. "Only mature anime for mature people such as myself"....it's mostly underage idiots who think that way.
Nevertheless SAO is mediocre at best, with hilarious harem elements (Kirito must be a walking aphrodisiac), a self-insert protagonist of the worst sort and poorly written scene after scene.
Sep 9, 2012 6:35 AM

Mar 2009
Kairen said:
Same reason why High School of the Dead, Steins;Gate, Code Geass and some other few high rated is popular.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

What.

Sep 9, 2012 6:40 AM

Mar 2012
108s9001 said:
Kairen said:
Same reason why High School of the Dead, Steins;Gate, Code Geass and some other few high rated is popular.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

What.
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 6:40 AM

Apr 2010
Hater's gonna hate. A lot of people love the show so shut the fuck up and accept it.
Sep 9, 2012 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Mikasa said:

What.

108s9001 said:

What.

It's easy to blow a mind when there are not many synapses currently in use...
I seriously hope Kairen did not think that HotD did have a good plot....or any other sane human, for that example.
Sep 9, 2012 6:48 AM

Feb 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:
same reason the sissy Justin Bieber, lame Twilight, Call of Duty Taylor Swift are so popular
Sep 9, 2012 6:50 AM

Apr 2009
ZBurn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:
same reason the sissy Justin Bieber, lame Twilight, Call of Duty Taylor Swift are so popular

Don't try to deny it. CoD is for pre-teens, who got the game with mommy's credit card and think they're h4xX0r. Let me guess, you're under 18? Because I never met an actual CoD player that I could classify as an adult...
Anyway, enough off-topic.
Just watched episode 10 today...the main story that was hyped by most people here isn't good either.
Sep 9, 2012 6:51 AM
Jan 2012
ZBurn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:

This.
Sep 9, 2012 6:52 AM

Mar 2012
Call of Duty sucks, and all shooters do as well
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
Mikasa said:

games suck
Sep 9, 2012 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
sbg711 said:
Mikasa said:

games suck

THEREFORE SAO SUCKS MUHAHAHAHA

:P
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
Mikasa said:
sbg711 said:
Mikasa said:

games suck

and so do you

Sep 9, 2012 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
sbg711 said:
Mikasa said:
sbg711 said:
Mikasa said:

games suck

and so do you

I'm not a game -_-
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 6:57 AM

Feb 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
ZBurn said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:

Don't try to deny it. CoD is for pre-teens, who got the game with mommy's credit card and think they're h4xX0r. Let me guess, you're under 18? Because I never met an actual CoD player that I could classify as an adult...
Anyway, enough off-topic.
Just watched episode 10 today...the main story that was hyped by most people here isn't good either.

Lol im 18 bro and in University, jumping the bandwagon eh, although MW3 was a waste of 60 euro but i still like it.

@Mikasa May Payne 3 is a shooter and it's amazing.
Sep 9, 2012 6:58 AM

Jul 2009
Mikasa said:
sbg711 said:
Mikasa said:
sbg711 said:
Mikasa said:

games suck

and so do you

I'm not a game -_-

i was tricked
Sep 9, 2012 6:59 AM

Sep 2011
cause it appeals to alot of people. I'm sure its absolute dog shit but so is CG R2 and thats in the top 10 on this site so this doesnt bother me as much

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2012 7:01 AM

Apr 2009
ZBurn said:

Lol im 18 bro and in University, jumping the bandwagon eh, although MW3 was a waste of 60 euro but i still like it.

@Mikasa May Payne 3 is a shooter and it's amazing.

If you like waste, then it's no wonder you like CoD :P
And MP3 is pathetic if you compare it to the first two parts. I was greatly disappointed by Rockstar, although I should've known better after GTA4. Play some Hearts of Iron 2/3 if you want good games.
Sep 9, 2012 7:16 AM
Oct 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Candor said:

"best anime of the year" is subjective, I think of a different show.

But, I'm gonna wait for the real "best anime of this year(2012)"
http://forum.anime-reactor.net/viewforum.php?f=28&sid=7d083081f79cca9a6cc073211b381ada

^ this site is one of the most reliable site to evaluate an anime you can find across the Internet. I cannot agree more on all of their awards.
It's subjective to an extent, but it's still well-executed and a great show, it's one of the very few shows I gave a 10. The website looks credible somehow, I'll bookmark it to see the ratings at the end of the year or next year, this's the first year I've watched on-goings so I think I can tell now how credible it is when I see the rankings. And thanks for the website.
Sep 9, 2012 7:59 AM

Nov 2009
Candor said:

Yeap, you're welcome, if you have time, just skim through their awards since 2003 (the website was created in 2003). I'm not saying all of their awards/criticisms were exactly right, but most of the awards are well deserved to me though.
Sep 9, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
NNick said:
darkro90 said:
NNick said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:

Sadly, this.

Everything that is not rated on my list is bad and bellow 8. Code Geass was mediocre at best.
What's SHNY? Haruhi? It was also bad, the movie, however was great.

And yes, i dont think i'll watch a single anime show this year anymore, unlike most of you, i hate watching shows which are dull and simplistic.
Now, i'm not saying you all should stop watching this show, but, i'm simply implying that it's bad.

Code Geass was Medicore at best? Yeah nvm, gonna ignore you from now on. I suppose Little girls fighting with magic amuses you more than Mecha and World Domination.
Sep 9, 2012 8:54 AM

Jun 2012
Im having an internal debate whether or not i should start watching this now or when its done airing, all the hype makes me want to watch it.
Sep 9, 2012 8:57 AM

Jul 2012
NNick said:
Because Lelouch wasn't "Evil" enough like Light, animation was bad, art was weird and don't i like Mecha, except for Evangelion. Not to mention, DN was my first anime i ever watched.

And quite frankly, i have no idea why i rated Madoka so high.
I didn't like first the part of the show, when i first started the it, i instatly dropped it after first 5 minutes.
Same goes for Steins Gate, first 11 Episodes were crap. I actually skipped 2 or 3 just to get to episode 12 faster, where that girl got killed.

Go on, i can explain everything.
Nevertheless, if anything, i can't take you seriously with that avatar and signature picture.

Same thing can be said to you. Weird ass avatar with disjointed N's.
DivisionGSep 9, 2012 9:00 AM
Sep 9, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
Shuhan said:
Im having an internal debate whether or not i should start watching this now or when its done airing, all the hype makes me want to watch it.

Wait for it, I'm also going to stop watching for a while because I know what is going to happen. Going to resume when it finished airing.
Sep 9, 2012 9:06 AM
Sep 2012
DivisionG said:
NNick said:
Because Lelouch wasn't "Evil" enough like Light, animation was bad, art was weird and don't i like Mecha, except for Evangelion. Not to mention, DN was my first anime i ever watched.

I didn't like first the part of the show, when i first started the it, i instatly dropped it after first 5 minutes.
Same goes for Steins Gate, first 11 Episodes were crap. I actually skipped 2 or 3 just to get to episode 12 faster, where that girl got killed.

Nevertheless, if anything, i can't take you seriously with that avatar and signature picture.

Same thing can be said to you. Weird ass avatar with disjointed N's.

LOL DISJOINTED N's!! YOU MADE MY DAY!
Sep 9, 2012 9:09 AM
Sep 2012
NNick said:

In the end, it's just a matter of personal preference and opinion. Like how you don't like Code Geass because Lelouch is not evil enough similar to Light, and that's exactly opposite for me. While It's alright for you to hate SAO, I don't think your preference and opinion about what to like or not like in an anime are superior to others.
Sep 9, 2012 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
The show is not good but I think everyone here is just watching it because the summer season doesn't have many quality shows to begin with.
Sep 9, 2012 9:12 AM

Jul 2010
BloodRequiem said:

hatahari said:
Well I think it's popular because it's by far one of the best new animes for this year. :)

What kind of shit did you watch for you to say something that absurd?

I believe I've never watched an anime that is a shit. I said it because I like SAO. I don't think any opinion is absurd.
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 9, 2012 9:15 AM

Jun 2012
DivisionG said:
Shuhan said:

Wait for it, I'm also going to stop watching for a while because I know what is going to happen. Going to resume when it finished airing.

Yeah sounds good, I was leaning that way as well.
Sep 9, 2012 9:16 AM
Jan 2012
To all the people criticising people for liking the show - last time I checked, people were allowed an opinion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
Today, 12:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

52 by Shadee64 »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.