Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 2017 3:48 AM

Mar 2015
The way the Count looked like he was crying but was actually laughing maniacally sent chills down my spine
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 28, 2017 12:03 AM

Oct 2012
Awww I thought Count is going to cry
It seems hell is upon Albert once he's back into Earth

I definitely don't like the parents
But I'm definitely not on Count's side if he hurts Albert
He didn't do anything
Parent's sins is parent's not the offsprings
"Signature removed"
May 1, 2017 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
The greatest anime to date 2003! No doubt!! and one of the most emotional episode! I can feel for Albert how must he feel... (yeah so far, franz is the character freaking me out!)
May 7, 2017 6:31 PM
Feb 2017
The art and soundtrack towards the end was amazing. This episode blew my mind.
Aug 5, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2013
Albert's father got what he deserved, hopefully he is in jail now.
Aug 5, 2017 11:13 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
gosh, what is the count going to do when he gets back? D: Yikes.

And that face the count made after he parted with Albert. >_<

Apparently all MCs are supposed to "grow up" and become manly.
Aug 15, 2017 4:27 AM
Jan 2017
Thank God Albert left for earth otherwise this was turning into an erotic series from a thriller one.
Jan 12, 2018 11:02 AM

Jan 2017
gay feeling betrayed dammit

I also thought Count was crying at the end
Jan 20, 2018 6:06 PM

Feb 2016
Everything was perfect in this episode. The Count, Haydee, the music and the build up.
SilentSword114Jan 23, 2018 8:16 PM
Jan 26, 2018 6:26 AM

Nov 2016
Thr visuals were nice to look at.

Pretty great episode,the story about the betrayed sailor was quite tragic,but I guess the count was referring to himself.

That crazy laughter at the end,tho,the count is so savge.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 11, 2018 7:20 PM

Oct 2015
You can't catch me, gay thoughts!

The last look he gave to Albert was so sad and lonely, I even thought he felt guilt... I was moved when The Count's shoulders started trembling. Well, he deceived me, and it felt great.

5/5
Aug 16, 2018 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
Years later this is still one of the greatest anime moments in history, and there is no better way then to celebrate MAL's forum return than to go back to this thread. This episode really was a breaking point. Goosebumps still present to this day.

P.S. Bless the soundtrack!
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Feb 5, 2019 4:19 AM

May 2016
The Count subtly told Albert about the very situation that caused him to seek his revenge in the first place and the poor lad saw himself as the misfortunate sailor a hundred percent. Albert put his absolute trust to the Count even after all the thing's he'd done behind the scenes only to be forced to see the truth of his father's real situation by himself as his plot reaches fruition. It looked like he showed a tinge of regret for doing all that to the person who considered him as a friend but the satisfaction of everything coming into place was stronger for him.

It's quite surreal that gramps just unscrewed his hand to reveal his strange insurance memory pen. At least he got to find some truth in everything that's been happening for once.

Haidee reveals the real truth about the General's most famous stand on her home planet and revealed to the world that he was actually the one who made the kingdom crumble from the inside and sold the survivors to slavery. Spilling the beans about his darkest secret at the most covered event in France is certainly the biggest blow the Count can deal him. All that's left is for Danglars to take his turn.

Apr 7, 2019 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
WOW, the ending blew me away. The music combined with a rollercoaster of emotions is just so good. The Count's laugh was unexpected and incredibly well done. Banger of an end to an already good episode.
Jun 6, 2020 11:38 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
Maybe it’s because it’s 2:36 am but I found the reveal of the count to be lackluster. I dod enjoy the BG when Albert was trying convince the Count to stay, it was so tense and full of raw emotion. Albert’s daddy is just a liar, he even lied about a his own name. Lastly, the story of how the count got thrown in jail by his best friend over a girl is awful.
Jul 4, 2020 9:47 PM
Jan 2013
GOD. Hands down my favorite episode. Hearing an emotional Haydee unravel her story and unravel Fernand Mondego... While also seeing Albert and the Count’s private moments were so damn good.

I know the immediate reaction to the Count/Albert scenes is to think that Albert’s love is primarily sexual, but to me it just reeks of infatuation, of wanting so desperately to be noticed and feel cared for. Albert has no role models and despite all appearances, his family seems emotionally unavailable. He does have Franz, but they’re peers and both growing up at different paces with different circumstances. And Albert seems to live a directionless/empty life; the authoritative Count taking a personal interest in him makes him feel worthy and driven.

Albert’s tearful confession, the Count’s response (I want to think that he was touched)... The Count sincerely clasping Albert’s hands while saying he should be at his father’s side, then sending him back while looking sad then laughing his head off.

Such a mindfuck and every time I watch, I actually feel like I’m being personally betrayed, like I suddenly got dumped.
Jul 11, 2020 11:19 PM
Jun 2020
This is in the future but 1700s style setting is kind of conflicting because of many reasons. One of em is that they have this type of technology where you access files of your mind but the only form of long distance communication is by mail.
Sep 23, 2021 3:14 AM

Aug 2020
His plan is coming together now.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Nov 4, 2021 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
smoking shisha in the space? that's cool
Mar 31, 2022 2:03 PM

May 2021
The scene as the Count sends Albert back was so damn good. I am guessing he laughed either to cope or because everything's going according to keikaku.

Apr 26, 2022 12:38 PM
Nov 2020
the relationship between albert and the court wasnt romantic or sexual but one of a mentor and student if you ever watched the original yugioh yugi and atem had this relationship
Sep 3, 2022 9:51 AM

Jun 2020
I have so many questions. What an interesting episode. Time for the next.

Jun 10, 2023 6:20 AM

Jan 2021
Ah, why do I feel like there's a bit of heavy feelings (guilt?) in the Count for doing this? And I doubt that was their last meeting, the Count saying "one day I will ask you the same question" to Albert... but well, I feel like, how did Albert take it when he knew that this all started from his meeting with the Count in Luna? And he was the one who brought and introduced the Count to his relatives in Paris. He thought highly of the Count, and Franz had warned him from the beginning to be careful.. though, I think the Count friendship with Albert is kind of genuine.

Haydee's confrontation was very cool and thrilling, Shut your mouth, Fernand Mondego!

Well, well. Why did he change his name? Trying to get rid of his dark past?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 13, 2008

173 by stationry »»
Apr 19, 9:36 AM

» About the Ending of Gankutsuou [Spoilers]

DeactivatedProbe - May 29, 2021

2 by scrapegoat »»
Feb 19, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Jun 14, 2008

94 by KuroGFX »»
Feb 6, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

StabbyPWNS - Nov 3, 2008

120 by Leongolleyn »»
Dec 29, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 13 Discussion

Mikiyo - Apr 8, 2009

45 by nicissad »»
Oct 5, 2023 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.